EarlyPrototype
Zealous
Babun
estrella bernabeu
VanDeezNuts
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Stats for our 3 main goal scorers - Page 2 Empty Re: Stats for our 3 main goal scorers

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:44 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Putting all these together based on goal efficiency, the top 10 looks something like this:

Balotelli 70%
Higuain 68.8%
Aguero 61.1%
Cesc 54.5%
Benzema 50%
Llorente 50%
Soldado 50%
Van Persie 45.2%
Gomez 42.7%
Ronaldo 39.5%

There likely are a few names that we haven't thought of, but you can make a case that these are the best strikers in the world (right now). An exception should be given to Messi and Ronaldo (& likely Neymar) given how creative they both are, but these numbers are very impressive.

From a Spanish perspective, I surprised how much superior Soldado, Llorente (& I assume Negredo as well even tho we haven't seen his numbers) are over Villa and Torres who we always think (well maybe not lately in case of Torres) are in the top 5 in world. and on top of that, 2 of them are ex-Madrid.

That's not exactly right Bill. What you're looking at is how many of their shot on goal is scored. I think it's actually more important to look at how many of the total shots are scored... that measures both accuracy and efficiency. For example, if a player only puts 30% of his shots on goal (on target), that's not all that good to me even if he makes a high percentage of the shots that hit the target. So looking at it in just goal per shot efficiency:

Higuain 40.7% (insane btw)
Gomez 29.1%
Aguero 25.6%
Balotelli 23.3%
Benzema 22.5%
Van Persie 21.9%
Falcao 20.9%
Soldado 20%
Llorente 18.6%

I didn't include Cesc and Muniain because they've taken less than 20 total shots each.

Back to top Go down

Stats for our 3 main goal scorers - Page 2 Empty Re: Stats for our 3 main goal scorers

Post by futbol_bill Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:04 pm

sportsczy wrote:
futbol_bill wrote:Putting all these together based on goal efficiency, the top 10 looks something like this:

Balotelli 70%
Higuain 68.8%
Aguero 61.1%
Cesc 54.5%
Benzema 50%
Llorente 50%
Soldado 50%
Van Persie 45.2%
Gomez 42.7%
Ronaldo 39.5%

There likely are a few names that we haven't thought of, but you can make a case that these are the best strikers in the world (right now). An exception should be given to Messi and Ronaldo (& likely Neymar) given how creative they both are, but these numbers are very impressive.

From a Spanish perspective, I surprised how much superior Soldado, Llorente (& I assume Negredo as well even tho we haven't seen his numbers) are over Villa and Torres who we always think (well maybe not lately in case of Torres) are in the top 5 in world. and on top of that, 2 of them are ex-Madrid.

That's not exactly right Bill. What you're looking at is how many of their shot on goal is scored. I think it's actually more important to look at how many of the total shots are scored... that measures both accuracy and efficiency. For example, if a player only puts 30% of his shots on goal (on target), that's not all that good to me even if he makes a high percentage of the shots that hit the target. So looking at it in just goal per shot efficiency:

Higuain 40.7% (insane btw)
Gomez 29.1%
Aguero 25.6%
Balotelli 23.3%
Benzema 22.5%
Van Persie 21.9%
Falcao 20.9%
Soldado 20%
Llorente 18.6%

I didn't include Cesc and Muniain because they've taken less than 20 total shots each.

I agree that's a better indicator, but it's still basically the same players. I still think I would put Ronaldo, Messi and Neymar onto the list re best strikers (or goal scorers) due to their insane creativity, but I think one is hard pressed not to include any of the 9 mentioned above.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:19 pm

Cavani

6 goals, 1 assist
35 shots, 14 shots on goal
17.1% shot efficiency
42.9% shot on goal efficiency

Neymar

14 goals, 5 assists
80 shots, 38 shots on goal
17.5% shot efficiency
36.8% shot on goal efficiency

Messi

20 goals, 7 assists
97 shots, 51 shots on goal
20.6% shot efficiency
39.2% shot on goal efficiency

Back to top Go down

Post by Baraa Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:00 pm

benguain :bow:
however , mourinho will have to choose between benguain and di maria Mad
Baraa
Baraa
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2