Blue Barrett
Swanhends
LeSwagg James
The Franchise
Le Samourai
26 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 22 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:14 am

Going to watch game 5 here: http://www.realsports.ca/bar

Biggest sports bar in Canada, I think North America scratch

Hope we close it out!

LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 22 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by Le Samourai Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:18 am

You have to close it out because you are not winning a game 6 in Oklahoma.

I wonder if Lebron was pulling a Pierce or is he actually injured hmm.....i think OKC still has a decent chance here TBH.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:19 am

Barrettinator wrote:
BhritanniaBhlue wrote:Harden needs to step up...OKC only had 2 players score in double digits tonight

Meanwhile Mario f*cking Chalmers drops 25

Also @josh Durant is most definitely not 7' tall lol
He's 6'11". His wingspan makes him 7'5". He SHOULD get a rebound over *bleep*ing Battier! Shocked

Wikipedia lists him a 6'9
ESPN lists him as 6'9
NBA.com lists him as 6'9

He should get more than 2 rebounds just based on height alone but lets not act like he should be pulling in 8 rebounds a night just because he has a big wingspan...thats naive
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:22 am

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:
BhritanniaBhlue wrote:Harden needs to step up...OKC only had 2 players score in double digits tonight

He's 6'11". His wingspan makes him 7'5". He SHOULD get a rebound over *bleep*ing Battier! Shocked

ESPN lists him as 6'9
NBA.com lists him as 6'9

He should get more than 2 rebounds just based on height alone but lets not act like he should be pulling in 8 rebounds a night just because he has a big wingspan...thats naive

How about he should pull down 8 rebounds a night because he...on average...pulls down 8 rebounds a night.

The listings are from the draft..he has clearly grown.

He has been rebounding like a demon up until now........lost his hustle.

Last edited by Le Samourai on Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:23 am

Le Samourai wrote:You have to close it out because you are not winning a game 6 in Oklahoma.

I wonder if Lebron was pulling a Pierce or is he actually injured hmm.....i think OKC still has a decent chance here TBH.

I don't think we will lose three straight games even if we lose game 5, but I think its over in 5..

LeBron doesn't fake injuries, plus he was playing well.. It's not like he was messing up and used that as an excuse to hide

LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:27 am

Swagg wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:You have to close it out because you are not winning a game 6 in Oklahoma.

I don't think we will lose three straight games even if we lose game 5, but I think its over in 5..

LeBron doesn't fake injuries, plus he was playing well.. It's not like he was messing up and used that as an excuse to hide

I really don't think Wade and a possibly banged up Lebron want to see this team in OKC. They lacked effort tonight...but if it goes back to OKC they will have bounce.

Honestly, the way this game went...the pace ffs...I want to see a game 7 because it will be crazy and it'll be career defining but I wouldn't mind to see OKC get closed out. I just hope it would take a toll on them mentally.

Last edited by Le Samourai on Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:30 am

I think OKC is done, they look disheartened.. They put everything into this game and still lost.. But you never know, I just don't see this Heat losing this finals now, they're tougher than last year

Plus LeBron is playing like LeBron! If he did this last year we would be on a repeat :facepalm:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:33 am

Swagg wrote:I think OKC is done, they look disheartened.. They put everything into this game and still lost.. But you never know, I just don't see this Heat losing this finals now, they're tougher than last year

Plus LeBron is playing like LeBron! If he did this last year we would be on a repeat :facepalm:

By they I think you mean Westbrook lol, because everyone else was a joke.I don't know if he can better this...but you never know with him.

OKC crowd makes a huge huge difference if they can get there.

Last edited by Le Samourai on Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:34 am

^Imagine if LeBron pulled only 2 rebounds. The amount criticism the American media would give him..... Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:35 am

Westbrook is not human he doesn't count lol
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:39 am

Le Samourai wrote:
BhritanniaBhlue wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:

ESPN lists him as 6'9
NBA.com lists him as 6'9

How about he should pull down 8 rebounds a night because he...on average...pulls down 8 rebounds a night.

The listings are from the draft..he has clearly grown.

He has been rebounding like a demon up until now........lost his hustle.

Don't agree at all, Durant is capable of having very solid rebounding nights but his rebounding is far from consistent and the numbers clearly show that, especially in the playoffs...

Last series his numbers were 10, 5, 6, 6, 4, 14
This series they are 8, 3, 6, 2

At this point in his career he's not capable of doing it all, and I think its in OKC's best interest that he focuses on scoring rather than other parts of his game...Maybe as he gains experience he'll be able to do it all somewhere down the road, but that moment isn't right now

Last edited by BhritanniaBhlue on Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:41 am

Barrettinator wrote:^Imagine if LeBron pulled only 2 rebounds. The amount criticism the American media would give him..... Laughing

Lebron and Durant clearly aren't the same player :facepalm:

Lebron is built like a tank, one of the most athletic humans on the planet, and his game is built on being an all-around player

Durant is a a shooter, basically...
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:49 am

Spoelstra has been criticized a lot during this playoffs (including on this forum) because Miami has largely seemed to be relying on isolation and 1v1s to score points, but now the roles have reversed IMO...This series Miami has moved the ball really well and gotten contributions from all over

Meanwhile OKC has been the team thats basically resorted to standing around and waiting for Westbrook or Durant to make things happen...Its probably too late already, but if they want to have any chance of a comeback in this series they need to get back to their game
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:12 am

