theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

villas-boas at chelsea Empty Re: villas-boas at chelsea

Post by the xcx Mon 20 Jun 2011, 19:15

Very good news, he has the mentality of Jose and surely bring us to titels next year.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon 20 Jun 2011, 19:15

The xcx wrote:Very good news, he has the mentality of Jose and surely bring us to titles next year.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Mon 20 Jun 2011, 20:01

I hope he fails cause i dont fancy a mourinho replicate.
Did any new players sign?
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Mon 20 Jun 2011, 20:29

Porto's Villas Boas combines styles of three mentors

I like AVB a lot more then mourinho, he is more attack minded and he is a lot more class then Mourinho. I will always appreciate what Mourinho did for us, but i also hated some of us antics, especially when he called out Sheva and Ballack after our CL exit.

Maybe we will finally play sexy football. villas-boas at chelsea Eyebrows
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Mon 20 Jun 2011, 21:06

RT @portugoaldotnet: Message from Porto left-back Álvaro Pereira on facebook: "We've lost our coach bet we remain strong. WE ARE PORTO!"-twitter
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Mon 20 Jun 2011, 21:13

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2011/6/20/2233407/andre-villas-boas-pro-con-chelsea-fc-manager

With Chelsea's impending acquisition of FC Porto manager Andre Villas Boas, there's been a scramble to formulate some sort of opinion on the enigmatic 33-year-old. For the most part, the facts people are aware of are something like this:

As old as Frank Lampard.
Did quite well with Porto.
Has a cool name.
Keeps getting compared to Jose Mourinho.
Never played in the Champions League.
Roman Abramovich is evil.

Ok, that last one isn't really an Andre Villas fact, per se, but it's a common staple of 'beliefs about Chelsea' so I'm throwing it in there. From said facts, it's quite easy to construct a number of arguments that imply that this appointment won't be a good idea. I'd like to take some time to explore said arguments. For those of you who are about to accuse me of building and attacking a series of strawmen, I'd like to ask you why on earth you think that smallpox should be released back into the ecosystem you crazy crazy clearly wrong people.

He's Too Young

Andre Villas Boas is 33 years old, barely older than many important members of Chelsea's core. I didn't really consider how young this made him until it dawned on me that our new manager was born within a decade of me, and I'm a hop, skip and a jump removed from university. So yes, Andre Villas Boas is very young. Too young? That's a different question. Certainly, he won't have the same sort of age difference between himself and his squad as he did with his very young Porto side, and that will make things more difficult.

However, that doesn't mean he's doomed to lose the clubhouse to the likes of John Terry and Didier Drogba. He may be judged on his youth initially, yes, but he's reportedly a very strong leader, and if the team is winning and winning well there'll be no trouble at all. It's important to note that the players around Villas Boas' age are probably the least important parts of the squad going into the future, so if there's any trouble it's likely that they'll be shipped out over the new manager, at which point Villas Boas' formidable talent of nurturing younger players will come to the fore.

And that's not even counting the influence of Guus Hiddink, who is expected to be on hand to guide the Portuguese through any pitfalls he may encounter - and Hiddink is certainly able to command the respect of the senior members of the first team. All in all, I'm inclined to say that this is a non-starter.

Jose Mourinho And Roman Abramovich Clashed, Ergo...?

No matter how much he tries to get away from it, it's unlikely that Andre Villas Boas will ever properly escape his mentor's shadow. Like Mourinho, he's a young, charismatic Portuguese coach with an eye for tactics and a massively scientific approach, and he's also following along Jose's career path by demolishing all who opposed him with Porto before moving to Chelsea. So, yeah, he's a lot like Mourinho, and Chelsea will be hoping he can replicate The Special One's success at Stamford Bridge. Which isn't a bad thing.

There's a leap of logic one can take at this point, but it's slightly tortuous. Mourinho, as we all know, is a spectacularly demanding man, and someone with an ego roughly the size of Eta Carinae. This didn't work well with Roman Abramovich, who refused to give the manager the control he wanted at Chelsea, and everything ended up in tears, with the Mourinho-Chelsea dynasty disintegrating less than four seasons in. All fairly common knowledge that. So let's make the jump!

Since Mourinho was too egotistical to work with Abramovich, and Villas Boas is quite a lot like Mourinho, Villas Boas and Roman Abramovich won't work well together. This is a leap of logic too far, I'm afraid, because it implies that both Abramovich and Villas Boas are stupid. Abramovich is investing a lot of money and it makes no sense to hire someone with a massively conflicting personality, while Villas Boas is undoubtedly aware of what happened to his teacher and former friend at Chelsea. One would imagine that this sort of thing was discussed in their personal talks.

So yeah, that's probably fine too.

No Champions League Experience

Chelsea want to win the Champions League. They want to win it quite badly, in fact. It's the only major competition the Blues haven't gotten their hands on, and their failure to grasp it when the trophy was there for the taking is a blot on the club's record (ish. There's no shame in not being able to win the European Cup!). There's a school of thought that the best way of winning the Champions League is by having a manager with experience in the league, and by that criteria Villas Boas isn't a fit.

I'm going to say something crazy and controversial here. In my opinion, the best way to win the Champions League is by putting together a good team and knowing how to use them against different opponents. A lack of experience in the Europa League didn't stop Villas Boas winning it with Porto this season, and Pep Guardiola did just fine in his first year with Barcelona*. So why focus on a relatively trivial piece of the puzzle when Villas Boas offers you the rest of it? Our most successful Champions League run came at the hands of a manager who had no managerial experience, if everyone will recall. In other words, I think it's cool. Plus, hey, Hiddink.

