S
che
Rossoneri Ninja
Cassius
Patrick Bateman
52 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Italian Clubs under investigation for match fixing - Page 2 Empty Re: Italian Clubs under investigation for match fixing

Post by SushantInter04 Mon 21 May - 12:26:09

When is the court date?

SushantInter04
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Italian Clubs under investigation for match fixing - Page 2 Empty Conte under investigation for match-fixing

Post by gnrfan Mon 28 May - 9:23:59

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/football/lazio-captain-arrested-and-juventus-coach-under-investigation-over-matchfixing-allegations-7792856.html
gnrfan
gnrfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Italian Clubs under investigation for match fixing - Page 2 Empty Re: Italian Clubs under investigation for match fixing

Post by Art Morte Mon 28 May - 10:03:30

hmm
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon 28 May - 10:06:05

The links to Conte himself seem tenuous at best, and we've already discussed this to an extent however I didn't want to simply lock the thread so I've moved merged this with an appropriate topic which will have life in it in future when more information becomes available.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon 28 May - 10:12:25

Well, the BBC also reports this quite prominently here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18232319

I just hope the Lazio involvment doesn't affect Miroslav Klose (I do not mean that I'd consider him involved, but I fear such an investigation might unsettle people who know others who are involved though).
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon 28 May - 10:29:13

Thank goodness Mauri wasn't selected for the national team. Indeed it's fortunate also that Lazio didn't qualify for the Champions League given the possible disruption to the squad that such an incident might have on their ability to execute their plans for next season and the contentedness of the playing group if this drags out. This might have quite a trivial effect on the club, however it's certainly not a great position to be in.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon 28 May - 10:39:30

Lazio captain Stefano Mauri amongst 19 people arrested for the match-fixing/illegal betting investigation.

Italy national camp frisked by police because of investigation over the illegal betting/match fixing scandal

House of Juventus manager Antonio Conte accessed by police bcs of investigation over the match fixing/illegal betting scandal

Two of the biggest names involved in investigations should be Criscito(actually at Italy camp) and Kaladze,both fmr Genoa

Potentially, if proved (a big IF over there) Antonio Conte sanction could bring until life-ban

Clubs of players involved might be sanctioned because of objective responsability.Specifically,Lazio could be excluded from Europe League

(via @tancredipalmeri)
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon 28 May - 10:41:24

hmm
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by samcooke1991 Mon 28 May - 10:51:01

What is it with Italy and match fixing? The Serie A is still regarded as a top league worldwide despite the numerous times stuff like this has come out. Sure they punished Juventus but they bounced straight back so hardly that severe a punishment/ not really gonna put teams off trying it
samcooke1991
samcooke1991
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : PSG

http://www.oddslife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon 28 May - 11:45:39

Agnelli and Elkann are both intelligent and educated men.I'm sure they wouldnt want the club to land in hot water again.

I'm sure Agnelli would've had a word with Conte on the current Scommesepoli accusations ,otherwise why would they even extend Conte's contract !?

Juventus has got nothing to do with this.We'll wait and see what happens.All Juventus fans are behind Conte atm and we all hope he's cleared of this investigation going on.

I guess this would mean Italy are gonna be European Champions once again !!!
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon 28 May - 11:57:16

Surag wrote:I guess this would mean Italy are gonna be European Champions once again !!!
LOL, this was my first thought, too. "Uh-oh, now the Italians have a reason to pull themselves together and win that thing to make all the home-made scandals forgotten like in 2006..."
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon 28 May - 11:57:52

Goal.com comments ..........:facepalm: its unreadable !

Typical Giancarlo :facepalm:

Also awaiting the return of CroInter :coffee:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by TrezeGent Mon 28 May - 12:38:51

Freaking disgrace!
TrezeGent
TrezeGent
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 May - 13:10:45

We are going to win the Euros banana

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon 28 May - 13:31:41

Criscito officially omitted from Italy squad.

What does this mean then ?

Italy call up PDC or Santon as his replacement ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon 28 May - 13:34:34

Surag wrote:Criscito officially omitted from Italy squad.

What does this mean then ?

Italy call up PDC or Santon as his replacement ?

Shocked That's terrible news, though I guess we just need to focus on a replacement, though it's difficult not to voice my frustration with this.

Personally I'd call up De Ceglie though I'm satisfied with either. Balzaretti better not start.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon 28 May - 13:37:15

Repubblica.it - ​​Juve threatens the Champions!

