BiasedMilanFan3
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Ganso
EarlyPrototype
M99
49 posters

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

The Official Assassin's Creed Thread - Page 24 Empty Re: The Official Assassin's Creed Thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:30 am

That's why I'm waiting most likely.

But i might get it after my first Cyberpunk playthrough instead of 2nd or 3rd like i originally was planning on.

That's assuming it's good of course.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Assassin's Creed Thread - Page 24 Empty Re: The Official Assassin's Creed Thread

Post by Pedram Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:00 pm

Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:42 pm

The Official Assassin's Creed Thread - Page 24 20201110

The Official Assassin's Creed Thread - Page 24 20201111

This has been a consistent theme in reviews i watched, finally they seem to have realized people don't want to play a million grindy and bad missions.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:34 pm

Shows how out of touch they were if they thought people would like the last 2 AC games.

I will keep an eye on the reviews. If it's good i'll probably pick it up during a drought period like feb or march, when i'm out of SP games.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:08 pm

Picked it up on pre-order a couple of days ago. Not sure when I'll actually get to sit down and play it, but looking forward to it.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:56 pm

Multiple people saying there’s time gating once again.

Amusing.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:58 pm

Probably to sell their XP bonus.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:29 pm

Most these youtubers who got it early are literally just running through the story not doing much on the side so it'd makes sense why were hearing that but let's wait see once we play.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:06 am

Will pick up Gold edition when its on sale. DLC looks good. Dublin and Paris.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHpPfpjFjj4
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:25 pm

Could use some GL reviews here, was burned on AC Odyssey, i actually never finished that game because of the ridiculous level-gating.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:24 am

Pedram wrote:Could use some GL reviews here, was burned on AC Odyssey, i actually never finished that game because of the ridiculous level-gating.

It's nowhere near as grindy based on what I've played.

Basically how it works is you have main quests and then 3 separate activities on the map you explore ( set to coloured dots, Blue for Side quests, Yellow for Gold and other treasure) and white for Artifacts (i don't really know what this does atm)

Side quests (which work more like Red Dead's stranger missions) one aspect to this i like is you speak to the NPC and they give you a general idea and you have to figure it out. There's no way point or anything like that.

I didn't realise at first and left a quest alone for like 2 hours lmao.

I should mention the abilities you could get on Odyssey you now get in books you find in the world and not in skill trees.

Speaking of the skill tree, i can see this being overwhelming and confusing for some people. It seems to go on for ever lol and it's not clear at first what path you're taking.

Once it opens up it's cool though, you can respec whenever you want so experimentation with this is greatly advised.

I've only played 8 hours or so, which means there might be negatives that i haven't noticed yet. But i like it a lot more than Odyssey.

I think this covers the basics, if anyone wants to know anything else let me know.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:05 am

Is there time gating in Valhalla as in you're forced to do side quest to be high enough lvl, to do main chapters?
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:15 pm

LeVersacci wrote:Is there time gating in Valhalla as in you're forced to do side quest to be high enough lvl, to do main chapters?

Considering how it works i doubt it
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:59 pm

Not as far into it as Mole, but I echo his sentiments. I honestly like where I think the skill tree functionality is going. It allows for a radically different built on the player from Odyssey where I just mindlessly filled every slot I could. This seems closer to actual RPG character building a la Elder Scrolls and such.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:41 pm

I'm just about too leave the first area and I've cleared the first zone except 1 wealth and mystery which I believe maybe available later.

Leveling isn't an issue it's basically based off power everytime you fill up xp bar you get 2 skills which = 2 power I'm almost at 30 and I believe 280 is max and I'm still in the start lol

Mole and McLewis if you guys haven't in the first area there is a mystery with one of Ragnar men probably the best fight in the first area could be challenging depending on what you have now.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:46 pm

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-07-07/assassin-s-creed-infinity-to-offer-live-online-game-service

https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/article/GZi5hT4dBeM8YITOsJeCn/an-update-on-assassins-creed-infinity-and-the-future-of-the-assassins-creed-franchise
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:29 pm

Tough times for an old school gamer. I'm seeing two trends:

Firstly mobile games are generating tremendous revenue for publishers. We've seen very small teams working on (often low quality) F2P projects which result in higher income compared to AAA games. Their income to effort ratio is exponentially higher than big publishers, so much so that it is becoming increasingly a bigger challenge to spend years developing a AAA game, from longer development time to managing big teams to costs incurred during the development. And the publishers are taking notice.

