The Franchise
dmize
Raptorgunner
Chad
Le Samourai
22 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 29 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by dmize Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:00 pm

I really don't get why McHale loves Gasol. Like Dani said Gasol is obviously an upgrade, but by how much over Luis Scola?

dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 29 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by The Franchise Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:02 pm

Intresting Nick...the infatucation with Gasol is sickening. I dont know, maybe guys think he is Spanish Hakeem or something but its obsurd.

If they havent noticed, he barely goes into the post and makes moves anymore.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:07 pm

Seems like BS to me.

Third option behind Gasol? Give me a break....we'd have to trade Gasol to get him.

I don't think he's wrong tho....he'd be 2nd option for a while....but I think he's smart enough to know that it's not his offence that makes him elite.If he dosen't want to be 2nd option I have no problems with it, If said that.....he's well within his right.

Special training Mchale and Olajuwon would probably make Biyombo an elite post player lol.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:07 pm

dmize wrote:I really don't get why McHale loves Gasol. Like Dani said Gasol is obviously an upgrade, but by how much over Luis Scola?

Scola hasnt rebounded enough this season, grabbing two less defensive rebounds this season. I am sure being with Dalembert rather than Chuck Hayes is part of the reason. But still, 6 a game isnt enough.

Also, this is the first season he shooting below 50% (48) so maybe people are thinking he is starting to decline.

But im not a stat guy, I see a Scola who plays hard every night and always shows toughness. Cant say that about Gasol and his passive ass play.

Gasol is obviously more talented, bigger and a better rebounder...but his softness and passive play bring that down and the upgrade is certaintly not worth losing Martin, who I dont even like, but is worth alot more than that.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:09 pm

dmize wrote:I really don't get why McHale loves Gasol. Like Dani said Gasol is obviously an upgrade, but by how much over Luis Scola?

Watch youtube vid of Mchale.

Watch youtube vid of Gasol

Question answered.

@Dani.....Things would go south really quickly if he came to Houston and kept up that jump shot act. Laughing
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:12 pm

Im pretty sure Pau is done in the post. He is more of a jump shooter now

He will go in the post occasionally, but his lack of fire to do it seems lost.

I admit, with Bynum, he has to come out more, but I think that is the excuse he is looking for do what he really prefers to do. I dont see him taking people off the dribble to the basket much anymore either.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:06 pm

Le Samourai wrote:

Watch youtube vid of Mchale.

Watch youtube vid of Gasol

Please. McHale had better post moves in his sleep than Gasol does now, also was a much better defender, and tougher too. Wasn't afraid to foul hard. An all-around better player at his peak. Tim Duncan is/was more like McHale to me.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:07 pm

Le Samourai wrote:
Special training Mchale and Olajuwon would probably make Biyombo an elite post player lol.

True.

Speaking of Biyombo, I think he's done well in his limited action. I know his first start ever, he posted a double-double. And he's still blocking shots at a great rate.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:16 pm

Agree. McHale was much tougher, especially defensively, plus he attacked the basket more from the post. He was just generally more dominant down there. Gasol is a more willing and better passer though.

Also shot 60% for a season, Gasol hasnt done that I believe. Plus was defensive player of the year before I think?

I see the similarities though, they have a similar body, LONG arms and skinny.

Gasol I believe is taller though.

Post move to post move, Duncan is a good one, more similar. But I think Duncan was a better rim protector and overall strength.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:17 pm

Love and Howard tonight. Who you think gets more boards?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:20 pm

I wanna say Howard. Guys rebounding like a man possessed this year.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:29 pm

Yeah. The only thing im thinking though.

Pekovic is hauling down 9 a game I think, he is a very strong rebounder it seems. He and Howard will do battle and I expect him not to just get abused on the glass.

Whereas, Love is going against Ryan Anderson and Big "dont know how to box out" Baby.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:29 pm

Howard will probably get his.

But I like Minesoata for this one.......they can hack him all day long with their plethora of big men and match up well enough on the perimeter to trouble their 3 pt shooting.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:35 pm

Darko available yet?

Shocking as it is to say, he will come in handy. big body, 6 fouls and a excellent shot blocker.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:56 pm

From Steve Kyler of HOOPSWORLD: "League sources say the Lakers are reluctant to subtract from their roster, especially if it involved core pieces like Andrew Bynum or Pau Gasol. Sources say the Lakers' goal seems to be to try and pry lose a solid player either at point guard or at small forward using their ($8.9 million trade) exception (from the Lamar Odom deal)."

The Lakers looking for a PG has been well-documented at this point -- Gilbert Arenas, Ramon Sessions and Jonny Flynn have all been listed as potential targets -- but the small forward interest hasn't been as reported.

