rwo power
Juveman17
DeviAngel
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who is Robert Lewandowski  Empty Who is Robert Lewandowski

Post by DeviAngel Sun May 06, 2012 2:41 am

He is target thats being mentioned many times in the same line with Juventus. Conte is great admirer of him and find him ideal for his team along with the other targets. Juve tried to sign him last year to but Del Neri had different idea for the gameplay. Now more on this guy who according to many is one of the most underrated ST in the world.

Robert Lewandowski is born 21 August 1988. He is a Polish footballer who plays for German Bundesliga club Borussia Dortmund as a striker, having previously played for Delta Warsaw, Legia Warsaw, Znicz Pruszków and Lech Poznań. He has been capped by Poland at international level.

Goals scored :

2006–2008 Znicz Pruszków (36)
2008–2010 Lech Poznań apps : 58 (32)
2010– Borussia Dortmund apps : 67 (30)

Goals for Poland :

Games 40 , Goals 13

Honors won :

Individual
II Liga top scorer: 2006–07 (15 goals)
I Liga top scorer: 2007–08 (21 goals)
Ekstraklasa top scorer: 2009–10 (18 goals)
Polish Revelation of the Year: 2008
Ekstraklasa Player of the Year: 2009
Polish Player of the Year: 2011

DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Who is Robert Lewandowski  Empty Re: Who is Robert Lewandowski

Post by Juveman17 Sun May 06, 2012 2:44 am

ik who he is my polish friend constantly keeps me up to date on him....hes a great buy and a player who could add alot. We should sign him and another striker/CF and then the rest of the cash should go towards depth for CL
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun May 06, 2012 2:45 am

Who is Robert Lewandowski  Lewandowski-blog

Mario Gomez and Klaas-Jan Huntelaar both have more goals and bigger reputations, but Robert Lewandowski showed against Bayern Munich on Wednesday - and will likely show at Euro 2012 - that he deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as Europe's best strikers.

Few outside of Poland had heard of Lewandowski when he joined Dortmund from Lech Poznan for what looks now like a ridiculously cheap 4.5m euros in 2010. It comes second only as a bargain to the laughable 350,000 euros Dortmund paid for Shinji Kagawa, and while the Japan international has already attracted Europe-wide interest from some of the continent's biggest fish, it won't be long before Lewandowski is on the wanted lists of quality purveyors of coaching everywhere, if he isn't already.

"Pace, two-footedness, a strong header of the ball, and exceptional technique," are the qualities Juergen Klopp has highlighted in his leading goalscorer, and were it not for Gomez's four penalties this season and Huntelaar's six, Lewandowski would be even closer to picking up the Bundesliga's top scorer crown. His polished display against Bayern was in stark contrast to the anonymous performance of Gomez, and shows why the Pole should be considered alongside - if not above - the likes of the top-flight's current leading scorer as he brings so much to Dortmund's game.

GOALS: Lewandowski clearly knows where the goal is. Already top scorer in the Polish top flight in helping Lech to the title in 2010, eight goals in 15 starts last season was a reasonable return, but 20 in 30 this season is remarkable. The first Dortmund player to reach the 20-goal mark in a Bundesliga season since Stephane Chapuisat in 1991-92, Lewandowski scored and struck the woodwork twice in just four shots against Bayern, while his goals this season have come from 52 strikes on goal - Gomez's, by comparison, from 47, Huntelaar's 48.

MOVEMENT AND TOUCH: Gomez has certainly worked hard on this aspect of his game this season, drawing praise from Jupp Heynckes for doing so, but Lewandowski still remains superior in this regard and the equal of Huntelaar. His touch is often wonderfully assured, while his intelligent movement allows Kagawa, Kuba et al to look good when their through balls find him. "I was in the right place," was Lewandowski's humble appraisal of his improvised flick beyond Manuel Neuer, though it's safe to say that it is unlikely Gomez, for one, would have been able to score such a goal. Eight assists - the same as Huntelaar, and far in advance of Gomez's three - point to a selfless streak that dovetails perfectly with Jürgen Klopp's 4-2-3-1 formation, which needs a lone striker who can hold the ball up and bring in the attacking midfielders behind him, something Lewandowski does better than Lucas Barrios, who got six assists with his 16 goals last season. Klopp's decision to play Lewandowski as a second striker last season, and not to use Barrios in that role, speaks volumes.

