LEquipe: Thiago Silva, Ibra and Verratti to PSG! (UPDATED July 17)

+87
RealGunner
Firenze
vivabarca38
Zero
Zealous
justdoit_
Vibe
andiii
Yeezus
guest7
red&blacklegion
TheRedStag
FennecFox7
Eivindo
tonger
chinomaster182
Grande_Milano
kiranr
leemhuis
Rebaño Sagrado
Doc
halamadrid2
TonyDaBeast
Emaharg
Blue Barrett
Arquitecto
7amood11
RED
Lord Awesome
Amar
windkick
rsinatra
Red Alert
dostoevsky
The Sanchez
M99
free_cat
BiasedMilanFan3
BarcaLearning
Swanhends
InterMalia
Tomwin Lannister
lenear1030
Divine Intervention
Le Samourai
chad4401
Valkyrja
the xcx
BAYERN_MUNICH
Gomez83
Cookie Monster
Rossonero23
Blue
LeSwagg James
Funkentelechy
Ganso
S
Kingofeverythingclassy
Rossoneri Ninja
zizzle
S32TABLANCA
II Capitano
Onyx
Adit
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Albiceleste
pUsHa
BarrileteCosmico
gondov
LeVersacci
Abramovich
Gil
Potential
Cotes
fatman123
che
Mr Nick09
Harmonica
Kick
Forza
REWB
Jonathan28
lszanto
EarlyPrototype
Dante
urbaNRoots
sportsczy
91 posters

Page 14 of 28 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 28  Next

Go down

LEquipe:  Thiago Silva, Ibra and Verratti to PSG! (UPDATED July 17) - Page 14 Empty Re: LEquipe: Thiago Silva, Ibra and Verratti to PSG! (UPDATED July 17)

Post by Dante Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:53 am

Le Samourai wrote:Prime Nesta was purchased by Milan for 31 million.

Probably around 50 adjusted for inflation.

I remember the deal . Just trying to make a point . Of course they could never worth that money, none of them and this speaks volumes about the price of Silva beign even 50m .

Silva isn't worth more than 30m , in this market. The rest are offered for other reasons . and by the way.
Milan paid the exact price on Nesta. He was worth every single cent of that money.

Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

LEquipe:  Thiago Silva, Ibra and Verratti to PSG! (UPDATED July 17) - Page 14 Empty Re: LEquipe: Thiago Silva, Ibra and Verratti to PSG! (UPDATED July 17)

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:59 am

I think a fair price for Silva in this market is 40m. An elite defender in his prime with at least 5 years left at the elite? of course he is worth that money
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:02 am

The question here for Milan is....can we compete for a title next season as we are , possibly even losing a couple pieces.

If the realistic answer is no...then you sell him, because it gives you a great possibility to rebuild without losing someone who isn't irreplaceable long term.

You may say the same about Ibra, but Ibracadabra is the one who fills the stadium and who brings in fans and revenue, he's probably worth more than people are willing to offer right now.

If they can compete...then everything should be done to keep him.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomez83 Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:05 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:I think a fair price for Silva in this market is 40m. An elite defender in his prime with at least 5 years left at the elite? of course he is worth that money
I would say 30-35m is more than enough, but then again we all have different opinions which is the point in this forum.
Gomez83
Gomez83
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:06 am

Yeah, seems to me that the problem for Milan is to keep Ibra at the very least. But if they sell Thiago, then a chain reaction will ensue, Ibra would ask out, and that would break the team entirely. I can see how Milan could mitigate the loss of Thiago, while keeping Ibra. But the chain reaction is dangerous, and maybe naively they were optimistic about keeping at least Ibra. I dont think they are reconsidering because of fans pressure, clubs finances are more important than a twitter onslaught. At least, that's my guess...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:15 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:I think a fair price for Silva in this market is 40m. An elite defender in his prime with at least 5 years left at the elite? of course he is worth that money

i guess we would be stealing from Lazio today , for a Nesta worth 50m ,inflation included.

Nesta has always been my favourite player even before Milan , he was a big reason i was attracted to Italian football ,since i play defender too.

Silva isn't even better than Nesta was in his last 2 years at Lazio , or in Euro's 2000 , when he was probably the best defender at the age of 24-25 must be , along with Cannavaro.

I get Thiago's close somewhere to 30-40 , though i believe 35 would be fair enough and actually hits the roof.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:50 am

We bought nesta a millennium ago,prices are heavily inflated atm.nesta would totally be worth 40m right now
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:52 am

I think Gomez, though makes a nice point, is understating the vast importance of having a WC defender in one's ranks. That said defender makes such a vast difference really. Take a look at when SAF sold Stam. United was affected dearly for such a move, I think even SAF regretted selling Stam so early.

Anyway, Silva is worth the 40 million + Euros PSG is willing to dish out. In fact, I personally think PSG is getting away with robbery and Milan really should show some more nerve.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:41 am

Nesta or Maldini at their prime would be worth more than 50M today. Don't kid yourselves. Silva is the only defender today that comes close to those players in performance. We can't sell TS for less than 50M.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:26 am

One of my friends raised a very good question: Wouldn't it be better if AC Milan sold Thiago Silva and Zlatan Ibrahimovic? On one hand, yes, because it would mean they can build for the future quicker with the amazing amount of money they are going to receive. However, losing Silva is enough, and Ibrahimovic can win games on his own, he's that good, so it would degrade Milan further.