Scenarios when utopian and discordant from what was said by the prosecutor De Martino during the press conference, those that emerged from an article by Repubblica.it by Fulvio Bianchi. According to the journalist, Juve could be punished by exclusion from the Champions League where Earl should be referred for criminal association (Article 9 of the sporting justice) by the prosecutor Palaces. The latter very soon will start a new series of interviews to clarify the new facts emerged from the Prosecutor of Cremona. Despite the technical allenasse Siena at the time, says Bianchi, Juve could go to trial just as happened for Sampdoria with Bertani (then at Novara) and at Spezia Carobbio with (the accuser of Conte, himself in Siena) and then by regulation not to be entered at the next UEFA Champions League. Indeed, rumors give Juve the footsteps of Pep Guardiola. We always look forward to as evidence, not least considering the many catastrophic scenarios that come out these days on our coach.

GOODNESS GRACIOUS ME !

Cant believe whats going on..Hoping this is just a BS rumor.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon 28 May - 13:40:00

Criscito surprised by raid

The agent of Domenico Criscito is adamant that the player has done nothing wrong after his room at Italy’s Coverciano training base was searched by police.

The Zenit St Petersburg player, formerly of Genoa, was targeted by the authorities as their probe into the betting match fixing scandal gathers pace.

“He’s very calm even if surprised by what has happened,” representative Andrea D’Amico told Sky Sport Italia. “He’s an honest guy.

“All that he did was take part in a meeting with some Genoa fans.”

Criscito’s place at Euro 2012 is now in some doubt given that boss Cesare Prandelli was set to name his 23-man squad later today.

“On a sporting level, he won’t be affected by this,” D’Amico continued. “After all, he knows that he has done nothing wrong and he’s only concentrating on working hard.”

Criscito didn’t take part in Azzurri training this morning.

As part of the same probe, police searched the home of Juventus boss Antonio Conte. According to ANSA, the tactician was out of town at the time of the raid. He has now returned to his residence.

Reports suggest that Prandelli may now cut his 32-man squad to 25 today, before naming his final 23 tomorrow.

Criscito out of Euro 2012, say Italy

Italian Football Federation Vice-President Demetrio Albertini has confirmed that Domenico Criscito will not be in Italy’s Euro 2012 squad.

The decision was taken after the Zenit St Petersburg player was caught up in the betting match fixing investigation.

Police raided the player’s room at Italy’s Coverciano training base at 6.25am this morning.

Although the player has protested his innocence, the left-back will not be taken to Poland and the Ukraine this summer.

“Criscito won’t be a part of the championships,” Albertini stated. “He’s eager to sort out his own personal situation. That is his objective.

“He’s disappointed that he’s created this situation, even if he has underlined that he has done nothing wrong.

“Italy boss Cesare Prandelli spoke to him this morning, then he spoke with the lawyers and myself. It’s enormously disappointing.

“The decision to not include Criscito is understandable. The Federation has given its support to Prandelli.

“Criscito has gone to the changing rooms today, he spoke with his teammates who all showed him their affection.”

Last edited by Surag on Mon 28 May - 13:41:12; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon 28 May - 13:40:34

Seriously Surag, there's no need to worry, this will have blown over in a week.

Though that being said, I'm amazed to see this from La Repubblica, it's a very good paper, which makes me take this more seriously than I have been doing so up until this point.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon 28 May - 13:40:55

Santon is better than Criscito anyways :coffee: Make it happen banana
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Mon 28 May - 13:43:32

lol serie A go under again just after it recovered, Inter to win the next three scudettos!
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon 28 May - 13:49:01

Both Elkann and Marotta dint comment when asked on Conte's involvement.

Elkann when asked ,he replied "No comment".

This seriously sucks for the new Juve hierarchy(Elkann and Agnelli)...

Building the club from scratch to take back Juventus to the top only to find themselves in trouble again due to some 3rd party involvement.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon 28 May - 13:50:29

Agent Moratti :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by InterMalia Mon 28 May - 13:51:01

Juve to get punished for hiring a coach from another team?
Laughing

But if shit got real and they somewhat involve juve in this, it would be a disaster for Italian football and would damage Juve's new found image so hard.

Meanwhile: http://theuglydance.com/?v=kgavtzmpql
InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon 28 May - 13:57:42

Even though i wish Juventus all the worst they can happen to them , i don't think it would be fair to drag them into this , at least given the information so far..

As for Conte , was he or not involved .. we'll have to wait , but in my opinion , even if he was involved , it would be really unfair to punish Juventus for something their coach has done in the past ; an irrelevant past to Juventus .

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon 28 May - 13:58:27

Worst possible punishment would be.

Conte to get a life ban(which is what i read,if he's found guilty ,i'm not sure)

Juve to get excluded from the CL.(which i dont think will happen and we'll appeal anyway just like Milan did in 2006 ?)

But i'm certain that Lazio would be excluded from the Europa league and possibly docked points in Serie A just like Atalanta.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next