Was sacking Carlo a terrible move by Chelsea?

+16
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Adit
EarlyPrototype
Lord Spencer
Kick
The Franchise
Gil
The Madrid One
leemhuis
Luca
Sushi Master
El Chelsea Fuerte
Blue
Le Samourai
ÖMARz
Grande_Milano
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Was sacking Carlo a terrible move by Chelsea? Empty Was sacking Carlo a terrible move by Chelsea?

Post by Grande_Milano Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:06 am

Looking now. He did fail twice in CL, though both times to finalists. But pretty much bossed the league.

Considering Mou also failed in Europe in Chelsea, was Roman too fast in his decision? :coffee:
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Was sacking Carlo a terrible move by Chelsea? Empty Re: Was sacking Carlo a terrible move by Chelsea?

Post by ÖMARz Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:09 am

who the hell sacks mourinho anyway.

both were terrible moves.

ÖMARz
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Was sacking Carlo a terrible move by Chelsea? Empty Re: Was sacking Carlo a terrible move by Chelsea?

Post by Le Samourai Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:12 am

Look no further than Roman forcing Mourinhio out after a poor start to the season for the Herp Derp move of the decade.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:29 am

You people seem to forget how bad Chelsea were under Carlo at this time of the year.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:33 am

LOL it's so nice to see everyone taking their chance and having a shot at Chelsea these days. Rolling Eyes

Mind your own business.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:58 am

Not really terrible. I understand if they want a new direction, it's just they don't have the players for the sort of system being implemented.

Meh, that'll be fixed, it's not like Chelsea are short on money.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:23 am

english_jewel wrote:LOL it's so nice to see everyone taking their chance and having a shot at Chelsea these days. Rolling Eyes

Mind your own business.

Don't be so defensive, you're acting like this is a personal attack
I think it is a valid question but I think Chelsea's problems go beyond the manager, squad needs a revamp and AVB could lead them in the right direction if given the chance.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:24 am

Ancellotti was proven CL winner and won EPL then come second one year. Big mistake. Chelsea will not probably be for CL next year. Also we stupid to sack Ancelloti He were better than Allegri, for sure.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:36 am

Luca wrote:
english_jewel wrote:LOL it's so nice to see everyone taking their chance and having a shot at Chelsea these days. Rolling Eyes

Mind your own business.

Don't be so defensive, you're acting like this is a personal attack
I think it is a valid question but I think Chelsea's problems go beyond the manager, squad needs a revamp and AVB could lead them in the right direction if given the chance.

This topic has been debated again and again and the conclusion is that no one is going to change their opinion, even if every Chelsea fan said it was the right thing. Especially the OP, who at that time was enjoying slamming Chelsea and specifically Roman and now is acting like he poses this as a genuine question. What I find amazing is the knee jerk against Villas-Boas, who has been in the job for only 4-5 months. People forget we were in this situation last year at this same time too yet we still finished second because of the experience of the older players. Now we could either be in the Europa League within 2-3 weeks and not qualify for the CL next year or we could qualify for the knockout rounds and secure fourth, third or even second spot by the end of the season. But of course people would use this moment, which will only looked at as a small period at the end of the season, and bring up Carlo, AVB's inexperience, Roman's ruthlessness and whatever else they can while the boat is still not floating right.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:37 am

who cares about ancellotti? sacking MOU was the real mistake.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:38 am

I definitely agree with the timing and it is a knee-jerk but oh well, humour them. I hope AVB does well, promising manager.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:22 am

Mou wasn't sacked.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:23 am

Gil wrote:Mou wasn't sacked.
u know what i mean, in the end losing him, was the biggest mistake.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:23 am

Mou realized SAF's team building years are over and he'll finally have a challenge on his hands in PL and therefor he left.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:42 am

The thing that killed Chelsea and I honestly believe this was buying Torres

He forced them to restructure the very way they play football, and with his price tag he couldn't be discarded easily, Ancelotti was in a no win situation.

