McAgger
mr-r34
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Art Morte
BeautifulGame
32 posters

Page 8 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 22  Next

Go down

Breaking: Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers - Page 8 Empty Re: Breaking: Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers

Post by mr-r34 Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:44 pm

As long as he doesn't waste much funds, i don't care if he goes the whole season, it's a ride off, he can't save it. It'll just prove it's time to go then.

mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Breaking: Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers - Page 8 Empty Re: Breaking: Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers

Post by iftikhar Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:50 am

No coach goes into a game with no strikers on the bench and then takes out his only striker when they're a goal behind for a winger.
Thumbs up :bow: :wub:

I have a sneaky feeling that he doesn't think or plan much. May be he just rolls some dice or something.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:44 am

this December month will prove many many things about him...he is just out of his depth !!!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:18 pm

I said all Summer that this was going to be a hell of a difficult season and that some people would want him gone, and it's happening. They don't seem to realize that he's an absolute baby in managerial terms, that this was his first CL campaign, that he never had to rotate before, never had to integrate 8 players into a squad, lose the greatest Liverpool player I've ever seen, see his captain lose his legs, deal with insanely unrealistic expectations because he set the bar so high etc...

What I don't understand is that 7 months ago, he was a slip away from being the biggest Liverpool managerial icon since Bill Shankly. Shouldn't it take a bit longer than a few months for people to forget what he's capable of producing? If Suarez had stayed, and had scored just 4 goals by December, would people want him gone too?

I wrote this about the manager last term when Tony Evans said Paul Lambert was a better manager. It still stands.

"The thing is, it's not just about winning.

It's how we're winning.

I'm 33. I've been supporting Liverpool since I was 5. I fell for the Reds properly when Barnes was signed. The first team I truly saw was Kenny's 87-91 vintage.

So basically, you can say I got my footballing education from that side. The triangles, the short passing, Beardsley dropping off the striker, Barnes' magnificent wing play, the late runs into the box from midfield by Mcmahon and Houghton, the comeback wins, the never say die attitude.

That was the Liverpool I fell in love with. The style of play that got me hooked. Since then, every Liverpool side I've watched has always been compared to that team for me. Look at my first few posts on this forum 9 years ago or so and you'll see me moaning (as ever) of our transfer market failings. You'll see me begging for a Pablo Aimar (i.e. a Beardsley type). For flair. For more creativity.

For close to 15 years (since 97 basically. Just after my desire for a defensive midfielder was sated by Paul Ince...), I've been begging Liverpool bosses to buy that sort of player. The type that can unlock tight defenses. That can thread a through ball through an eye of a needle. That can terrify defenders with pace and guile, creativity and flair. And year after year, I had to see the likes of Overmars, Pires, Ronaldo and Modric being snapped up by other teams while we signed the likes of Leonhardsen, Barmby, Kuyt and Jovanovic: hard workers, first and foremost. Flair and trickery sacrificed for keeping the shape and defensive solidity.

Why? Because since Evans decided he needed more workers in the side after the debacle of Spring 1997, every manager we've had has valued workers over flair players.

Houllier brought success but he also brought some of the most mind numbingly boring football I've ever seen. He had the closest thing to Peter Beardsley in modern football (Number 37) and used him like he was John Fashanu.

Rafa brought success, amazing nights and for a few months some wonderful attacking play, but he also brought a sometimes spirit crushing refusal to take risks, to go for broke, to sacrifice the system for more creativity. He spent fortunes on every position except attacking midfield. He was all about compactness, the shape, control.

Hodgson was Hodgson and Kenny was hamstrung from the very start with a 35m pounds absolute *bleep* up of a signing who was so limited he required us to go spend more fortunes on limited players to bring the best out of his limited skill set. We all, for a couple of lovely months in Spring 2011 saw a version of a modern Liverpool which mirrored the 87-91 vintage. But then, it was gone with the need to limit our attacking play with our limited record signing.

