:{Mr.Mustachio!
DV7
messixaviesta
Albiceleste
Khaled
62 posters

Page 11 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

"El Niño Maravilla":  Alexis Sanchez  - Page 11 Empty Re: "El Niño Maravilla": Alexis Sanchez

Post by shinigami99 Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:21 pm

He's done more than Pedro recently, I'm not going to lie. Though, that game where he missed sitters and fell all over the place was pretty bad lol.

shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

"El Niño Maravilla":  Alexis Sanchez  - Page 11 Empty Re: "El Niño Maravilla": Alexis Sanchez

Post by Donuts Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:28 pm

both of them sucked, wish we had a healthy cuenca or gave gerard more game time.
neither Pedro or Sanchez deserve to start currently.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:22 pm

His season is not even an average one, however I can’t help but admit that the lack of minutes doesn’t help either. I mean Pedro is invisible also and yet he’s a solid first 11 player.
One can only wonder how Alexis would have faired if he had Pedro’s time
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:30 pm

Pedro is only invisible if you only care about goals.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:42 pm

I’m not changing your mind, so let’s leave it that way…
For me anyway, since both of them are dry on goals right now, Alexis has provided more in his limited presence in the field
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:57 pm

billy_gr wrote:I’m not changing your mind, so let’s leave it that way…
For me anyway, since both of them are dry on goals right now, Alexis has provided more in his limited presence in the field

Has provided more laughs, that's for sure.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:19 am

To be fair you have provided more laughs by ignorantly supporting Pedro.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:38 am

free_cat wrote:
billy_gr wrote:I’m not changing your mind, so let’s leave it that way…

Has provided more laughs, that's for sure.

true...Pedro isn't funny at all...Just sad right now
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:44 am

danyjr wrote:To be fair you have provided more laughs by ignorantly supporting Pedro.
Laughing free your bias is shameful. Sanchez has been way better then pedro. All I saw pedro do against milan is fall down when he lost the ball..
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:51 am

they both did bad against Milan idk why that's even a debate.
Sanchez's assist was pure luck and horrible job by that last defender who decided to stop it with his knee and missed.
Sanchez gives away possession way to easily something Pedro doesn't do.
Like i said neither deserve to start so having this discussion about who is better is a little silly.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:00 pm

sanchez was better in the short cameo he played vs milan.
His assist was not pure luck. did he just clear it from his box and hope it reaches someone?

his touch was off a couple times, but he was not bad by any means
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:19 pm

remind me what else did he do in his short cameo other then ruin the first counter attack by directly handing Milan the ball with a horrible pass that'd make David Villa happy with his passing in the penalty area?
The assist was lucky look at the replay lol completely Milan's last defenders fault the ball wasn't out of his reach
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ToEy Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:34 pm

The assist was indeed lucky, had the defender intercepted it (was mere inches from doing so), sanches would have ruined a 4v2 counter attack. Still preferred him over pedro though, pedro has been absolutely woeful thus far, what made him so good in the 1st place was his off the ball runs behind the defences and his clinical finishing, now we have nether of those.

Sanchez is obviously playing in a shell, he needs to be more confident and play his own game

ToEy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:39 pm

Sanchez came on, worked had vs Milan and had an assist.

What else do you guys want him to do? Honestly?

I mean I personally still am not convinced and never have been, but just appreciate when he plays well when he does. Don't hate him senselessly.

At least all my Cesc hate is justified Laughing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:48 pm

but that's the thing I don't see what you guys are talking about working hard vs Milan? he hardly touched the ball and when he did he gave the ball away very stupidly, the one successful pass was the assist, which was a fluke.
Neither are great but the worst thing you could do if you play for Barcelona is give away possession so stupidly like Sanchez usually does, atleast Pedro doesn't fail at that and contributes well.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:57 pm

ToEy wrote:The assist was indeed lucky, had the defender intercepted it (was mere inches from doing so), sanches would have ruined a 4v2 counter attack. Still preferred him over pedro though, pedro has been absolutely woeful thus far, what made him so good in the 1st place was his off the ball runs behind the defences and his clinical finishing, now we have nether of those.

Sanchez is obviously playing in a shell, he needs to be more confident and play his own game
probably one of the stupid comments i heard. So because of the rebound from a barca player in the 1st goal of Milan, no credits to boateng!!! and villa lucky because the defender missed it while intercepting the pass to him. in that case you may also find messi lucky in 1st goal and alba lucky because whole milan was in our box desperate for a goal!!!! funny is not it.....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:01 pm

sometimes i wonder why we fight about our own players. we all are little bias to some one. thats human nature. but why it is so difficult to give due praise, in the end of the day they are players. and its no harm to accept the criticism of favorable player on due cases.
My personal opinion is Alexis was as usual. He tried but he lost some important areas. no denying its like broad day light. however his assist was perfect and more importantly it gave the nerve comfort at last.....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:06 pm

Alexis always works hard.

