Doc
The Madrid One
Mr Nick09
95 posters

Page 1 of 26 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 26  Next

Go down

Raphael Varane - Page 2 Empty Re: Raphael Varane

Post by The Madrid One Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:40 am

according to punto pelota, who almost never posts anything an label it "official" when it isnt,

in the next few hours varane will be announced madrid player?

The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:01 am

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:46 am

News is gonna be official in a few
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by nj Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:15 pm

what a shit decision he made.

i mean, he just made too big of a step there,
1st he should have chosen a club like Paris, where he could have been an important player, and keep on developping,
cause as said some pundit in France, if he does go to RM, "its like going from junior school to university in the space of 1 year".

i dont know who he advisors are but they are pretty useless.
sorry its not a dig at Real, but it just gets on my nerve seeing things like that.

Canales story all over again
nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:40 pm

Canales/Garay/Drenthe/Gago story it may be...
But then again, what if he turns out to be a carbon copy of Ramos' developement.

I'm not saying it's the right move for him, and I'm certainly not saying Madrid is a great club to develope at. What I'm saying is that even though there are a million stories of failed developement at Real Madrid... every once in a blue moon there is a story of success...
Ramos
Higuain
Marcelo

And bear in mind, these developemental success are always the result of a coach who knows what he's doing, ala Capello.

Mourinho is a coach that knows what he's doing, he'a developed countless unkown talents into stars.
And as far as we know, Mourinho is backing this move.
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by nj Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:48 pm

teamanarchy wrote:Canales/Garay/Drenthe/Gago story it may be...
But then again, what if he turns out to be a carbon copy of Ramos' developement.

I'm not saying it's the right move for him, and I'm certainly not saying Madrid is a great club to develope at. What I'm saying is that even though there are a million stories of failed developement at Real Madrid... every once in a blue moon there is a story of success...
Ramos
Higuain
Marcelo

And bear in mind, these developemental success are always the result of a coach who knows what he's doing, ala Capello.

Mourinho is a coach that knows what he's doing, he'a developed countless unkown talents into stars.

in an important time like this for you guys, when you wants to beat Barca at all costs and win the CL after all those years,
do you really think that Mourinho will trust a 18yr old that had only 1year in Ligue 1, and who is still developping and doesnt even know what's his best position is between CB and DM?
nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:14 pm

Great news. He will get loaned out why is everyone losing it lol? only way he will stay if Mateos, Garay and Albiol both leave then we will have Varane and Carvalho to cover for Ramos and Pepe.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:32 pm

nj wrote:
teamanarchy wrote:Canales/Garay/Drenthe/Gago story it may be...

Ramos
Higuain
Marcelo

in an important time like this for you guys, when you wants to beat Barca at all costs and win the CL after all those years,
do you really think that Mourinho will trust a 18yr old that had only 1year in Ligue 1, and who is still developping and doesnt even know what's his best position is between CB and DM?
Look, I don't know exactly what happens in Mourinho's mind, but I will give you a description on what I would guess goes on...
Mourinho is a coach who's ambitions lie not only in silverware, but in developement. He takes interest in his players as well...
http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/marcelo-mourinho-father-figure-real-madrid-players-1383471

So, Mourinho like to rejuvinate players who are considered over-the-hill, and he loves to create stars out of young talents.
Take a look back from his porto days all the way through to his time now as coach of real madrid, he is responsible for the kick-start to superstardom for more players than I can remember. Let me list a few names here:
Paulo Fareirra
Deco
Carvalho
Helder Postiga
Nuno Valente
Essien
Drogba
Lampard
Terry
Muntari
Sneijder
Milito
Thiago Motta
Maicon
Lucio
Walter Samuel
Marcelo
Benzema
etc.
I mean, these are players who have been put on the map thanks to Mourinho, in some cases entirely.
So, I would assume that this 18 year-old is at least one of Mourinho's next "player developement projects"

Madrid already have 3 world class centre backs in the form of Pepe, Carvalho and Ramos. Not to mention, Garay and Albiol can be trusted to a very large extent.
So Raphael will develop in the wings, or maybe on loan back in France (very likely).
And who knows, maybe in the not so distant future, we'll be discussing how he made David Villa or Lionel Messi or whoever look invisible...