In Brendan Rodgers, we have a man who puts flair before anything else. We have a man who's first thought is attack. Whose every thought is about scoring goals. It's about winning football matches. Who will not hesitate to go for broke if we're drawing, who wants us to play exactly like the 87-91 vintage did. And, Jesus Christ, he's very close to making it happen.

Philippe Coutinho is exactly the type of player that I've been begging us to sign since Mcmanaman left in 1999. He's the Peter Beardsley we've been crying out for years. He's a player who is full of flair, creativity, vision and skill. And Rodgers adores him, absolutely swears by him. Raheem Sterling is the closest thing (but still miles away) from a John Barnes for 2 decades. Full of flair, pace, trickery and fight. And he's 19. Rodgers adores, has played him since he was 17, has never wavered in his support for him.

We have the best player I've ever seen in a Liverpool shirt in my life in Luis Suarez. A man for which the word flair is not enough. And we have Daniel Sturridge, a man who is scoring goals faster than ANY Liverpool striker in modern Liverpool history.

This isn't about Rodgers getting lucky. This isn't about Lambert being better. This shit did not just happen. It was Rodgers who had the balls to play Sterling (even at 17 years of age). It was Rodgers who went out and bought Coutinho when most of our previous managers would have had not touched him with a barge pole. It is Rodgers who is getting Sturridge to look like the English Thierry Henry. And it is Rodgers that is getting Luis Suarez to break goalscoring record after goal scoring record.

For those who know me, you'll know how adamant I was from the start that the Carroll - Suarez partnership was doomed to fail. I was going nuts at how we were wasting Suarez's talent, using him like Jermaine Defoe, when he was so much better than that. I argued endlessly on here that we needed to surround him with movement, with pace and with intelligent footballers. Well Rodgers came in, sent Carroll packing , backed himself, backed Luis and now look. We have 2 strikers that have more than 1 goals a start this season in the league. THIS HAS NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE. BY ANYONE.

It's because of all of this that I look at Rodgers and give him my full support. People can't just brush off what's been happening this season (and indeed since last Jan) as luck or anything else. It's genius. We've beaten teams by 4 goals or more 5 times this season. Do you know how many times Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and United have done that combined? ZERO. Not once. Everton? 1 time. City? 4 times- and they have had 5 years or so to Billion pounds up their squad.

You know what… *bleep* our rivals. Compare us to our previous manager. We’ve beaten teams by 4 goals or more in the league 10 times in Rodgers' 64 league games: the same number of times as in Houllier's 6 seasons, 2 less than in Evans' 5 seasons, and 5 less than in Rafa's 6 seasons. This guy has barely managed us for a season and a half!

I've never seen (not even the 87-91 team) Liverpool absolutely destroy the teams around us. We went from breaking records in a bad way to breaking records in a good way, almost in the blink of an eye. The likes of Wolves, Fulham, Spurs, West Brom etc etc... all came to Anfield from 2010 to 2012 and won for the first time in decades. Now? We've gotten our biggest Derby win since 1982. We've had our biggest win at Spurs in our history. We matched our record for goals scored against Arsenal in our history.

This kind of shit you don't just brush off. We're DESTROYING these teams. 5-0. 4-0. 5-1. And we're missing penalties, hitting posts, missing chances while we're doing it. Who from our rivals are doing this? Which Liverpool teams from the last 20 odd years have done this?
You don't just call this shit luck, or talk about Paul Lambert. You *bleep* respect it.

