Lex
Raptorgunner
The Messiah
59 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Podolski will flop - Page 2 Empty Re: Podolski will flop

Post by Dnmac4 Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:37 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Hahahahahaha dnmac you're insane dude. Who said that every Arsenal forward can't shoot lmao

Dude have you been reading the thread? Here is what you and your compatriots have been saying. Basically if someone didn't succeed at Arsenal then it's because they can't shoot. And if you can shoot then you will have no issues what so ever banging in goals. I mean that just hasn't been the case at all. RVP scores because he's a great player not just because he can shoot and the Arsenal system just does all the work for him. I mean read these quotes from you and your friends.

There wont be any pressure on him, he will fit right in to our system and you watch Arsenal play, we create a lot of chances and Podloski wont need to do much to score goals for us.

-Raptorgunner

Honestly if you can shoot, you can't flop at Arsenal Arsenal makes way too much chances per game for a forward to flop. From what I've seen Podolski has a pretty good shot on him.

-UrbaNRoots

he cant flop i just cant see, if he knows how to shoot and is clinical with his decision making (which i have seen that he is), he will be a success at arsenal. like my fellow gooners have been saying, it seriously doesn't take much for a striker to be a success at arsenal.

-REWB

Chamack?? Yung Shung Yung??(sp??) - HalaMadrid

Answer

they all cant shoot, although i dont know what happen to park, he was decent whenever he came on, but wenger just dont like him.

REWB

Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:40 pm

dnmac is a fantastic trash talker wow just wow.

the strikers that failed at Arsenal failed cuz they can't shoot FACT.

adebayor could use his legs and in one of his worse seasons if you put in team effort he scored 30 goals
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:06 pm

And if Podolski doesn't flop this thread will be remembered rofl
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:13 pm

dnmac4 wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:Hahahahahaha dnmac you're insane dude. Who said that every Arsenal forward can't shoot lmao

Dude have you been reading the thread? Here is what you and your compatriots have been saying. Basically if someone didn't succeed at Arsenal then it's because they can't shoot. And if you can shoot then you will have no issues what so ever banging in goals. I mean that just hasn't been the case at all. RVP scores because he's a great player not just because he can shoot and the Arsenal system just does all the work for him. I mean read these quotes from you and your friends.

There wont be any pressure on him, he will fit right in to our system and you watch Arsenal play, we create a lot of chances and Podloski wont need to do much to score goals for us.

-Raptorgunner

Honestly if you can shoot, you can't flop at Arsenal Arsenal makes way too much chances per game for a forward to flop. From what I've seen Podolski has a pretty good shot on him.

-UrbaNRoots

he cant flop i just cant see, if he knows how to shoot and is clinical with his decision making (which i have seen that he is), he will be a success at arsenal. like my fellow gooners have been saying, it seriously doesn't take much for a striker to be a success at arsenal.

-REWB

Chamack?? Yung Shung Yung??(sp??) - HalaMadrid

Answer

they all cant shoot, although i dont know what happen to park, he was decent whenever he came on, but wenger just dont like him.

REWB

I explained myself.

There's nothing wrong with what the others said, from these quotes I read that Arsenal creates a lot of chances and there's little chance that he'll flop if he finishes his chances. What's so wrong with these statements honestly?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:14 pm

Poldi won't flop. simple..

At Arsenal all you need to do is finish and use your feet

Nicklas does not have a Brain

Chamakh can't use his feet

secondly, Poldi would get help from giruoud, theo,oxlade, gerv and through passes from song
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:17 pm

Also I should mention that I don't know if he'll flop or not, unlike some posters here but I know that IF he flops it wont be because of lack of service.

Last edited by urbaNRoots on Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:26 pm

aleumdance wrote:dnmac is a fantastic trash talker wow just wow.

the strikers that failed at Arsenal failed cuz they can't shoot FACT.

adebayor could use his legs and in one of his worse seasons if you put in team effort he scored 30 goals

So in the seasons he didn't score 30 goals it was because he forgot how to shoot is this the FACT you are so sure of?