INDUSTRY: More than the backheels to tee-up shooting opportunities for others, and the lay-offs to team-mates to retain possession, Lewandowski works incredibly hard for the team. Even in stoppage time against Bayern, the Pole was chasing back to dispossess Arjen Robben, epitomising the bust-a-gut spirit that has taken Dortmund to one - and almost two - Bundesliga titles.

Robert Lewandowski in action for Poland

His exploits are all the more remarkable given that this is only Lewandowski's second season in the Bundesliga, and that he would not have even been first-choice for Klopp but for Barrios's injury at last summer's Copa America. Aged just 23, Lewandowski is three years Gomez's junior and five years younger than Huntelaar, and so still has a lot of time to improve. It will be interesting, however, to see how he handles the greater expectation that will no doubt be piled on to him ahead of next season.

A further worry for Klopp and Dortmund fans is that Lewandowski has not yet been tied down to a contract beyond his current deal through to 2014. "We're disappointed by the offer," foolhardily announced Cezary Kucharski, Lewandowski's agent, on Polish TV recently after Dortmund had proposed an improved deal. Kucharski received a swift public reprimand from the club for making his dissatisfaction public.

His client merely declared: "I don't know anything about an offer or the figures involved…all I'm interested in for the moment is the Bundesliga and EURO 2012." Bayern are already counting the cost of that single-mindedness; some of the continent's footballing heavyweights may be doing likewise come June.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun May 06, 2012 2:50 am

The article above ^ is amazing
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sun May 06, 2012 2:54 am

DeviAngel wrote:The article above ^ is amazing

very true we should definitely get him
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun May 06, 2012 3:11 am

With Lucas Barrios on the way to China, I think that Dortmund will move heaven and hell to keep Robert Lewandowski, so I think it will be more difficult to get him than the comment of Lewandowski's agent makes it seem.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sun May 06, 2012 3:22 am

rwo power wrote:With Lucas Barrios on the way to China, I think that Dortmund will move heaven and hell to keep Robert Lewandowski, so I think it will be more difficult to get him than the comment of Lewandowski's agent makes it seem.

????/why would he go to china? its not like hes 35 + years old
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun May 06, 2012 3:27 am

juveman17 wrote:
rwo power wrote:With Lucas Barrios on the way to China, I think that Dortmund will move heaven and hell to keep Robert Lewandowski, so I think it will be more difficult to get him than the comment of Lewandowski's agent makes it seem.
Because he got a 4 year contract at Guangzhou Evergrande with 7mio/year?
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sun May 06, 2012 3:55 am

rwo power wrote:
juveman17 wrote:

Shocked thats alot of money
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun May 06, 2012 4:13 am

juveman17 wrote:
rwo power wrote:
juveman17 wrote:
Shocked thats alot of money
Exactly. And he was benched by Lewandowski most of last season, so he decided to venture to some new pastures. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Sun May 06, 2012 5:12 am

I doubt he'll want to leave Dortmund unless his place in the team is threatened...
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Sun May 06, 2012 8:14 am

I think you should try getting any of these players: Higuain, Falcao, or Dzeko.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Sun May 06, 2012 8:30 am

Cavani and Jovetic. And were set.
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Sun May 06, 2012 12:13 pm

I say we should sign Jovetic for CF and Kagawa for SS. Kagawa will come relatively cheap and Jovetic is the youngest CF with that sort of potential/current abilities out there right now. The system Conte is playing requires skill in terms of technique, pace and dribbling skills. Those are the qualities of both Jovetic and Kagawa and the reason a

Kagawa, Jovetic, Vucinic

- frontline would be more then possible next season. F Dortmund decides to sell Lucas Barrios as mentioned above the Lewandowski deal could prove very expensive for Juventus and if it's a direct choice between Jovetic and Lewandowski for that CF position I have no doubt going for Jovetic.
Kagawa is a very young and very solid SS who could come very usefull as he also runs a lot for the ball. Not to forget his current form and amount of top-games with Dortmund.
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun May 06, 2012 2:00 pm

The Barrios transfer is already a done deal, so Lewandowski is the only top striker they have atm.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Sun May 06, 2012 2:24 pm

nah Juve need a BIG amazing signing at striker, not a good one. good signings are needed in other positions for depth.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Sun May 06, 2012 3:43 pm

zarola wrote:nah Juve need a BIG amazing signing at striker, not a good one. good signings are needed in other positions for depth.

