Robert Lewandowski (Former Borussia Dortmund #9)

+85
Fuchsteufelswild
iftikhar
Juveman17
Raptorgunner
Motogp69
Nishankly
Art Morte
Kick
Adrian0911
RealGunner
sportsczy
Adit
Berbatov
Pedram
izzy
Twoism
OLpower
FennecFox7
VanDeezNuts
StrugaRock
TheRedStag
Kamikaze692
M99
Casciavit
Blue Barrett
Harmonica
ELO
Mack10
Blue
Dr. Percival Faust
billy_gr
Kaladin
Forza
Arquitecto
Tomwin Lannister
Lex
julias
CBarca
BarcaLearning
timzink
FalcaoPunch
juvealbanian
Milan31
Donuts
Great Leader Sprucenuce
DeviAngel
Highburied
jibers
Brady2Moss
Collblanc
Albiceleste
Red Alert
danyjr
juventus101
urbaNRoots
Helmer
VendettaRed07
nasir6371
rwo power
Toffer Harley
LeBéninois
la bestia negra
Onyx
Kingofeverythingclassy
Dante
BarrileteCosmico
Vibe
Doc
Zealous
Lord Awesome
AnJl
S
stunt
EL Patron
Bellabong
Sushi Master
Rebaño Sagrado
McAgger
Mr Nick09
lenear1030
Be/\/ceCALI
BAYERN_MUNICH
VivaStPauli
white_star
The Messiah
89 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Robert Lewandowski (Former Borussia Dortmund #9) Empty Robert Lewandowski (Former Borussia Dortmund #9)

Post by The Messiah Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:47 pm

As you might have all noticed, I've refrain from making new threads as there is no much to say, so I rather just rename my old threads and repost, especially since my very good old friend FC Hollywood was banned from this forum, this broke my heart deeply and as result I've lost any sort of motivation or whatsoever to make any funny thread, like the "Playmaker goalkeeper".

Anyways I will like to thank You all, and I hope you  used at least some of Easter holiday to relax a bit, rather than party hard like animal(like I did). You have been working too hard I feel, so I hope you had a nice relaxing Easter with Family and Friends, and don’t forget to enjoy yourself.

Word of warning, don’t eat all the chocolate gift goodies at once, try to spread them out over a period of time, I know this is hard, especially if you are a chocoholic like me.  Why is it that around this time of year, (other times too if I’m honest) that the chocolate just seems to disappear out of the fridge?

Anyways back to the real world now(football world), there is this young player that has been capturing my
attention for some time now, btw I enjoyed the holiday, spend time reading different football news article, one in particular happened to grind my gear and it was by no one other than the almighty Pele himself, who openly said that Neymar is a better player than Lionel Messi, I'm afraid I must accepted that Pele is right, some ignorant football fans may want to dispute this with Pele not knowing that what he truelly meant was that Neymar is better than Messi......at tweeting.

With that said, the young player that happens to capture my attention may not be as popular to you guys as much as Neymar, but the development of young Polish Forward Roberto Lewandowski, has been shocking to say at least. If you happen to watch this kid week in week out like myself, you wouldn't need rocket science to figure out that Borussia Dortmund striker Robert Lewandowski is more of an eye-catching player than highly Pele, media band-wagoners over-rated Neymar.

This €4.5 million signing who has now spend one and a half year at a once mediocre club like Borrusia Dortmund, that happens to play in one of the best league in the world, has brought himself and the club more success than Fernando Torres, Andy Carrol, Dzeko, James Milner, the entire Liverpool new signing and some City and Inter Milan signings put together, who are probably worth much more millions and millions in terms of transfer fee and wages.

As already mention, Lewandowski is not a popular figure and as a result most of you will think Dortmund recent success is down to players like Hummels, Subotic, Sahin, Sven Bender, Gotze, Kagawa etc. However recent injuries to players like Kagawa, Subotic, Gotze and departure of now ostracised Sahin has prove it and remain as a strong evidence that Dortmund recent success is down to no other but Bundesliga second best striker Roberto Lewandowski, who has transformed Dortmund from a mediocre club to a quality one, just as Newcastle recent success is down to no other but once Bundesliga 3rd best striker Cisse, who is now on a mission of ripping apart epl defence with 10goals in 9 matches, epl 2nd best striker only behind Van Persi.