I could go on for ages about what Rodgers' has done right: playing the kids (name me one manager we've had in recent history who would have put Suso on at half time for his league debut vs United? Or sent in Texeira for his debut with 8 minutes to go in a game we desperately needed to win?), attacking substitutions ( putting on a second striker vs Stoke when 3-2 up- in complete contrast to what most of our recent bosses would have done), playing the media brightly and in a non confrontational manner…

And you know what… It’s maybe the last point that’s the issue for some as well as me. Because, while I absolutely adore Brendan Rodgers’ Liverpool and almost everything he’s done so far, I still struggle to warm to Brendan Rodgers the man. I still call him Rodgers for example, like I called Gerard- Houllier- after a certain time. Why? Maybe it’s because it’s his love in with the media. Maybe it’s because of little things like calling Howard Webb “Howard” after THAT shambles on Sunday. Maybe it’s because I’m still not certain this bloke is one of us, like Kenny was, like Rafa was. Maybe it’s because, as Tony Evans rightly says, we haven’t actually achieved anything yet.

But Brendan Rodgers the manager? Brendan Rodgers’ Liverpool? They make me look at my telly (sorry locals; Out of Towner here) with amazement. They make me see things I haven’t seen for decades, dream things I haven’t dare to dream, feel things I haven’t felt for years.

They make this 33 year old man stay up till 4am in the morning with the adrenaline still racing after watching a master class of an attacking performance; watching replay after replay, full match after full match.

They make me feel like a 7 year old again. And that’s all that counts.

We could go on a bad run sure. But that won’t erase what we’ve done since January 2013. I think people have forgotten how bleak it was before that. Finishing 7th, 6th and 8th. Losing 3-1 in a fortnight or so to Villa and Stoke. Looking like we had absolutely *bleep* all to play for. Couldn't score a penalty, let alone a goal, if our lives depended on it. Losing game after game against awful sides at Anfield.

From that to 4 points off the top with 12 games to go and 66 goals scored in 26 games played. In barely 13 months. Rate Lambert all you want but for Christ’s sake, have some respect. Even rival fans (go to Red Café if you don’t believe me) sing Rodgers’ praises.

Leave your bitterness to one side and just enjoy this incredibly exciting team we have which is making us dream like we haven’t dreamed for eons."

The season is a complete car crash, the sooner you accept it the better. It's a complete write off, and everything we do from today should be about building for the next 3 years. I banged on about this all Summer: Brendan should be allowed to try things and make mistakes, without fear of having the fanbase getting on his back.

This manager has been compromising his footballing principles for the last month because he's under intense pressure from the media and the fanbase. We know how he likes his side to play football; well we're doing everything contrary now. We're playing long balls from the back, lining up defensive teams, using hoof tactics and the average age of the starting 11s is very high.

FSG have a huge to play in making Brendan feel secure. They need to come out and back him publicly, address the fact that we had a disaster of a Summer transfer market and assure supporters that there will be accountability- while making clear that Brendan is their man. Please read Chris Bascombe's brilliant article about the failings of the transfer committee. The people in charge of scouting, recruiting, analysis of players and those in charge of closing deals should be the ones to feeling FSG's ire.

We are a huge, massively supported football club and there must be clear accountability. I've been banging on since the Summer about the need to sack the transfer committee and I remain convinced that in no other industry could people sink a company and stay in their jobs.

Once that happens, Brendan must be encouraged to look at the rest of the season as stage 1 in a 3 year plan.

That means playing the players that are going to be here, leaving players that are going to be leaving out of the side, getting new signings used to the way we play, and most importantly binning Lambert because every game starting with him is a game lost in the evolution of this football team and generally building a new side.

Brendan has proven to have massive testicles during his time here. He must be encouraged to stick by his principles and to trust his ideals. If that means starting Jerome Sinclair at Old Trafford, then great. No matter if we lose. Better to lose by playing your style of play than by compromising your principles for fear of fan pressure.

I'm fully behind Brendan Rodgers. I hope he will be allowed to manage this team the way he wants to.

