MJ
Raptorgunner
Sina
SamuelJayC
10 posters

Go down

QPR v Arsenal Preview Empty QPR v Arsenal Preview

Post by SamuelJayC Fri 30 Mar - 14:42:22

Queens Park Rangers v Arsenal, Saturday 31st March, 3pm, Loftus Road, Premier League

QPR v Arsenal Preview Article-2119714-1250ACFB000005DC-297_634x432
Arsenal players celebrate Mikel Arteta's wonderful free-kick against Aston Villa last weekend

Premier League Table

1. Man Utd 73pts
2. Man City 70pts
3. Arsenal 58pts
4. Spurs 55pts
--
5. Chelsea 50pts
6. Newcastle 50pts
-----------
18. QPR 25pts

Gunners looking to make it eight

Arsenal will looking to repeat history on Saturday afternoon. The gunners can make it eight successive league victories should they see off Queens Park Rangers at Loftus Road. The last time Arsene Wenger saw his side achieve that feat was in March 2004, when the invincibles went on a nine game winning streak. The club has won 7 league games in a row 11 times in its history - 6 of them now under the current manager. Securing the three points is vital with the likes of Tottenham, Chelsea and Newcastle ready to pounce on any hiccups, although Arsenal do have some space between them and 5th place.

QPR relegation fears increase

Since Mark Hughes replace Neil Warnock in January, QPR have won just two of their ten league games (against Wigan and Liverpool, both at home). The way in which the West Londoners fell to defeat at Sunderland last weekend will have disappointed Hughes, who knows the club have a grueling fixture schedule ahead. After facing the gunners, QPR still have to travel to Manchester United, Chelsea and Manchester City as well as hosting Spurs, Stoke and Swansea.

Match Facts

Arsenal have seen more opposition players red carded against them than any other team this season (5).

QPR have won just two of their last 18 Premier League matches (W2 D4 L12).

QPR have conceded 13% of their goals in the final 15 minutes of matches this season, a lower proportion than any other top flight side.

Arsenal have won more points from losing positions than any other team this season (19).

No side have dropped more points from winning positions than QPR in the Premier League in 2011-12 (15).

Robin van Persie has only scored against one Premier League side (Manchester United) in both league meetings this season.

QPR have picked up more red cards (6) than any other team in the top flight this season

Team News

Arsenal

Per Mertesacker (ankle), Francis Coquelin (hamstring), Jack Wilshere (ankle) and Abou Diaby (hamstring) are unavailable, but Laurent Koscielny (knee) returns.

QPR

Armand Traore (hamstring), Federico Macheda (ankle), Heidar Helguson (groin), DJ Campbell (hamstring), Alejandro Faurlin (knee) and Kieron Dyer (foot) are all unavailable, whilst Fitz Hall (knock) is a doubt. Djibril Cisse is suspended.

QPR v Arsenal Preview AbCnLq0amL

Arsenal subs - Fabianski Djourou Santos Ramsey Benayoun Oxlade-Chamberlain Chamakh

Key battle

Vermaelen v Zamora

QPR v Arsenal Preview 1548311_full-lnd

These two have had some intriguing battles in recent years, and both have come out on top throughout that time. Zamora has an excellent record against Arsenal, scoring against the gunners on several occasions for both Fulham and West Ham. He last scored against Arsenal this year - when he scored a late winner against Wenger's men at Craven Cottage. Vermaelen has enjoyed a terrific campaign though, and the Belgian defender missed that defeat at Fulham and will be keen to make up for it here. However, the 26-year old did score an own goal the last time he played against the striker (1-1 v Fulham this season at Emirates). The England forward has just 2 goals in 7 league apperances for QPR this season, but will need to be watched closely as always - this battle could decide the game.

Pre-match quotes

Arsene Wenger

"This is the period where what we do matters the most, so we just want to keep our focus on this and not worry about anybody else's results. We have shown both footballing and mental qualities in recent weeks and now we need to continue our development."

Mark Hughes

"It's not easy - we make no bones about that. It's a difficult run-in. Maybe, going into those games, the pressure is off somewhat, bizarrely. We're the underdogs and we're not expected to win. We can use that as a positive and hopefully gain from that. There are going to be twists and turns. It's really key that we perform at our maximum."