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:^Imagine if LeBron pulled only 2 rebounds. The amount criticism the American media would give him..... Laughing

Lebron and Durant clearly aren't the same player :facepalm:

Lebron is built like a tank, one of the most athletic humans on the planet, and his game is built on being an all-around player

Durant is a a shooter, basically...
Which is why I laugh when people say Durant is a better player than LeBron.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:47 am

LeBron vs KD is like Messi vs CR7.. On the surface they seem comparable because of their scoring exploits but really there is nothing to compare.. LeBron and Messi are CLEARLY superior

:coffee:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:14 pm

Swagg wrote:LeBron vs KD is like Messi vs CR7.. On the surface they seem comparable because of their scoring exploits but really there is nothing to compare.. LeBron and Messi are CLEARLY superior

Durant is unstopable .... LeBron is and it was proven many times ... so this comparision is nothing alike ...
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:44 pm

Really..like really.....you want to get on KD's back because he got 2 boards? mean seriously lol

How about we look at the bigs, whos main job it is to rebound to get some boards..especially when Haslem and Bosh have been getting on the offensive glass ALL series long.

I mean, if you want to actually knock KD on something, its his mano he mano defence..however, lets not act like he is just getting scored on. He cant stop Lebron anymore than Lebron can stop him. And yet, KD isnt called the best defender in the league..like people like to call Lebron.

Anyway, more important matters. 3-1, OKC in deep trouble now. Common sense tells us the Heat close out.

They are the older, more experienced and generally more poised team who have been here before.

I guess the younger OKC just arent ready yet, but clearly they arent far off at all.

Very rarely do teams win without failing in the finals/semis before and perhaps thats whats happening here with these two teams.

Not done yet of course, if OKC can take the series back to OKC then they are right in it again. But its not looking likely.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:48 pm

LeBron and the Heat will play the game of their lives on thursday. Laughing

This series is over.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:55 pm

Oh and one more thing.

Since when did height become the fundemental aspect to rebounding? 6'9 or 6''11, its irrelevant.

The best rebounder in the league is Kevin Love, 6'9 and you cant fit a sheet a paper under his feet when he tried to jump.

When we talk about all time, Dennis Rodman and Ben Wallace, two of the very best to ever rebound the ball..neither were bigger than 6'8.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:33 pm

The Franchise wrote:Oh and one more thing.

Since when did height become the fundemental aspect to rebounding? 6'9 or 6''11, its irrelevant.

The best rebounder in the league is Kevin Love, 6'9 and you cant fit a sheet a paper under his feet when he tried to jump.

When we talk about all time, Dennis Rodman and Ben Wallace, two of the very best to ever rebound the ball..neither were bigger than 6'8.

Completely agree...Barkley was 6'6 - enough said really
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:23 pm

How could I forget Chuck, shame on me.

Him, Rodman and Big Ben are top 5-8 in terms of all time best rebounders in my opinion. And look at the size of them.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:36 pm

pUsHa wrote:
Swagg wrote:LeBron vs KD is like Messi vs CR7.. On the surface they seem comparable because of their scoring exploits but really there is nothing to compare.. LeBron and Messi are CLEARLY superior

Durant is unstopable .... LeBron is and it was proven many times ... so this comparision is nothing alike ...

Nobody in the league is unstoppable
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:47 pm

I disagree, I think its the other way.

There are times where loads of players are unstoppable, at least with todays defence where your not allowed to hand check anyone.

But I know what your saying though, nobody is unstoppable all of the time.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:56 pm

Yeah.. For example if LeBron's shot is dropping then he is pretty much unstoppable because he is good at getting to the basket, and if Durant is getting to the basket then he is pretty much unstoppable because his jumper is money

But you don't always get both things happening at the same time
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:18 pm

Yeah, actually Lebron is the number 1 example of the IF.

If his jumper is on, it is over for ANYONE in his way. I mean, he is shooting like 45% with 30points a game..and hardly any are jumpers. That just tells you how hard it can be to stop him getting to the rim.

If he is hitting consistent jumpers.......forget about it.

Without hand checking...its impossible. But David Stern has gotten rid of that, for better or worse.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:25 pm

I think people anyone can be stopped to be honest, it's about breaking their rhythm more than anything else.A guy like Lebron, you just need to slow down the game and force him to take jumpers and keep him off the line because he will never ever get that hot from outside.

Durant is a different Burden altogether though, I'd say he's relatively more unstoppable because of the range on ways he can score on you consistently, and but he needs people around him to create the space for shots.

No one is unstoppable, but I can safely say Scorer's like Kobe,Melo..are much harder to slow down or stop because they have a counter for every punch you throw....on their day.Prime example is Kobe vs Phoenix a couple years back, he was taking shots that people literally cannot make,shots that are basically the best possible result you can hope for when defending any player, when that starts happening, you have no answer.

On the rebounding thing, height and length isn't the determining factor but it is relevant. Durant has good rebounding fundamentals, he's shown himself to be a very good rebounder throughout the season, I just feel he could've more than gotten those two game defining rebounds...I mean he had one stripped from his hands by Wade.Perhaps I should be complimenting Wade for an amazing play, but at the same time I definitely think Durant should've came up with that.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next