Great post taken from RAWK. People need to take a step back and look at Rodgers' tenure as a whole and then look at his history and then look at what Liverpool has been for the last 20 years. Stop acting like spoiled, whiny brats and be a bit more rational.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:30 pm

it doesnt Change the fact that he is doing mistakes after mistakes. Just because he performed brilliantly in the last season, it doesnt mean we turn a blind eye to all the shit we have seen till now in this season. I guess, we have every right to question and criticize him. So, till now I didnt say we should sack him but we will see it by the end of the December.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:12 pm

We should just get a new manager every year. Keep the expectations low.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:14 pm

@El Cujo

I couldn't be bothered to read the whole post, but read enough to see it's very, very biased.

Sure, it's nice to say "7 months ago, he was a slip away from being the biggest Liverpool managerial icon since Bill Shankly". But since then he's been charged with adding quality players to our team and seeing that we find the ways to play well again. And he's failed in both areas. Transfers and tactics. A good manager doesn't do well with just one kind of a team, he does well with all kinds of teams.

And this I found quite hilarious:

"In Brendan Rodgers, we have a man who puts flair before anything else. We have a man who's first thought is attack. Whose every thought is about scoring goals. It's about winning football matches. Who will not hesitate to go for broke if we're drawing."

Oh yeah? The same Rodgers who leaves Coutinho and Lallana on the bench to start Henderson and Gerrard in AM positions and Lucas and Allen in CM? That Rodgers who goes for flair? That Rodgers who goes for goals, who freezes out one of your two fit strikers? Who substitutes that only striker for a winger at half-time? That Rodgers who doesn't hesitate to go for broke if drawing, yet said just the other day after drawing Sunderland at Anfield 0 - 0 that ""If you can't win it's important you don't lose"?

I don't mind fans still giving Rodgers their full support, but to pretend that there's no valid reasons to question Rodgers' abilities and that he should be just allowed to carry on the way he wants, regardless of the results, is just blind stupidity.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:23 pm

Stop acting like spoiled, whiny brats and be a bit more rational.
hmm scratch :facepalm: :brickwall:

I'm still not sure if you don't understand or refuse to understand or just love acting like some pompous, patronizing, self-righteous person.

It's alright with you that we got kicked-out from a fairly easy group. It's not alright with us. Not because we are some "spoiled, whiny brats". Because it's not alright. Not after you spend 100 million. Not after you make a series or tactical errors & oversight. Not after it's apparent that it's not due the superiority of our opponents.

I guess you are happy with us finishing 3rd. That's really good since being content with what one have does bring one at peace. But take a look around you, fans of what other clubs are happy finishing 3rd!!! How many of them have splashed 100 million this summer! How many have won the European Cup five times! How many have a fan base that spans pole to pole! How many got a home that vibrates with thousands singing YNWA!

It's totally alright to be ordinary if you are actually ordinary.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:26 pm

Art Morte wrote:"In Brendan Rodgers, we have a man who puts flair before anything else. We have a man who's first thought is attack. Whose every thought is about scoring goals. It's about winning football matches. Who will not hesitate to go for broke if we're drawing."

Oh yeah? The same Rodgers who leaves Coutinho and Lallana on the bench to start Henderson and Gerrard in AM positions and Lucas and Allen in CM? That Rodgers who goes for flair? That Rodgers who goes for goals, who freezes out one of your two fit strikers? Who substitutes that only striker for a winger at half-time? That Rodgers who doesn't hesitate to go for broke if drawing, yet said just the other day after drawing Sunderland at Anfield 0 - 0 that ""If you can't win it's important you don't lose"?

That's why you should read the whole post.

I don't mind fans still giving Rodgers their full support, but to pretend that there's no valid reasons to question Rodgers' abilities and that he should be just allowed to carry on the way he wants, regardless of the results, is just blind stupidity.

I agree. I'm not saying that he is beyond criticism. I've criticized my fair share of the way he's been managing the season and our transfers. That said there's a big difference between critical analysis of what he's done this season and some of the reactions that have been going on (calling for his head for example after he just managed us to our best season in two decades).

