Menez vs Bastos

5 posters

Go down

Menez vs Bastos Empty Menez vs Bastos

Post by C.Marchisio #8 Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:06 pm

I am interested what other people think about Menez or Bastos.Especially i will consider options by non Juve,Roma or Lyon fans
C.Marchisio #8
C.Marchisio #8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Menez vs Bastos Empty Re: Menez vs Bastos

Post by The Franchise Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:10 pm

I prefer Bastos right now, seems more consistent. But Menez is more talented for me, if he puts it together then I think he goes past Bastos for sure.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:21 pm

Not the same type of player so a head-to-head comparison is difficult. For Juve, Bastos is the better fit.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by nj Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:25 pm

different players but:
Menez is younger (and can still improve), has more raw talent and creativity, and has a certain ability to go past defenders.
but is waaaaaaayyyyy too inconsistent and his finishing is quite poor, plus has a big ego and a volatile character, .

Bastos will be 28 in a few weeks (so hes the finished product and his level can only decrease from here).he has a very powerful and accurate shot , a good crossing technique, and is more adequat if your team is looking more for genuine wingers (can play on both wings, but also as LB).

but right now i would choose Menez,
because he still young (only 24) and has the time to work on those flaws in his game, but the talent is definitly there.
and also because it seem he would cost la little less than the older Bastos
nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:26 pm

Bastos isnt that good... he is a decent player but that's it.

Last edited by St_Nick09_of_Goal on Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:35 pm

nj wrote:different players but:
Menez is younger (and can still improve), has more raw talent and creativity, and has a certain ability to go past defenders.
but is waaaaaaayyyyy too inconsistent and his finishing is quite poor, plus has a big ego and a volatile character, .

Bastos will be 28 in a few weeks (so hes the finished product and his level can only decrease from here).he has a very powerful and accurate shot , a good crossing technique, and is more adequat if your team is looking more for genuine wingers (can play on both wings, but also as LB).

but right now i would choose Menez,
because he still young (only 24) and has the time to work on those flaws in his game, but the talent is definitly there.
and also because it seem he would cost la little less than the older Bastos

That's exactly why I think Juve is better off with Bastos. He fits much better into Conte's prefered 4-2-4, whereas Menez absolutely needs to play in the middle. The latter definitely has loads of talent and skill, but I don't see him fitting in at Juve.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down