Robert Lewandowski (Former Borussia Dortmund #9)

+85
Fuchsteufelswild
iftikhar
Juveman17
Raptorgunner
Motogp69
Nishankly
Art Morte
Kick
Adrian0911
RealGunner
sportsczy
Adit
Berbatov
Pedram
izzy
Twoism
OLpower
FennecFox7
VanDeezNuts
StrugaRock
TheRedStag
Kamikaze692
M99
Casciavit
Blue Barrett
Harmonica
ELO
Mack10
Blue
Dr. Percival Faust
billy_gr
Kaladin
Forza
Arquitecto
Tomwin Lannister
Lex
julias
CBarca
BarcaLearning
timzink
FalcaoPunch
juvealbanian
Milan31
Donuts
Great Leader Sprucenuce
DeviAngel
Highburied
jibers
Brady2Moss
Collblanc
Albiceleste
Red Alert
danyjr
juventus101
urbaNRoots
Helmer
VendettaRed07
nasir6371
rwo power
Toffer Harley
LeBéninois
la bestia negra
Onyx
Kingofeverythingclassy
Dante
BarrileteCosmico
Vibe
Doc
Zealous
Lord Awesome
AnJl
S
stunt
EL Patron
Bellabong
Sushi Master
Rebaño Sagrado
McAgger
Mr Nick09
lenear1030
Be/\/ceCALI
BAYERN_MUNICH
VivaStPauli
white_star
The Messiah
89 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Robert Lewandowski (Former Borussia Dortmund #9) - Page 3 Empty Re: Robert Lewandowski (Former Borussia Dortmund #9)

Post by The Messiah Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:10 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Imagine what the polish forward line could've been had it not been for the Germans hmm

Podolski - Lewandowski
Klose

:bow:

Where would they be if it wasn't for Zee Germens.

The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Robert Lewandowski (Former Borussia Dortmund #9) - Page 3 Empty Re: Robert Lewandowski (Former Borussia Dortmund #9)

Post by Dante Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:18 pm

Let's see what he does in the opening of the Euros , though i wouldn't bet my house on him to be honest.

He is obviously terrific for Dortmund and he has mean eye for goal ; but make a solid midfield zone between him and his midfielders and you immediately force him to come deeper to look for the ball , since that is actually in his abilities(think of it like a trap lol). He can always stay up front and wait for the chance , but he won't deal with our defenders so well , since both are pretty fast & strong to deal on 1vs1 .

There , Lewandowski's chances to threat from open play have decreased a lot . He's a fantastic forward , all round forward if i may , but he's too dependant on his creative teammates for goals , which tommorow won't be Dortmund's but Polands;

And i think this will show .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:24 pm

Lewandowski to destroy Greece come tomorrow.

I'm expecting a Hat-trick or 2 goals at least, against inferior Greece side.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:31 pm

The Messiah wrote:Lewandowski to destroy Greece come tomorrow.

I'm expecting a Hat-trick or 2 goals at least, against inferior Greece side.

He will try , that's for sure , but let's see how indomitable he can be when we won't even allow him to piss during halftime :coffee:

that's how tight things are going to be for him tommorow .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:51 pm

We'll put that to test tomorrow.

I like Greece side, that dude that plays for Schalke 04 but it's extremely difficult to pronounce their names and I can't be bother to check it up.

but I like 2 Greece players, their names starts with Papablablablabla, I can't be asked
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:56 pm

The Messiah wrote:We'll put that to test tomorrow.

I like Greece side, that dude that plays for Schalke 04 but it's extremely difficult to pronounce their names and I can't be bother to check it up.

but I like 2 Greece players, their names starts with Papablablablabla, I can't be asked

Don't worry , you ll get to learn how to pronounce them soon enough , since at least one of them will be spanking Lewandowski for 90m tomorrow and the commentator will say his name all the time..

and wtf "i can't be asked" means anyway lol

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:06 pm

Dante wrote:

Don't worry , you ll get to learn how to pronounce them soon enough , since at least one of them will be spanking Lewandowski for 90m tomorrow and the commentator will say his name all the time..

looooool

it's just a funnier way of saying I'm too lazy to check it up.

it can work both ways, I can also get to know their names or at least read it at the back of their jersey.