Because the two seasons around his 30 goal season he played basically the same amount of games each year and had 12 and 15 goals.

Did he get a Lobotomy before those seasons and not remember how to shoot but in the magical Arsenal system just by being on the field he scored those goals???

I mean I love it. This poster actually said, "Strikers that failed at Arsenal failed because they can't shoot, FACT".

I've never seen anything like this poster. Eduardo failed because of Injury same with RVP in certain seasons. Chamakh failed because he didn't really fit the system although he was great the season before in the Champions league guiding Bordeaux to the semi's which is pretty tuff BTW.

Adebayor failed in seasons other then the 30 goal one because of being new to the team and his attitude and wanting to leave at the end not because he doesn't know how to shoot.

Bendtner is still pretty young and never scored more then 15 goals in a season due to a poor attitude and wanting to be "the man" but when playing for his national team when he is "the man" he certainly looks like a dangerous player. At Arsenal they have RVP so he is always going to be the man so again it was a fit that the player didn't like it's not because he can't shoot.

Jeez, these are professional football players that are forwards. They can shoot.

If you want huge returns from your forwards then you have to do like most other teams and spend big money on one in the transfer market. You bought players on the cheap and tried to bring them up which is comendable but if they don't work out you can't just sit here and say it's because they can't shoot. No, it's because they lived up to there price tag.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:34 pm

I also think he will flop and I already said it sometime ago.

I agree with Idriz.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:54 pm

dnmac, you write so much and end up not making sense, like really

I have said it before, Arsenal is one team that if you don't follow you would not know anything about it, there is a phrase " there is the easy way, hard way and Arsenal way"

And Arsenal way, we do things different.. and I would stand by my point, if you can't " shoot", you won;t make it here.. and when I say shoot, I want you to go deeper, yes everyone can shoot but most can't use their feet really..

and I would defend..

Chamakh was scoring well cuz we realied on his height alot, Wilshere would send low throughballs to him many games, when RVP came back and shit got real with through Arsenal-way, he fizzled out cuz he could not use his feet..

Chamakh would get into open spaces, but when he needs to shoot, he passes or does rubbish.

Eduardo was let go cuz of confidence issues not shooting, he got scared of going into tackles and that was psychological.

Nicklas..well for 5 peanuts he is yours, another player that gets open, but this time, can't shoot to save his life,

and who told you Adebayor failed prior to his 30 goals a season? have you been high on your own shit?

Ade was henry's bench, and when Henry left, he took his potential, by just "shooting", he would miss 10 sitters ina game and score one, At Arsenal we create chances as in alot..

Infact, most of RVP's goal were like tap ins, cuz Theo and Song would do all the work..

so I stand by my words, poldi won't flop..if you want a sig bet I would make one too
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:57 pm

oh and to add more

the fact we got Giroud and Poldi for just 25 Million combined does not mean, we make "low ball deals". it meas we are not stupid enough like some teams in Catalunia who overpay just to feel head to head with their rivals..

Then that team, who stupidly overpay would need a Bank Loan of 150 Million to pay it players ( LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, Only in Camp Mou), after that negotiate a back Bank deal to pay it Tax Debt by 2020.(just to survive another major LOOOOOOL)
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:58 pm

This "if you can finish, you'll do well at Arsenal" thing is really inaccurate. The fact is, nowadays Arsenal don't create as many chances as they used to. The problem last season was not the conversion of chances into goals (we did, in fact, have the 4th highest conversion rate in the whole league), it was the creation of chances and the over-reliance on van Persie to finish the chances we did create.

That's what the signing of Podolski is for. He hasn't been bought to convert the excess amounts of chances we create, but to take some of workload off van Persie. Next year, instead of seeing that van Persie has scored, for example, five of Arsenal's last five goals, we might see that van Persie has scored three, and Podolski two. On top of that, he'll hopefully give a different route to goal, and we might not have to rely on cutting the ball back for van Persie to tap-in from three yards all the time.

