BarrileteCosmico
The Franchise
Mr Nick09
dmize
Amar
22 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 23 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by Le Samourai Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:10 pm

I like Van Gundy.

They should've just traded Howard to be honest.

Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 23 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by dmize Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:17 pm

Le Samourai wrote:I like Van Gundy.

They should've just traded Howard to be honest.

Hopefully SVG goes to a team without an idiot for a GM
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:08 pm

First thing I've read from Charley Rosen in a while.
Forget about LeBron, Kobe and/or Kevin Durant — Carmelo Anthony is the most versatile scorer in the game. If KD is a better long-distant dialer, Anthony’s 3-point shooting is more reliable than the other two elite scorers. The difference is ‘Melo’s dynamic post-up game. With Stoudemire out, Anthony is now filling the power forward slot, which makes his offense even more unstoppable (plus he’s a better rebounder than his predecessor). There’s certainly no way that either Hedo Turkoglu, Ryan Anderson (if he makes a miraculous recovery from a freshly sprained ankle), or Glen Davis can put up any meaningful defensive resistance without considerable help. The problem is the Knicks’ spacing forces defenders to come a long way to double Anthony. And should Anthony bring his A-game into the last period, the Magic will run out of tricks.

Do you think Melo could play at the 4 for us?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:13 pm

The Franchise wrote:Thats nice and all, but then what does the poitn guard do? All he can do is hit open jumpers...it makes him pointless.

Durant shoots alot? Yeah and he scores alot..are you really saying Lebron is doing so much better because he gets 3 more assists more a game? Dont buy it.

Eat have no good teams lol

Bulls and Heat..everyone else is meh.

West has OKC, Spurs, both L.A teams, Memphis and Dallas.

The West is much deeper and tougher, its not even a comparison.

Well LeBron is killing him in PER and other stats dmize listed, it's not just more assists.. Durant doesn't impact the game in more ways than LeBron.. He's not a potential DPOY candidate like LeBron is

Philly, Orlando, Indiana, Atlanta, are not bad.. If you're going to list Dallas, I can also list Boston then.. The West is stronger but not by as much as it used to be a few years ago
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:16 pm

dmize wrote:lol Dwight asked management to fire Stan Van Gundy. SVG showed up today and confirmed to reporters that it was true , and then Dwight(without knowing SVG just confirmed it) hugs SVG Laughing. Then when asked if he had management fire SVG, he denies it, asks reporters to give up their source, when SVG confirmed it about 5 minutes before. What a clown Dwight is.

LOL, is there a vid? And this confirms what I've always suspected, Dwight is a hugeeee douchebag.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:20 pm

Amar wrote:
dmize wrote:lol Dwight asked management to fire Stan Van Gundy. SVG showed up today and confirmed to reporters that it was true , and then Dwight(without knowing SVG just confirmed it) hugs SVG Laughing. Then when asked if he had management fire SVG, he denies it, asks reporters to give up their source, when SVG confirmed it about 5 minutes before. What a clown Dwight is.

LOL, is there a vid? And this confirms what I've always suspected, Dwight is a hugeeee douchebag.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7778991/orlando-magic-stan-van-gundy-dwight-howard-wants-fired
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:16 pm

How is it Lebron impacts the game more?

Durant scores more points, averages more rebounds (maybe equal), blocks more shots....Lebron gets 3 more assists.....

Basically what your saying is, he averages 3 more assists and therefore impacts the game more..why doesnt his impact result in more wins than KD?

Per? I spit on pers face lol

According to PER Milsap is better than Kobe..and thats not even the worse indication I could give.

Durant has more wins with a worse team in a harder conferance while not being inferior statistically..sorry, im not getting it.

Per plus Wade being injured is quite weak for me as an arguement.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:44 pm

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 23 2126108

LOOOL

Just come on home Lebron, come on home...2 headbands, you killin me man.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:46 pm

The Franchise wrote:the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 23 2126108

LOOOL

Just come on home Lebron, come on home...2 headbands, you killin me man.

:lol:looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Saw this about a month ago
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:47 pm

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:59 pm

Did you ever hear the story about Bill Russell when he was coaching the Kings when Kenny The Jet was a rookie?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:01 am

Nah what was it lol?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:11 am

Ill try and find it lol

Kenny will explain it better than I will.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:14 am

Whole thing is funny, but I was cracking up to Kennys story.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:17 am

The Franchise wrote:

According to PER Milsap is better than Kobe..and thats not even the worse indication I could give.

Durant has more wins with a worse team in a harder conferance while not being inferior statistically..sorry, im not getting it.

Lol. PER is not meant to be a "whos better" stat. It's an efficiency rating. Kobe's not exactly known as efficient and is having one of, if not his worst shooting season, while Millsap is shooting over 50% Also that's one stat and there's always exceptions. Any stat out of context can look bad. Do you also spit on win shares, true shooting, actual FG% as well?

With Wade in the equation you could argue that LeBron doesn't mean as much to his team but they're not getting past the 2nd round w/o him and his stats are too much to ignore.

edit, fwiw:
The Miami Heat score 7.55 more points per 100 possessions when LeBron is on the court as opposed to when he’s off it. Defensively, the Heat allow 4.64 fewer points per 100 possessions when he’s on the court. The Oklahoma City Thunder score 0.67 more points per 100 possessions when Durant is on the court as opposed to when he’s off it. Defensively, the Thunder allow 1.20 more points per 100 possessions when he’s on the court. These numbers speak for themselves.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:26 am

Okay, but then whats the point of it?

If Durant not effiecent? He shoots over 50% and for someone who shoots so many jumpers as he does, that outstanding. Lebron is more effiecent? Sure he is...but thats not the be all and end all.

