Arquitecto
Die Borussen
The Messiah
24 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Arbeloa is under-rated  Empty Arbeloa is under-rated

Post by The Messiah Sun 29 Apr - 15:51:39

I think people really under-rate this guy, especially Madrid fans.

Judging from what Madrid fans were saying before we faced Madrid I expected Ribery to completely dominate this guy, but that wasn't the case. He might not be that fast, but he's strong and rarely let anyone get past him, Ribery had to move to the centre and team up with Kroos, or team up with Schweini and Alaba or team up with Robben and Lahm on the right side to take advantage of weaker Coentrao and Marcelo. But he simply couldn't get past Arbeloa one on one.

He was never at fault in all Madrid goals, only treat that came from the left-side was Alaba amazing run, which Robben failed to finish off, but then that wasn't his fault but Pepe.

Judging from what I saw against Bayern and against Barca, I think Arbeloa is a good right-back and apart from Lahm, Alves and maybe Ivanovic, I dont think there is any Right back out there better than this guys. If I am asked to pick one Madrid defender to join Bayern, I will pick him ahead of, Marcelo, Coentrao and Pepe.

if you think there's, then name one.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Arbeloa is under-rated  Empty Re: Arbeloa is under-rated

Post by Die Borussen Sun 29 Apr - 15:56:30

:facepalm:

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun 29 Apr - 15:57:57

deadrave wrote: :facepalm:

Thats highly disrespectful and uncalled for. Idrio presents a good case for his own opinion as at least you should find the courtesy to back up your :facepalm:

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun 29 Apr - 15:58:51

he has a point, Arbeloa steps up big time in big games. He has however problems in their of consistency, and he will struggle to perform that highly if he chains games for us.

in Big games however, he hardly ever disappointed me, he might not be an attacking genius, but he defends.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Sun 29 Apr - 16:04:27

if i had a a dollar for every time i was angry cause of arbeloa this season i would be rich

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun 29 Apr - 16:04:51

Mr Nick09 wrote:he has a point, Arbeloa steps up big time in big games. He has however problems in their of consistency, and he will struggle to perform that highly if he chains games for us.

in Big games however, he hardly ever disappointed me, he might not be an attacking genius, but he defends.

ok. unless of course if he's not consistent, but against Barca he played reasonably offensive, had a powerful shot on target. But against Bayern I think Mourinho asked him not to attack. he was more like a CB.

My respect for him, completely held his ground against Ribery, watch the match Against City and compare Ribery performance against Richard to Arbeloa, then people will have ideal about what I am talking about.

Richard looks big and stronger than Arbeloa, but Ribery tormented him, to the point he got confused and started making mistakes.

Arbeloa was calm and never missed a tackle.

Last edited by Idrisozet on Sun 29 Apr - 16:06:32; edited 1 time in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun 29 Apr - 16:04:56

I agree with him. Arbeloa is a very good defender, it's just you guys want a Roberto Carlos type who bombs up and down the wing, which he surely ain't. If you had more midfield control or better wingers you wouldn't need so much emphasis on your fullbacks to open up space.

I wouldn't put him at Alves or Lahm level, but defensively he's top notch.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun 29 Apr - 16:06:54

Yeah he is good defensively, offers almost nothing in the offensive game and he gets the most stupid and un-called for yellow cards
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun 29 Apr - 16:07:41

Idrisozet wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:he has a point, Arbeloa steps up big time in big games. He has however problems in their of consistency, and he will struggle to perform that highly if he chains games for us.

ok. unless of course if he's not consistent, but against Barca he played reasonably offensive, had a powerful shot on target. But against Bayern I think Mourinho asked him not to attack. he was more like a CB.

My respect for him, completely held his ground against Ribery, watch the match Against City and compare Ribery performance against Richard to Arbeloa, then people will have ideal about what I am talking about.

Richard looks big and stronger than Arbeloa, but Ribery tormented him, to the point he got confused and started making mistakes.

Yeah it's because Arbeloa is an excellent marker. I remember last season we had a cup tie against Sevilla, and he shut off Navas the same way.

Come to think of it, Azpilicueta also did a very good job against Ribery with Marseille.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun 29 Apr - 16:13:19

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:

Yeah it's because Arbeloa is an excellent marker. I remember last season we had a cup tie against Sevilla, and he shut off Navas the same way.

Come to think of it, Azpilicueta also did a very good job against Ribery with Marseille.

No....lol Very Happy But to some extent yes.

The Crowd did a good against Ribery with Marseille, Ribery bossed Marseille 2nd leg.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun 29 Apr - 16:14:17

He did, but he didnt boss Azpilicueta at all Very Happy

here is me hoping for a RB we wont take notice of, until he gets into the Spain senior team

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Sun 29 Apr - 16:14:56; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun 29 Apr - 16:14:28

Can Arbeloa also play as CB, Bayern still need one more Versatile defender, say for example we fail to land Howedes, we can snatch him up.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun 29 Apr - 16:15:24

Idrisozet wrote:Can Arbeloa also play as CB, Bayern still need one more Versatile defender, say for example we fail to land Howedes, we can snatch him up.

You can snatch up Albiol right now, his bags are ready
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun 29 Apr - 16:17:13

I'd take Albilol as a van Buyten replacement, TBH.