People often are blinded by true greatness of Budeslinga young Guns, the likes of King Kroos, Gustavo, David Alaba, Łukasz Piszczek, Badstuber, Boateng, André Schürrle, Lars, Sven, Patrick Herrmann, Lewis Holtby, Joël Matip, Papadopoulos, Howedes and Contento,  Destiny has gone to great lengths to protect them from media nonsense and all that comes with it, as much as it has protected Juventus Vidal, Madrid Oezil, Sahin and Khedira before they were captured by the special one and the old ladies.

In conclusion here is another word of Advice to my beloved Juventus and Liverpool, Juventus have to continue as they did last season by emulating Real Madrid recent transfer policy and snatching Vidal out of our hands as well as Barzagli, they must look forward again to bundesliga and sign a top striker like Klass-Hunter who has so far scored 45 goals in 41 appearance this season. Liverpool must also compete with Arsenal hoping to sign Podolski and also look at other Bundesliga talent

and lastly Lewandowski goes to Bayern to partner Mario Gomez, what an happy ending.

Last edited by Idrisozet on Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Robert Lewandowski (Former Borussia Dortmund #9) Empty Re: Robert Lewandowski (Former Borussia Dortmund #9)

Post by white_star Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:55 pm

Yes!!!!!!! Me and you finally see eye to eye. Lewandowski is a good player and I hope he stays at Dortmund and develops more. I am more his fan then Dortmund so if he would go to bayern I would be happy for him. He is still young and I think once his finishing gets better he will be a clinical striker.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Robert Lewandowski (Former Borussia Dortmund #9) Empty Re: Robert Lewandowski (Former Borussia Dortmund #9)

Post by The Messiah Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:00 pm

white_star wrote:Yes!!!!!!! Me and you finally see eye to eye. Lewandowski is a good player and I hope he stays at Dortmund and develops more. I am more his fan then Dortmund so if he would go to bayern I would be happy for him. He is still young and I think once his finishing gets better he will be a clinical striker.

Lewandowski is Dortmund best player and has brought much success to the club, doesn't get much praises as much as German youngstars, that's one thing that I have noticed.

I trust our board to sign him by next season, I have a feeling JH still have the intention of training our players to be able to play with 2 formation, in the sense that we'll be able to use 2 strikers in one the formation.

--Lewandowski--Mario-Gomez--
--------------Kroos-------------------
Ribery----------------------Robben
-------------Schweini---------------

Last edited by Idrisozet on Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:09 pm

If you'd bench Müller and switch to an antiquated diamond-shape 4-4-2 just to put in Lewandowski, who is decent, but lacks finesse and efficiency, you need to get back into the shade, drink some water, and catch your breath, mate.

Or I'm saying: not worth it. Lewndowski is great, but far from Dortmunds best player, Bender, Götze, Kagawa and possibly Kehl and Gündogan are better. At Bayern both Gomez and Müller would be better, and playing your suggested formation would mean Bayern willfully conceding their midfield battle, or Kroos having to drop deep and essentially switching Lewandowski in for Müller, which is a horrible tradeoff, considering Müller is better at everything.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:16 pm

He is good, but i'd rather have huntelaar or Dzeko in the team
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:24 pm

Only seen him play a few times and he seems like a great player.

+he's Polish so he's cool in my book
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:31 pm

Robert Lewandowski (Former Borussia Dortmund #9) Hqdefault
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:31 pm

No Mueller love? sell him to us then lol, Perez is a huge admirer
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:34 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:If you'd bench Müller and switch to an antiquated diamond-shape 4-4-2 just to put in Lewandowski, who is decent, but lacks finesse and efficiency, you need to get back into the shade, drink some water, and catch your breath, mate.

Or I'm saying: not worth it. Lewndowski is great, but far from Dortmunds best player, Bender, Götze, Kagawa and possibly Kehl and Gündogan are better. At Bayern both Gomez and Müller would be better, and playing your suggested formation would mean Bayern willfully conceding their midfield battle, or Kroos having to drop deep and essentially switching Lewandowski in for Müller, which is a horrible tradeoff, considering Müller is better at everything.

I dont really know if Muller is better but I think that argument stands. Anyways Bayern Munich is probably the only top club that plays with just one formation and I hope to see JH change that and make a back-up plan.

Since 2009 we have planed with 4231 and sometimes we are getting caught out easily by other bundesliga team and I hope to see that change, also Ribery turned 29 last week so he's not getting young, Robben hasn't renewed his contract and yes I agree that formation will be difficult to be implemented in Bayern Munich especially with the presence of Ribery and Robben.

In fact it will be difficult to try any other formation with the presence of Ribery and Robben, the only thing I think about is that we play with 433, therefore playing Ribery and Robben as Striker, which will not accommodate a new striker.