Great question.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:36 am

II Capitano wrote:One of my friends raised a very good question: Wouldn't it be better if AC Milan sold Thiago Silva and Zlatan Ibrahimovic? On one hand, yes, because it would mean they can build for the future quicker with the amazing amount of money they are going to receive. However, losing Silva is enough, and Ibrahimovic can win games on his own, he's that good, so it would degrade Milan further.

Great question.

We are not selling Silva and Zlatan to raise funds for transfers, we are only considering the sale to erase our debt which stands at 68 million for the current financial cycle.

If we sell them i guarantee you Milan will not find suitable replacements for the next 5 years or so..Financially the club has been poorly managed and the economic situation in Italy and Europe makes it hard for us to turn this situation around.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:18 pm

So, in the end Sportczy knows nothing more than what's on the news.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:21 pm

free_cat wrote:So, in the end Sportczy knows nothing more than what's on the news.

No that's a rather stupid conclusion.

Everything he and L'Equipe said are true.

Player agreed with PSG, clubs were about to close negotiations when Berlusconi started feeling the pressure of fans and players alike. That's where we are now.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:30 pm

Yep, and that's all good and reported through the news. Nothing out of the news sportczy claimed happened.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:33 pm

free_cat wrote:Yep, and that's all good and reported through the news. Nothing out of the news sportczy claimed happened.
what did he claim?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:44 pm

I'm not arguing here but can someone link me a report that actually confirms that Silva himself wanted to leave (don't link a 7mil a season salary article, that's not what I'm looking for)
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:05 pm

free_cat wrote:Yep, and that's all good and reported through the news. Nothing out of the news sportczy claimed happened.

Yeah... what did i claim? lol. The fact that Milan backed out at the deciding moment makes all the events false in your eyes i take it. You think Galliano spent a day and a half of his life with Leonardo and vice versa just to catch up on old times??

No wonder you're a barca fan. Take the term "dumb" and "rocks"... put them together = you basically lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:09 pm

sportsczy wrote:

Yeah... what did i claim? lol. The fact that Milan backed out at the deciding moment makes all the events false in your eyes i take it. You think Galliano spent a day and a half of his life with Leonardo and vice versa just to catch up on old times??

No wonder you're a barca fan. Take the term "dumb" and "rocks"... put them together = you basically lol.

Hey, don't get angry with me. I didn't force you to boast about your contacts within PSG and to make claims about when TS would be signed, the price and his wages.... and afterwards nothing you said happened!

Also, I didn't insult you, you could learn a thing or two about courtesy from this humble "dumb" and "rocks".
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:14 pm

free cat you dont understand how transfers work lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:15 pm

The events were true alright. But i think Leo and Maldini just got trolled hard by Milan.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:17 pm

Maldini had nothing to do with the transfer kiranr.

Also no personal insults please, before anything escalates.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:18 pm

kiranr wrote:The events were true alright. But i think Leo and Maldini just got trolled hard by Milan.

once again , Maldini had absolutely nothing to do with this. Where do you people get this stuff. Maldini is completely and totaly out of this case .

Even himself said it , he has nothing to do with PSG or Leonardo , (and damn) not even Milan for the time being .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:19 pm

dostoevsky wrote:Maldini had nothing to do with the transfer kiranr.

Also no personal insults please, before anything escalates.

Weren't there reports that Maldini also played a role? I remember reading something about it, or maybe it was just something Nick and Sport claimed.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:21 pm

It was claimed that he was involved and had a role at PSG but he made a statement clarifying his position.

“I never tried to convince Thiago Silva to join the cause at Paris Saint-Germain. I don’t understand why they continue to draw me to the stake,” replied the former Rossonero captain to the Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I repeat - I have no role at PSG and I haven’t ever been offered one either. I was in Paris in January because Leonardo and I wanted to surprise [former Milan Coach] Carlo Ancelotti for his first game in charge. I met the President, but I have no job.

“If you really want me to be honest, I don’t even have the phone number for Thiago Silva, plus he would be difficult to track down. But no, I have never tried to convince him to leave Milan.

“I don’t see why I should, I am a fan of Milan and I hope that Thiago Silva stays.”
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:22 pm

Maldini :bow:
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:23 pm

free_cat wrote:
sportsczy wrote:

Hey, don't get angry with me. I didn't force you to boast about your contacts within PSG and to make claims about when TS would be signed, the price and his wages.... and afterwards nothing you said happened!

Also, I didn't insult you, you could learn a thing or two about courtesy from this humble "dumb" and "rocks".

You are "D" and "R" though lol.

If you can't read English, i can't help you. Deal closings are always set up and terms move at the last minute. Nothing about what i heard was wrong. Not a single thing. Milan just pulled out at the last second. I had heard PSG was offering 40m + bonuses and a little less than 9 mil wages. Then it was reported that the final offer ended at 46 mil+bonuses (probably close to the same total except higher guaranteed base) + a little over 9 million wages. That's pretty damn close to me.

PSG thought the deal was done. In fact, they delayed everything they had planned to make this announcement their big splash to enter the mercato. Berlusconi pulled out at the last second. It happens.

Your new nickname is D&R btw lol.

Last edited by sportsczy on Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 28 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 28  Next