dostoevsky
The_ItalianFool
Zealous
S
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pick your vote.

Who Serie A's player of  the season ? Vote_lcap15%Who Serie A's player of  the season ? Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 6 ]
Who Serie A's player of  the season ? Vote_lcap64%Who Serie A's player of  the season ? Vote_rcap 64% 
[ 25 ]
Who Serie A's player of  the season ? Vote_lcap5%Who Serie A's player of  the season ? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
Who Serie A's player of  the season ? Vote_lcap0%Who Serie A's player of  the season ? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who Serie A's player of  the season ? Vote_lcap10%Who Serie A's player of  the season ? Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 4 ]
Who Serie A's player of  the season ? Vote_lcap0%Who Serie A's player of  the season ? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who Serie A's player of  the season ? Vote_lcap5%Who Serie A's player of  the season ? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 39

Who Serie A's player of  the season ? Empty Who Serie A's player of the season ?

Post by S Mon May 14, 2012 12:29 pm

End of the season awards..Pick who you thought was this year's best and most decisive player in Serie A.

I know it was picked from Goal.com but it would be nice to have a poll for every league on here as well..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Who Serie A's player of  the season ? Empty Re: Who Serie A's player of the season ?

Post by Zealous Mon May 14, 2012 12:30 pm

It's between Zlatan and Vidal/Pirlo imo.

:bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Who Serie A's player of  the season ? Empty Re: Who Serie A's player of the season ?

Post by The_ItalianFool Mon May 14, 2012 12:34 pm

It's obviously Pirlo in my opinion.

Had Milan won the scudetto I might say Ibra, but Pirlo has been the heart of this Juve side. Played every game, and was the architect behind virtually every good display. Showed why he is the best deep lying play maker in the world. Also, his ability to retain possession has never been on display more.

GOAT

Last edited by The_ItalianFool on Mon May 14, 2012 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon May 14, 2012 12:34 pm

To the dude who voted for the OTHER option , i am curious to know who your choice for Serie A player of the season is.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon May 14, 2012 12:39 pm

Surag wrote:To the dude who voted for the OTHER option , i am curious to know who your choice for Serie A player of the season is.
It wasn't me, however if I was to choose a player from outside the list it would likely be Barzagli. Though who knows, it could have been rwo voting for Gigi. Razz

I'm torn between the same three options as Zealous and I'm conscious of the fact that I am naturally biased towards a Milan player, though I do believe that given it is an individual award that the scudetto should not count against Zlatan. For his consistency though I'd present the award to Pirlo, it was a master class of a season.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon May 14, 2012 12:42 pm

Voting for Pirlo would make a lot of sense. He was massive.

But I felt Ibra was more of an "MVP" if that makes sense.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 14, 2012 12:42 pm

it darts me to say this but also happy at the same time for pirlo, its pirlo who has been really incredible this season. not just assists, but consistency, professionalism, he has found really a new motivation elsewhere that allegri deprived him of.

great player, definitely the best this season in serie a.

i was very mixed, with di natale and pirlo, di natale single hand put udinese to CL. what a player! not to mention world class performance consistently every game, every season!!

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon May 14, 2012 12:45 pm

dostoevsky wrote:
Surag wrote:To the dude who voted for the OTHER option , i am curious to know who your choice for Serie A player of the season is.
It wasn't me, however if I was to choose a player from outside the list it would likely be Barzagli. Though who knows, it could have been rwo voting for Gigi. Razz

I'm torn between the same three options as Zealous and I'm conscious of the fact that I am naturally biased towards a Milan player, though I do believe that given it is an individual award that the scudetto should not count against Zlatan. For his consistency though I'd present the award to Pirlo, it was a master class of a season.

Had i put Barzagli in this list ,people would call me biased..So tried to be a bit unbiased..He has certainly been one of the most consistent players in Serie A this season.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon May 14, 2012 12:48 pm

Zealous wrote:Voting for Pirlo would make a lot of sense. He was massive.

I definitely know what you mean, he was a pillar of strength in a squad that was struggling to stay together for so long. It's easy to be swayed by the spectacle of such a striker, however the more obvious nature of the troughs in form of a front man do balance this out when reviewing a whole season.