Because tomorrow for the full 90min they will be far too busy running around and behind Lewandowski, making desperate and pathetic efforts to stop him from alienating them.

The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:39 pm

The Messiah wrote:
Dante wrote:

looooool

it's just a funnier way of saying I'm too lazy to check it up.

it can work both ways, I can also get to know their names or at least read it at the back of their jersey.

Because tomorrow for the full 90min they will be far too busy running around and behind Lewandowski, making desperate and pathetic efforts to stop him from alienating them.

I have to concede here , you are right.

They will be around and behind Lewandowski tomorrow , they will be changing positions Laughing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:01 am

The Messiah wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:I really like Nils Petersen, why not just groom him for Gomez's back up? He was unstoppable in .2 Bundesliga, I'm sure he's got a knack for goals.

I swear if you saw his miss against BMG you wouldnt be saying this, him Emre Can and Contento needs to go on a season long loan, cant be a back-up for Gomez ATM, not good enough.

Hey!.......this is Bayern we're talking about. We want the likes of Dzeko, Llorente, Soldado, Rossi and Suarez as our back-up for Gomez.

If you remember Gomez wasn't lighting the world on fire in his first season either, I think Petersen has got potential to even displace Gomez from the starting XI in 3-4 years.

And I doubt those guys mentioned would want to be back-ups, in fact I see some of them even benching Gomez Wink

Petersen benching Gomez, the best striker in the world :facepalm:

I can see you dont rate Gomez that much, Gomez didn't start because Van Gaal was an ass and Olic was still his old self.

Gomez was meant to be 1st choice striker and Olic as Rotational player, we are not looking for a back-up for Gomez, we're looking for a 2nd choice striker that can partner Gomez and come in as substitutes once in a while.

Very Happy

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Robert Lewandowski (Former Borussia Dortmund #9) - Page 3 Empty Dortmund confirm Lewandowski exit

Post by Onyx Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:23 pm

Borussia Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc has confirmed that striker Robert Lewandowski will not extend his contract at the club.

The Poland international has long been linked with a move away from the Bundesliga champions, with Bayern Munich and Manchester United thought to be at the front of the queue for his signature.

Zorc confirmed to Sky Deutschland on Wednesday that the player will not extend his current deal at Signal-Iduna-Park, and that he will likely leave at the end of the current season or after the 2013/14 season.

"Robert will not renew his contract, he will leave either this summer or in the summer of 2014," he said.

The news is likely to have caught the attention of officials at both Bayern and United, although Lewandowski is unlikely to be short of suitors following his form for Dortmund over recent seasons.

Germany legend Franz Beckenbauer claimed earlier this week that Jupp Heynckes's side do not need the 24-year-old due to the forward options already at their disposal, although he confessed he would be happy to see the player make the move.

Lewandowski joined Jurgen Klopp's side in the summer of 2010 in a €4.75 million move from Lech Poznan.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:28 pm

please no
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:42 pm

He's gone , might be city or bayern ..

Dortmund has to be a top class striker , too risky to not replace him
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:47 pm

not hard to replace lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:17 pm

in fact, they'll need two strikers since Schieber is an idiot. Diouf and Dzeko (Double D) would be great for them
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:03 am

Lewandowski to join Bayern for free in 2014

Borussia Dortmund striker Robert Lewandowski has agreed to join Bayern Munich on a free transfer when his contract with the Bundesliga champions expires in June 2014.

Source: Bild
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:07 am

That would actually be the perfect solution. If Lewa stays at Dortmund till 2014, then Dortmund have ample time to find a proper replacement and Bayern will likely replace Pizarro with him.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:32 am

rwo power wrote:That would actually be the perfect solution. If Lewa stays at Dortmund till 2014, then Dortmund have ample time to find a proper replacement and Bayern will likely replace Pizarro with him.

That really not that great of an idea, letting a player that can command something like 10-15m go for free. They can Sell him and look for the striker and sign one at the beginning of the transfer market.

Also I propose a Dzeko + 20M for Lewandowski and Reus/Goatze trade.
Or a straight Dzeko and Lewandowski trade.