*Yes, I know. Semi-final. Still angry.

Doing Well With Porto Doesn't Mean He'll Do Well In England

Nobody is denying that the Primeira Liga is a step down from the Premier League. Villas Boas will face tougher opponents and far more media scrutiny, and maybe some of that shine will fade. That does not, however, equate to him being unable to compete in one of the top two leagues in the world.

There isn't much of a way to create an argument that says Villas Boas' record with Porto is meaningless without assuming an ignorance of Porto entirely (and I'm sorry for anyone who did miss out on Porto last year, as they've been great fun). Villas Boas faced inferior competition in Portugal, and he destroyed them. He faced some quite good teams in Europe, and destroyed them too. Villarreal were dispatched 5-1 in the first leg of the Europa League semifinals, and that's a tough thing to do for anyone. And I think most would agree that Porto's main rivals for the title in Benfica and Braga would have done fairly well in the Premier League too - after all, the former did supply almost 20% of Chelsea's first-choice starting eleven.

The only rational response to the league move is to assume that Villas Boas' talents will translate but be less effective than they were in the Primeira Liga. Anything else is just being silly about just how good the Premier League is. He'll be fine.

He'll Last Two Years And Then Get Fired, So Who Cares?

Ah, the cliche. It's a good joke, especially in light of what happened to Carlo Ancelotti, and with Chelsea's reputation for firings left and right you can hardly blame anyone for just going for broke on this angle of attack. Unfortunately, it's one of those attractive cliches that doesn't bear up to much scrutiny under any sort of logic.

Villas Boas represents the next generation of this Chelsea team, a changing of the guard more than just another man on the merry-go-round. The last few years of managers have essentially been an attempt to squeeze more trophies out of the team that Jose Mourinho built, and the idea has been very different. Win, and win now. Avram Grant was only ever temporary, Phil Scolari was an unmitigated disaster, and Carlo Ancelotti simply was not suited to turn the team over to the youth movement.

We're coming into the time where Chelsea must rebuild, and it's best if we have a manager who can remould the side in his image. If the board are following anything like the same thought processes that I am, they're buying into a project where Villas Boas gets to build his Chelsea side, and they're all aware that that takes time. That's not to say he's bulletproof, of course, but the idea that he'll be canned for failing to win the league seems to be a knee-jerk reaction rather than a well-thought out one. Simply put, I think he'll be given plenty of opportunities to establish himself, and I'd expect him to last a long time with the club.

I that wasn't too strawmanny, I think. Anyway, I expect that everyone recognises that Villas Boas brings a lot to the table, and those voicing concerns over various aspects of our expected new manager are perfectly correct in doing so. But at the end of the day, the plusses are huge, and the negatives (for me) are essentially trivial. Andre Villas Boas is the man - and I'm really looking forward to him partnering up with Hiddink.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon 20 Jun 2011, 21:14

iNFINITY9910 wrote:RT @portugoaldotnet: Message from Porto left-back Álvaro Pereira on facebook: "We've lost our coach bet we remain strong. WE ARE PORTO!"-twitter

wow really? deal done then

its like we already have lukaku, de bruyne, and villas in the bag now we just need to confirm them

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Mon 20 Jun 2011, 21:18

Hehe yeah Very Happy I can sleep peacefully Very Happy And expecting some big news tomorrow Very Happy
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon 20 Jun 2011, 21:49

Wow lets hope Guus is director of football now.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Tue 21 Jun 2011, 00:21

Ade wrote:Wow lets hope Guus is director of football now.

Now your being greedy. :king:
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue 21 Jun 2011, 05:13

Yay,

there was only two men I wanted. Guus or AVB.

Now for Lukaku, De Bruyne and Modric/Pastore.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue 21 Jun 2011, 05:43

kick mars wrote:Yay,

You included Pastore! Smile

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue 21 Jun 2011, 05:46

I don't hate the guy, I just prefer Modric.

I would be over the moon if we signed Pastore. I'd even consider buying his shirt.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Tue 21 Jun 2011, 10:49

You prefer men I see?? Wink :flower: lol

just kidding
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue 21 Jun 2011, 10:52

iNFINITY9910 wrote:

You prefer men I see?? Wink :flower: lol

just kidding

:lol!:

Nah, I've got a girlfriend mate.

You miss out on me this time. Afro
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:01

hahahaha noooooooooooo :lol!:
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue 21 Jun 2011, 13:27

rumours AVB has quit his job at Porto.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue 21 Jun 2011, 14:16

Yeah hes resigned the buy out claus of £13.5M was paid by himself apparently (lol)

IF Pastore did join I would buy a Pastore shirt too although I really want a Luiz one.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue 21 Jun 2011, 14:19

iNFINITY9910 wrote:RT @portugoaldotnet: Message from Porto left-back Álvaro Pereira on facebook: "We've lost our coach bet we remain strong. WE ARE PORTO!"-twitter

thats all the proof i need, wouldve preferred the potato but i'll live
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue 21 Jun 2011, 14:19

Someone has already changed His Wiki Page.

It's been confirmed by Fifa.com so it looks like he's moving to London.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue 21 Jun 2011, 14:20

Hes in London now having talks.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite