kuhcaoster
Twoism
Sri
70 posters

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

RvP Contract Talks - Page 2 Empty Re: RvP Contract Talks

Post by Juveman17 Thu May 17, 2012 10:08 pm

RVP: “I’ve received many Proposals to leave Arsenal, but my Heart speaks louder and will not let me Leave.”

looks like hes staying

Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Thu May 17, 2012 10:09 pm

but thats a facebook page but idk if its true hope it is
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri May 18, 2012 12:08 am

juveman17 wrote:RVP: “I’ve received many Proposals to leave Arsenal, but my Heart speaks louder and will not let me Leave.”

looks like hes staying

Link? Coulda sworn I've heard that quote from him before, maybe before this season started.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri May 18, 2012 12:15 am

He said something similar when he signed his last contract with us a couple of years ago. Something along the lines of "I can't imagine myself wearing another shirt". It's probably the same quote. Something like that would be all over the papers if he actually said it.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri May 18, 2012 12:20 am

You twonks got my hopes sky high there Sad
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri May 18, 2012 12:23 am

True, the news would be everywhere by now if so. Well he's training for Euros now so I guess we won't hear anything for a few days at least.

edit: Very Happy got excited too when I first read Juvemans' post
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri May 18, 2012 1:55 am

Vieira warns Arsenal to keep Van Persie at all costs or risk further high profile departures

The Frenchman said: ‘It's really difficult to find players of the quality of Robin van Persie with one year left all around the world.

‘I think losing Samir Nasri and Cesc Fabregas last year was a big shock for Arsenal. For the fans, for the people who love Arsenal.

‘I think if they lose Robin van Persie this year it will be a drama. With Samir and Cesc you can say “OK, those two are gone but behind you know that there is Wilshere and Van Persie still at the club”.

‘But if Robin leaves that means next year it may be Theo Walcott, next year's going to be Wilshere, it's going to be difficult for Arsenal to keep the top players.
On the other side if they keep Robin they're going to send a positive message to all the clubs and to all the people around and I think it's really important to keep him.’

According to Vieira the only way Arsenal can get him to stay is to convince him they can end their seven-year trophy drought.

The 35-year-old added: ‘Robin wants to win trophies. He wants to win. Arsenal have to show him he can do it with Arsenal. The best way for them to get him to sign a contract is to bring players to the club who can show him that the club are in the same line as him.

‘It's really important because we know how Robin loves Arsenal that's not the question, the question is how Arsene Wenger will convince Robin they can win trophies.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2145995/Patrick-Vieira-warns-Arsenal-Robin-van-Persie-costs-risk-high-profile-departures.html#ixzz1vB7ULyiV
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 18, 2012 2:03 am

u guys should keep RVP... cant imagine where he fits elsewhere, arsenal is just alright for him, only that wenger should promise him that he will make squad competitive enough to fight for EPL win and CL respectable position. i think thats where the stumbling situation is, i cant see robin having problems with money or bonus, its pretty clear he wants the club to be very competitive.

thats wenger and club directors responsibility frankly...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri May 18, 2012 2:14 am

Umm.. What makes Viera an expert on the issue? The fact that he works for Man City now, who are always interested in any player in an Arsenal shirt? And Daily Fail is the newspaper. I just can't see how it is any of his business. Reminds me of a quote -> Opinons are like arseholes. Everyone has one, but not all are clean or desireable.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri May 18, 2012 3:49 am

I really wish Vieira would shut the f*ck up.

Forget his legacy or whatever, he's starting to really piss me off
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri May 18, 2012 3:55 am

Lex wrote:I really wish Vieira would shut the f*ck up.

Forget his legacy or whatever, he's starting to really piss me off

I agree with you mate.

I could never understand how he chose to work at City when he also had an offer from us, considering the legendary status he had at the hearts of Arsenal fans. I can only think money. Not a load of tosh about a more exciting project. Ca$ri was talked into moving there by him too. And now hes flown to Rennes to chat up M'Vila, according to rumours.

I respected him when he was with us. But now he works for a rival. And I can not respect that. Nor are his recent actions deserving of any adulations from gooners.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri May 18, 2012 3:59 am

Vieira must have really managed his money badly as a player if he chose the City offer.

This RVP fiasco needs to be dealt with ASAP. I do not, at all, trust Wenger or the board with high pressure, high stakes negotiations anymore. The Euros are bullshit. Hell, playing in the Netherlands meant like a 50% chance of injury, back in the day.

Why the frack wait? Maybe he has a shitty Euro and his price goes down a few mil? Maybe he has an awesome run? His price is already sky high, there's not much more celing for that, in the case he wants to leave.

Give him the 180k Mehsri wanted. Sell Denilson, sell Diaby, sell Almunia, sell Vela, sell Bendtner, sell the board's sisters. Make it happen.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Fri May 18, 2012 8:17 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:I wouldn't say van Persie is miles off being a legend. A couple more seasons of 25+ goals and people will look back on him as more than just "that one good player that used to play for us". He's 8th in our all time goalscorers list and only needs 18 goals to go up to fourth. Only Thierry Henry, Ian Wright and Cliff Bastin will have scored more goals if he stays and accomplishes that.