Well. It's kind of a mix for me. I don't want us to sign a proven 27/28-year old to do good for a season or two, i want someone for the rest of their career. If Lewandowski is a good striker for Dortmund and Dortmund is a fellow champion-team in Germany then Lewandowski might not be bad at all. First of all because he is only 23, turning 24 this this summer so he'll be able to play for us for many years to come.

Age is another factor in the pursuit of signing a top striker! We need someone good AND young. David Villa is good, not young for an example and so i dont believe he is the man for us.

jovetic is currently BOMBING for the viola and he is 22 years old!!! Higuain is killa but he is VERY expensive now that RM doesn't intend to sell him after all. Dzeko is going for the money only and showed no heart at all when we offered him a contract two years ago. Lewandowski and Jovetic are almost world class and they both play in minor clubs, meaning we could sign not only their services but also their heart!! Heart

...... Like we did with Vidal :bow:
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun May 06, 2012 3:54 pm

LWL91 wrote:Lewandowski and Jovetic are almost world class and they both play in minor clubs, meaning we could sign not only their services but also their heart!! Heart
I object against calling an 8-time German champion who just won back-to-back championships in the BL and who has an average attendance at home in their stadium of 80.000+ a "minor club" Very Happy

Last edited by rwo power on Sun May 06, 2012 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun May 06, 2012 3:55 pm

rwo power wrote:
LWL91 wrote:Lewandowski and Jovetic are almost world class and they both play in minor clubs, meaning we could sign not only their services but also their heart!! Heart
I object against calling an 8-time German champion who just won back-to-back championships in the BL a "minor club" Very Happy

Lewandowski will be chased by top EU clubs Smile
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun May 06, 2012 3:58 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
rwo power wrote:I object against calling an 8-time German champion who just won back-to-back championships in the BL a "minor club" Very Happy
Dortmund already was at the very top (CL, CWC...) and you are fortunate to witness their return into the limelight atm Very Happy
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun May 06, 2012 4:02 pm

rwo power wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:
rwo power wrote:I object against calling an 8-time German champion who just won back-to-back championships in the BL a "minor club" Very Happy
Dortmund already was at the very top (CL, CWC...) and you are fortunate to witness their return into the limelight atm Very Happy

I know I remember what Dortmund was doing in EU esp against my Juve. Tbh we underestimated them...
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Sun May 06, 2012 4:07 pm

rwo power wrote:
I object against calling an 8-time German champion who just won back-to-back championships in the BL and who has an average attendance at home in their stadium of 80.000+ a "minor club" Very Happy

Sorry about that. But we both know the 80.000+ stadium only exists because of the European nations cup in Germany. Dortmund is a top club yes but i doubt anyone will oppose when i claim Juventus is bigger then Dortmund. That is basically what i meant.
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun May 06, 2012 5:02 pm

LWL91 wrote:Sorry about that. But we both know the 80.000+ stadium only exists because of the European nations cup in Germany. Dortmund is a top club yes but i doubt anyone will oppose when i claim Juventus is bigger then Dortmund. That is basically what i meant.
My point is - an 80 000 audience stadium needs to be filled - and Dortmund manage to practically sell out every home match, showing that they have a very solid, large fanbase.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun May 06, 2012 5:08 pm

But yeah, he was a good player with horrible finishing. This season he fixed his finished and became a great player.

Dortmund ain't selling, though. They seem to be following the hardass way when it comes to transfers, even cockblocking and outsmarting Bayern when it comes to transfers (cockblocked Hummels, sealed off Reus mid-season).

Juventus is bigger than Dortmund historically, sure. But lately I'd put them both at similar levels. Juve back in the CL would give Juve an advantage.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Sun May 06, 2012 5:49 pm

Sushi Master wrote:But yeah, he was a good player with horrible finishing. This season he fixed his finished and became a great player.

Dortmund ain't selling, though. They seem to be following the hardass way when it comes to transfers, even cockblocking and outsmarting Bayern when it comes to transfers (cockblocked Hummels, sealed off Reus mid-season).

Juventus is bigger than Dortmund historically, sure. But lately I'd put them both at similar levels. Juve back in the CL would give Juve an advantage.

Who is Robert Lewandowski  Football-best-selling-shirts

Solely to determine the popularity of a football club. And this is in the years of 2005-2009 (not the best years of Juventus as you know). End of discussion.
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next