Until we see what the final squad will be for the season, we cannot say which role he'll have in the side (whether it'll be on the left with van Persie/Giroud centrally, or centrally with van Persie's absence). And as long as we don't know that, you cannot say for sure if he'll be a success or a flop.

Moreover, I think a lot of this "Podolski will be a flop" talk is a result of his recent national team performances, which is really shaky ground to base the argument on. It's hardly uncommon for players to do well for country, but not for club, and vice versa.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:23 pm

@ Jay, this Poldi would flop was an Idriso Propaganda..

and you know how Arsenal is not liked here, they perpetual haters ( dnmac) jumped on the bandwagon after his "poor" Euros according to them
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:33 pm

DRK wrote:And if Podolski doesn't flop this thread will be remembered rofl

The truth about the matter is that Podolski will flop, I'll open up this thread before winter break.

I will reply to this particular post, by April 2013. If the world doesn't come to an end
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:40 pm

how would you decide if he has been a flop ?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:42 pm

RealGunner wrote:how would you decide if he has been a flop ?

Everybody will know, it's not always difficult to point out a flop.

on the other hand, Giroud will shine.

Podolski is a big baby and most people have forgotten he's not so good, so I'll advise Arsenal fans not to expect much from him

The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:45 pm

we still have Gervinho Very Happy
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:49 pm

he certainly could flop, but we've got plenty of other guys to play as strikers or wingers.

lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:58 pm

The Messiah wrote:

Podolski is a big baby and most people have forgotten he's not so good, so I'll advise Arsenal fans not to expect much from him

Bundesliga stars to the epl

Rosicky= Instant Star

benayoun= Instant Star

Hleb= Insant Star

Papiss= Instant star

demba Ba= Instant star

Sigurdsson= Instant Star

Ballack= Instant Star

Lehmann= Instant star

Poldi won't flop
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:12 pm

aleumdance wrote:
The Messiah wrote:

Rosicky= Instant Star

benayoun= Instant Star

Hleb= Insant Star

Papiss= Instant star

demba Ba= Instant star

Sigurdsson= Instant Star

Ballack= Instant Star

Lehmann= Instant star

Poldi won't flop

Those examples are certainly reassuring, but would we consider a Bundesliga star and Mertesacker an Instant Star in PL?
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:14 pm

aleumdance wrote:
The Messiah wrote:

Rosicky= Instant Star

benayoun= Instant Star

Hleb= Insant Star

Papiss= Instant star

demba Ba= Instant star

Sigurdsson= Instant Star

Ballack= Instant Star

Lehmann= Instant star

Poldi won't flop

Podolski will break that barrier, he'll be the black sheep.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:16 pm

@ Lenear, Merte was already solid in germany, and brought his solidness to England..

and Idrizo, Poldi would be a star
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:21 pm

aleumdance, we don't really know if he'll be a star or not - those examples wont tell us that he'll be a success. We can only hope and wait.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:26 pm

lenear1030 wrote:
aleumdance wrote:
The Messiah wrote:

Rosicky= Instant Star

benayoun= Instant Star

Hleb= Insant Star

Papiss= Instant star

demba Ba= Instant star

Sigurdsson= Instant Star

Ballack= Instant Star

Lehmann= Instant star

Poldi won't flop

Those examples are certainly reassuring, but would we consider a Bundesliga star and Mertesacker an Instant Star in PL?

who considered Mertesacker a 'star' in germany? For me he was always 'solid' nothing more, i never understood why he played in the NT
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:28 pm

Maybe he played because no one was better than him that time?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:29 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Maybe he played because no one was better than him that time?

I also think that's the reason
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:33 pm

Mertesacker is better than what Germany put out there to play Italy
aleumdance
aleumdance