Ideally I prefer to discuss the best forward, midfielder, defender and goalkeeper so as to sufficiently recognise the influence of each, otherwise too often the dirty work in defence that wins titles gets ignored.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon May 14, 2012 12:49 pm

Di Natale or Ibra, both scored so many goals for their teams. Udinese especially would not have CL football next season if they didn't have Di Natale.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon May 14, 2012 12:51 pm

dostoevsky wrote:
Zealous wrote:Voting for Pirlo would make a lot of sense. He was massive.

I definitely know what you mean, he was a pillar of strength in a squad that was struggling to stay together for so long. It's easy to be swayed by the spectacle of such a striker, however the more obvious nature of the troughs in form of a front man do balance this out when reviewing a whole season.

Ideally I prefer to discuss the best forward, midfielder, defender and goalkeeper so as to sufficiently recognise the influence of each, otherwise too often the dirty work in defence that wins titles gets ignored.

Fully agree.

But there can only be one in the end Twisted Evil

Razz
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 14, 2012 12:52 pm

Pirlo for me

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon May 14, 2012 12:52 pm

Ibra
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon May 14, 2012 12:53 pm

di natale
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Mon May 14, 2012 12:57 pm

Art Morte wrote:Di Natale or Ibra, both scored so many goals for their teams. Udinese especially would not have CL football next season if they didn't have Di Natale.

This leads me to believe that you think scoring goals is the most important thing, and that is what the criteria of this poll should be based on. That is the most important thing for a striker maybe, but not any player.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Mon May 14, 2012 12:58 pm

Zlatan is the best player in Serie A, however Pirlo is the player most deserving, but not the most decisive ..no that award goes to Roberto Romagnoli

Who Serie A's player of  the season ? U-mad-troll-face-c20ad4d76fe97759aa27a0c99bff6710-5
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon May 14, 2012 1:07 pm

No question its Pirlo for me..He is the reason behind the transformation of this Juventus team..MOM perfomances every odd game and did not put a foot wrong this season especially considering the fact that he was coming back of a injury ravaged season and no one expected him to create this big of an impact.He has well and truly proved all the doubters and haters wrong that he is still one of the best in his position.

People also forget that in the games which he dint start ,we were struggling big time and basically ran out of ideas(the game against Cesena in the 1st half of the season for example)

His immense contribution to the team translated into success in terms of trophies..And Zlatan despite arguably his best season in his career could not guide his team to the Scudetto this year.I think this is what tips it in the favor of Pirlo for me in the end..

Pirlo for me was this year's best and most decisive player in Serie A.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon May 14, 2012 1:43 pm

It's a really close call . Pirlo was indeed extraordinary this season , transformed Juventus into a real force with him in the middle , but Ibrahimovic on the other , had his best season in his career and was threat n.1 in every single Serie A match ..

Perhaps i will vote for Pirlo , because being the most important player for a team which hasn't lost for a single season , well , it may be enough . On the other hand , Ibrahimovic IS our attack and the capocanonniere of Serie A , not to mention in how many stadiums his goals brought us the 3 points.

The question for me is , who was more vital for his team , after they both were the most important players for their teams. In the end , i guess it's Pirlo because his task of controling games and creating the circumstances for an unbeaten side to stay unbeaten , is something you don't see any day.

Pirlo it is , but right at the edge.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon May 14, 2012 1:48 pm

Pirlo easily.

He's been the heartbeat of this incredible Juventus side. Take him out of the equation and they just don't look as good and probably would not have won as many games as they ended up winning. He's been just as crucial to them as Ibra was for Milan or Di Natale for Udinese, but what sets Pirlo apart from these two is that he has maintained fitness the whole season and has not been disciplined as well. He's simply proved more reliable in the long run then even I thought he could be.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon May 14, 2012 1:52 pm

1. Pirlo
2. Ibra
3. Di Natale

The rest of the options don't really come close to these three players.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Mon May 14, 2012 1:55 pm

Pirlo...most assist & a title
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon May 14, 2012 2:09 pm

It's Pirlo.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon May 14, 2012 2:58 pm

I'd vote for Gigi. He was in the goal of the best defense in the European top leagues after all.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon May 14, 2012 3:04 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:1. Pirlo
2. Ibra
3. Di Natale

The rest of the options don't really come close to these three players.

Honourable mentions to Nocerino , Cavani and Silva , all of them had a great season overall .

They aren't that far behind imho
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon May 14, 2012 3:10 pm

dostoevsky wrote:Though who knows, it could have been rwo voting for Gigi. Razz

rwo power wrote:I'd vote for Gigi. He was in the goal of the best defense in the European top leagues after all.

Called it. Razz
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next