McAgger
Red Alert
Art Morte
Nishankly
Kick
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

FA Cup final - Chelsea Vs Liverpool - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Cup final - Chelsea Vs Liverpool

Post by donttreadonred Sat May 05, 2012 8:45 am

Consider this warning...

If LFC should lose. Samuel L. Jackson will come for you...

FA Cup final - Chelsea Vs Liverpool - Page 2 Arr9AdZCAAEDkq6

donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

FA Cup final - Chelsea Vs Liverpool - Page 2 Empty Re: FA Cup final - Chelsea Vs Liverpool

Post by Die Borussen Sat May 05, 2012 2:14 pm

so drogba will be starting?

oh ffs start torres silent

reds start carroll too

and that would be an exciting final cheers

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat May 05, 2012 4:37 pm

It's getting close, GET IIIIIIIIIIIN!!!

Domestic cup double today and I'll throw all my financial thinking about CL's benefits aside and will just be happy about this season, promise. Liverpool FC, you have to do it for me!!!

(otherwise I'll be calling for a no-buying transfer summer in here every week until the window closes)
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat May 05, 2012 8:09 pm

Its Kick's fault. Sad
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat May 05, 2012 8:18 pm

Nishank wrote:Its Kick's fault. Sad

Also *bleep* Kenny and his tactics.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat May 05, 2012 8:22 pm

Kenny's tactics went bizarrely wrong tonight. . . I really fail to understand the reason of both Spearing & Hendo starting . . for most of the match i was furious. . but honestly speaking the fight that our players put on during the end . . . Special mention to Andy Carroll . . i just could not stay angry. .

YNWA :bow:
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat May 05, 2012 8:36 pm

Planned it.

Honestly, you guys had me very worried, I thought you would have snatched it. It was a very good game.

And Carroll :bow:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat May 05, 2012 10:56 pm

I agree what was said earlier, no good starting all three, Spearing, Gerrard and Henderson. Bellamy was also very subdued. His second half of the season has been nothing like his first half.

Carroll showed that his target-man game can really help us. Should be a guaranteed starter with Suarez from now on in a 4-4-1-1 formation.

Also, warm congratulations to Chelsea. I much rather lose to you than either of the Manc clubs. Hopefully we can get a small revenge on Tuesday.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by MGNRomulus Sun May 06, 2012 2:42 am

1st half performance was just shit house. very happy the way Carroll performed tonight.
MGNRomulus
MGNRomulus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun May 06, 2012 2:57 pm

Fahim89 wrote:Kenny's tactics went bizarrely wrong tonight. . . I really fail to understand the reason of both Spearing & Hendo starting . . for most of the match i was furious. . but honestly speaking the fight that our players put on during the end . . . Special mention to Andy Carroll . . i just could not stay angry. .

YNWA :bow:
We most likely fielded a three-man midfield, not Spearing and Hendo individually. What I mean is that we decided to use some variation on a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 to avoid being outnumbered and overrun by Mata, Mikel and Lampard. Kenny correctly predicted that CHelsea would play a 4-2-3-1, and was attempting to counter it with a three-man midfield of our own. As Adam and Lucas (arguably our first choices for midfield, other than Gerrard) are out for the season, we were forced to choose between Hendo, Spearing, Shelvey and reserve players. I understand why the choice was made, and I frankly agreed with the entire starting squad. It was who I would’ve wanted to see. (Obviously, Carroll proved that he should have started with his barnstorming showing late on.)

The tactical setup was not what failed us. It was poor individual performances on the part of too many players, for too large a portion of the match. You can lambaste Kenny all you want for his tactics, but on paper our setup was viable. In practice, however, it appeared that the players (perhaps at Daglish's order) began abandoning the original setup after the first goal. Gerrard began receiving the ball deeper, Hendo began pushing out right, Bellamy tended towards the center, and Spearing sat deep and got out a bag of popcorn to watch the events unfold (a bit harsh, but it's just a joke). All this was an attempt to get into the attack faster and force the issue, but it really just resulted in Gerrard running like a chicken with his head cut off, Bellamy ending up at CAM more than striker/winger, and Hendo getting into uncomfortable areas with little support. We were disjointed, confused and slow for the majority of the first 60 minutes. To be honest, I wrote us off after Drogba got their second.

It was only Carroll’s addition that refocused the team on a real tactical approach. (“Get the ball wide and put it on the head of the tall Geordie” being the strategy. Simple, but a coherent strategy nonetheless.) It’s performances like this one that really make me think he has a legitimate shot at leading the Liverpool line for years to come. If only this Andy Carroll could’ve shown up all season, thing might be different. Let’s be honest. Even playing against Champions League Finalists, we didn’t lose that game. Carroll just ran out of time.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon May 07, 2012 9:02 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
Nishank wrote:Its Kick's fault. Sad

Also *bleep* Kenny and his tactics.

For what exactly?

We may not have been there for an hour or so, but the game was still pretty much even. Chelsea weren't dominate. They just took their chances.

Regardless. It should of been 2-2.

FA Cup final - Chelsea Vs Liverpool - Page 2 67a58plq

Now that's a ghost goal.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2