No place for new striker

Ribery-Gomez-Robben
-------------------------
--Kroos----Schweini--
-------Gustavo---------

Or we could go for a more risky 424 and with this we'll also not be able to dominate the midfield.

---------Gomez----Lewandowski-------
Ribery-----------------------------Robben
-----------------------------------------------
-----------Gustavo---Schweini------------.

Bayern Munich are looking for another top striker, the likes of Lewandowski, Dzeko, Florent, Huntelaar and Soldado has be mentioned, you dont expect any of those player to sit on the bench, so we have to come up with a new formation to accommodate a new striker so they can get playing time, I dont believe the will get much playing time if we play only with one formation 4231, because that formation suits only Gomez.

Yes, Muller will get his playing time, when we play with 4231, which will be our main formation, remember Shaqiri and another midfield will also join, so in order for good rotation, we must add another Formation.

Also I will like to see Toni Kroos playing with 2 striker in front of him, he's much more deadly when he has 2 strikers in front of him.

Muller is indispensable to us, he can not be sold and he will always start in our main formation but when he need to change tactics and play with two striker(the new bomb striker), he can either go to bench or partner the striker if Gomez is tired.

The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:47 pm

Bayern are explicitly looking for a top striker to sit on the bench until Gomez is injured. That's why it's difficult to find one.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:51 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Bayern are explicitly looking for a top striker to sit on the bench until Gomez is injured. That's why it's difficult to find one.

Not many players would take that job. It's better to direct the search towards players like Milito
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:53 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Bayern are explicitly looking for a top striker to sit on the bench until Gomez is injured. That's why it's difficult to find one.

I thought I heard Hoeness saying something like a striker that can play alongside Gomez, someone that has a different style from Gomez.

I know for sure that any striker we sign will be a 2nd choice behind Gomez but what I am trying to say is that we've to create a new formation so that his situation will not be as bad as that of Olic and Petersen.

A striker that can play at least once in every week or 2, either as substitute or as a started.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:58 pm

I really like Nils Petersen, why not just groom him for Gomez's back up? He was unstoppable in .2 Bundesliga, I'm sure he's got a knack for goals.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:10 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:I really like Nils Petersen, why not just groom him for Gomez's back up? He was unstoppable in .2 Bundesliga, I'm sure he's got a knack for goals.

I swear if you saw his miss against BMG you wouldnt be saying this, him Emre Can and Contento needs to go on a season long loan, cant be a back-up for Gomez ATM, not good enough.

Hey!.......this is Bayern we're talking about. We want the likes of Dzeko, Llorente, Soldado, Rossi and Suarez as our back-up for Gomez.

The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:13 pm

Idrisozet wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:I really like Nils Petersen, why not just groom him for Gomez's back up? He was unstoppable in .2 Bundesliga, I'm sure he's got a knack for goals.

I swear if you saw his miss against BMG you wouldnt be saying this, him Emre Can and Contento needs to go on a season long loan, cant be a back-up for Gomez ATM, not good enough.

Hey!.......this is Bayern we're talking about. We want the likes of Dzeko, Llorente, Soldado, Rossi and Suarez as our back-up for Gomez.

If you remember Gomez wasn't lighting the world on fire in his first season either, I think Petersen has got potential to even displace Gomez from the starting XI in 3-4 years.

And I doubt those guys mentioned would want to be back-ups, in fact I see some of them even benching Gomez Wink
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:16 pm

One thing is sure , we won't change our 4-2-3-1 tacticas for the next ~5 years because we finaly build our team around this tactic and not the other way round. I remember the time when we played 4-4-2 under Hitzfeld an randomly bought AM's which didn't even fit into the system.

So when we buy a new striker he will be benched.
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:19 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:

If you remember Gomez wasn't lighting the world on fire in his first season either, I think Petersen has got potential to even displace Gomez from the starting XI in 3-4 years.

And I doubt those guys mentioned would want to be back-ups, in fact I see some of them even benching Gomez Wink

Petersen benching Gomez, the best striker in the world :facepalm:

I can see you dont rate Gomez that much, Gomez didn't start because Van Gaal was an ass and Olic was still his old self.

Gomez was meant to be 1st choice striker and Olic as Rotational player, we are not looking for a back-up for Gomez, we're looking for a 2nd choice striker that can partner Gomez and come in as substitutes once in a while.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:21 pm

Gomez was injured in that one season, though. I actually agree with Idrisozet on one very smart suggestion: just loan out Petersen and Conento for one season, they certainly won't start at Bayern, and both got too much potential to be sold. They should've learned that from the Hummels debacle.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:21 pm

BAYERN_MUNICH wrote:One thing is sure , we won't change our 4-2-3-1 tacticas for the next ~5 years because we finaly build our team around this tactic and not the other way round. I remember the time when we played 4-4-2 under Hitzfeld an randomly bought AM's which didn't even fit into the system.

