LEquipe: Thiago Silva, Ibra and Verratti to PSG! (UPDATED July 17)

+87
RealGunner
Firenze
vivabarca38
Zero
Zealous
justdoit_
Vibe
andiii
Yeezus
guest7
red&blacklegion
TheRedStag
FennecFox7
Eivindo
tonger
chinomaster182
Grande_Milano
kiranr
leemhuis
Rebaño Sagrado
Doc
halamadrid2
TonyDaBeast
Emaharg
Blue Barrett
Arquitecto
7amood11
RED
Lord Awesome
Amar
windkick
rsinatra
Red Alert
dostoevsky
The Sanchez
M99
free_cat
BiasedMilanFan3
BarcaLearning
Swanhends
InterMalia
Tomwin Lannister
lenear1030
Divine Intervention
Le Samourai
chad4401
Valkyrja
the xcx
BAYERN_MUNICH
Gomez83
Cookie Monster
Rossonero23
Blue
LeSwagg James
Funkentelechy
Ganso
S
Kingofeverythingclassy
Rossoneri Ninja
zizzle
S32TABLANCA
II Capitano
Onyx
Adit
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Albiceleste
pUsHa
BarrileteCosmico
gondov
LeVersacci
Abramovich
Gil
Potential
Cotes
fatman123
che
Mr Nick09
Harmonica
Kick
Forza
REWB
Jonathan28
lszanto
EarlyPrototype
Dante
urbaNRoots
sportsczy
91 posters

Page 13 of 28 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 28  Next

Go down

LEquipe:  Thiago Silva, Ibra and Verratti to PSG! (UPDATED July 17) - Page 13 Empty Re: LEquipe: Thiago Silva, Ibra and Verratti to PSG! (UPDATED July 17)

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:11 pm

Well, the quote from Galliani is that "Berlusconi will resist PSG offer"

what's the difference between resist and reject? come on Meelan, take the money, you want more dont ya? Very Happy

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

LEquipe:  Thiago Silva, Ibra and Verratti to PSG! (UPDATED July 17) - Page 13 Empty Re: LEquipe: Thiago Silva, Ibra and Verratti to PSG! (UPDATED July 17)

Post by Dante Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:20 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Yesterday:

Nick: PSG are now a bigger club than Milan

Today:

LEquipe:  Thiago Silva, Ibra and Verratti to PSG! (UPDATED July 17) - Page 13 20120418120245-62cbeff6

Really ? i did read that ? people can see it too , right Suspect

Nick , even if we swapped the entire rosters QSG wouldn't be a bigger club than Milan

Spoiler:
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:21 pm

Well, to be fair, maybe Milan would accept the offer. However, they are a club with enormous amount of pride (and ego) so if Silvio wanna "resist" then all power to him.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:22 pm

I have always hate QSG
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:23 pm

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:I have always hate QSG

LEquipe:  Thiago Silva, Ibra and Verratti to PSG! (UPDATED July 17) - Page 13 Tumblr_ljkahzoZ671qanb21o1_500

i am still loling
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:34 pm

more like berlusconi staging this all fiasco from beginning to make himself look like a savior in the end....

sure keeping silva is the best thing... but berlusconi and galliani both played dangerous game with club future....they have wrrecked players chemistry and atmosphere.... what worse... they lied to fans...

financial problem is understandable... if they want to raise money or balance book... sell those who arent living up to expectations!!!!!!

pick robinho mesbah bonera muntari taiwo any of those .... i wouldnt mind that much if ibra left... we will be atleast saving hefty from salary. or actually either ibra or pato should stay because everybody knows with ibra in, pato wont be playing...

silva should have been the last of those considerations!!!

im still pissed off and angry how things have been managed by the club... it was just total mess up... its ridiculous... we have our own media channel begginning berlusconi not to sell silva.... :facepalm:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:37 pm

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:I have always hate QSG

two quotes of the season in the same thread , seriously ?

LMFAO
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:52 pm

Doc wrote:So now the deal is being rejected? Good for Milan (if true) remembering they are, in fact, a massive club and shouldn't be bullied...

Your respect is appreciated , honestly.

I only wish i could let the vagi flow.. but i can't , can't see what stops QSG raising that offer to even more ridiculous hights .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomez83 Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:55 pm

Dante wrote:
Doc wrote:So now the deal is being rejected? Good for Milan (if true) remembering they are, in fact, a massive club and shouldn't be bullied...

