Babun
futbol_bill
17 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Silly season - Page 2 Empty Re: Silly season

Post by The Madrid One Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:35 am

20 mil plus garay wouldnt be too bad.

but some ridiculous stuff has been mentioned recently.

sarabia? loan him to benfica?

The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:36 am

I think he was linked to them last summer.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:41 am

The Madrid One wrote:20 mil plus garay wouldnt be too bad.

but some ridiculous stuff has been mentioned recently.

sarabia? loan him to benfica?

Sarabia in a deal doesn't go well with me.

I'd much prefer to keep it cash + one player at most (preferably Garay).
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:43 am

thats the ideal thing.. i thought we had good relationship with them?

customor's discount not an option?
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:55 am

We've had good relations, but they are trying to hustle some extra from us.

How much do you guys value Garay?
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:57 am

Nothing more than 10m imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:14 am

Depends who the interested buyers are. If it's Mancity, I'd say 15- 20 million. If it's a money savvy club like Arsenal, 8 million.

Anyway, I haven't really talked about Coentrao, but I don't want him here. We need at least one person on the right flank who can cross. Unless Coentrao can deliver expert swinging crosses from the outside of his foot like Ozil all the time, this transfer doesn't go down well for me.
Kev
Kev
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:59 am

Kevacious wrote:Depends who the interested buyers are. If it's Mancity, I'd say 15- 20 million. If it's a money savvy club like Arsenal, 8 million.

Anyway, I haven't really talked about Coentrao, but I don't want him here. We need at least one person on the right flank who can cross. Unless Coentrao can deliver expert swinging crosses from the outside of his foot like Ozil all the time, this transfer doesn't go down well for me.

I think Garay has the abilities of a 10M -12M player, but his injury record hasn't helped his cause.

On the RB issue, what's your preference?
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:17 am

adnyana179 wrote:
Kevacious wrote:Depends who the interested buyers are. If it's Mancity, I'd say 15- 20 million. If it's a money savvy club like Arsenal, 8 million.

I think Garay has the abilities of a 10M -12M player, but his injury record hasn't helped his cause.

Firstly, the RB I want has to be right footed or both footed. Inverted fullbacks are just way too risky to deploy. It's so much harder for them to slide tackle and cross on their non-preferred wing. They are short term fixes.
Secondly, if we want for someone good defensively, I think we should stick to Arbeloa. This guy is consistent and ever- reliable. If we fix his slight temperamental issues, he'll be a great RB for us. I wouldn't mind getting Bacary Sagna though Smile.
Thirdly, if we want a good attacking RB, we should get Maicon (if he comes for under 15 million). I believe Mourinho can still rescue his career. After all, 29 isn't an ancient age for a defender.

Overall, a tough decision to make.
Kev
Kev
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:18 am

Kevacious wrote:
adnyana179 wrote:

Firstly, the RB I want has to be right footed or both footed. Inverted fullbacks are just way too risky to deploy. It's so much harder for them to slide tackle and cross on their non-preferred wing. They are short term fixes.
Secondly, if we want for someone good defensively, I think we should stick to Arbeloa. This guy is consistent and ever- reliable. If we fix his slight temperamental issues, he'll be a great RB for us. I wouldn't mind getting Bacary Sagna though Smile.
Thirdly, if we want a good attacking RB, we should get Maicon (if he comes for under 15 million). I believe Mourinho can still rescue his career. After all, 29 isn't an ancient age for a defender.

So whataya think?
Kev
Kev
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:25 am

Some interesting tidbits came out yesterday about the reason why mourinho stopped the interest from Maicon. Form what they say, Maicon used to party a lot before mourinho came to italy, he pulled it together under the new boss, got famous, but when mou left, he returned to his ways and on top of te injuries, we saw a direct impact on the pitch. He is assumed to be too much of a risk now, specially now that he grows older.

It's a shame Ramos looks much better as CB, he decided to go through his crisis at the wrong time. Lack of guidance and leadership in defense imo, if Ramos had grown up alongside Hierro like Pique is doing with Puyol, he wouldnt have wasted do much time. I hope he turns into a defense leader because we need one, but mourinho has to brand him into one, change his ways. He has to stop with the craziness of his life and grow up.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:42 am

Kevacious wrote:
adnyana179 wrote:

Arbeloa is one of my favourite players due to his reliability and consistency, but the attacking side to his game leaves a lot to be desired. If he possessed both elements, his value to the team would absolutely skyrocket.

As for Maicon, I just can't see him recovering the form he had of 2 + seasons ago. You mention an inverted RB as a short term fix, yet Maicon would also be a short term fix. Realistically, he won't be able to give us much more in the role we want him to play, considering both his age and dip in form. In terms of a time span, Coentrao is a more appropriate choice.

As myself and others have said today, the only concern is how he can adapt and perform in a role foreign to him. If he delivers and proves his worth, we'll reap the rewards.

If you ask me to choose between Maicon for 15M and Coentrao for 25M, I would choose Coentrao.

Last edited by adnyana179 on Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by daneq Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:46 am

Kevacious wrote:Firstly, the RB I want has to be right footed or both footed. Inverted fullbacks are just way too risky to deploy. It's so much harder for them to slide tackle and cross on their non-preferred wing. They are short term fixes.

Good post, almost echos my sentiments exactly. Except, I want Arbeloa to be our starter at RB game in game out. No need for Maicon even if he wants to come really cheap, I'd rather save the money and put Ramos at the RB if we need someone to press more. I'd rather have Carvalho as a rotation/role player than Maicon or Arbeloa.

