Is it me or 4 2 3 1 suits Roma more than 4 3 1 2

3 posters

Go down

Is it me or 4 2 3 1 suits Roma more than 4 3 1 2 Empty Is it me or 4 2 3 1 suits Roma more than 4 3 1 2

Post by Tifoso Romanista Thu May 10, 2012 2:28 am

----------Stek
Rosi---Kjaer--Heinze-Taddei
------De rossi--Gago
Pjanic------Totti-----Lamela/marquinho
-----------Osvaldo

and it doesn't have anything to do With any game
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Is it me or 4 2 3 1 suits Roma more than 4 3 1 2 Empty Re: Is it me or 4 2 3 1 suits Roma more than 4 3 1 2

Post by Patrick Bateman Thu May 10, 2012 2:33 am

It worked well last season in Montella's short spell with us,though to play that formation now we would have to rely heavily on Totti.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Is it me or 4 2 3 1 suits Roma more than 4 3 1 2 Empty Re: Is it me or 4 2 3 1 suits Roma more than 4 3 1 2

Post by ErPupone Fri May 11, 2012 8:07 pm

Patrick Bateman wrote:It worked well last season in Montella's short spell with us,though to play that formation now we would have to rely heavily on Totti.

So that would mean nothing changes compared to this season lol.

All in all, I don't focus on 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-1-2 as I've said many times. It's all about how it's implemented and which players you use where. Defensively, in the most basic form, De Rossi would move over and be accompanied by another midfielder. A third midfielder would line up slightly in front of them, centrally. But compared to our current 4-3-1-2, it's not all that different since Gago naturally plays deeper than Pjanic.

Offensively, not much changes either. Totti drops back, wingers/ strikers attack from wide positions, cutting inwards whenever Totti eyes one of their runs. The only big change would be that De Rossi will be once again accompanied by someone like Gago in directing play. In this case, Gago won't be venturing too far forward, which means that Pjanic will have to do a lot more running.

Ideally this would be the best lineup imo

Gago De Rossi
Borini Pjanic Lamela
Totti

If this doesn't work due to a lack of movement centrally, then Marquinho in for Pjanic. If we need a physical presence, one of the wide men out for Osvaldo.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Fri May 11, 2012 8:29 pm

Yeah true that lol but this year he will be 36,he's not the Totti he was a few years ago under Spalletti also what if he gets injured the whole formation goes out the window,that would be my only worry.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Sat May 12, 2012 12:03 am

hmm Osvaldo is Central Forward there fore he can go for Totti and totti drops back as a Attacking mid , Pjanic can play as a winger/Attacking Mid also boriello /lamela , the main changes in Osvaldo positioning he is not the best as a winger/forward , he is like Zlatan that has to be facing the goal
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat May 12, 2012 5:09 am

Sorano Totti wrote: hmm Osvaldo is Central Forward there fore he can go for Totti and totti drops back as a Attacking mid , Pjanic can play as a winger/Attacking Mid also boriello /lamela , the main changes in Osvaldo positioning he is not the best as a winger/forward , he is like Zlatan that has to be facing the goal

I thought you liked the Spalletti style. hmm

Pjanic is better in a central position, he hasn't played wide that much. He's best when he's always involved, picking up central positions and being in the center of our buildup.

Dropping Totti back into attacking mid and having Pjanic on one side and Lamela on the other is a straight up call for disaster. If we couldn't defend with Enrique's style, imagine with this. De Rossi and Gago would have way too much ground to cover and we be exposed all over.

And I don't understand why you say Borriello could play in one of those advanced midfield positions but not Osvaldo. There's not much difference between the two in all honesty. Osvaldo would naturally stay further up than someone like Marquinho, Pjanic or Lamela (once again, best to keep our focus on the player's characteristics). But either way, he does work hard and back track when he has to, so this isn't really an issue. With Totti naturally dropping back, Pjanic shifting over and one of Lamela and Borini dropping into space, Osvaldo would be free to make a run into the area and use his physicality to make himself dangerous.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Sat May 12, 2012 5:22 am

ErPupone wrote:
Sorano Totti wrote: hmm Osvaldo is Central Forward there fore he can go for Totti and totti drops back as a Attacking mid , Pjanic can play as a winger/Attacking Mid also boriello /lamela , the main changes in Osvaldo positioning he is not the best as a winger/forward , he is like Zlatan that has to be facing the goal

I thought you liked the Spalletti style. hmm

Pjanic is better in a central position, he hasn't played wide that much. He's best when he's always involved, picking up central positions and being in the center of our buildup.

Dropping Totti back into attacking mid and having Pjanic on one side and Lamela on the other is a straight up call for disaster. If we couldn't defend with Enrique's style, imagine with this. De Rossi and Gago would have way too much ground to cover and we be exposed all over.

And I don't understand why you say Borriello could play in one of those advanced midfield positions but not Osvaldo. There's not much difference between the two in all honesty. Osvaldo would naturally stay further up than someone like Marquinho, Pjanic or Lamela (once again, best to keep our focus on the player's characteristics). But either way, he does work hard and back track when he has to, so this isn't really an issue. With Totti naturally dropping back, Pjanic shifting over and one of Lamela and Borini dropping into space, Osvaldo would be free to make a run into the area and use his physicality to make himself dangerous.

