Did Alex Ferguson introduce new football concepts/tactics?

+18
B-Mac
Tifoso Romanista
Nishankly
Forza
Jonathan28
Lord Hades
urbaNRoots
che
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Onyx
The Messiah
Vibe
Abramovich
Dante
Rebaño Sagrado
kiranr
Yeezus
BarcaLearning
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Did Alex Ferguson introduce new football concepts/tactics? Empty Did Alex Ferguson introduce new football concepts/tactics?

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:23 am

Was reading that locked thread of Xavi commenting Mourinho wont be remembered as a innovative manager etc., was wondering, do u all agree? That Mourinho is just good at man management and current tactics abe to combine everything into a winning formula and team, and not able to invent or bring some new ideas?

Did Alex Ferguson do something at that level? What style of football would u say Fergie will be remembered for? I find it hard to describe his style.... never say die attitude, combine technique with physical, hard work and team play, clinical, combine stars with youth maybe even? Not like Guardiola or Sacchi as I believe Mole mentioned, they had very clear and obvious style and ideals, what is Fergies woud u say?

Forgot to mention, I only watched Man U from about 1997 or so....so all the time b4 that I didnt know what Fergies teams were like, back in Scotland etc...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Did Alex Ferguson introduce new football concepts/tactics? Empty Re: Did Alex Ferguson introduce new football concepts/tactics?

Post by Yeezus Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:26 am

He introduced Howard Webb if that's what you're looking for..

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Did Alex Ferguson introduce new football concepts/tactics? Empty Re: Did Alex Ferguson introduce new football concepts/tactics?

Post by kiranr Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:39 am

Fergie Time.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:39 am

like Danny said he introduced the : 4-5-2
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:44 am

Fergie introduced the chewing gum in the game .

And on top of that , a very calm , cheerfull , H & R , polite and classy way to say f*** this and f*** that to his players Laughing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:47 am

Danny7 wrote:He introduced Howard Webb if that's what you're looking for..

+ half the other refs, Mike Riley closet Man U fan head of refs in England hmmm fishy much? Very Happy
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:51 am

Lack of respect for Fergie's achievements and amazing career :facepalm: Trolling is out of hand...And when I,the master troll of GL say this...
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:58 am

Vibe wrote:Lack of respect for Fergie's achievements and amazing career :facepalm: Trolling is out of hand...And when I,the master troll of GL say this...

respect and achievements is one thing , what he might have introduced in football is another .

Couldn't find anything innovative or something else new he introduced in the game , so i went with the chewing gum , the 2nd was just for the lolz

It was some kind of praise , though if you don't get it , i can't do anything about it.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:01 am

Danny7 wrote:He introduced Howard Webb if that's what you're looking for..

if he's still looking.

Did Alex Ferguson introduce new football concepts/tactics? 430298_367538326591301_100000054115612_1491144_1301292394_n
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:06 am

The winning style? :coffee:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:10 am

I should point out i only said that Xavi would say he considers Ferguson, Sacchi and Guardiola above Mourinho in innovating stakes.....

I never actually said i think Ferguson innovated..... he probably did tbh, but i cant think of anything of the top of my head perhaps someone can correct me.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:10 am

Looool~! Overrated manager it appears then.... and he did invent a lot of non tactic related stuff Laughing

Seriously though im sure he did...at least for England club football anyway? Thats what I mean too also, hard to describe Man U's style...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:10 am

Well actually, to be serious, i don't think he introduced any new concepts. He took the successful concepts and executed it very well.

Fergie deserves credit for execution which includes choosing tactics and selecting the players suitable for those tactics. And he has rinsed and repeated this for over 20 years.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:11 am

perfected the 4-3-3-3 and fully utilised the benefits of added-added time :bow:
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:11 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I should point out i only said that Xavi would say he considers Ferguson, Sacchi and Guardiola above Mourinho in innovating stakes.....

I never actually said i think Ferguson innovated..... he probably did tbh, but i cant think of anything of the top of my head perhaps someone can correct me.

Got it, It got me wondering though if he did Razz Obviously the other 2 did...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:13 am

Hair-dryer treatment for players and referees .

beating players up with shoes.

I he introduced a lot TBH

Last edited by The Messiah on Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:13 am

kiranr wrote:Well actually, to be serious, i don't think he introduced any new concepts. He took the successful concepts and executed it very well.

Fergie deserves credit for execution which includes choosing tactics and selecting the players suitable for those tactics. And he has rinsed and repeated this for over 20 years.

What type of tactics or style of football and players do u think though.... like MOurinho maybe? That they dont necessary stick to one preferred style....just what best for the time to win?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:17 am

BarcaLearning wrote:Looool~! Overrated manager it appears then.... and he did invent a lot of non tactic related stuff Laughing

Seriously though im sure he did...at least for England club football anyway? Thats what I mean too also, hard to describe Man U's style...

Ferguson . Over rated . Did Alex Ferguson introduce new football concepts/tactics? 37329810
I hope someone post 'did not read' before me , so i can actually believe i didn't.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:18 am

BarcaLearning wrote:
kiranr wrote:Well actually, to be serious, i don't think he introduced any new concepts. He took the successful concepts and executed it very well.

What type of tactics or style of football and players do u think though.... like MOurinho maybe? That they dont necessary stick to one preferred style....just what best for the time to win?

I think Fergie has always historically favoured wing-play. I may be wrong about that though.

And he has constantly chosen good players for it.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:28 am

Besides the chewing gum Laughing , he might also have introduced , at least in the Premier League , more trust in foreign players .

And i can't exactly confirm it right now , but also , from the first PL games i saw in the end of 90' and in the start of 00s , no team were pressing like Manchester , at least in the middle or even further up front. Not sure though , been years since then.

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:32 am

BarcaLearning wrote:Looool~! Overrated manager it appears then.... and he did invent a lot of non tactic related stuff Laughing

Oh dear...
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:39 am

i dont think he invented much , and while i do think he is somewhat a hypocrite and a killjoy , he is the GOAT for me ..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:52 pm

Vibe, master troll of GL? lol, jog on.

On topic, Sir Alex will be remebered for his ability to continouly build new and exciting teams.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:17 pm

Im not saying he isnt a great manager, in fact one of the best, but regarding innovative...not sure... anyway I think everyones opinions says a lot. He certainly raise the level and was incredibly consistent and longativity....

But still he still has weaknesses at times, every so often he gets out smarted in Europe....although I guess its not easy...certainly harder than the league... while at other times hes made a not so rated Man U perform above ppl's expectations..
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:33 am

He did introduce a unique rotation system.

I remember when his run of games with different lineup went over 150 I think...Not sure if it still lasts.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next