Unless the manager is prepared to rotate Gomez like Mou is doing with Benz/Higgy than I don't see a world class striker wanting to play second fiddle to Gomez.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:24 pm

BAYERN_MUNICH wrote:One thing is sure , we won't change our 4-2-3-1 tacticas for the next ~5 years because we finaly build our team around this tactic and not the other way round. I remember the time when we played 4-4-2 under Hitzfeld an randomly bought AM's which didn't even fit into the system.

Don't you think it is a bit detrimental to play with just one formation for 8years, I agree it's hard to add another formation especially with the presence of the 2 best Wingers in the world and the best striker in the world.

Dont you think we should have a plan B, also Bayern wants to sign another striker, but I dont see him getting much time if we play that formation all the time, dont you think we can come up with a 2nd formation so that once in a while we can change tactics and surprise the opposition, especially against small stubborn teams, that play defensively.

and also so we can rest our players once in a while..

The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:25 pm

Idrisozet wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:

I can see you dont rate Gomez that much, Gomez didn't start because Van Gaal was an ass and Olic was still his old self.

Gomez was meant to be 1st choice striker and Olic as Rotational player, we are not looking for a back-up for Gomez, we're looking for a 2nd choice striker that can partner Gomez and come in as substitutes once in a while.

If you read correctly, I said bench Gomez in 3/4 years. Even if I didn't rate Gomez I wouldn't go as far to say that.

And you guys play 4-2-3-1, and it seems like you've finally found a formation that works, so why bring another forward to partner Gomez?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:27 pm

Every time I read/hear this guy's name I think of The Dude
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:32 pm

Idrisozet wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:

If you read correctly, I said bench Gomez in 3/4 years. Even if I didn't rate Gomez I wouldn't go as far to say that.

And you guys play 4-2-3-1, and it seems like you've finally found a formation that works, so why bring another forward to partner Gomez?

It seems like the plan is like that of Madrid Benz/Hing.

But as Hoeness suggested, it seems like we want to implement a back-up formation, I think JH tried it out in one of the friendly the match against India.

Our Old 442 formation will be brought back as a rotational formation, also I will like to point out that JH 4231 is a bit different from Van Gaals.

Muller played also as SS, while under JH him and Kroos play as AT. I think Van Gaal styler suits Muller perfectly and JH style suit Kroos to some extent.

Kroos is still a beast waiting to be unleashed, he'll only reached his full potential when he plays with 2 strikers in front of him and JH is know for changing tactics every now and then

Last edited by Idrisozet on Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:33 pm

Idrisozet wrote:

Don't you think it is a bit detrimental to play with just one formation for 8years, I agree it's hard to add another formation especially with the presence of the 2 best Wingers in the world and the best striker in the world.

Dont you think we should have a plan B, also Bayern wants to sign another striker, but I dont see him getting much time if we play that formation all the time, dont you think we can come up with a 2nd formation so that once in a while we can change tactics and surprise the opposition, especially against small stubborn teams, that play defensively.

Yeah I am sure we will play somtimes play with 2 strikers, but not for 90 minutes , just if we are one or two goals behind and need to make more goals.
But our main system will remain the 4-2-3-1 , and we are goint to buy players for this system. And maybe we won't even buy a new striker , if Olic decides to stay. But if Olic doesn't stay I could imagine a player like Berbatov, classy but not better than Gomez/too good for the bench.
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:37 pm

BAYERN_MUNICH wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:

Yeah I am sure we will play somtimes play with 2 strikers, but not for 90 minutes , just if we are one or two goals behind and need to make more goals.
But our main system will remain the 4-2-3-1 , and we are goint to buy players for this system. And maybe we won't even buy a new striker , if Olic decides to stay. But if Olic doesn't stay I could imagine a player like Berbatov, classy but not better than Gomez/too good for the bench.

Yeah, I agree with you that 4-2-3-1 will remain as our main system.

Berbatov is old so also is Olic and Pizzaro, I dont mind them as 3rd choice striker, we need another quality striker like any other top team in the world. Madrid has 3 world-class striker, Barca have Messi, Sanchez and Villa, Milan 1 world class striker and about 3 good strikers.

We need at least two world-class strikers or 1 world class strikers and 2good strikers.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next