Then there is also the fact that publishers aren't satisfied with game sales like they used to and are trying to generate a more flowing income after the sale of the game, with live service games, DLCs and microtransactions. The main focus, unfortunately now is to generate more revenue than release a good product. From games which cost €100+ for an "ultimate edition", plus DLCs, "cheats" etc.

For an older gamer like me, fighting these trends is a losing battle. Unfortunately this industry is funded by kids who spend money carelessly and are very much influenced by what they see, whether it is the ad on the TV, or the YouTubers they follow, etc. Look at what has happened to FIFA in recent times. The game is practically unplayable now, and is built around FUT and how to manipulate kids into spending more money on the cards.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:39 pm

danyjr wrote:Tough times for an old school gamer. I'm seeing two trends:

Firstly mobile games are generating tremendous revenue for publishers. We've seen very small teams working on (often low quality) F2P projects which result in higher income compared to AAA games. Their income to effort ratio is exponentially higher than big publishers, so much so that it is becoming increasingly a bigger challenge to spend years developing a AAA game, from longer development time to managing big teams to costs incurred during the development. And the publishers are taking notice.

Then there is also the fact that publishers aren't satisfied with game sales like they used to and are trying to generate a more flowing income after the sale of the game, with live service games, DLCs and microtransactions. The main focus, unfortunately now is to generate more revenue than release a good product. From games which cost €100+ for an "ultimate edition", plus DLCs, "cheats" etc.

For an older gamer like me, fighting these trends is a losing battle. Unfortunately this industry is funded by kids who spend money carelessly and are very much influenced by what they see, whether it is the ad on the TV, or the YouTubers they follow, etc. Look at what has happened to FIFA in recent times. The game is practically unplayable now, and is built around FUT and how to manipulate kids into spending more money on the cards.

Agree with this 100%.

One of the saving graces though is that Sony is outspoken about focusing on supporting AAA/blockbuster titles for the PS4/5. So we still get stuff like Horizon, GOW, Ghost of Tsushima, Spiderman, FF7/XVI, Souls, etc. being produced.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:54 pm

The console manufacturers are the only hope at the moment indeed, because they need a reason to sell their console.

That, or the current generation of kids will one day get bored or saturated from these shitty games (doubt it).
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:04 pm

Next AC is reportedly set in Baghdad and you'll play as Basim in the game.

Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:05 pm

Yep, apparently no RPG elements, AC going back to its roots.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:46 pm

I just want a game of the scale of Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla set in Ancient Rome. Keep the RPG elements and all the other stuff. Just give me Rome in all of its splendor, grandeur and ill-fated flaws.

But nah, Ubisoft keep playing with my emotions.

Mirage sounds as bland as Unity and Syndicate to me.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:51 pm

We already had Rome in the Ezio expansion in brotherhood, which was one of the finest ACs in the series.

I can't see how Mirage sounds bland given AC has been trying to be every game at once for a while.

The scale of them is too big if anything as typically for Ubisoft games the scale is huge but a lot of areas with little to do and the much maligned fillers. Valhalla was not very well received overall.

Scaling down to focusing on the fundamentals which hasn't happened since AC2, in this technology can be very very good.

The location is bland though I admit.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:38 pm

McLewis wrote:I just want a game of the scale of Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla set in Ancient Rome. Keep the RPG elements and all the other stuff. Just give me Rome in all of its splendor, grandeur and ill-fated flaws.

But nah, Ubisoft keep playing with my emotions.

Mirage sounds as bland as Unity and Syndicate to me.
I feel the exact opposite. AC got tedious after the last 3 open-world games in succession. The worlds were huge, but bland.

I'm not so much against the RPG elements as I am against the lack of stealth, assassin gameplay in the recent games.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:00 pm

I've long bounced off of AC. They became too bloated and unfocused.

Only finished 1, 2, and brotherhood. Wanted to play 3 and black flag. Lost all interest in the following ones.

If they make a focused one with fresh mechanics and good story I'd jump back in.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:08 pm

danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next