I've never seen Alexis not work hard...and touching the ball has little to do with hard work (see: Messi).
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:16 pm

neuro11 wrote:
ToEy wrote:The assist was indeed lucky, had the defender intercepted it (was mere inches from doing so), sanches would have ruined a 4v2 counter attack. Still preferred him over pedro though, pedro has been absolutely woeful thus far, what made him so good in the 1st place was his off the ball runs behind the defences and his clinical finishing, now we have nether of those.

probably one of the stupid comments i heard. So because of the rebound from a barca player in the 1st goal of Milan, no credits to boateng!!! and villa lucky because the defender missed it while intercepting the pass to him. in that case you may also find messi lucky in 1st goal and alba lucky because whole milan was in our box desperate for a goal!!!! funny is not it.....

don't insult another person for his opinion we all support the same team here this isn't general section.
as for the assist, it was way to close for comfort to be called perfect, he clearly got lucky the defender pulled a Mascherano, the difference between Sanchez's pass to say a near perfect assist from Xavi (to Villas goal) was Xavi made it nearly impossible for anyone but Villa to touch it, whereas Sanchez put it in knee length and luckly the defender missed badly.

CBarca wrote:Alexis always works hard.

I've never seen Alexis not work hard...and touching the ball has little to do with hard work (see: Messi).
Working hard =/= Being effective
Touching the ball has much to do with hard work considering Alexis and Pedro's role is mainly score or assist something both are doing very bad in.
I also do not get your Messi reference, he touches the ball the most in the team and is a reason people argue he is the one carrying the team.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:20 pm

Most hard work is done without the ball. Because most of the time players don't have the ball.

This is something Alexis is exceptional at and the one thing that he's always had going for him. Pedro has a lot of hard work as well.

I just don't know what it takes for Alexis to get some credit, is all. He did more in his small cameo than Pedro did for the entire time he was out there.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:41 pm

Really now? You can work hard by pressuring the ball, making runs..

Its how you play without the ball, not with it.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:47 pm

But the thing is we are giving sympathy credit, currently our team needs a good RW which we do not posses. unlike Free and other people here I'm not trying to favor a winger but simply saying neither are good and neither deserve praising for the bad season they have had.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:50 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:Really now? You can work hard by pressuring the ball, making runs..

Its how you play without the ball, not with it.
I never said off the ball isn't hard work, I said having the ball has much to do with it as-well..
Quiet frankly Barcelona need a scoring winger, the only one we have is Villa who hardly plays because of the Cesc/Iniesta problem
Pedro and Sanchez both do well off the ball as in tracking back etc. so we should eliminate that comparison because they both possess it, now neither of them offers danger in terms of scoring which we need.
The reason I personally prefer Pedro over sanchez is because Pedro doesn't give away possession so easily like Alexis does which is one of the worst things you could do as a Barcelona player.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ToEy Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:39 pm

neuro11 wrote:

Oh you want to make this personal now dont you? What is with these insult, you do realise that had the defender intercepted the ball, a 4v2 attacking chance will be gone yes?

When xavi made the pass to Villa, even if the defender intercepted the ball, it would be deemed as normal as it was not a 4v2 situation with a overwhemling high chance of testing their goal.

If Messi did not score the 1st goal, it would be deemed as normal as it is not a 4v2 situation, hence not a high change of testing their goal.

If the defender intercepted the pass from Sanchez in a 4v2 situation, it seemed like you would have deemed it normal since it is not a high chance of testing their goal. Fortunately for me I do not think that way, for that I am sure I am not stupid, thank you very much.

ToEy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ToEy Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:47 pm

Donuts wrote:
neuro11 wrote:

don't insult another person for his opinion we all support the same team here this isn't general section.
as for the assist, it was way to close for comfort to be called perfect, he clearly got lucky the defender pulled a Mascherano, the difference between Sanchez's pass to say a near perfect assist from Xavi (to Villas goal) was Xavi made it nearly impossible for anyone but Villa to touch it, whereas Sanchez put it in knee length and luckly the defender missed badly.

Exactly! Hopefully people can see how close the defender was to intercepting the ball, which when put to in similar situation the ball should not be hard to deliver to alba, hence ruining a 4v2 situation. I also have no idea why our own fellow supporter has to start behaving like Real Refrid supporters in throwing personal insults.

For the record, I do like Sanchez, I prefer him over Pedro and I do hope that he starts playing out of his shell. But there is no denying that he is a bag of nerves almost everytime he plays, too scared to fully ultilize his potential

ToEy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:43 pm

Firstly, i felt it stupid and said it. because saying lucky means nothing but to discredit someone's achievement. for me at least that is no way the right word. luck is always with everyone's play from best to worst. but if that mean it to insult/hurt anyone......i am sorry....
secondly,the defender was not walking, he was running while trying to put his knee high up in the air to intercept the cross. I doubt it is that easy to do so simultaneously, anyone who plays can shed some light probably......
thirdly, it is also interesting how Donuts feel that xavi's pass was impossible to intercept. i will not say much about that but i wish you watch it again, i doubt any top class defender would jump like that in the dbox. But anyway that will no discredit the quality of that pass and goal as the luck is only what you create yourself.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next