Smile
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

QPR v Arsenal Preview Empty Re: QPR v Arsenal Preview

Post by Sina Fri 30 Mar - 16:58:56

Great Job Sam

crap team in relegation zone
easy win ON PAPER

But this is one of those games that our mental strengh will be tested

Barton to start for them
and with Hughes :facepalm:
surely their tactics to bully us and their fans make it hostile
we need to react professionally against their thuggery instead of complaining
not sure its gonna be great match to watch
i usually say this before stoke but
most boring 1-0 win of all time as long as we come out without injuries or players provoked :brickwall: (No Gervinho has learnt his lesson Very Happy ) IS ACCEPTABLE
though think we will get more than enough chances to finish them off

kos will Recieve 2 Matches Ban if he pick up his 10th yellow before 2nd Sunday of April
we need him for Citeh game more
Zamora turns up against us but i think we should be able to cope with Johan-Thommy partnership
what do you think?(assuming kos is 100% to be selected for this one)

their fullbacks(young in particular) didnt receive much help and McClean ran the show Last week in SOL
we play less through middle& more reliant on width now would be foolish (and play in to our hands if they play narrow to pack the middle
more liKe 4-5-1 in sams Line up
surely not gonna make same mistake this time (as vs sunderland)
and thankfully cisse out Smile
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri 30 Mar - 17:26:13

Great job Sam.

We cant afford to drop any points here, we have a full squad and I am sure RVP is hungry for goals and we should score goals.

I just hope Ramsey does not start this game.

We can crush this team if we take our chances and Wlacott shows up. :bow:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri 30 Mar - 21:58:27

Something I love about GL is that no matter who does the previews (Sam, Sri, RG, Sina etc. etc. etc.) it's always class and unique, just wanted to say that Wink Good job Sam.

With our recent form combined with QPR's I think we can spring a win. Look for Gervinho to shine for the first time in a while as revenge against Barton Twisted Evil
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri 30 Mar - 22:01:44

MJGunner wrote:Something I love about GL is that no matter who does the previews (Sam, Sri, RG, Sina etc. etc. etc.) it's always class and unique, just wanted to say that Wink Good job Sam.

With our recent form combined with QPR's I think we can spring a win. Look for Gervinho to shine for the first time in a while as revenge against Barton Twisted Evil

I agree, they are all doing a great job and we should be lucky to have them here.

Are we the only section that does the previews?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri 30 Mar - 22:02:55

Great work sam

I dont like the sound of QPR away. Its one of those matches we are bound to struggle in somehow. Probably not breaking them down or conceding an early goal without a reply. Something like that

But saying that, we are on a roll. Its hard to see what happens. Playing teams fighting for survival is always hard. We need to be 100% focused and with Koscielny back, Think we will be ok. Hopefully

Maybe a 2-1 win
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Fri 30 Mar - 22:39:33

Great preview bud.

I think we'll walk over them tbh. Their defence won't be able to keep us out, and I'm expecting a rout. Considering their position in the table, they're going to be desperate going forward and will surely leave some holes in behind.

3-0 easy win.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat 31 Mar - 3:07:29

QPR fans on RVP.
I remember a few years ago, RVP donated a shirt to the club to commemorate the untimely death of Ray Jones.

I thought it was a terrific gesture, no other player from another club took the time to do what he did. I always hoped I/we would get the opportunity to show our appreciation back to him.

I for one will applaud him when his name is read out prior to the game tomorrow.

Yeah I remember that too, it was at a time when I thought he was a bit of a tw@t, but changed my opinion of him immediately. Top man.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat 31 Mar - 3:52:49

Finally, a team who's injuries outnumber our own!
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Sat 31 Mar - 10:32:18

Well ,great job Sam ,also agree with MJ again Smile well about the previews this time-LOL !-sincerely........sooooo i absolutely agree with RG ,yeah playing teams figh.4surv. it's not easy ! n definitelly agree with boss "Embarassed" -simply- a must win ..that's it

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat 31 Mar - 11:40:56

Thanks for compliments guys.

Big game, we simply have to keep winning.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat 31 Mar - 13:22:36

We should win this, theoretically. But I am still wary.

Jump at my throat if you will, but after watching this team in the last few seasons, it will take a lot more than a string of 7 wins to convince me of how good this team really is. And the questions over the mentality and maturity.

I still shudder at the thought of crumbling under pressure. I see this as a big test for the team. All is still not a bed of roses yet. I am unable to turn a blind eye to the Milan away and FA Cup Sunderland matches - abject performances with pitch alibi. I feel mentally scarred.

Today might go a few steps in right direction, or refresh some not so positive memories. You all know which you would prefer.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sat 31 Mar - 16:57:40

Yeah.. I made it.. Did lots of extratime to watch this match..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down