He's young, inexperienced and is facing the toughest challenge of his career this season. He still has a lot of room to grow and learn. Whether he succeeds or fails this season it shouldn't be the determination of how he has been at Liverpool, nor should it warrant an axing if he doesn't step up right away. I know that most people want instant gratification, but I fully believe that if he could achieve those results last year he can do it again if he is given time to mould the team. Time is important though.

iftikhar wrote:I'm still not sure if you don't understand or refuse to understand or just love acting like some pompous, patronizing, self-righteous person.

It's alright with you that we got kicked-out from a fairly easy group. It's not alright with us. Not because we are some "spoiled, whiny brats". Because it's not alright. Not after you spend 100 million. Not after you make a series or tactical errors & oversight.   Not after it's apparent that it's not due the superiority of our opponents.

I guess you are happy with us finishing 3rd. That's really good since being content with what one have does bring one at peace. But take a look around you, fans of what other clubs are happy finishing 3rd!!! How many of them have splashed 100 million this summer! How many have won the European Cup five times! How many have a fan base that spans pole to pole! How many got a home that vibrates with thousands singing YNWA!

It's totally alright to be ordinary if you are actually ordinary.

It's not alright and I'm not promoting mediocrity or saying that what's going on is acceptable. In fact I was one of the ones who was very outspoken about it being a huge failure if we couldn't progress from this group in the CL. With that said I'm not saying what is happening is good or that I am ok with it or that it is fine. What I'm saying is that Rodgers deserves patience and leeway.

How many of the teams that have our expectations just lost the best player in the league with no adequate reinforcement because none of the players close to his caliber want to play in Liverpool? How different would this team look with Alexis Sanchez instead of Adam Lallana? Remember that was Rodgers' first choice. Then Sturridge and others have been injured on top of it, and arguably the best attacking talent we bought this summer (Origi) is forced to be on loan or they won't sell to us and it was kicker that allowed us to get him over teams like Arsenal and co. I'm not going to keep reiterating my points about what Rodgers has done in his short time with Liverpool and just how inexperienced as a manager he is still. If you look at the team as a whole the groundwork is there for it to be successful for a long time. Peaks and valleys are trademark of young teams with burgeoning talent and a new manager.

Do you think that United would have become what it is today if they had axed Ferguson within 3 years of taking over (for some perspective, Ferguson led United to 2nd in 88 and dropped all the way to 11th in 89)? Now, Rodgers is young and a far cry from Ferguson (right now), but sometimes you have to have faith because we've seen our fair share of managers come and go lately and none of them have given us the experience that Rodgers did.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:38 pm

You can't compare eras. Back in the 80s, when SAF took over, you were only allowed 3 players on your squad outside of the UK. That was the rule in UEFA: only 3 non-domestic players and this was before the Euro zone existed obviously. So teams had to be built internally and the outside players were there to add the little extra that put you over the top. But you could not build a team quickly because of the setup... it's only after the Euro and the Bosman ruling that it became true free agency out there.

Nowadays, if you have a budget of 100+ mil and you spend it, then there are immediate expectations and that's just the way it is. If you have a more modest budget and/or you don't spend much money... then the expectations are lessened accordingly.

It's also a bit shocking to me that some feel that it's ok for a manager at Liverpool to learn the basics of his job WHILE he's on the job. That's surely not acceptable, right?
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:11 pm

What does that mean, the basics of his job? What other experienced manager out there is going to come in and outperform what Rodgers has done over the last few years? The team has come a long way regardless of how this season has started.

The reality is that a constant carousel of managers coming in, changing philosophies, etc. only hurts the team and the players. Rodgers has shown that he can be successful, now he has to adapt to a challenge he's not had to face yet in his career. Rodgers should be given time to really implement his ideals and style on the team.