I only wish i could let the vagi flow.. but i can't , can't see what stops QSG raising that offer to even more ridiculous hights .
How much money would be okay with you? *without the option of keeping* Just curious.
Gomez83
Gomez83
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:16 am

Gomez83 wrote:
Dante wrote:

How much money would be okay with you? *without the option of keeping* Just curious.

Dante wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:Hopefully true. Very Happy

Hope won't cut it , they better pay 50m first.

These kind of money would be ok with me. I said it in the very beginning of the thread. But i'll be honest , he may be the best defender in the world right now , however , he's not worth that money individualy. More like he's close to 30m and the rest are compensation for what Milan is losing on the pitch , buy another CB e.t.c .

The offer is actually very decent and not at all inflated , and it seems to me they can start building on it if they want , at any given time . B & G may actually hope for it , they are masters at deceptions and i've been deceived a lot to know this.

So , can't let the vagi flow just yet.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:56 am

How much was our deficit this year? 68 million? I wouldn't accept any less than that amount for Silva then. Especially from a club that has unlimited funds.

Actually make it 70m, that way we'll have a solid 2m to buy another horrible DM.

Seriously though, Silva better stay. If Berlusconi isn't willing/able to cover our losses anymore then it's time to sale some shares to someone who can. Selling Silva would demonstrate a complete lack of ambition and would effectively reduce Milan's status as a European powerhouse. Instead we'll be a club with a financial crisis capable of dooming us into mediocrity.
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:06 am

lol, you wont see PSG going much higher than what they have offered i am sure. Something that is obvious about PSG is that they are not in for donkey signings like City did with shite players. They will put the price when it's worth it, but in no way will you hold them for ransom. I would say that there are quality defenders out there, and if they cant get Silva, not the end of the world. There is no such thing as unlimited funds, the club operate on a budget, a very large one, but hoping for 70m for Silva is ridiculous. That's about how much they would pay for both Ibra and Silva. If we end up with the likes of Agger and Falcao, then it's still a major step up on Alex and Lugano lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomez83 Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:10 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:lol, you wont see PSG going much higher than what they have offered i am sure. Something that is obvious about PSG is that they are not in for donkey signings like City did with shite players. They will put the price when it's worth it, but in no way will you hold them for ransom. I would say that there are quality defenders out there, and if they cant get Silva, not the end of the world. There is no such thing as unlimited funds, the club operate on a budget, a very large one, but hoping for 70m for Silva is ridiculous. That's about how much they would pay for both Ibra and Silva. If we end up with the likes of Agger and Falcao, then it's still a major step up on Alex and Lugano lol
You talk as if PSG aren't making an outrageous offer, they are offering what, 41m for a defender? let alone 30m for a 30 going on 31 year old forward.
Gomez83
Gomez83
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:14 am

Thiago is 27
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:18 am

That's just what you pay for elite players nowadays, the market has changed. World class players/talents easily go for 30+m. Thiago is at 27, the best defender in football, so paying something like 35m isnt outrageous to me. Now add the fact that he is not only an elite defender, but he is also a leader, guy is full of intangibles, that's another 5m. But it's also a statement signing, very much like Pastore, so the price doesnt bother me. 46m negotiated is "right" in this context.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:23 am

i also think its fine...i mean,cmon just look at some other transfers that happened in the past year or 2.Cesc 30M,Carrol 35,Torres 50,Coentrao 30M.....46M is perfect if not more,its fecking TS not any scrub players out there
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomez83 Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:26 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:That's just what you pay for elite players nowadays, the market has changed. World class players/talents easily go for 30+m. Thiago is at 27, the best defender in football, so paying something like 35m isnt outrageous to me. Now add the fact that he is not only an elite defender, but he is also a leader, guy is full of intangibles, that's another 5m. But it's also a statement signing, very much like Pastore, so the price doesnt bother me. 46m negotiated is "right" in this context.
World class forwards and midfield go for 30m+ defense is a different story, that's the thing with people who follow clubs that ran into alot of money, you somehow believe it's the norm for everyone to spend 50-80m in the summer.
Gomez83
Gomez83
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:26 am

Cookie Monster wrote:How much was our deficit this year? 68 million? I wouldn't accept any less than that amount for Silva then. Especially from a club that has unlimited funds.

