Does it require more talent to be an attacking player than a defensive one?

+21
The_ItalianFool
Pedram
KMD
The Franchise
aford92
DuringTheWar
LeSwagg James
Error
Art Morte
billionmillion
VanDeezNuts
CBarca
Seth
VivaStPauli
FennecFox7
Mr Nick09
Lord Awesome
rwo power
stunt
Swanhends
BarrileteCosmico
25 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Does it require more talent to be an attacking player than a defensive one? - Page 3 Empty Re: Does it require more talent to be an attacking player than a defensive one?

Post by KMD Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:34 pm

Thats 1 for every 10,000 occurences.

KMD
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Does it require more talent to be an attacking player than a defensive one? - Page 3 Empty Re: Does it require more talent to be an attacking player than a defensive one?

Post by billionmillion Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:38 pm

I think Attackers XI would destroy Defenders XI. they would not give the ball to defenders and defenders has no enough skills to do a counter attack or create any chance :shisha:
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:47 pm

billionmillion wrote:i think nobody wants to play in defence, they play there because they didnt have enough skills to play in attack, so they decided to improve their defence skills

Completely disagree. Of course kids dream of scoring goals, because that what is celebrated... that doesn't mean that it requires more talent. Kids dream of becoming cowboys or firemen... does that make these jobs more skillful then a bioengineer or a doctor?

Talent: natural aptitude or skill

The simple answer is that each requires a different skills and abilities, so you cannot really say which is the more talented area. Both require specific characteristics.

Even if you ask the question "which requires more skill?" The answer is neither. They require different skills.

I guarantee you the best attackers would fail at being a centerback... Positioning, reading of the game, tackling, communication are all way more important for defenders. Defenders need to be smart as well, as one small error can ruin the game.

The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:53 pm

billionmillion wrote:I think Attackers XI would destroy Defenders XI. they would not give the ball to defenders and defenders has no enough skills to do a counter attack or create any chance :shisha:

You can say the same about defenders, if a team is consist of 11 defenders how attackers would be able to break into the opponents half ?

Also don't forget, tall defenders have great heading abilities, so there's always a chance to score goals from corners and long balls into the box.

Last edited by El Pipita on Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:54 pm

billionmillion wrote:I think Attackers XI would destroy Defenders XI. they would not give the ball to defenders and defenders has no enough skills to do a counter attack or create any chance :shisha:

Full backs can't counter attack???

Im sure defenders like Chiellini and Puyol will be able to knock in a few headers.... They do it against real defenses, what makes you think they cant do it against make shift Attackers XI?
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:58 pm

defenders are better at goalkeeping :coffee:
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:00 pm

The Franchise wrote:
BhritanniaBhlue wrote:Villa was a bad example because of the height difference, but even so my point stands

Im sure Ibra would do better in the air than Villa, but I think he would absolutely shredded if he went up against a player like Robinho (ironically) for instance...

And not because of his dribbling, necessarily...nothings worse than playing CB and trying to defend a forward who makes runs both laterally and into deep positions

Sure, but just the same, the defender going up front will be terrible.

The difference to me is, the team with the striker at the back, they can just drop deep, play defensively, put 3 holding players in front of the back 4 and as a team stand a chance of not getting destroyed. There doesnt have to be a situation where the striker goes 1 v 1 with the attacker at the back.

However, there is nothing you can do about the useless defender up front.

If you completely modify your teams style of playing you can compensate for just about anybody IMO...

I'd much rather play with a crap attacker than a crap defender if given the choice

Give me Zarate/Pandev up top over Cordoba/Chivu in the back any day
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:05 pm

I dont think you can compensate up front if the player is useless.

Zarate is much better and more talented than either of those two are this point, Zarate's problem is not talent.

I get what you mean though.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:18 pm

why some people on this thread were talking about which is harder? that misses the whole point, being extremely talented doesnt mean trying hard to do something difficult, it means finding something difficult relatively easy. Being talented is no commendable great achievement, its just natural gift that nothing was done by the person to earn, where they find a task such as dribbling past people and scoring ect a lot easier to do than the less talented people. Dribbling past people is probably as easy to messi as it is for you to run around in circles
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:24 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:why some people on this thread were talking about which is harder? that misses the whole point, being extremely talented doesnt mean trying hard to do something difficult, it means finding something difficult relatively easy. Being talented is no commendable great achievement, its just natural gift that nothing was done by the person to earn, where they find a task such as dribbling past people and scoring ect a lot easier to do than the less talented people. Dribbling past people is probably as easy to messi as it is for you to run around in circles

Reading the game and tackling comes a lot easier to defenders than less talented people... What's your point?
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:27 pm

Crimson wrote:It requires more skill to be a defender, more talent to be an attacker Wink
IMO, exact opposite. Skill imo, is like dribbling and stuff. Talent i would kinda say is the same. I would say it takes more intellegence to be a defender....
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:29 pm

That it is not decided by which area you think is harder....
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:41 pm

billionmillion wrote:i think nobody wants to play in defence, they play there because they didnt have enough skills to play in attack, so they decided to improve their defence skills

That is not necessarily true.

In both Saudi and Iraq, and several other countries I went to. The most talented players always chose to play in defensive roles, because from there they can help improve their team. A good defensive player would be able to both destroy and create attacks, and the best kids in childhood are those who could do that. I bet all the great attackers of today had enough understanding of football as kids that they did not need to be in front to score goals.

Regardless of which, it is Ironic that while Argentina's hero is Maradona, it was their no nonsense defense which enabled them to win those world cups.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:16 am

LOL.. I agree with you again.. What's going on Suspect
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:28 am

interceptions, positioning, visualising where the ball will come and how the striker will control it and how to disposess me without using foul play or when to foul him tactically all requires talent too.. bodily kinesthetic intelligence refers to moving body parts to achieve a particular goAL.. people high in this intelligence can be both defenders or attackers.. just because attacking looks more flashy and attractive to the eye doesnt mean it requires more talent
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3