Not sure what your above comment has to do with United going from 2nd in the league to 11th in the league in one season under Ferguson (and he was still buying a lot of players anyway, it's irrelevant to compare the international quota seeing as every team had to operate under that but could still buy domestically which is what United did which actually further hurt other teams in the league while strengthening United). Either way he still had a team that got 2nd one year and then 11th the next. Doesn't have anything to do with building a team quickly.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:15 pm

Rodgers had the patience. Rodgers HAVE the patience. NO ONE, that I know of, in or outside of this forum is calling for his sack; yet. But he is failing to take the BABY STEPS to justify that enormous patience & faith.

23 games into this season and our defending is still as atrocious as ever. Any team seems to have the ability to rip us apart and in each corner we look to concede. You need the pre-seasons and may be few more games to sort these out.

He has played Balotelli for 15 odd games, as LONE STRIKER, when it was obvious in the first few that he isn't suited for that role. He keeps playing/starting Allen when he barely makes any impact.

His substitutions are mind-boggling to put it mildly.

After we lost Suarez, he knew that Sturridge is our ONLY goal-scorer and that he is injury-prone. You simply can't suggest that we couldn't have got a prolific striker for combined sum we shelled out for Markovic & Balotelli.

Where is our pressing! Where is our intensity!

You are right. Rodgers is an inexperienced manager and at first sign of trouble he cracked and started to make silliest mistakes. That's why we are angry. That's why we are scared.

Like I said, Rodgers STILL have the patience. But he needs to get the basics right, NOW.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:00 pm

iftikhar wrote:Like I said, Rodgers STILL have the patience. But he needs to get the basics right, NOW.

That is not the definition of patience. Most of the players that Rodgers has bought in his tenure have been very young and not in their prime, and still are not. There is a ton of potential in this team, but the really high profile players we wanted for Rodgers' system didn't want to come here or weren't available. Whether you believe that or not it doesn't change that we don't have them. Rodgers right now is dealing with adversity. We'll see how that goes. I give him the benefit of the doubt especially in light of all Suarez had to say about him, and how basically every player on the team still comes out and supports him and the development he's had with most of our players.

Also it's not just people on here calling for his sack or saying he should be worried about his job. It's in the tabloids, and it's all over most social media. Like I said elsewhere, Liverpool doesn't have the resources to think shortterm or try and just make a quick fix on a squad that needs retooling. They need a long term plan, and right now I think they believe Rodgers has one.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:53 am

Don't use the young players excuse, Rodgers said his only buying players that would improve our starting XI, seasoned players of which he really didn't buy any.

Mark my words Rodgers won't get sacked till the end of the year at a minimum, FSG will back him because they want to build a legacy that involves giving Rodgers a chance. I'll only start calling for his head if he doesn't sort it out in about a years time.

The thing that's frustrated Liverpool fans the most is the decisions he makes, he buys players, he chooses the tactics, he makes the subs. His got them wrong most the time this year.

He really needs to look at himself in the mirror and forgot last year, it's gone, he needs to wipe the slate clean. Also his player management is questionable, he seems to get the best out of some players, which is great, but if he doesn't like a certain player, he'll completely freeze him out even if it's at the detriment of the team.

If you look at what was expected of him, this season was supposed to be the season we really challenged for the top 4, us fans need also forgot last year, that was a one off, we got really lucky. If Rodgers can turn this around and get us back in the top 4 race i think FSG will still heavily back him, we had a 5 year plan when Rodgers came in, i don't think winning the league was a goal in the 5th year, but challenging for it might be. His still got time, it's all on him to fix it, he can't complain because his hardly had the constraints other mangers had.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:37 am

mr-r34 wrote:
Bring in Sami.

Lol no.

Great player for us, one of my favorites to play for us, but no.

Get a proven manager that's actually competent to manage Liverpool.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:45 am

El Cujo wrote:They need a long term plan, and right now I think they believe Rodgers has one.

Really can't be bothered reading the crap you write, but this caught my eye and yeah, no.