OR
He could become a waste of money and talent, and you will laugh in my face and show me the link to this post....
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:47 pm

Yeah. As a french football fan, i'm really not happy about this. Even in Paris, he would've had to fight to start... but he had a good chance there. At Madrid, 100% bench. He's not even in the top 4 CBs in Madrid at this time.

Such a bad, bad decision on the surface. Maybe he'll just explode. But when you manage your career, you just cannot take such a big and unnecessary risk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:51 pm

If they loan him to a smaller club, I am very happy, he could potentially also play in Castilla...
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:54 pm

Don't be ridiculous... Castilla?? That's just insane. He's a League 1 wunderkid that was slated to start for PSG and many other international clubs. Castilla is like 3rd division in comparison. It would be a total waste and, frankly, an insult.

A loan to a lower end team in La Liga or League 1 would be a step down for him too... but at least he'll face some good competition.

Just a bad decision for him, although i hope it works out.

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:56 pm

Loaning him out is a very likely option.
I'd love to see him playing at, for example, Villareal... where he plays at a high-level of spanish football and gets some european experience as well, and at the same time is surrounded by experienced defenders.
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:59 pm

Not full time Castilla, he should be switched between Castilla and the first team. Barcelona does the same (Thiago etc.) and RM should have done it with Canales.

Granted, Barcelona B is different than Castilla, but he could still develop in Castilla.

I'd prefer if he was loaned out, but it is a much better option than letting him rot on a bench for the next couple of years.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:09 pm

Dude.. he was a star CB in League 1 the second half of last year. I only rated Sakho and Rami as better in terms of french players. Even Barcelona B would be a slap in the face for him.

He's a top league player now. Thiago and the other guys are just raw talents... completely unproven. Varane has proven he belongs. He just needs to keep developing as he is not Madrid quality yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:13 pm

I agree with you - I never said Castilla is the best option, I PREFER him to be loaned out if he has to come to Madrid anyway (we'd better just give him some years to develop at another club anyway), but if he isn't loaned out, we should at least give him time at Castilla, not make him another Canales or Pedro Leon etc. who doesn't play at all.

That way he is bound to become one of those young players who seems like a great promise, and probably would have been if they had time to come to fruition at a top-team in a lesser competition (France, Portugal, Netherlands) instead, but then end up at some lower league team in Spain or England or something. Such a waste.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:16 pm

Yeah. I agree. I just hope this doesn't play out like it usually does with Madrid.

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:49 pm

Great signing of course, but what's more important is the aftermath. Hope he gets loaned out and doesn't spend a season on the bench.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:04 pm

Guys chill, very unlikely he stays
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:06 pm

With the eminent sale of Lass, the signing of Varane seems alot more clear, he can fill in those minutes fine.

People forget he is as good in front of the defence line as he is at CB.

Because of his tactical awareness even at a young age and versatility he will get alot more playing time than most people will think.

Seeing if and when Lass leaves, our only true DM destroyers would be Pepe and Varane. Xabi is a DM but plays in a different manner, much like Gago. Khedira and Sahin are B2B players.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:10 pm

he is 18, he is not even a bx to box, he is not yet ready to start for real, even mentally it's gonna be a crushing effort.

I expect him to go back in France after the summer tour
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:17 pm

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/222/transfer-zone/2011/06/22/2543098/lens-confirm-talks-with-real-madrid-for-raphael-varane
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:20 pm

"Some believe that Raphael will not play there. I can tell you he will not go to Real Madrid to repaint the changing rooms! Raphael is intelligent, everybody knows it. I want to emphasise the speaker was exceptional, in this case Zinedine Zidane."

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:29 pm

Is that from his dad?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:32 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Is that from his dad?

RC Lens president
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:47 pm

Lol @ repaint the changing rooms. So to the men (Nick, The Frenchman, Crims) who have seen him more than just a "few games", how long would you think he'll break into the 1st team if:

He signs
He doesn't get loaned out

???
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:51 pm

Doc wrote:Lol @ repaint the changing rooms. So to the men (Nick, The Frenchman, Crims) who have seen him more than just a "few games", how long would you think he'll break into the 1st team if:

He signs
He doesn't get loaned out

???

If hes willing to play destroyer he will get minutes no matter what, at the end of games or when the need arises.

As for becoming a permanent starter its hard to say. I feel he is better than Albiol and Garay. If Coentrao does not end up coming and Ramos continues on the right then he will understudy Carvalho and I do not think it would take him very long to impose himself at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 26 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 26  Next