Harmonica
jibers
Forza
billy_gr
Art Morte
BarrileteCosmico
13 posters

Go down

Van Basten claims Pep's Barca is superior to Sacchi's Milan Empty Van Basten claims Pep's Barca is superior to Sacchi's Milan

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:22 am

In an interview conceded to L'Equipe he was asked which was the better team. "It's very simple. Pep's Barca is the best team in history. It's enough to just take the best teams in history and then compare their achievements. Not even we got that many. The difference is that we had an Italian style. Instead, Barca wants to do what Italians call winning and convincing. It's a different philosophy. Their forte is that they're great professionals. They live for football, it's what motivates them, not fame. Ruud was a super player, but also a star, he loved to be the center of attention. Xavi is a super player, but he loves to be with his family. Messi, the same; Iniesta, the same. The only one that loves being the center of attention is Pique. To the rest, what interests them most is their work as a footballer. That is key to maintaining yourself at the top level during all those years."
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Van Basten claims Pep's Barca is superior to Sacchi's Milan Empty Re: Van Basten claims Pep's Barca is superior to Sacchi's Milan

Post by Art Morte Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:24 am

Seems legit.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Van Basten claims Pep's Barca is superior to Sacchi's Milan Empty Re: Van Basten claims Pep's Barca is superior to Sacchi's Milan

Post by billy_gr Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:37 am

whatever Marko says
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:09 am

No.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:44 am

Art Morte wrote:Seems legit.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:56 am

Tbf well rested Barca XI would pawn every XI in history to a pulp.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:04 pm

Barcelona have won two Champions League trophies in the past three years and are once again among the favourites to win the competition this season.

However, Benitez is of the opinion that the Milan of the late 80s and early 90s were on another level.

"Are Barcelona the best team I have seen in my lifetime? To be fair I was an admirer of AC Milan when they were playing with [Marco] van Basten and [Ruud] Gullit and all these players, with [Arrigo] Sacchi as the manager," Benitez said to fifa.com.

"They were doing really well, they were very dominant at that time. Barcelona have been more or less the same, and you can see now Bayern Munich or sometimes [Manchester] United or Real Madrid can challenge.

"I remember Real Madrid was a fantastic team at the time and they couldn’t do anything against Milan so it was a big difference. But Barcelona are a great team to watch."

Barcelona take on Milan in the second leg of their Champions League quarter-final at Camp Nou on Tuesday. The first leg between both sides finished 0-0 at San Siro.

:coffee:

I could name more :coffee:
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:44 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Barcelona have won two Champions League trophies in the past three years and are once again among the favourites to win the competition this season.

However, Benitez is of the opinion that the Milan of the late 80s and early 90s were on another level.

"Are Barcelona the best team I have seen in my lifetime? To be fair I was an admirer of AC Milan when they were playing with [Marco] van Basten and [Ruud] Gullit and all these players, with [Arrigo] Sacchi as the manager," Benitez said to fifa.com.

"They were doing really well, they were very dominant at that time. Barcelona have been more or less the same, and you can see now Bayern Munich or sometimes [Manchester] United or Real Madrid can challenge.

"I remember Real Madrid was a fantastic team at the time and they couldn’t do anything against Milan so it was a big difference. But Barcelona are a great team to watch."

Barcelona take on Milan in the second leg of their Champions League quarter-final at Camp Nou on Tuesday. The first leg between both sides finished 0-0 at San Siro.

I dont get your point? Is it that benitez is saying that he thinks that sacchis team is the best, because I dont see anywhere in that article where he says that he thinks that they are a better team :coffee:

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:53 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Barcelona have won two Champions League trophies in the past three years and are once again among the favourites to win the competition this season.

Add me to your list. One more point, Sachi's Milan was more fun to watch.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:55 pm

Benitez didn't play for Sacchi's Milan though Van Basten claims Pep's Barca is superior to Sacchi's Milan Trolldolski
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:56 pm

jiopsi wrote:Tbf well rested Barca XI would pawn every XI in history to a pulp.

Well rested? What does that mean? End of the day Saachis Milan retained the cl. Barcelona didn't.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:58 pm

At the end of the day, we will never find out, so sitting here and arguing who is better is moot. Barcelona have lost games under Pep and will continue to lose games. The whole 10 games series that I feel someone will propose is useless as well. Chelsea bested you over two legs, Inter beat you over two legs, Madrid stripped you off the league. In History? Michels Ajax would have a say there.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:15 pm

Saachis Milan didn't win the CL with controversy in the end.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:30 pm

jibers wrote:

Well rested? What does that mean? End of the day Saachis Milan retained the cl. Barcelona didn't.
Nobody has retained UCL. Barca loss to Inter were affected by the twenty some hours bus trip to Italy and Chelsea games were around Classico, with Messi being burnt out during the spring.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:21 pm

Except Sacchi didn't base his success on the desicions of referees. :coffee:
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:25 pm

jiopsi wrote:
jibers wrote:

Nobody has retained UCL. Barca loss to Inter were affected by the twenty some hours bus trip to Italy and Chelsea games were around Classico, with Messi being burnt out during the spring.
That is an often misunderstood piece of trivia. What it really means is that nobody has retained the CL while it has been officially called the CL. Milan retained it two years before they changed the name from the European Champion Clubs' Cup AKA the European Cup.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:31 pm

Ajax retained it as well, no? As did RM.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:34 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:Ajax retained it as well, no? As did RM.
as did liverpool, as did nottingham forest, as did benfica, inter, and bayern. sacchi's milan is the most recent team to do it though in 1989-90
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:47 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:
jiopsi wrote:
jibers wrote:

That is an often misunderstood piece of trivia. What it really means is that nobody has retained the CL while it has been officially called the CL. Milan retained it two years before they changed the name from the European Champion Clubs' Cup AKA the European Cup.
Well of course, but the European Cup was in a different format than UCL, and since the format change, nobody has retained it.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigole Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:19 pm

Seems to me that Van Basten is just being modest and humble. Big deal...
Tigole
Tigole
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:35 pm

The European Cup was much easier to retain than the CL, it only featured one champion from every league, and as we know just because you're a champion the year prior doesn't make you the best team the following season.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Intervention Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:30 pm

Another thread about the false prophets of football. You are not even the best team in the last 5 years let alone of all time. 2 champions league? Is that some sort of joke?

The greatets trick the devil ever pulled is making us thing he didnt exist. Catenaccio was hounded and this terrorist style football shity-shata is praised? I watch games to see entertaining football, not to see people rack up passing statistics. Barcelona fans usually bring pillows to their matches.

I will say that they are the geratest anti football team of all time...
Divine Intervention
Divine Intervention
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down