Art Morte
the xcx
Forza
The Messiah
samcooke1991
Onyx
17 posters

Go down

Group C: Republic of Ireland vs Croatia discussion Empty Group C: Republic of Ireland vs Croatia discussion

Post by Onyx Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:06 pm

Republic of Ireland vs Croatia discussion.

Last edited by mtfootball on Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:17 pm; edited 2 times in total

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Group C: Republic of Ireland vs Croatia discussion Empty Re: Group C: Republic of Ireland vs Croatia discussion

Post by samcooke1991 Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:10 pm

Really rate Ireland for this one, everyone seems to have written them off and I don't see why. Croatia are missing their main striker in Olic and granted Jelavic is a good goalscorer but a lot of responsibility rests on his shoulders.

Ireland have some excellent wingers in Mcgeady and Duff whereas Doyle and Keane are proven upfront. Shay Given is also a world class keeper.

And they have Trapattoni, the oldest manager ever at the Euros and still an absolute star ....

http://1-ps.googleusercontent.com/x/www.sportskeeda.com/media.tumblr.com/xtumblr_m5ae8yMmO81r0zulc.jpg.pagespeed.ic.9UAd8dNpZu.jpg

Come on the Irish!!
samcooke1991
samcooke1991
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : PSG

http://www.oddslife.com

Back to top Go down

Group C: Republic of Ireland vs Croatia discussion Empty Re: Group C: Republic of Ireland vs Croatia discussion

Post by samcooke1991 Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:12 pm

That picture didn't work annoyingly but it's the one where he's standing with the two fit Irish girls about 50 years his junior. Sure youve all seen it !
samcooke1991
samcooke1991
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : PSG

http://www.oddslife.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:25 pm

I like Ireland coach, he's my favourite coach after the General...

Ireland are my dark-horse for the competition
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:31 pm

Trap is a beast.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:18 pm

Republic of Ireland (4-4-2): Given; O'Shea, Dunne, St Ledger, Ward; McGeady, Whelan, Andrews, Duff; Keane, Doyle

Croatia (4-4-2): Pletikosa; Srna, Corluka, Schildenfeld, Strinic; Rakitic, Vukojevic, Modric, Perisic; Mandzukic, Jelavic

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:20 pm

Go Croatia :bow:
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:44 pm

Horrible mistake to gift Croatia that second goal. But it was a good half of football, let's see if the Irish can come from behind again.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:54 pm

Guess the match is pretty much over now, sad

dronte
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:57 pm

I dont even know why those two are there , boring football , i'm not gonna watch
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:12 pm

Tifoso Romanista wrote:I dont even know why those two are there , boring football , i'm not gonna watch

way better than spain-italy game, more entertaining, more goals

and im not croatian neither irish

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:16 pm

Croatia's 442 is clearly more 4132...they showing it is indeed a playable formation in todays game if your brave enough.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:54 pm

Tifoso Romanista wrote:I dont even know why those two are there , boring football , i'm not gonna watch

Boring lol are you serious?? Italians saying teams are boring what an epic fail!!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:05 pm

white_star wrote:

Boring lol are you serious?? Italians saying teams are boring what an epic fail!!

What fail? such a boring game one team was in it , and thats that . I didn't miss much probably some runners from flans and thats that .I believe if for example Belgium was facing Croatia that match would have been much more entertaining .
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:06 pm

A very entertaining game IMO, wasn't expecting this game to be this good
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:57 pm

The match is not boring...
To be honest...both matches in group C were really good!

The worst match so far of the Euro's was Portugal vs Germany!
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:59 pm

white_star wrote:

That's an ass comment from u...
If you trying to imply that Serie A is boring then u really need to shut up!

because the to be honest, the most disappointing match this season was Man City vs Man Utd. 1-0...
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Marchisio #8 Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:02 am

It wasnt boring game but Ireland didnt played their best. Croatia took easy 3 points from this game.You'll see that Ireland will cause problems to Italy and Spain
C.Marchisio #8
C.Marchisio #8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:12 am

You'd have to go back quite a ways to find such a poor defensive display from Ireland. They sure didn't look like a team that hadn't lost in 14 matches. Croatia moved the ball quite well and they created scores of chances, but all 3 goals came from Ireland's defensive mistakes. If they had been more alert, this may very well have ended 1-0 to them.

As for Croatia, I love their energy and drive. Modric was the conductor for this band all night long as he drove them forward again and again. Can't recall one misplaced pass from him. Mandzukic and Jelavic were typical poachers today and were lively in their positioning and movement. Croatia's defense looked rather suspect though, especially those CBs. Italy and Spain will cut through them with ease.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:54 am

Cotes wrote:
white_star wrote:

That's an ass comment from u...
If you trying to imply that Serie A is boring then u really need to shut up!

because the to be honest, the most disappointing match this season was Man City vs Man Utd. 1-0...

An ass comment was made originally so I decided to keep it the same. This has nothing to do with seria a. People always pissing on small teams and it annoys me. Everybody playing in this tournament deserves it.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:57 am

they ll miss lovren i guess
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:21 am

McLewis wrote:You'd have to go back quite a ways to find such a poor defensive display from Ireland. They sure didn't look like a team that hadn't lost in 14 matches. Croatia moved the ball quite well and they created scores of chances, but all 3 goals came from Ireland's defensive mistakes. If they had been more alert, this may very well have ended 1-0 to them.

As for Croatia, I love their energy and drive. Modric was the conductor for this band all night long as he drove them forward again and again. Can't recall one misplaced pass from him. Mandzukic and Jelavic were typical poachers today and were lively in their positioning and movement. Croatia's defense looked rather suspect though, especially those CBs. Italy and Spain will cut through them with ease.
Exactly right. Ireland surprised me for all the wrong reasons, whilst Croatia did a good job of exploiting them. Neither team is in the same league as Italy or Spain though.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:54 am

Ireland looked...not so good. Defensive mistakes everywhere, lack of cohesion, misplacing passes, not taking their chances. They need to show better than that for any hope of getting out of the group, and after this result they have a mountain to climb (although it was never likely in the first place).

Croatia looked much better, more energetic, more positive, more physical, and took their chances very well. I was pleasantly surprised, and tbh I think they have much more in them. As Mclewis said though, their defense is very suspect.

I think if Croatia can fix their defense a bit, I think they can give Spain and Italy a tough time. Although I'm not expecting them to get much from either, but we'll see.

Really hope Croatia can edge through. Modric :bow:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down