And what about things like Brandon Wright having a better PER than Derron Williams....I could come up with more like these...its throws the entire importance of the stat into question.

Maybe its just me, im not a stats person at all and think its way too overblown..its an indication of the role players have and the style they have, more than their ability and what they are contributing out there.

Especially when Durant is putting up some marvelous numbers of his own.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:42 am

I'm not a fan of stats as an end-all, be-all type thing, but what else besides watching do we have? I think it's different than football where stats often don't tell the story or lie, basketballs a bit more accurate. Hell, reports said last season the Mavericks used data from some statistician about what lineup combos were the most effective. Many other teams have a budget dedicated to stats as well. Visually is obviously the best way to tell quality, but stats are good secondary tool to back that up.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:49 am

The Franchise wrote:How is it Lebron impacts the game more?

Durant scores more points, averages more rebounds (maybe equal), blocks more shots....Lebron gets 3 more assists.....

Basically what your saying is, he averages 3 more assists and therefore impacts the game more..why doesnt his impact result in more wins than KD?

LeBron impacts the game more on defense.. He can control the tempo of the game better than Durant.. He does a lot of shit better than Durant..

Their records are almost identical bro lol (40-14 to 39-14).. OKC is almost as good as Miami, the difference isn't much.. Durant, Westbrook and Harden can really ball.. They have better big men.. Cook and Sefolosha can knock down the 3..

Miami is just the big 3 and maybe Chalmers and Battier pretty much

Anyways I don't know what else to say, we will just have to wait till the end of the season to see who gets it Very Happy

Last edited by Swagg on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:50 am

The thing I have to say, In addition to the stats....Lebron is the one who has to make plays for Miami....he brings it up the court he calls the plays etc etc.

Durant doesn't do that.

You wanna argue Durant is a better player, I'm all for that, but I have doubts as to whther he's been more valuable to OKC than Lebron has to Miami this season.

That's just me honestly, I don't see Durant taking as much responsibility.

Anyway...we all know it's gonna come down to who has the better record anyway.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:52 am

Also.

BILL RUSSEL :bow:

Laughing
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:54 am

I agree with that, but I cant use stats to trump what I see. Especially stats like per.

Of course, I have not seen every game from both teams..far from it, but I have seen enough to form an opinion.

The moment Lebron joined Wade and Bosh, he had to be head and shoulders above everyone in numbers, performance and team wins to win it for me...and he isnt.

You cant have 2 of the top 5 in the league on the team, not have the most wins and still say, this guy is the most important player in the league to his team.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:55 am

The Franchise wrote:I agree with that, but I cant use stats to trump what I see. Especially stats like per.

Of course, I have not seen every game from both teams..far from it, but I have seen enough to form an opinion.

The moment Lebron joined Wade and Bosh, he had to be head and shoulders above everyone in numbers, performance and team wins to win it for me...and he isnt.

You cant have 2 of the top 5 in the league on the team, not have the most wins and still say, this guy is the most important player in the league to his team.

Westbrook has been better than Wade and Bosh this year though.

He'll probably be top 5 in MVP voting.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:58 am

Le Samourai wrote:The thing I have to say, In addition to the stats....Lebron is the one who has to make plays for Miami....he brings it up the court he calls the plays etc etc.

Durant doesn't do that.

You wanna argue Durant is a better player, I'm all for that, but I have doubts as to whther he's been more valuable to OKC than Lebron has to Miami this season.

That's just me honestly, I don't see Durant taking as much responsibility.

Anyway...we all know it's gonna come down to who has the better record anyway.

Oh come on man, this is such a myth...create...he averages 3 more assists per game with all that ball pounding....3...

He doesnt HAVE to create, he WANTS to create and in turn, makes it impossible to play with a poit guard.

Why should Durant be punished of for being smart, saving energy, playing away from the ball and leaving creation to guys who do it.

Lebron forced players to become stand and watch players, guys like Mike Miller, Williams (on the Cavs)...they can handle the ball and create, but with Lebron, thats obviously not goingt o happen.

I really fail to see how Lebron can be more important to a team which has Wade already on it.

Take Lebron off and the HEAT might be top 4 still...take Durant off and they might be out the playoffs lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:59 am

Le Samourai wrote:
The Franchise wrote:I agree with that, but I cant use stats to trump what I see. Especially stats like per.

Westbrook has been better than Wade and Bosh this year though.

He'll probably be top 5 in MVP voting.

Stop it...Westbrook scoring 2 more points a game dont make him better lol

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:06 am

You're punishing Lebron for the nature of his game mate.I'm not gonna hate on those aspects because Kobe did that for 15 years....Lebron had to do that for Cleveland and he has to do it here, because Miami don't have a half decent Point Guard.

You might argue Mo Williams....but he aint that good at creating anything for anyone anyway.

This year...if you take Lebron off the Heat they wouldn't be top four.They have no size--he has to fight centers and power forwads for rebounds----and their bench.....though having some nice names on it is not playing nearly as well as it should.Neither is Wade.

I dunno if you blame Lebron for that.

I honestly think Durant has surpassed him as a player but once Lebron has the better record I see no reason to give Durant the MVP......

I don't think Westbrook is better than either.....I'm just saying....the Thunder have relied on Westbrook's individual brilliance almost as much as Durant this season.I'm pretty sure he'll be top 5 in MVP voting.Something I highly doubt either Wade or Bosh will be.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:13 am

And BTW , we all know MVP is shit.

Dunno how many times they're gonna change the criteria.I don't care about it anymore....Kobe has 1 in his career....the award is a joke.....for about 4 years the Lakers would've been worse than 3/4 of the D league teams without him.

Karl Malone got it for No reason.

on and on and on.

Why even bother.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next