Sergio Busquets Of Today vs. Xavi Hernandez Of Yesterday

+2
billy_gr
messixaviesta
6 posters

Go down

Sergio Busquets Of Today vs. Xavi Hernandez Of Yesterday Empty Sergio Busquets Of Today vs. Xavi Hernandez Of Yesterday

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:12 pm

On one side consider Sergio Busquets of the current Barcelona.

On the other side consider Xavi of 2003-06 i.e. the team of Rijkaard and Ronaldinho where Deco was the midfield star and he was a support player.

Now please tell me who do you think was/is more important to his team and who do you think had/has a greater stature in the football world.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Sergio Busquets Of Today vs. Xavi Hernandez Of Yesterday Empty Re: Sergio Busquets Of Today vs. Xavi Hernandez Of Yesterday

Post by billy_gr Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:14 pm

i don't think they were that comparable... Busquets plays where Edmilson or Van Bommel used to play. And he is way more important than any of them
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Sergio Busquets Of Today vs. Xavi Hernandez Of Yesterday Empty Re: Sergio Busquets Of Today vs. Xavi Hernandez Of Yesterday

Post by The Franchise Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:52 pm

Xavi, easily.

Busquets is great, but never has he had an impact on a game or played to the level Xavi did vs Milan in 04 for example.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:59 am

TBH I think they are sort of comparable in the way they are rated.
Xavi was hugely underrated pre Euro 2008.
Busquets is hugely underrated now.
Xavi was an elite player then.Busquets is one now.
As to who was better,Xavi easily.I agree with dani.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:51 am

Thanks for the wonderful replies guys.

billy, I understand the roles are not the same but this question is not about roles, rather about importance and stature.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:31 am

Well of course I'll say Xavi and I do think it is a fair judgement. In some ways they are hard to compare, in others its a very good comparison.

On the whole this team is better, which does help Busquets a lot. Its not that he isn't a great player, but passers thrive with other good passers and movers. Its the same reason Xavi looked great before and still showed the same brilliance, but now has more opportunities to show that brilliance and looks like an absolute god.

Its maybe unfair to say this because they play different roles, but if you put Busquets into older teams he'd be not nearly as good.

Its simple for me, Busquets is a great player who understands his role wonderfully and plays it to perfection. This makes him the best in his position right now. However, Xavi Hernandez was, is and will always be simply a better player.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:36 pm

I agree with BarcaKizz.

One request messixaviesta - can you create less threads? Maybe you can create One thread called 'All other teams football' and there asking you questions about FIFPro XI, Messi etc. etc. Less threads, mmkay?
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:05 pm

matpol wrote:I agree with BarcaKizz.

One request messixaviesta - can you create less threads? Maybe you can create One thread called 'All other teams football' and there asking you questions about FIFPro XI, Messi etc. etc. Less threads, mmkay?

Dont agree man.
I think the Barca forum needs a lot more threads.
We are fans of the best team on the planet and yet the Barca forum is the most inactive.
Check in the Madrid forum or the Arsenal forum and its very active.
There are tons of threads and each thread has a million replies.
Whereas in here its a great day if even one thread gets made and we get about 5 replies.
We should all thank khaled for keeping the Barca forum going.
So if anything I think we need more threads and a lot more replies.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:40 pm

matpol wrote:

The problem with trying to put all these things in the same thread will be that some of them will be easily overlooked. The moment you put things in different threads people notice them that much more. That however does not mean that every new post should be a new thread. We need to see where we are essentially discussing the same topic and in those cases try to add to a thread rather than create a new one.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down