The lack of trophies obviously will go against him, but just be virtue of being one of the club's highest ever goalscorers people will rank him as one of the greatest players this club has ever had. In my opinion, that is, essientially, what a club legend is.
and more than that.. Dont forget his leadership and dedication and the effect he had on his team mates...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri May 18, 2012 8:35 am

@Sushi - 180k p/w is a bit too far mate.. 150k is abt as far as I would go.. Despite all his awesomeness, you have to remm that he has only been injury free for one season.. Heck, Ca$ri had his best season when his deal was up for renewal! Theo just had his best season, as did RvP.

I am not insinuating that this was the only reason why RvP had a great season, and despite what recent reports in media makes you think, I want to believe that RvP is a bigger man than Ca$ri can ever hope to be. And I would say the same for Theo and Song (creative edge found when his contract was due).

My point is simply that we are being crazy idiots when we put ourselves into the one year left situations like we did last summer and burnt our season in the process. If the board did not learn their lessons then, I am really afraid of what is going to happen to this club.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Fri May 18, 2012 2:55 pm

srigooner wrote:@Sushi - 180k p/w is a bit too far mate.. 150k is abt as far as I would go.. Despite all his awesomeness, you have to remm that he has only been injury free for one season.. Heck, Ca$ri had his best season when his deal was up for renewal! Theo just had his best season, as did RvP.

I am not insinuating that this was the only reason why RvP had a great season, and despite what recent reports in media makes you think, I want to believe that RvP is a bigger man than Ca$ri can ever hope to be. And I would say the same for Theo and Song (creative edge found when his contract was due).

My point is simply that we are being crazy idiots when we put ourselves into the one year left situations like we did last summer and burnt our season in the process. If the board did not learn their lessons then, I am really afraid of what is going to happen to this club.

180 isn't too much imo. If he left, he'd still get alot more than that, and it doesn't really set a bad precedent for our wage structure because he has so many qualifiers that warrant that wage. Club captain, true team leader (unlike fabregas), record setting goal scorer, and he's world class, etc.

lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri May 18, 2012 7:20 pm

3rd best player in the world right now in terms of goals. Definitely deserves the bump to 180k
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Fri May 18, 2012 8:08 pm

He def. deserves £180k/wk, but I don't think the board will be happy to let negotiations go that high. It would totally break our wage structure and would see him earning a whopping 80k/wk above anyone else in the team.

If he wants that much, we might as well throw in a massive signing bonus, but I think its important to keep the number at around £150k so other players in the squad don't ask for ridiculous salaries in the future.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Varun_Mainstream Fri May 18, 2012 9:16 pm

I personally think Van persie is waiting for suitors and seeing out his options. He has not decided whether to leave yet or not because if he had, he wouldn't make us or himself wait till after the Euros since he can start an open bidding war now itself if he wants to.

He'll have another one of these talks with Wenger in a month or so, let's see how he reacts then. He has reasons to both stay and leave, it's up to him.
Varun_Mainstream
Varun_Mainstream
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri May 18, 2012 9:36 pm

What RVP is doing is a big gamble, what if he gets injured? than he is going to sign with us? hmm

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat May 19, 2012 2:48 am

This is what he said last time he signed the contract, The Guardian, Saturday 21 February 2009
"Financially the club's last offer is fine but that is not everything to me. It's about my ambitions and how they can be fulfilled in the coming years," Van Persie told the Sun.

"Arsenal have promised me they will do everything possible to make that extra step to a level where we win prizes on a regular basis," he added. "In the last four years I have only had one prize, the FA Cup, and that's not enough."
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Sat May 19, 2012 10:27 am

What da hell is that ! hmm Latest news ! It's OFFICIAL guys ,this is not a joke .
RvP Contract Talks - Page 2 Ca67c18ca7ca107cf992fa1f6d823b8a
thanks 4everything u did to Arsenal ,Robin...good luck with ur NT !
http://www.football.co.uk/arsenal/arsenal_name_robin_van_persie_captain_rss1785568.shtml

I guess i deserve +1 tongue ...why always meeeee..dammit :study: !

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat May 19, 2012 8:41 pm

Is it good for Arsenal that RVP has not signed a contract yet?

I think the reason he has not signed yet is he wants Wenger to bring players in before deciding to sign.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Sat May 19, 2012 10:36 pm

boss wrote:What da hell is that ! hmm Latest news ! It's OFFICIAL guys ,this is not a joke .
RvP Contract Talks - Page 2 Ca67c18ca7ca107cf992fa1f6d823b8a
thanks 4everything u did to Arsenal ,Robin...good luck with ur NT !
http://www.football.co.uk/arsenal/arsenal_name_robin_van_persie_captain_rss1785568.shtml

I guess i deserve +1 tongue ...why always meeeee..dammit :study: !

Look at the date Boss Very Happy
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooner4ever Sun May 20, 2012 6:25 pm

Yes :king: robin van persie signs new contract with arsenal
Gooner4ever