McAgger
mr-r34
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Art Morte
BeautifulGame
32 posters

Page 13 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next

Go down

Breaking: Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers - Page 13 Empty Re: Breaking: Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:54 pm

^ One is 10 years older than the other.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Breaking: Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers - Page 13 Empty Re: Breaking: Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:04 pm

I miss the days where we were all united and together....

http://www.goallegacy.net/t35297-liverpool-vs-manchester-city-the-dream?highlight=manchester+city

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:34 pm

So another topic got me to thinking about this. There has been a lot of negativity regarding the transfers under Rodgers, so I took a closer look at them. He's actually not been nearly as bad as the moaning would have you believe.

Great/Good
Daniel Sturridge
Philippe Coutinho
Mamadou Sakho
Adam Lallana
Emre Can
Lazar Markovic
Alberto Moreno
Kolo Toure

Meh/Ok/Verdict not out yet
Mario Balotelli
Dejan Lovren
Joe Allen
Fabio Borini

Too early to tell
Samed Yesil
Joao Teixeira
Luis Alberto
Tiago Ilori
Divock Origi
Javier Manquillo

Bad, just bad
Oussama Assaidi (though, to be fair, we sold him at a profit)
Nuri Sahin
Iago Aspas
Victor Moses
Ricky Lambert
Aly Cissokho

I think part of the problem is people look at the money spent as a whole and expect us to be competitive for the title right now with losing Suarez and the Sturridge injury. I dunno, maybe I'm being overly optimistic again, but I also see a lot in Ilori and Origi. This team was built to be sustainably competitive moving forward because we can't attract the best players in the world right now (or they're not willing to shell out that kind of money for a player who isn't high profile enough). I mean, that list could easily include Shaqiri and Sanchez if they had been allowed/chose to join us (instead of Lallana and Markovic I believe).

Whether or not you believe it with Rodgers at the helm this team has been trending upwards constantly, and while this season will probably be a small step backwards due to injury and losing Suarez, I think ultimately we are taking big leaps forward from before he came and with all the young talent on the team and Rodgers' man management ability we're looking a Liverpool that will be a top 5 staple for the forseeable future IMO.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:44 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:^ One is 10 years older than the other.

and better not compare the football :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:34 am

Great/Good
Daniel Sturridge Proud
Philippe Coutinho Chaka
Mamadou Sakho Thumbs up
Adam Lallana cheers
Emre Can Molenation
Lazar Markovic Thumbs up
Alberto Moreno looks OK but still early days
Kolo Toure Suspect

Meh/Ok/Verdict not out yet
Mario Balotelli want to see him with Sturridge
Dejan Lovren Shocked
Joe Allen Meh
Fabio Borini unlucky

Too early to tell
Samed Yesil Suspect
Joao Teixeira Suspect
Luis Alberto I think we are done with him
Tiago Ilori Thumbs up
Divock Origi hmm
Javier Manquillo average

Bad, just bad
Oussama Assaidi (though, to be fair, we sold him at a profit)
Nuri Sahin UNLUCKY
Iago Aspas wrong player
Victor Moses Embarassed
Ricky Lambert :coffee:
Aly Cissokho rofl
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:41 pm

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2015/01/16/brendan-rodgers-credit/
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:15 am

I just realized that Rodgers is younger than me by some months. While he has made some unpardonable mistakes, goof-ups, oversights; I guess he warrants certain leniency (aside anything as obnoxious as playing Balotelli as lone-forward).
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:30 am

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:
Natalie Portman wrote:^ One is 10 years older than the other.

and better not compare the football :coffee:

Only just seen this.

Mourinho's honours at flop-face's age:

Porto (2002–2004)
Primeira Liga: 2002–03, 2003–04
Taça de Portugal: 2002–03
Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira: 2003
UEFA Champions League: 2003–04
UEFA Cup: 2002–03
Chelsea (2004–2007, 2013–)
Premier League: 2004–05

Are people really going to remember Rodgers by his football in the future?

People are going to remember SAS and what a partnership it was that nearly won us a title. lol
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:57 am

If they think it was all SAS then of course they wouldn't have the brains to realise why we were there :coffee:
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:31 am

mr-r34 wrote:If they think it was all SAS then of course they wouldn't have the brains to realise why we were there :coffee:

agreed !!!
@RA, I seriously think, better not win a CL like Chlesea did !! I dont care what d f Mourinho has won, he can go and shove it off his Arse, I just f hate him for his football and for other reasons also.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:13 pm

Honestly i'd win the CL or PL by any means besides cheating etc.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:56 am

I think it's quite unfair to compare Rodgers with Mourinho.