You know, mostly bench duty Wink
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun 29 Apr - 16:17:55

Defense is never his problem.

It is frustrating that he never does anything in attack.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun 29 Apr - 16:18:28

When the chips come down Arbeloa can mark your best player 1v1. He'll talk trash, he'll pull your shirt, he'll stop you from getting a ball going out of bounds and he'll get your face if you try to get in his.

As far as defence goes he's a beast imo, because he has intelligence and more importantly desire. Physically he isn't tip top any more but I trust him to put in a great performance when needed.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun 29 Apr - 16:19:09

I have to agree that Azpi made Ribery look like CR7 when faced off against any decent fullback.

In laymans terms, he made him so invisible you couldn't even see his scar.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun 29 Apr - 16:30:37

Arquitecto wrote:I have to agree that Azpi made Ribery look like CR7 when faced off against any decent fullback.

In laymans terms, he made him so invisible you couldn't even see his scar.

1st or 2nd leg..

The crowd made Ribery look invisible in the first leg against Marseille
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by DZGB Sun 29 Apr - 17:31:27

I lurk on this forum quite often and wonder if many of you have played football at a serious level because it's obvious to see arbreola is a very good rb. He is a rb after all and it seems that many Madrid fans want a wingback, but there has to be a certain balance on this team especially based on how Madrid play. Arbeola has been immense this season, yes he has his flaws when it comes to attack and when dealing with speedy players but his positioning is amazing. He is a leader out the back and seems to have the tactical know how on how to deal with defender. I can't remember the last time he had a poor game, Mou has certainly brought the best out of him. There aren't many players available that a better than him for us. Azipilcueta is not better than Arbeola at the moment. Mou has lots of faith in him and has said he can always count on him, keep the faith in our product and lets not be so fickle.

DZGB
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Sun 29 Apr - 17:43:08

Anybody who watches Madrid consistently knows that Arbeloa is a solid RB, particularly at the back. But they would also know that he is streaky, not entirely consistent and makes some serious mistakes. He goes through spurts, and while he's normally playing well, he goes through these 3 or 4 game stretches where he just isn't up to par.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun 29 Apr - 17:56:59

DZGB wrote:I lurk on this forum quite often and wonder if many of you have played football at a serious level because it's obvious to see arbreola is a very good rb. He is a rb after all and it seems that many Madrid fans want a wingback, but there has to be a certain balance on this team especially based on how Madrid play. Arbeola has been immense this season, yes he has his flaws when it comes to attack and when dealing with speedy players but his positioning is amazing. He is a leader out the back and seems to have the tactical know how on how to deal with defender. I can't remember the last time he had a poor game, Mou has certainly brought the best out of him. There aren't many players available that a better than him for us. Azipilcueta is not better than Arbeola at the moment. Mou has lots of faith in him and has said he can always count on him, keep the faith in our product and lets not be so fickle.

You need to post more often, we need more intelligent Real-Madrid posters like you.

it seems most Real-Madrid fans don't appreciate what they alreayd have, I still think the only position Madrid can improve is Khedira role, they need a destroyer in that position and Alonso needs to push forward more often.

Also Di Maria role can can considered, there are players out there better than Di-Maria and Khedira and their respective position.

But apart from Lahm, Ivanovic and Alves I don't think there are players out there better than Arbeloa, his defensive ability out-weight the need for going forward.

Selling Kaka and Higuain is also retarded, Kaka they need to play him more often and I share thesame opinion as Huntsman in regards to Kaka.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sun 29 Apr - 18:08:22

i still remember how we got raped by pato in the first leg in 2010 ,and we played arbeloa on the left in the return leg.. by hook or by crook, a lot by crook actually he contained pato pretty well
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Sun 29 Apr - 18:21:43

DZGB wrote:I lurk on this forum quite often and wonder if many of you have played football at a serious level because it's obvious to see arbreola is a very good rb. He is a rb after all and it seems that many Madrid fans want a wingback, but there has to be a certain balance on this team especially based on how Madrid play. Arbeola has been immense this season, yes he has his flaws when it comes to attack and when dealing with speedy players but his positioning is amazing. He is a leader out the back and seems to have the tactical know how on how to deal with defender. I can't remember the last time he had a poor game, Mou has certainly brought the best out of him. There aren't many players available that a better than him for us. Azipilcueta is not better than Arbeola at the moment. Mou has lots of faith in him and has said he can always count on him, keep the faith in our product and lets not be so fickle.
The reason why Madrid fans "want" a wingback is because that's what Mou would like for his formation. Arbeloa is an excellent defender but literally does nothing upfront. Especially against proper opponents like Bayern. We simply lack someone like Maicon.

The reason why we're content with Arbeloa offensively is because Di Maria usually operates as both a wingback and a winger (those who've seen the Copa Del Rey final know how hard Di Maria works). Against Bayern that wasn't meant to be because Di Maria had recently returned from a long injury and wasn't at all in the same shape.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Sun 29 Apr - 20:43:24

arbeloa>johnson any day
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun 29 Apr - 20:46:30

Arbeloa has been a defensive frailty all season long bar the last month. In big games, he steps up which us admirable but he was at fault for many goals conceded this season.

Knee jerk is knee jerk. We'll keep him but someone else for rotation is needed.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next