Also I have not really watched Lewa that often besides that occasional big Bunds game or CL. So, is he really that bad of a finisher a la Suarez and with good to great technical skills. Not to the level of Suarez ofc.
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:07 am

nasir6371 wrote:
rwo power wrote:That would actually be the perfect solution. If Lewa stays at Dortmund till 2014, then Dortmund have ample time to find a proper replacement and Bayern will likely replace Pizarro with him.

That really not that great of an idea, letting a player that can command something like 10-15m go for free. They can Sell him and look for the striker and sign one at the beginning of the transfer market.

Also I propose a Dzeko + 20M for Lewandowski and Reus/Goatze trade.
Or a straight Dzeko and Lewandowski trade.

loosing either of them would be worse than letting lewandowski go for free imo

I'd sell him too united or city for a bag of balls just keep him from going to any other bundesliga team
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:28 am

Reus and Götze are crucial for Dortmund, they won't trade them for anything within their contract run. As for letting Lewa go for free - heck, he originally cost them 4.5 mio Euros and having him in another CL run is more valuable than cashing in on him. Dortmund *is* running on a profit, and so they can easily forfeit any cashing-in money when in exchange he helps them in the CL. Moreover, that gives them another year to scout another unknown and cheap striker and integrate him into their setup. They did so with Lucas Barrios and Lewa before, too.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Robert Lewandowski (Former Borussia Dortmund #9) - Page 3 Empty Goal.com making sense for once - perfectly mirroring my opinion on Lewandowski

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:16 pm

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2013/03/05/3798314/why-bayern-and-manchester-united-should-think-again-before

The Borussia Dortmund striker has won a host of admirers with his goalscoring exploits, but does he have the ability to excel at the very highest level?
COMMENT
By Peter Staunton

Borussia Dortmund recently played host to Eintracht Frankfurt in the Bundesliga and in the absence of Robert Lewandowski through suspension, second-choice striker Julian Schieber was handed the opportunity to showcase his credentials.

Sadly for the former Nurnburg player, his afternoon did not last long, as he was dismissed for two bookable offences half an hour into the game.

Until that point, by which time Dortmund had eased into a two-goal lead, Schieber put on a decent display. In and around the box, bringing Marco Reus and Mario Gotze into play, Schieber was effective. After he was red-carded, not much changed. Dortmund remained dominant through the midfield and carried vicious threats forward in the shape of Reus and Gotze.

In short, neither Schieber, nor Lewandowski for that matter, were missed.

Throughout Jurgen Klopp's transformation of this Dortmund side from eager pretenders to bona fide champions, there has been a lingering perception that the team as a collective has been responsible for the Poland international’s growing reputation, rather than as a result of his individual brilliance.

Nuri Sahin, Ilkay Gundogan, Kevin Grosskreutz and the aforementioned midfield duo have all proved to be wonderful allies to Lewandowski's goalscoring prowess and have arguably done more individually than their in-demand team-mate.

Nevertheless, Bayern Munich and Manchester United are set to go head-to-head this summer for the signature of Lewandowski, who is all but certain to depart Dortmund sooner rather than later after deciding against extending his stay at Signal Iduna Park.

Before he usurped Lucas Barrios in the pecking order after joining in 2010, chances were made and taken functionally by the South American, who has since moved to Guangzhou Evergrand in China.

And after his move from Lech Poznan, Lewadowski could not command a place in the preferred starting XI ahead of Barrios. It was not until the Paraguay international was injured that Lewandowski snatched his chance for a run in the team. And while he has adequately replaced Barrios, it is still very much a matter of debate whether or not Dortmund are any better for his presence.

The Pole is indeed a fine reference point to any team which uses a lone striker. He expertly conjures involvement for his midfielders through his deft approach play and vision, has improved his aerial game since arriving from Poland, and is an effective finisher when presented with a chance to be taken on instinct.

But the Bundesliga is not exactly blessed with legions of commanding central defenders and Lewandowski's goalscoring record is awash with late strikes against already-vanquished opponents.

The 24-year-old lacks for pace and is not the type of forward who excels when played in one-on-one. He misses, still, more than his fair share of presentable chances.

