Rumor: Ralf Rangnick held talks with West Brom

+3
the xcx
Le Samourai
Great Leader Sprucenuce
7 posters

Go down

Rumor: Ralf Rangnick held talks with West Brom Empty Rumor: Ralf Rangnick held talks with West Brom

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 31, 2012 4:55 pm

West Brom have held talks with former Schalke and Stuttgart boss Ralf Rangnick as they step up their search to find Roy Hodgson's successor, Press Association Sport understands.

Rangnick, 53, has emerged as the clear favourite to take over from new England head coach Hodgson. But reports that the Baggies have already made a formal offer to Rangnick are premature.

He first met with Albion officials when a guest of the club for the final home Barclays Premier League game of the campaign with Arsenal on May 13. Compensation would not be an issue as Rangnick has been without a club since leaving Schalke eight months ago because of exhaustion.

He nudged ahead of Birmingham boss Chris Hughton after it emerged the npower Championship club were looking for around £2million in compensation.

Blues were also prepared to turn down Albion if they approached asking for permission to speak to Hughton who would then have had to resign to force the issue.

Rangwick had two spells at Schalke, leading them to the semi-finals of the Champions League in 2010-11, in addition to a four-year stint at Hoffenheim.

Thoughts? would be a cracking choice by West Brom IMO
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Rumor: Ralf Rangnick held talks with West Brom Empty Re: Rumor: Ralf Rangnick held talks with West Brom

Post by Le Samourai Thu May 31, 2012 4:57 pm

:bow:

Edit: Looked through West Brom squad , do not know a single player other than Odemwinge Laughing

I thought Albrighton played for them Sad

Last edited by Le Samourai on Thu May 31, 2012 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Rumor: Ralf Rangnick held talks with West Brom Empty Re: Rumor: Ralf Rangnick held talks with West Brom

Post by the xcx Thu May 31, 2012 4:59 pm

very underrated coach to my mind. Hes speciality is attacking and can work wonders with Defence and midfield if needed to.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu May 31, 2012 5:49 pm

Has his health improved?

Could be a great coach in the EPL, but WBA was not what I expected to see him linked with. They could be another Wigan though so this is all the more interesting.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 31, 2012 5:57 pm

McLewis wrote:Has his health improved?

Could be a great coach in the EPL, but WBA was not what I expected to see him linked with. They could be another Wigan though so this is all the more interesting.

By all the counts he just wanted a break ala Guardiola and has been sounding out clubs since January over possible availabilities.

West Brom have some good players be interesting to see what he can do with them if he takes the job.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu May 31, 2012 5:57 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

By all the counts he just wanted a break ala Guardiola and has been sounding out clubs since January over possible availabilities.

West Brom have some good players be interesting to see what he can do with them if he takes the job.

Who are the good players?

Damn, I wouldve loved for Liverpool to get him. Sad

Last edited by Le Samourai on Thu May 31, 2012 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu May 31, 2012 5:57 pm

He's one of the one-touch experts, great coach, I'm not sure how he dealt with his burnout, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be looking for a job if he didn't feel up to it, and burnout and depression are illnesses, one can fully recover from, they don't need to be chronical.

If he went to the PL he would instantly enter the top5 or even top3 of best coaches there. He might not be a visionary, but he is rock solid, what he did at Hoffenheim was amazing, give him some money to work with, and he'll build you a proper, passing, attacking side.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu May 31, 2012 5:58 pm

No no, Rangnick had proper burnout, not that it's untreatable or anything, he'll probably be fine now, but you don't quit mid-season if you "just want a break", you do it if you "just need a break"...
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 31, 2012 6:05 pm

Le Samourai wrote:

Who are the good players?

Mulumbu, Brunt, Odemwingie, Morrison, Long and Olsson.

Thomas and Gera are decent on thier day too and i have heard good things about Allan who they signed in January.

All in all they are a decent side but has room to grow on the pitch and off it which i suppose is where Rangnick comes in.

Ok Viva it looks like i was wrong or my "contacts" were Laughing in any case i would think if he's talking to clubs now i would assume he's feeling better now.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu May 31, 2012 6:12 pm

Demba Ba to West Brom hmm
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu May 31, 2012 7:06 pm

Ralf Rangnick already stated two or so months ago that he'd be interested to take over a club again. I think he is very wise to look for a club that is lower profile - he'll have less pressure there than in a high profile club where everybody would call for his scalp if he'd do just one wrong step.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Thu May 31, 2012 10:35 pm

What a manager.
:bow: :bow:

Liverpool should of went after him when they had the chance. What he did with Hoffenheim was amazing.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down