His long term plan should of been put in place for now ffs.

He's been here for 3 years. It's not like he's been here for 3 months. There's no structure AT ALL. THREE YEARS LATER. He refuses to learn. He refuses to adapt. He refuses to overcome his arrogance/stubbornness. Sooner Rafa comes in, the sooner the "long term plan" kicks in.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:43 am

El Cujo fighting the battle alone Proud I am not sure anyone particular person seriously asked for his head in this forum. If someone mentioned it, it must be like a hyperbole comment in match thread. It is clear that he needs help in two areas, defensive organisation and transfer window. So it all points out to one thing, having a sport director above him :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:12 am

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:El Cujo fighting the battle alone Proud I am not sure anyone particular person seriously asked for his head in this forum. If someone mentioned it, it must be like a hyperbole comment in match thread. It is clear that he needs help in two areas, defensive organisation and transfer window. So it all points out to one thing, having a sport director above him :coffee:

Or him gone. Also, hi. :coffee:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:37 pm

Rodgers has borne the brunt of the criticism but said he was working hard to turn the corner.

"I think the message from me is clear: I don't think there would be anyone better to do the job here," he told several national newspapers. "Seven months ago we nearly won the title unexpectedly, I had time to work with players and we took them beyond where the club has been in a long time.

"This has been a difficult start with new players, less coaching time, young players; we are virtually starting again. I don't think there is anybody better equipped to deal with that having been here for the last two and a half years and experienced what this club is about and seeing what we get from the players whenever we are at our best.

"Criticism comes with the territory when you don't win games. Football is very short term. The same people who are criticising me now were maybe saying I couldn't do anything wrong six or seven months ago. That is the way football works. You have to accept that as a manager and fight even harder to bring success. This period has ensured I will do that for sure."

RA, it is not easy to get someone who is capable to tun this season around, just like that. I would hate that excuse, ohhh lets give this new manager some time and he will get us back to the top. We need to wait, thats it !!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:52 pm

I'm done. I'm soooo *bleep* done.

Sack this *bleep* this summer please.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:06 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30454974
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:25 pm

I apologize to everyone here and Hames in particular. Rodgers really has no clue what he is doing.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:17 pm

thnx Hans, as I said, I am just waiting for Dec to end.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:29 pm

Hans, mate we were all hoping your were right but the man is clueless and trust me it doesn't feel any good to be right in this case.

Feel like a wounded prostitute who has gone through a gangbang and beating from his pimp.

Sack him now. Don't even wait till summer. I'm done. It's intolerable.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:37 pm

So much money spent, 0 good signings. An injury prone striker and a on off again player in cou can't really be counted.

Has no idea how to setup his team if he has no suarez.

Alienates players when we need them, plays players in the worst positions.

His bias for and against some players is a joke.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:45 pm

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers, speaking to Sky Sports:

"I thought we had done enough to win the game, it epitomised our season really. We created so many chances today and David De Gea was man of the match. He's had four or five games like that this season. David's a top class goalkeeper and his ability to make saves is outstanding but his distribution is also excellent, he knows when to go short and when to go long.

"We also made defensive mistakes and that cost us today. We've just got to keep working, we know what the solutions are and hopefully the confidence will return. We came here last season and it was the reverse scoreline, today we were the better side in the first half but you can't concede the goals we did. We nearly went in front and they went up the other end and scored because we lost our runner from the midfield area.

"Today, we created opportunities which we haven't been doing. I'll keep searching for the solutions. It's been difficult this year but that's the way it works. It's clear we haven't scored or created enough goals."

What's that first sentence all about? Very Happy

Our season epitomised in us doing enough to win a game yet not winning? You could probably count the times we've done enough to win a game with the fingers of one hand Very Happy

Let's see, against...

Southampton
Tottenham
West Brom
Leicester
And today? 3 - 0 loss yet we did enough to win the game? Man, let me think about that one.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 22  Next