julias
Adit
Kick
RuthlesGangstaDef:villin
58 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Is Alonso Right?

Alonso: Tackling is not a quality for a footballer - Page 5 Vote_lcap19%Alonso: Tackling is not a quality for a footballer - Page 5 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 10 ]
Alonso: Tackling is not a quality for a footballer - Page 5 Vote_lcap81%Alonso: Tackling is not a quality for a footballer - Page 5 Vote_rcap 81% 
[ 44 ]

Total Votes : 54

Alonso: Tackling is not a quality for a footballer - Page 5 Empty Re: Alonso: Tackling is not a quality for a footballer

Post by Glory Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:14 am

TBh I agree with his views. You only need tackling as a side quality. If a defenders' main quality is great tackling then in most of the cases it tells his positioning and reading of the game is subpar. A great example of that is Phil Jones. The lad is as brainless as it gets but still is considered a decentish defender cos he has a good tackle in him. And Daley Blind is an apt example that support Alonso's claims. Easily one of the top 5 defenders in the prem and he rarely tackles.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Alonso: Tackling is not a quality for a footballer - Page 5 Empty Re: Alonso: Tackling is not a quality for a footballer

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:20 am

That's not true at all imo. Tackling is a good quality to have especially in a DM whose job is to clear everything that gets past the half way line. Those who don't tackle are either too scared to cause a foul or too slow to do so. One of the reasons i love Casemiro so much is due to his tackling, he always racks up record number of tackle without causing too many fouls. So no I don't agree with Alonso here
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:29 am

if footballers stop tackling, Mourinhos and Simeones would have to start flipping burgers imo.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:32 am

tackling is very important.... slide tackling is a last resort, if a defensive player slide tackles too much then his positioning sucks.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:46 am

I think a clean slide tackle is one of the best things about football hmm
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:52 am

aesthetically yes they are nice, but 9/10 times when you tackle someone without sliding you can make a fast counter / retain the ball.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:32 pm

people are making the assumption that you only tackle when you're face to face with the attacker, hence the "constant tackling means poor positioning" stance....which isn't necessarily true. tackling shouldn't be the first resort, but, good defensive players can put in tackles to help out another defender who may have been outmatched or dribbled. the attacker's overlapping down the right because the right back has messed up, a good defender can sacrifice his role and get in there to mop up the tackle if he isn't too far away

a lot of times i see so called great CBs and DMs not do anything in such situations and just throw their hands up because they're scared of the foul. you're a good defensive minded player, then you should be able to execute a clean all-ball tackle without fouling, and not just throw your hands up to signify to the ref that you're not touching the attacker

titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:33 pm

for me, tackling (not blockhead type tackles or fouls) remains a good quality i'd want in my defensive midfielder, wing backs and CBs.

but it seems people get infatuated in defensive midfielders doing a backheel, passing the ball sideways; wing backs, being able to do step-overs; goalkeepers who are two-footed and can pass the ball to their nearest defender or a goalie who can do a david beckham type pass, rather than the jobs their position actually requires. i'd rather have a defender who can tackle cleanly, than one who's known for his backheels....a goalie who can stop shots n make saves than a two-footed goalie. defending is also an important part of the game
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:41 pm

Yea I was blatantly assuming tackling footballers = tackling center defenders and tackling = slide tackling. Henceforth my above views.
If you do not have to move considerably from your starting position it automatically means you are tackling without sliding. In such cases tackling is not a determinant of the players' positioning and is in fact a good attribute to have I agree.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:05 pm

Lucifer wrote:if footballers stop tackling, Mourinhos and Simeones would have to start flipping burgers imo.
Laughing Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:49 pm

mourinho gets a bad wrap...at times its warranted, a lot of times its warranted. but his chelsea with duff drogba robben lampard wasn't all 'rumble-tumble, tackle and hack'. i recall a game they lost 1 nil to utd, and utd were the ones who were all rumble-tumble; even ruud was putting in defensive shifts. ironically his porto side that won the ucl had the most fouled player in the tournament in deco. or one of the most fouled; it was between deco and figo.

simeone's a bit different...but its not like he's been out there coaching sides that have vast offensive talent to make him look good to the point fans start acting like his shit don't stink
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:19 pm

Might as well share my 2Cents in this thread as well while I'm still logged on.

In my opinion winning is about exploiting mistakes by your opponent. In general this translates, for defenders, into not making an error with your positioning individually and as a unit (and while you make a standing tackle to regain possession). Theoretically, with sound overall tactics, you'd be able to handle any attack without having to make any sliding tackles and standing tackles should suffice. Seeing as even the best players aren't robots, mistakes will be made. Sliding tackles are a tool to correct your own or others their mistake. Prime Maldini hardly used any sliding tackles because he was GOAT and so was the rest of that defensive unit.

So yeah, in a perfect world sliding tackles are for the weak. But in reality, it is a really useful tool to correct an error that at some point is bound to happen.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:25 pm

Xabi Alonso wants to announce his retirement this week
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:05 pm

RealGunner wrote:Xabi Alonso wants to announce his retirement this week

How will he tackle retirement life? hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:07 pm

He's a natural to be a coach!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:39 pm

Thimmy wrote:

From behind.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:40 pm

futbol_bill wrote:He's a natural to be a coach!

Klopp replacement in 5 years? hmm
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:48 pm

Lucifer wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

From behind.
And late
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:49 pm

no, he going to coach in la liga!!

He been an on the field coach (at three different teams) for years and claimed when he went to Bayern it was an opportunity to play under a very good coach. If you look back, other than Benitez he has learned a lot from a number of top coaches.

I expect him to put all that to practice. Wouldn't be surprised if he begins at home with La Real Sociedad.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:51 pm

We didn't sign him in his prime just because of 2m difference lmao

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5