They needed a striker similiar to Suarez/Falcoa or Arguero, who they could of bought easily for the sort of Money they got Torres for.

Ancelotti was a brilliant coach at Chelsea I thought and was forced into a dead end corner without any real options because of Torres.

He was struggling beforehand but they needed to buy what he wanted not what Roman wanted in order to rejuvenate the squad.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:30 pm

I think after last season, there was no doubt that Chelsea needed to start over with a new cycle, fresh ideas and more of a youth movement.

Carlo isnt that man for that job.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:41 pm

This thread...
Franchise is the first to get it right.

Can't expect a new era to be anywhere nears it's peak after 6 months.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:48 pm

Ancelotti won the Champion's league his first full year with a team he Built.

Can't really understand anyone who say Carlo is not the man to build a team. Hasn't he proved himself by building the 2003-2007 Milan. What did AVB do to be considered a better team builder than Carlo.

The problems with both men is that they don't have enough freedom to do what they want to do. At least Carlo did not.

It was obvious Carlo was brought just to milk the last years of the old guard, and even then his Assistant was fired, and the players he wanted to buy were not bought.

Regardless, Chelsea should stick with AVB if they want any chance of stabilizing in the future.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:49 pm

Chelsea need new players.

A new era with players Like Drogba, Kalou, Lampard, Alex, Anelka. Malouda etc... wont do.

Kalou is crap and the others are on the wrong side of 30.

A large investment is needed if AVB is to implement a new philosophy for the long run.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:52 pm

Because Carlo is old, ABV is young.

You need energy to build some long lasting, does Carlo have that anymore?

Second,his spell at Chelsea, he wasnt using youngsters at all. Gil and others were constantly complaining about that and I see why.

I agree, Carlo was only brought in to get what he could out of what Chelsea had left. But to start a new cycle, I dont think he is the man Chelsea was looking to for it and I see why.

AVB brings a modern approach, he is fresh and young, hungry to do well. You can see why Chelsea wanted him.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:53 pm

Well,chelsea are screwed with FFP too,they cant replace Drogba, Kalou, Lampard, Alex, Anelka. Malouda etc all of a sudden by throwing cash.They dont have a great academy too.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:55 pm

FFP rules require you dont have to be even until 2015......

#justsayin

Besides UEFA wont do nothing lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:57 pm

The Franchise wrote:Because Carlo is old, ABV is young.

Second,his spell at Chelsea, he wasnt using youngsters at all. Gil and others were constantly complaining about that and I see why.

I agree, Carlo was only brought in to get what he could out of what Chelsea had left. But to start a new cycle, I dont think he is the man Chelsea was looking to for it and I see why.

AVB brings a modern approach, he is fresh and young, hungry to do well. You can see why Chelsea wanted him.

Look how old Trapp is and he still went from challenge to challenge.

While SAF was just a little younger than Carlo when he took over.

So Chelsea thought that by bringing a manager they will magically play to his style and be a force to be reckoned with. Carlo had always a history of playing proven players, but when a youngster is proven to be worth it, he takes his chances (Kaka, Pato, Pirlo).
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:59 pm

Age of the manager doesn't really have much to do with this, but I can see what Franchise is saying a young manager like AVB will definitely have more patience and hunger than someone like Ancelotti.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:06 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Because Carlo is old, ABV is young.

Look how old Trapp is and he still went from challenge to challenge.

While SAF was just a little younger than Carlo when he took over.

So Chelsea thought that by bringing a manager they will magically play to his style and be a force to be reckoned with. Carlo had always a history of playing proven players, but when a youngster is proven to be worth it, he takes his chances (Kaka, Pato, Pirlo).

I am not saying Carlo cant do it, im saying I think it was a factor and I think Chelsea considered that. I would have anyway.

I dont think Chelsea thought it was be magic from the get go, nothing from them is suggesting they expected instant results. Its everyone else who seems to have expected that.

As for Carlo and youngsters, what you say may be true but he flat out seemingly refused to play Daniel Sturridge who was and is more then ready for a chance.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next