I envision:
----------------Iker
Arbeloa----Pepe---Ramos----Marcelo
---------Sahin------Xabi
--Di Maria------Ozil---------Ronaldo
-------------Higuain
In most La Liga and CDR games

and:
---------------Iker
Ramos----Pepe---Carvalho----Marcelo
--------------Essien
--------Sahin-------Xabi
----Di Maria------------Ozil
-------------Ronaldo
For the CL and big games vs. Barca
*If no Essien pipe dream is realized (which I have been touting for months) use Lass there!

(Obviously, if Aguero comes, Di Maria gets benched imo)
daneq
daneq
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by daneq Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:50 am

adnyana179 wrote:If you ask me to choose between Maicon for 15M and Coentrao for 25, I would choose Coentrao.

Exactly why I want to spend 0 and use Arbeloa and Ramos if we need more attacking width.
daneq
daneq
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:08 pm

adnyana179 wrote:
Kevacious wrote:
adnyana179 wrote:

Arbeloa is one of my favourite players due to his reliability and consistency, but the attacking side to his game leaves a lot to be desired. If he possessed both elements, his value to the team would absolutely skyrocket.

As for Maicon, I just can't see him recovering the form he had of 2 + seasons ago. You mention an inverted RB as a short term fix, yet Maicon would also be a short term fix. Realistically, he won't be able to give us much more in the role we want him to play, considering both his age and dip in form. In terms of a time span, Coentrao is a more appropriate choice.

As myself and others have said today, the only concern is how he can adapt and perform in a role foreign to him. If he delivers and proves his worth, we'll reap the rewards.

If you ask me to choose between Maicon for 15M and Coentrao for 25M, I would choose Coentrao.
Sorry, poor communication on my behalf. When I said short term fix, I meant super super super short term fix, like a few weeks, instead of one or two seasons.

IMO, Maicon could give us 2 good seasons, maybe 3. For 15 million dollars, that's very reasonable. He is a short term fix, but there just aren't many good long term RBs on the market.

I'm not too keen on having Coentrao for the long term, regardless of the price, simply because he's not a natural RB.
Kev
Kev
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:32 pm

Kevacious wrote:
adnyana179 wrote:
Kevacious wrote:
adnyana179 wrote:

Sorry, poor communication on my behalf. When I said short term fix, I meant super super super short term fix, like a few weeks, instead of one or two seasons.

IMO, Maicon could give us 2 good seasons, maybe 3. For 15 million dollars, that's very reasonable. He is a short term fix, but there just aren't many good long term RBs on the market.

I'm not too keen on having Coentrao for the long term, regardless of the price, simply because he's not a natural RB.

At the moment, I have enough trust in Mourinho to feel he can get Coentrao to the level he wants him. If that eventuates, then I really won't be too fussed that he's not a natural RB. I'd look at it as providing versatility to our backline.

All we can do is weigh up the pros and cons of each:

- Maicon could give us 2 or so seasons. I never said he can't, I just doubt it. After that, I expect him to drop below the level we need.
- Coentrao may have some growing pains as a RB, but if he can make it work, he could provide many years for us. As I already said, he would prove quite versatile too.
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:08 pm

mtfootball wrote:Nothing more than 10m imo.

It seems Garay will not be sold unless an offer of at least 10M is received.

http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/garay-solo-vende-club-llega/20110615dasdaiftb_41/Tes
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:19 pm

adnyana179 wrote:
mtfootball wrote:Nothing more than 10m imo.

It seems Garay will not be sold unless an offer of at least 10M is received.

http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/garay-solo-vende-club-llega/20110615dasdaiftb_41/Tes

Fair enough too I think, he is young and still very talented/good player I believe if given regular playing time

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:34 pm

Indeed, he showed a lot at Racing and I still believe he can be valuable for us as a backup (if he is content with that). I much prefer him over Albiol.

Since Ramos looks certain to move to CB, I could understand if Garay wanted to leave.
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:03 pm

I certainly agree with Coentrao>Maicon. Should the plan be for him to be at RB, I have absolute trust in Mou.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:21 am

garay will leave. ramos will forever be mourinho's center back. and mou will force him to step up.

coentrao WILL BE OUR RIGHT BACK

coentrao-----------ramos-------------pepe-----marcelo
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by shaven Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:20 am

when was the last time coentrao played as a RB ? if ever he did was he better than arbeloa and ramos? bounce
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:23 am

He never did shaven
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shaven Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:38 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:He never did shaven

i wasnt expecting that answer bounce
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:43 am

As far as i know he never did, he played RW, LW, LM, LB. maybe a real benfica fan will tell us something different, but i did my homework, and he never did.

However he is very versatile, and adapts well to any position he takes on the pitch. I think he has had to play CM at some point with benfica, something like that.

but he always does well, specially because he has an insane amount of stamina, does a undecent amount of running, and you will hardly find a more disciplined and hard working kid. It's a good protection net.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:11 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:As far as i know he never did, he played RW, LW, LM, LB. maybe a real benfica fan will tell us something different, but i did my homework, and he never did.

However he is very versatile, and adapts well to any position he takes on the pitch. I think he has had to play CM at some point with benfica, something like that.

but he always does well, specially because he has an insane amount of stamina, does a undecent amount of running, and you will hardly find a more disciplined and hard working kid. It's a good protection net.

Is he Lahm- versatile? Very Happy
If so then I don't have any problems with his signing Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down