Yeah the difference between Osvaldo and borriello is that Osvaldo is a Lazy Bastard but borriello lacks quality but gives as much as he can to the team , Osvaldo has physical presence but he wont do anything to use that in favor of the team , he plays pretty much every time he wants to play and thats that . Enriques problem was not at attacking third nor the players he has serie A teams sit back and counter and he plays with defence up high , the only result is a through pass and someone eventually breaks the offside line and scores , giaccherini run was the clear example , Playing with defence up high in serie A is a suicide
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat May 12, 2012 5:33 am

Didn't you like Spalletti? He had a high line too, with both full backs attacking simultaneously.

And don't even try blaming this all on Enrique and not on the players. Our defense is shit... sorry, its unfit shit, not even shit in good physical condition.

And Osvaldo is not lazy. As long as he's motivated, he'll cover ground. Heck, he even defends on corners. When he's on his game, he always goes back on the left flank to press the opposition. You might not like the guy, he has his faults, but its only fair to give him credit for what he does properly.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Sat May 12, 2012 5:40 am

Is it me or 4 2 3 1 suits Roma more than 4 3 1 2 AbCDegcab8
this with the intend to be like this
Is it me or 4 2 3 1 suits Roma more than 4 3 1 2 Barca-inter-1

but we are not facing messi so there is no need for chivu , and he used Stancovic there some times

Edit : Mourinho has a bad personality but he is a good tactician
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat May 12, 2012 5:47 am

Sorano Totti wrote:Is it me or 4 2 3 1 suits Roma more than 4 3 1 2 AbCDegcab8

but we are not facing messi so there is no need for chivu , and he used Stancovic there some times

Wow. Heinze is not Lucio, Kjaer is definitely not the Samuel you usually preach, Rosi and Taddei are not at all Zanetti and Maicon. This is just way too simple.

And yea, this lineup was able to beat Barcelona. But does that mean it's unbeatable? No. And once again, can we stop focusing simply on this 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 business in terms of labels, it all has to do with who you're playing where.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Sat May 12, 2012 5:55 am

ErPupone wrote:
Sorano Totti wrote:Is it me or 4 2 3 1 suits Roma more than 4 3 1 2 AbCDegcab8

Wow. Heinze is not Lucio, Kjaer is definitely not the Samuel you usually preach, Rosi and Taddei are not at all Zanetti and Maicon. This is just way too simple.

And yea, this lineup was able to beat Barcelona. But does that mean it's unbeatable? No. And once again, can we stop focusing simply on this 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 business in terms of labels, it all has to do with who you're playing where.

I agree with what you are saying about " it all has to do with who you're playing where. " but i also saw borini made an absolute Dummy of Samuel , or Novara made them look like nothing players but you saw them against Milan (not as far as the formation) , and there is also something else we had Juan before injury and he is still a decent defender and even Kjaer once be used in a physical play we will thrive as he did
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat May 12, 2012 6:13 am

^ But now you're comparing a Champions League winning Inter to an Inter that hit its lowest point in morale in years, huge difference between the two.

As for Juan, his fitness is just so unpredictable that he can't be relied on anymore in my opinion. And Kjaer has to regain his confidence and fast if he wants to stay with us which is easier said than done. He had all season to bounce back from that red card in the derby but failed to do so convincingly.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Sat May 12, 2012 6:19 am

Now i have to Remind you that its not Football Managers its all goes to the confidence and the ability of the Manager to Motivate his team , They are Human being not machines .
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat May 12, 2012 6:24 am

Sorano Totti wrote:Now i have to Remind you that its not Football Managers its all goes to the confidence and the ability of the Manager to Motivate his team , They are Human being not machines .

I don't get it, what's your point?

Inter won the Champions League in 2010, but failed to improve their squad since then, went through 5 coaches and has an aging core of players. That was enough to knock them down a few spots in the table and the constant musical chairs of managers destroyed moral. But I don't get what you're trying to say there.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Sat May 12, 2012 6:25 am

:bball: Even though you might dislike it here it what happened t Enrique , In the game Vs Juventus he gave up and in the game Vs Fiorentina he said that he wants to resign , I never liked him and i dont like Quitter it only shows Weak personality
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Sat May 12, 2012 6:31 am

ErPupone wrote:
Sorano Totti wrote:Now i have to Remind you that its not Football Managers its all goes to the confidence and the ability of the Manager to Motivate his team , They are Human being not machines .

Inter won the Champions League in 2010, but failed to improve their squad since then, went through 5 coaches and has an aging core of players. That was enough to knock them down a few spots in the table and the constant musical chairs of managers destroyed moral. But I don't get what you're trying to say there.

