Quagliarella open to wide role

+2
inderbaby
DeviAngel
6 posters

Go down

Quagliarella open to wide role  Empty Quagliarella open to wide role

Post by DeviAngel Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:11 pm

Fabio Quagliarella will now be considered by Juventus boss Antonio Conte as a wide attacking player in his 4-3-3.

That role currently belongs to Mirko Vucinic, but La Stampa is today suggesting that the Italian could become the first alternative to the Montenegrin in the closing weeks of the season.

Quagliarella has played in that role before at Sampdoria and Udinese, but he’s mainly been used in the middle since his switch to Turin in 2010.

It is being claimed that Quagliarella has spoken to Conte over the last week about the possible change in position.

The 28-year-old has struggled to get a regular game in attack for Juve this term as his two goals in 17 appearances underline.

So far this season, Conte has sometimes used Emanuele Giaccherini and Marcelo Estigarribia on the left of Juve’s attack in absence of Vucinic.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Quagliarella open to wide role  Empty Re: Quagliarella open to wide role

Post by inderbaby Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:18 pm

Quags, Matri and Borrielo not the class of player we require :shisha:

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:24 pm

I love Quagli shamed he injured him self he was oozing class

Matri is off form
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Marchisio #8 Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:56 pm

Sadly we must sell one of Matri Quag this summer :/
C.Marchisio #8
C.Marchisio #8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:09 pm

C.Marchisio #8 wrote:Sadly we must sell one of Matri Quag this summer :/

I completely disagree. I said this many times last summer, but any team that wants to be competitive in UCL must have 3-4 quality strikers at their disposal. Look at the rosters of Man U, Man City, Real Madrid, Barca, Milan, etc. They all have about 3-4 quality strikers. In fact, all of the strikers for some of those teams are of better quality than any one of Juve's strikers. If Matri or Quags demands to leave because they want to start for Fiorentina rather than play for a team competing for the scudetto or UCL, then that player can leave.

Plus, if you consider that Del P and Boriello will likely be gone, Juve will need to either promote some of its youth or purchase more strikers. There will be plenty of playing time with Serie A, UCL, and Coppa Italia next season.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:47 pm

I think Quagliarella would do well in the center of a 4-3-3, he has rarely gotten his chance though.
Theoretically, he is the right kind of striker for this Juventus, he works off the ball, he gets into space, he can pass and shoot from a distance. He offers great dynamism that Boriello and Matri just cannot replicate.

Quagliarella will probably leave in the summer with that being said, he is approaching 30 years of age and wants to play and he is deserving of that. Boriello will not be kept.

So, that leaves Matri. I don't see Matri as a champions league caliber striker, I don't even think he fits the current Juventus system. He is a great predator inside the box.

Immobile could be recalled, and then a quality striker to be signed.

Honestly, I want to see Juventus play without a true prima punta. Someone like Del Piero in the middle, even Vucinic if a new winger were to come. Juventus doesn't create enough chances in the box to justify having a Matri-type who only succeeds in that area.

Give me a player like Giuseppe Rossi in the middle, that'd even work. Someone who can make their own shot, dribble and assist.

Also, I hope Del Piero is given a 2-3 year extension, there is no one better to come off the bench for 20-30 minutes, no one better for Coppa Italia games. No bigger name in the club's history.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:16 pm

I agree with all of your points, Luca. If Quags does leave and even if Del P stays (which I think would be smart move), Immobile returning and 1-2 signings will be necessary. One of those signings must be a SS, such as Rossi and I think we need another CF. He doesn't have to be world class. An experienced veteran at that position would be fine.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:57 am

This just shows how little confidence Conte has in Elia...not to mention Esti
god I hope they sign him permanently!
Cotes
Cotes