Across the Bundesliga as a whole, there is an abundance of decent strikers plundering goals who are of a similar stature to Lewandowski, but who are probably incapable of making the grade with Europe's elite clubs. Stefan Kiessling, Adam Szalai and Vedad Ibisevic head the list.

The Hungarian Szalai, at Mainz, is probably the most promising given his tender age. But nobody is going to suggest that any of them deserve a slot in Bayern Munich's or Manchester United's first team.

This is why Lewandowski should think very carefully about his next move. The conditions at Dortmund provide the framework for him to thrive and score goals, just like they did for Barrios and will continue to do for Scheiber, or whoever replaces the wantaway striker.

His agent Cezary Kucharski's recent comments suggest that the Pole already considers himself among the world's finest strikers: a talent that belongs with a true super club. And it appears he is desperate to test himself at one of Europe’s so-called elite sides.

But away from Dortmund's relatively sedate Bundesliga campaigns, Lewandowski has been found wanting. His record in Europe reflects well this season, but his international return is lamentable.

He has only three competitive goals to his name in over 50 caps and two of those came against San Marino around four years ago. And he is currently lost in the wilderness that is an international goal drought that stands at eight matches.

The two clubs leading the chase for his signature would be advised to keep their wallets shut and wait for an opportunity to sign a better player.

The 24-year-old lacks for pace and is not the type of forward who excels when played in one-on-one. He misses, still, more than his fair share of presentable chances

In Bayern's case, however, that might be more difficult. The Bundesliga leaders have a long tradition of weakening rivals by signing their players and would relish the opportunity to do so again at the expense of Dortmund. But, on ability, Lewandowski would be the club’s third choice striker, behind Mario Mandzukic and Mario Gomez.

And what would incoming Bayern boss Pep Guardiola do with three out-and-out strikers? This is the same coach who discarded both Samuel Eto'o and Zlatan Ibrahimovic while at Barcelona.

There is no doubt that if surrounded by excellent players, Lewandowski would score goals for Bayern, but he would not propel them to another level. As Franz Beckenbauer put it, a transfer to the Allianz Arena would “make no sense”.

Likewise at Old Trafford. While he enjoyed an effective relationship with Shinji Kagawa at BVB, Wayne Rooney, Robin van Persie, Javier Hernandez and even Danny Welbeck all remain better fits for Manchester United than does Lewandowski.

If previous indications are anything to go by, he needs to be accommodated as a central focal point of the side. At present, he is not good enough for any of his potential suitors to afford him that indulgence and they would be wise to think twice before securing his services come the summer.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:23 pm

*nod* I absolutely agree as well. I think Lewa shoots himself into the knee if he thinks that the grass is greener elsewhere outside of Dortmund.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:42 pm

Don't really follow bundesliga or watch dortmund more than once a month, but I've always heard of people refer to him as "Pole Adebayor" which is hardly a compliment.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:53 pm

Well, in the Dortmund setup, Lewa is very prolific and useful, thus IMO it would be for his best if he'd stay there.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:15 pm

I believe that Dortmund is a true TEAM, they play for one another and this makes the game easier for everyone. If Lewandowski is looking to cash in, I would advise him to reconsider and think about his career - it is one thing to believe in yourself, but it is also important to remain realistic. Does this mean I do not believe he can succeed outside of Dortmund? No, but I do think his life as a striker will become exponentially more difficult. I have heard Viva mention that Lewa can be wasteful infront of goal and that leads me to believe that he will struggle is he makes the wrong move.

I think players are often blinded by money and do not give any thought to the system and team they are joining.

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:39 pm

Brilliantly written, but i still agree that it depends upon how pep wants to play with lewa and what are his plans. But I am really not sure whether it is pep's choice to bring in lewa to his team. And it's quite true that lewa wont be any world class addition to the bayern team who are already at some class in europe. It will be interesting to see whether they actually sign him.

I had always wished that someone like kießling or Szalai should have been there in place of lewa. Nothing that lewa is bad but i guess the dortmund team has stagnated in terms of evolving after two bundes titles. I guess it is time that dortmund should have more meaningful depth in each area of the pitch.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:07 pm

Going to Bayern as well?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next