My point is obvious i dont see why you cant get it , or do you think its easy to play with 10 men Vs Barcelona , It must be stressful as hell , or Roma were almost a champion till the last game , its the human system either you have to build a winner attitude in yourself or you lose , its as easy as that , i think we could have done a lot better
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat May 12, 2012 6:38 am

Sorano Totti wrote: :bball: Even though you might dislike it here it what happened t Enrique , In the game Vs Juventus he gave up and in the game Vs Fiorentina he said that he wants to resign , I never liked him and i dont like Quitter it only shows Weak personality

We're all very much aware that you don't like him, but what does that have to do with anything here?

And if that's weak personality to you, then Spalletti and Ranieri had weak personalities too. Spalletti resigned after two games, while Ranieri resigned after a 4-3 defeat to Genoa. Guardiola resigned as well, so he's weak too? Capello resigned from the England post because of an argument with their FA, was he weak in that situation too?

Sorano Totti wrote:
ErPupone wrote:

My point is obvious i dont see why you cant get it , or do you think its easy to play with 10 men Vs Barcelona , It must be stressful as hell , or Roma were almost a champion till the last game , its the human system either you have to build a winner attitude in yourself or you lose , its as easy as that , i think we could have done a lot better

I understand that and I agree with you, but I don't see how Inter vs. Barcelona relates to us, I don't see how we got here. You open a topic saying a 4-2-3-1 is better than a 4-3-1-2 and then you go onto this, meaning you don't think the formation is the only problem. Yes it's about having a winning mentality, that's part of it as well. It's a whole combination of things that cannot be simplified into one easy to remember formula, so pointing to the formation is too easy. Pointing to a fault in the coach's judgement is also too easy to diagnose the problem of a whole team.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Sat May 12, 2012 6:50 am

I got there because you started criticizing our players and you said there is no difference , Spalletti couldn't get what he wanted and he got frustrated but Enrique know that if he stays they are going to add to the squad and thats at least what we hope for , dont compare like that its cruel

the other thing was to get two full backs going up and leaving us with two defenders and leaving De rossi out for being Late?

not even that i'm saying heinze , Juan and Kjaer could work for us in this system with the right manager and mentality
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Sat May 12, 2012 7:01 am

Very Happy I almost forgot Ranieri , he is known as a manager that can help struggling teams but after the team got in the right track he is pretty much useless , he repeated that in Inter too
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat May 12, 2012 7:05 am

Sorano Totti wrote:I got there because you started criticizing our players and you said there is no difference , Spalletti couldn't get what he wanted and he got frustrated but Enrique know that if he stays they are going to add to the squad and thats at least what we hope for , dont compare like that its cruel

the other thing was to get two full backs going up and leaving us with two defenders and leaving De rossi out for being Late?

not even that i'm saying heinze , Juan and Kjaer could work for us in this system with the right manager and mentality

Let me clear this up. I criticized our players, yes, because with what we have it's impossible to be completely solid defensively while maintaining that attacking mentality. Even a great coach like Capello wouldn't be able to work with Taddei and Angel as LB's, let's be honest here.

I don't blame Enrique for wanting to leave. He's been treated completely like shit, from journalists to certain fans. He came here for a long term project, an idea that was praised one year ago, but an idea that was completely abandoned by journalists and fans alike once things started to get shaky. That's completely unfair if you ask me. And I only brought up Spalletti to counter your point. Remember Spalletti at Old Trafford sitting behind that brick wall staring down? That was giving up completely, more so than Enrique has ever done. Don't get me wrong, I liked Spalletti, but I'll criticize him too if I find it fair.

The attacking full backs, would work wonders if we would invest in someone like Armero who's capable of covering a flank completely. An unfit Rosi and unexperienced Angel have difficulty doing that consistently. But, this is an idea that Enrique wanted to bring forward and we are going to invest in those areas. And like I said before, this is also something that Spalletti did, with Cicinho, Panucci, Cassetti, Tonetto, Riise, etc always attacking together.

And as for De Rossi's sitting out against Atalanta, that's a coach with a huge pair of you know what. He has his rules and demands they be respected. Did I think he was extreme? Yes. But he stuck by his rules and I respect him for doing that. Actually, that's one of Enrique's biggest accomplishments; the setting and maintaining of an ethical code and his fair play attitude, not once criticizing referees, though this is getting really off topic.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat May 12, 2012 7:06 am

And Ranieri deserves more than what he's got. I think that scudetto two years ago would have been very much deserved.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Sat May 12, 2012 7:17 am

Never say impossible m8t , Di matteo played with no centre back against Barcelona (i know its not related) but the purpose is using what you have

He had the support from Mnagment , thats what matters , ist it logical that fans and media turns against you after 3 defeat , yes its possible we are not living in fairytales , did he expect fans to cheer for him after a loss at home , watch Man city game and see how they all leave the stadium , I remember Motta that he did well for us or even boriello , yes we did have mexes and risse but i believe that Kjaer is also has potential , look at wenger for example didn't they lose 8-2 t man united , didn't Wenger got under question mark , the management were only behind him even after 6 years trophy-less and the whole squad change

was it an accomplishment ? didn't we have red cards after that ? that was act of stupidity rather than accomplishment , he even tried to say I cant put totti out because fans dont like him and compared with messi , i want to see him put messi out and lose with 4 goals , they will hand his arse to him
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down