Followers of Serie A: How do you rate Handanovic among other European GK's?

+20
Patrick Bateman
johniet
baresi
McLewis
aford92
zarola
7amood11
Andrew
mr.galliani
Forza
chaval
TrezeGent
Vibe
Interista809
dostoevsky
leemhuis
Mr Nick09
DeviAngel
Sushi Master
Swanhends
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Followers of Serie A: How do you rate Handanovic among other European GK's? Empty Followers of Serie A: How do you rate Handanovic among other European GK's?

Post by Swanhends Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:25 am

What was first just good form has now been going for more than 4 months...

He's clearly the best GK in Italy...Can anyone honestly challenge him as the best GK in Europe at the moment?

I've heard a lot about Ter Stegen but I've never actually seen him play hmm

Discuss :coffee:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Followers of Serie A: How do you rate Handanovic among other European GK's? Empty Re: Followers of Serie A: How do you rate Handanovic among other European GK's?

Post by Sushi Master Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:30 am

Ter Stegen has maintained form since season's start, inb4rwo.

Kicker even rated him ahead of Neuer.

Not sure who's better, but I think many here will agree that Handanovic is a beast and probably the best GK in Italy depending on Buffon form.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Followers of Serie A: How do you rate Handanovic among other European GK's? Empty Re: Followers of Serie A: How do you rate Handanovic among other European GK's?

Post by DeviAngel Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:35 am

After Buffon ( in form buffon) he is the best
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:38 am

i dont like that talk of in form or off form, if Buffon cant maintain his form, then he is not better than Handanovic.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:40 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:i dont like that talk of in form or off form, if Buffon cant maintain his form, then he is not better than Handanovic.
Well, injuries have hampered Buffon, it's not like his form has dipped because of shitty performances.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:44 am

Buffon:
1st place in the table
17 Games Started
45 Saves
9 Goals Conceded

Handanovic:
3rd place in the table
18 games started
62 saves
13 goals conceded

Also honest question: How many of you non-Serie A followers can name an Udinese defender without looking it up Laughing

inb4 Isla...been playing mostly in midfield :coffee:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:45 am

Julio Cesar is better.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:47 am

Benatia, Armero Very Happy

leemhuis wrote:Julio Cesar is better.
because?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:04 am

I actually think that Marchetti rivals Handanovic for the best goalkeeper in Serie A this season, though I haven't caught the Inter-Lazio game yet in which I heard he was hardly fantastic and he did have a period out with injury.

As far as Bhends' defence point, it's a tad unfair given how well Udinese still defend as a team. Individually, the Udinese backline, whether including Basta and Armero as wingbacks or not, is hardly better than one such as Roma with Stekelenberg, however they provide more stable cover.

I'm not quite sure where I'd place him in Europe, Top 5 and maybe Top 3?
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:08 am

Dostoevsky :bow:

Also Julio Cesar lol? You trolling?

He's not much more than a really rich mans dida...he makes horrible blunders way too often
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Interista809 Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:36 am

He's better than Manuel Nuer :arrow:

BTW yes JC makes his dumb mistakes but Dida really? He makes great saves in his sleep. I know some of his mistakes are bad but even in the worst game I've seen him play, against Bayern in the CL last year, he had incredible saves.
Interista809
Interista809
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:37 am

Julio Cesar is back to being goat,best keeper in the world right now :bow:
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by TrezeGent Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:38 am

Interista809 wrote:He's better than Manuel Nuer :arrow:

BTW yes JC makes his dumb mistakes but Dida really? He makes great saves in his sleep. I know some of his mistakes are bad but even in the worst game I've seen him play, against Bayern in the CL last year, he had incredible saves.

That definitely sounds like Dida.

Exactly the same characteristics.
TrezeGent
TrezeGent
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Interista809 Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:49 am

Yes but JC's errors are from time to time and not Dida level mistakes.
Interista809
Interista809
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by chaval Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:00 am

Julio Cesar, Stek & Storari are all fantastic keepers as well. Handanovic is somewhere in that list.

best in seria a
chaval
chaval
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:06 am

Others who haven't been mentioned:

De Sanctis is also a good keeper. Sirigu was good last season, but I haven't seen much of him for PSG. Viviano is also a quality keeper. I think he may be injured, hopefully Inter are not just wasting him on the bench to keep JC on.

To answer the question, Handanovic is a top flight keeper. He could easily replace Abbiati, JC or Buffon when he retires. Problem is that he recently signed a long-term deal. Would probably take some serious cash to get him out of Udinese.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by mr.galliani Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:35 am

bhends wrote:What was first just good form has now been going for more than 4 months...

4 months? Wow bhends you are a bit late... He has been the best in Serie A for the last 16 months at least. He is definitely among the best in Europe.

Stekelenberg, Marchetti, Handanovic, Buffon, Viviano, Julio Cesar, Gillet... Do Serie A have the best goalkeepers of any league in the world?
mr.galliani
mr.galliani
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:02 am

mr.galliani wrote:
bhends wrote:What was first just good form has now been going for more than 4 months...

4 months? Wow bhends you are a bit late... He has been the best in Serie A for the last 16 months at least. He is definitely among the best in Europe.

Stekelenberg, Marchetti, Handanovic, Buffon, Viviano, Julio Cesar, Gillet... Do Serie A have the best goalkeepers of any league in the world?

hmm Yes, yes it does.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:05 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Benatia, Armero Very Happy

leemhuis wrote:Julio Cesar is better.
because?

I want him for Milan.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:09 pm

Don't forget about Frey and Sorrentino. Both of them are class keepers.

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:57 pm

Actually I am amazed of the GK's of the small teams and little bigger clubs
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:56 pm

Class GK. Just as good as Buffon (I rate as the best so far this season), Cesar, and Stekelenburg.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:08 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:Others who haven't been mentioned:

De Sanctis is also a good keeper. Sirigu was good last season, but I haven't seen much of him for PSG. Viviano is also a quality keeper. I think he may be injured, hopefully Inter are not just wasting him on the bench to keep JC on.

To answer the question, Handanovic is a top flight keeper. He could easily replace Abbiati, JC or Buffon when he retires. Problem is that he recently signed a long-term deal. Would probably take some serious cash to get him out of Udinese.

viviano is at palermo now
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:32 pm

Fully fit Buffon > All.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:43 pm

Andrew_p wrote:Don't forget about Frey and Sorrentino. Both of them are class keepers.

I actually considered Frey to be amongst the top keepers in the world prior to his very serious injury, however ever since he's been struggling to get back to anywhere near such a level unfortunately.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next