If the Lakers were able to bring in someone at SF, it may lend more likelihood to the team using its amnesty provision on Metta World Peace before next season.

And though the team is reluctant to trade Bynum or Gasol, if the Magic were to offer up Dwight Howard for either of them, it could see them giving such a deal a hard look.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:04 pm

Yea he's available.

Darko,Love,Tolliver,Pekovic,Miller,Randolph.

I really wouldn't be suprised if Howard shoots 40 free throws tonight.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:11 pm

Thats a slew of big men alright, Randolf wont see no minutes on him I suspect though.

I reckon the best way to control Howard is making him work on the defensive end, as in 1 v 1. If you let him run free safety because the guy he is marking is a scrub on offence he will destroy you.

Pekovic seems pretty good offensively, very efficeient and can put the ball in the basket.

I would like to see the Wolves run Love at center, albiet not for any major length of time because Howard of course will eat him alive. However, Love at center, Beasley (is he available) with Williams and Howard will be forced to move outside the paint more often on defence.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:14 pm

As for trade. The problem for LA is they want to give up Gasol, not Bynum, but Bynum and Howard would have problems playing with each on both ends of the court.

Then add Howards bizzare lack of wanting to sign long term with the Lakers..I really think they should forget about it.

Its been said, Howard is sensitive about doing exactly what Shaq has done. He has already been at Orlando and stolen his nickname, you want to move to the Lakers and play with Kobe too?

If I was him, I wouldnt give two hoots about that, but it might go to explain his lack of commitment to signing with the Lakers.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:22 pm

I'm hearing that Ricky Rubio is doing great in the NBA, I don't watch it though. What you guys think of him?

Wished he stayed at Barça and we signed Pekovic.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:29 pm

What is he afraid of? is it that bad? i mean, i know he will get compared to Shaq but he is no Shaq and he never will be.

Shaq was a ridiculous offensive talent, while Howard is a completely different kind of player.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:29 pm

For a rookie, he is doing excellently.

He has excellent court vision as most already expected, but it really translates in the more open space very well. Defensively he is doing well, getting steals and being a pest. Has some trouble with smaller quicker gaurds, but I am yet to see any rookie ever defend that well on the perimeter lol

His shooting is better than I expected, but he still of course needs to work on it quite a bit. Doesnt score much, but he doesnt really look for his shot alot so im not surprised, its not his game.

Overall, I feel he is doing very well, he one day will be the best assist man in the league and for me, he will be an allstar without much doubt.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:35 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:What is he afraid of? is it that bad? i mean, i know he will get compared to Shaq but he is no Shaq and he never will be.

Shaq was a ridiculous offensive talent, while Howard is a completely different kind of player.

Yeah, but the thing is, Shaq hates Dwight and often makes comments about him. Shaq seems annoyed that people are crowning Howard "superman" which was Shaq's nickname, despite him not doing anything to be worthy of the name. It sounds childish, but I understand Shaq. Its not the nickname, its the respect thing. Shaq earned that kind of respect to be called something like that, whereas all Howard did was wear a cape and win a dunk contest (he didnt deserve to win anyway).

Because of this, you could Shaq began to dislike him. In games, Shaq was at his most physical against Howard and made a point of showing him up to a degree.

Shaq also said something like "All the things Howard is doing now, the stores he is going to, the restaurants he is going to eat, I have already been there and done it".

Howard, apperently (this is speculation) feels that people are following the line of, Howard isnt his own man, he a cheap copy of Shaq. He (more speculation) doesnt like that and wants to be his own player.

I dont know, I cant guess what Howard is thinking and I cant buy into speculation like that so easily.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:37 am

Love and Pekovic doing great.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:46 pm

Great moment. Glad for him and he deserved it even if he didn't get to play in the playoffs. Just one more weapon Dallas would've had.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:02 pm

He really did deserve it, his play before the playoffs were fantastic. He was the Mavs 2nd best overall player for me, I thought his injury would kill their chances. Especially against Lebron.

Its sad we cant say things like "he was so important and they wouldnt of won it without him" like we do with Chandler, but his play really fantastic and he deserved that ring.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:13 pm

The Franchise wrote:He really did deserve it, his play before the playoffs were fantastic. He was the Mavs 2nd best overall player for me, I thought his injury would kill their chances. Especially against Lebron.

Its sad we cant say things like "he was so important and they wouldnt of won it without him" like we do with Chandler, but his play really fantastic and he deserved that ring.

No doubt. I know he started off the season really well for them, and was instrumental when they rattled off something like 10-12(?) in a row. Really classy move by the Mavs. Should be cool when Chandler goes back to American Airlines Arena for his ring as well.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next