I think in time Rodgers will start winning trophies (and without whining) while playing attractive football (and a leaky defense).

For the moment, I think Rodgers should focus on

#1. His strategic stubbornness that puts too much emphasis on attack while neglecting defense.

#2. Identify & rectify problems quickly.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:42 am

#3 Learn how to make impacts on the game with his subs
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:42 am

This derby will also be his 100th Premier League game in charge.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:30 pm

Balotelli scored the winning penalty after 85 minutes, with the manager confirming the 25-year-old had his blessing to assume the penalty-taking role ahead of acting captain Jordan Henderson.
However, when speaking directly after Liverpool’s win on Thursday Rodgers expressed irritation at other aspects of Balotelli’s game

Asked if Balotelli was developing a happy knack of becoming a hero from the bench, Rodgers said: “Well, if he works harder than when he came on, he will do.”
Pushed on whether he was content with the contribution Balotelli made, Rodgers said: “No, not really, no. We need to ensure that whatever level of the game we are playing at we have everyone working as a team but once we get the penalty he stops working. So he needs to improve on that facet of his game to play in his position, rather than standing on the side of the football field.

“He has contributed because he has got the penalty and scored the goal but that is what he is paid to do. So he needs to keep that efficiency in his game and show that he can affect the team whether he is asked to play from the bench or from the start.
“In this team it is about hard work. In a different country and a different style of football that [scoring the goal] would be all that matters but in this team here it’s more than that.”

It is not the first time that Rodgers has publicly criticised the £16 million striker, whose long-term future has looked in doubt since his first few games Merseyside.
scratch when did that happen hmm
Rodgers :facepalm: when will you grow man :facepalm:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:48 pm

I don't believe a word of that.

No way Rodgers would say something like that.

Where did you get that from?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:22 am

sorry forgot to post the link :
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/players/mario-balotelli/11426129/Liverpool-striker-Mario-Balotelli-is-too-lazy-says-manager-Brendan-Rodgers-after-scoring-winner-against-Besiktas.html

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:19 am

uh oh Heil, Pearce running the same story in Liverpoolecho.

What is Rodgers playing at Sad Right when Mario was providing some usefulness. Maybe Brendan knows something we don't but goddam it just feels like a terrible time to hit out at Mario publicly again even if it is to galvanize him.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:02 am

Mm, especially when Mario actually played very well. Apparently Rodgers wants him to run around like a headless chicken, then.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:18 am

first captain and then manager :facepalm: Idiots really !!! Whatever the f you have to say, please dont open your mouth publically

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:54 am

Clown Laughing

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:01 am

Really annoyed with Rodgers. Seems like he is regressing in terms of maturity. Haven't read/heard what Gerrard, but he should know (being club legend and all) better than putting dirty laundry in the public.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:00 pm

You guys know nothing (no disrespect).

Remember everyone bashed BR when he publicly criticized Mignolet and said he'll be out indefinitely ?!

Look what happened to him. Not every player needs a kind shoulder around is neck to perform....players act to different sorts of motivation. Everyone's inner psychology is different. Mancini tried to be a father to Balo but failed miserably....it's different with every player.

On note of BR...I have no idea who he kisses on new year's moment, but it always seems to show in our second halves of the season. Brilliant in 2015 so far in some really tough matches.

Our run of last few games has been:
Westham (H)
Bolton (A)
Everton (A)
Spurs (H)
Palace (A)
Besiktas (H)
Southampton (A)

we've played all those games in THREE weeks. 22 days.

6 wins and a draw is a brilliant return from those games.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:04 pm

I feel vindicated. :coffee:
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:39 pm

A run of 3-4 bad games can make you guys all look like you prejaculated before we actually achieved anything. Calm down lads, were on fire and Yes Rodgers deserves praise for last night win, as sepi said he won this tactically. Idiots can keep saying they had more possession blah blah blah, but that's what we wanted.

Lets all start becoming OTT when were in 4th or a final.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:39 pm

To also add, Rodgers now deserves praise as much as he deserved criticism back in our slump.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next