Actually make it 70m, that way we'll have a solid 2m to buy another horrible DM.

Seriously though, Silva better stay. If Berlusconi isn't willing/able to cover our losses anymore then it's time to sale some shares to someone who can. Selling Silva would demonstrate a complete lack of ambition and would effectively reduce Milan's status as a European powerhouse. Instead we'll be a club with a financial crisis capable of dooming us into mediocrity.

If Silva is worth 70m , we should play like this

Abbiati

Silva

7 midfilders

Pato - Ibrahimovic

70m? I could build a defence that would last 10 years with that money . You apparently , would have Silva.You think Silva is worth an entire defence ? i don't , despite how highly i think of him.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:36 am

Gomez83 wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:That's just what you pay for elite players nowadays, the market has changed. World class players/talents easily go for 30+m. Thiago is at 27, the best defender in football, so paying something like 35m isnt outrageous to me. Now add the fact that he is not only an elite defender, but he is also a leader, guy is full of intangibles, that's another 5m. But it's also a statement signing, very much like Pastore, so the price doesnt bother me. 46m negotiated is "right" in this context.
World class forwards and midfield go for 30m+ defense is a different story, that's the thing with people who follow clubs that ran into alot of money, you somehow believe it's the norm for everyone to spend 50-80m in the summer.

No, the best players are worth the most money, i dont care that they are defenders or attackers. If you want WC players, you pay the price.

Also, the value associated with football players cant be quantified alone on their on the pitch performances, we are living in an era of football business.

Each club value players very differently, so they are free to put up as much money as they want to make those signings. We as fans think there is a law of how things should work, well there isnt. Transfer market is all about what you can leverage.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomez83 Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:38 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Gomez83 wrote:

No, the best players are worth the most money, i dont care that they are defenders or attackers. If you want WC players, you pay the price.

Also, the value associated with football players cant be quantified alone on their on the pitch performances, we are living in an era of football business.

Each club value players very differently, so they are free to put up as much money as they want to make those signings. We as fans think there is a law of how things should work, well there isnt. Transfer market is all about what you can leverage.
Nah I'm not stating it as a law, just saying it isn't normal. That much money for a defender is shocking.
Gomez83
Gomez83
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:39 am

But what's normality? and who defined it?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:40 am

Guys , 50m is the exact price and hopefully the roof . PSG made the most logical offer in reality , it's 30m for Silva and the rest are "compensation" for Milan to buy a replacement . Fair enough . It's just the general amount of 50m seems ridiculous for a defender.

Something else . Imagine if Silva was really worth between 50-70m, assuming. How much Baresi , Beckenbauer , Maldini , Nesta, Scirea , Hierro , Stam , Cannavaro , damn even Costacurta , in their primes would worth .

I would say Maldini & Nesta would worth.. at the very least hmm double of that , 140m Laughing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomez83 Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:45 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:But what's normality? and who defined it?
This isn't someones personality, this is fact on how much people have spent on certain type of players, breaking a record for transfer fee on a defender is the opposite of normal, wouldn't you agree? lol
Gomez83
Gomez83
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:46 am

Prime Nesta was purchased by Milan for 31 million.

Probably around 50 adjusted for inflation.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:50 am

Gomez83 wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:But what's normality? and who defined it?
This isn't someones personality, this is fact on how much people have spent on certain type of players, breaking a record for transfer fee on a defender is the opposite of normal, wouldn't you agree? lol

No because Utd spent big for Ferdinand, Milan for Nesta, etc... it's simply that clubs usually dont want to invest so much on defenders. They would rather spend the money on attacking players that will score goals and sell shirts. But if a club has a need in defense and wants to fill it, i see nothing wrong with that.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:53 am

Le Samourai wrote:Prime Nesta was purchased by Milan for 31 million.

Probably around 50 adjusted for inflation.

I remember the deal . Just trying to make a point . Of course they could never worth that money, none of them and this speaks volumes about the price of Silva beign even 50m .

Silva isn't worth more than 30m , in this market. The rest are offered for other reasons . and by the way.
Milan paid the exact price on Nesta. He was worth every single cent of that money.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 28 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 28  Next