Sir Psycho
The Madrid One
Amar
izzy
Gil
49 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Modric - "I want to play for a bigger club" Empty Modric - "I want to play for a bigger club"

Post by Gil Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:47 pm

Luka Modric dropped a bombshell on Tottenham when he told Sportsmail he wants to leave White Hart Lane and sign for Chelsea.

The midfielder took the stunning decision to declare his reasons for wanting to join Chelsea, who are preparing a second offer for the Croat in the next 48 hours.

It is an action that will enrage his employers and Spurs supporters, but Modric says he wants to move to a club with ambitions of winning the Barclays Premier League title and is going public to force the issue.

Last night the 25-year-old spoke to Sportsmail from his holiday boat and said: ‘I want to leave Tottenham as friends. I have enjoyed my time there, but now it is right for me to look at another club.

'I have an arrangement with the chairman. When I signed my new contract, he said that, if another club came to sign me, they would consider the offer.’

A second Chelsea offer is due - and this time the price will rise from their opening £22million bid to closer to £30m.

And Modric said: ‘Chelsea are a big club with an ambitious owner. They have great players and they have ambitions to fight for the title and win the Champions League.

‘I want to stay in London. I am very happy here and so are my family. I like the city.’
Stuck in the middle: Modric doesn't want to anger Tottenham fans but is desperate to win trophies

The news will explain why Manchester City and Manchester United have been monitoring and talking, rather than formally bidding. They have clearly got wind of Modric’s desire to stay in London in the last 24 hours, which puts Chelsea in pole position.

‘I don’t want to have an argument with Tottenham,’ said Modric. ‘The supporters have been very good to me and I have enjoyed my time playing for the club, but it is for football that players leave clubs and move. It has happened to Tottenham before. It is normal for a player to dream about playing for a bigger club.’

Modric will speak to Spurs chairman Daniel Levy about arranging the transfer but insists the desire to leave is not about money.

‘If somebody comes to the club and the offer is good for me and acceptable to them, then I want to leave,’ he said. ‘It has to be good for my ambition. It has to be a club who are winning titles and playing in the Champions League.

‘This is not about money, it is about ambition. When I came to England, I was dreaming about winning titles. That is still the same.

‘Tottenham are a big club, with good players and a good manager, but I want to fight for the championship. Spurs will always have a place in my heart. My experiences in the Champions League have left me with the desire for more.’

When asked what happens next, Modric said: ‘I need to talk with the chairman. I won’t ask for a transfer, no. That would be disrespectful. I hope they can reach an agreement (with another club) that is satisfactory for everyone. I am on holiday, but I need to speak and to see if I can find a solution to this.’

Spurs fans will expect Levy to offer Modric a new contract and keep his word. The chairman has said that he will not allow the player to go, while manager Harry Redknapp described the original Chelsea offer as ‘ridiculous’.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2004862/Luka-Modric-exclusive-I-want-join-Chelsea.html#ixzz1PZkqCN2A

Disappointed by this piece news as it probably means the end of Neymar to Chelsea. Sad
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Modric - "I want to play for a bigger club" Empty Re: Modric - "I want to play for a bigger club"

Post by izzy Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:53 pm

It is from the daly mail....

But if true, Can't say I disagree. Never liked Spurs or 'Arry 'Wheeler Dealer' Redknapp
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Modric - "I want to play for a bigger club" Empty Re: Modric - "I want to play for a bigger club"

Post by Amar Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:58 pm

I'd rather Chelsea get Neymar, cause Modric would be a perfect signing imo.

Alot of creativity, and a lot of PL experience.

Hopefully the likes of VdV, and Bale will also realize what a shit club Tottenham is and move on.

Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:00 am

cant blame him.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Psycho Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:03 am

Tottenham are looking like a one hit (year) wonder
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickeyz Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:05 am

Buh Bye Josh McEachran

Mickeyz
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by pdolson Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:06 am

good let him leave spurs. i hope van der vaart leaves too, he deserves to play for a bigger club and win trophies. spurs should stop trying to compete with the top clubs. they think theyre so good now with their little run in the cl. it was a one-off, like leeds united in the semis ten years ago. england already has five top clubs, they don't need spurs.

pdolson
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:12 am

Mickeyz wrote:Buh Bye Josh McEachran

How so?

Lampard Essien Ramires Modric(please no) McEachran Mikel

Isn't it normal for most clubs to have 6 CM's?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:16 am

modric?? 30m for a 26 year old? havent we learned from torres?

we need pastore

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:18 am

I wanted a #10 type MF, i guess the damn 4-3-3 flat lives on. Mad

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:21 am

Agreed. Not a fan of the 4-3-3 either.

Prefer 4-2-3-1
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:31 am

Someone is getting benched. Who will it be Lampard, Essien, or Ramires?

Most likely- Ramires
Least likely- Lampard
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:41 am

Guus won't drop Lampard.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:18 am

I don't know what's a bigger slap in the face for Spurs fans. The fact he wants to leave or the fact he considers Chelsea a bigger club than Spurs.

Gutted he wants to move to Chelsea, and the fact he doesn't want to leave London gives us no hope. He was my dream signing for United this summer.

Ah well, I hope Sniejder will come to us now.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:22 am

If Spuds reject the next bid from Utd or Chelsea, he'll throw his dummy out the pram!
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:27 am

pdolson wrote:good let him leave spurs. i hope van der vaart leaves too, he deserves to play for a bigger club and win trophies. spurs should stop trying to compete with the top clubs. they think theyre so good now with their little run in the cl. it was a one-off, like leeds united in the semis ten years ago. england already has five top clubs, they don't need spurs.
Modric - "I want to play for a bigger club" 207_not_sure_if_serious
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:31 am

pdolson wrote:good let him leave spurs. i hope van der vaart leaves too, he deserves to play for a bigger club and win trophies. spurs should stop trying to compete with the top clubs. they think theyre so good now with their little run in the cl. it was a one-off, like leeds united in the semis ten years ago. england already has five top clubs, they don't need spurs.

haha well said

spurs fans must feel so humiliated right now

there goes their last chance of cl

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:37 am

Woo. i'm like the only Cheksea fan who likes this.

IMO, I'd love to see, Ramires-Mikel-Modric Midfield.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:49 am

Levy is a stubborn stubborn man. He'll try to milk Chelsea as much as he can, since Lucas has like 5 years left in his contract.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:50 am

spurs forum going crazy lol

http://www.tottenhamhotspurs.tv/transfer-news/21669-luka-modric-transfer-news-thread-63.html
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:50 am

perfect fit for chelsea imo
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:57 am

So this season, Chelsea 11 should be looking like this:

Ivanovic---Luiz---Terry---Cole

Essien---Ramires---Modric

Neymar---Torres---Malouda
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:58 am

Ganso wrote:spurs forum going crazy lol

http://www.tottenhamhotspurs.tv/transfer-news/21669-luka-modric-transfer-news-thread-63.html

:lol!:

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:59 am

SUPERCARTTS wrote: So this season, Chelsea 11 should be looking like this:

Ivanovic---Luiz---Terry---Cole

Essien---Ramires---Modric

Neymar---Torres---Malouda

Lampard and Sturridge ahead of Malouda and Essien....and Neymar isn't even coming.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:00 am

at least he's honest. much better than giving bs responses like some players
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next