CBarca
leemhuis
Ganso
Nomad
BarrileteCosmico
37 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Will Italy get 2004ed again ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Will Italy get 2004ed again ?

Post by halamadrid2 Fri 15 Jun - 17:36:35

lol what back up??? do i need to??? people are getting arrested left, right and centre ffs

if there was any suspicion Fifa would have been quick to investigate, all experts said it was not fixed again only Italy complain

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri 15 Jun - 17:40:28

halamadrid2 wrote:lol what back up??? do i need to??? people are getting arrested left, right and centre ffs

if there was any suspicion Fifa would have been quick to investigate, all experts said it was not fixed again only Italy complain

Yes, there have been arrests, but you generalize on a whole country and make assumptions that everyone is the same. And the scandals within our league have nothing to do with the Euro, so I don't see why you had to bring that up.

And Trappatoni was promised an investigation at the time, meaning there was suspicion towards that match, but the investigation never took place.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri 15 Jun - 17:43:44

ErPupone wrote:Yes, there have been arrests, but you generalize on a whole country and make assumptions that everyone is the same. And the scandals within our league have nothing to do with the Euro, so I don't see why you had to bring that up.

And Trappatoni was promised an investigation at the time, meaning there was suspicion towards that match, but the investigation never took place.

last time i checked Serie A is in Italy, did i say Euros?? i said Italy as a whole and the leagues from division 4 all the way up to Serie A are always involved in betting scandals that players get arrested while on duty with the NT

the only ones punished were the crying Italy officials/players

Uefa maintained there was nothing suspicious about the 2-2 draw between Sweden and Denmark which ended Italy's Euro 2004 campaign.

But Uefa may take action against Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon and Italian federation president Franco Carraro, who have made match-fixing allegations.

Morten Olsson(Denmarks coach): Anyone who saw the game knows no-one tried for that result

Henrik Larsson: "There's no way you could arrange that scoreline - not even Steven Spielberg could write a script like that. "I didn't hear the result of the Italy v Bulgaria game until after ours was over."I feel sorry for the Italians, but in football sometimes you win, sometimes you lose."

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Fri 15 Jun - 17:47:49; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri 15 Jun - 17:47:25

Lol did any of you even watch that game? it was an amazing offensive game, only in the last part of the game where they didn't attack full out. Italy were crap this tournament, they couldn't handle their loss, and blamed everybody else.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri 15 Jun - 17:48:28

exactly freeza
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri 15 Jun - 17:55:28

This is a discussion about the Euros, and you brought up the scandals within Italy. It's completely irrelevant and I don't understand why you had to bring that up in this thread, simple.

The point is that the result in itself is suspicious and that alone, to maintain the credibility of the given Euro, merited an investigation which was never done.

Trapattoni: “Sweden against Denmark, I remember the game. Do you know what [then Uefa president Lennart] Johansson said? ‘If this game finishes in a draw, we will open an investigation'. Do you know if he made the investigation? I'm still waiting for the investigation."

ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri 15 Jun - 17:57:12

We took responsibility for the loss anyway, we could have/ should have had 3 points against Sweden to avoid that mess. However, the 2-2 draw was still a suspicious result, despite the way the game was played, offensively or not.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri 15 Jun - 18:33:57

Trapattonis words=/= Uefas official statement

why would a result that happened by chance merit an investigation when none of the team's intentions was to draw 2-2????

why would they spend their money to investigate when they would come to the same conclusion anyways
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri 15 Jun - 18:42:21

How exactly do you know what their intentions were? How can you say for sure that this match was not fixed between them? I never said for sure that this match was fixed, but I acknowledge that very possibility. It's strange that you're not able to do the same.

And UEFA's decision not to investigate is their own decision, I don't see why they didn't look into it at least minimally but that's their decision. However, that doesn't mean that nothing was arranged at all.

And Trapattoni was quoting the words of of Johansson.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by che Fri 15 Jun - 18:48:11

so two teams playing out a predictable result that benefits them both is match fixing now?

:facepalm:
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri 15 Jun - 18:54:55

ErPupone wrote:How exactly do you know what their intentions were? How can you say for sure that this match was not fixed between them? I never said for sure that this match was fixed, but I acknowledge that very possibility. It's strange that you're not able to do the same.

And UEFA's decision not to investigate is their own decision, I don't see why they didn't look into it at least minimally but that's their decision. However, that doesn't mean that nothing was arranged at all.

And Trapattoni was quoting the words of of Johansson.

because i watched the game and the way in which both teams played suggested none of them went for a draw, watch Celta vs Valladolid and you will see two teams playing for a draw

Johanssons words was before the game no??? after the game they all must have agreed there was nothing suspicious with the game/draw

again only italians are clutching at straws, all the others loved the game
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri 15 Jun - 18:58:00

at 2-2 both teams were in,so both teams didnt want to push men forward and get a goal on counter....just like the spain vs Chille 2-1 game...both teams didnt attacked and killed the game off at 2-1 because both of them were throw at 2-1 ..that is match fixing? LOL
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri 15 Jun - 19:00:17

I remember that match clearly and it was massively entertaining. Seriously, only Italian and pro Italy fans would say it was fixed...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri 15 Jun - 19:08:48

Adit wrote:at 2-2 both teams were in,so both teams didnt want to push men forward and get a goal on counter....just like the spain vs Chille 2-1 game...both teams didnt attacked and killed the game off at 2-1 because both of them were throw at 2-1 ..that is match fixing? LOL

If two teams agree upon a certain result, it is match fixing. Was it fixed for sure? Maybe, I never said it was. But it's amazing how people laugh off the possibility.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri 15 Jun - 19:47:13

ErPupone wrote:
Adit wrote:at 2-2 both teams were in,so both teams didnt want to push men forward and get a goal on counter....just like the spain vs Chille 2-1 game...both teams didnt attacked and killed the game off at 2-1 because both of them were throw at 2-1 ..that is match fixing? LOL

If two teams agree upon a certain result, it is match fixing. Was it fixed for sure? Maybe, I never said it was. But it's amazing how people laugh off the possibility.

Have you even watched the match?
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Fri 15 Jun - 20:37:46

Doc wrote:I remember that match clearly and it was massively entertaining. Seriously, only Italian and pro Italy fans would say it was fixed...

In Holland many thought it was probably arranged. Italy will be eliminated again the same as way in 2012. Between to Nordics arrangement is easy, I don't think Spanish and Croatians can make a fix, but 2-2 or 3-3 is more likely than one team winning or a 1-1.

leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri 15 Jun - 21:18:08

I don't think any of you know how much the Denmark-Sweden rivalry means to the players here in Scandinavia, it id probably the biggest derby and we have hate eachother when battling in sports.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Jun - 21:20:37

italy have themselves to blame in putting in this position. they shouldnt be concerned about outcome of the other game and play with pride and beat ireland with couple of goals.

italy have own business to worry about even before croatia spain game...

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri 15 Jun - 21:24:22

Freeza wrote:
ErPupone wrote:

Have you even watched the match?

Yea, what's your point?
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Fri 15 Jun - 21:57:22

white_star wrote:
7amood11 wrote:
white_star wrote:
Tifoso Romanista wrote:
white_star wrote:Go Ireland !!

This borefest of Italy needs to end!

Hater , I didn't see anything Boring in Pirlo's free kick

Nice free kick and then nothing else. They should have went out and fully attacked Croatia instead of that crap they pull every time they score first. 2006 they had a team designed to win ugly and it worked an props to them. This year they plain and simply suck!

Still better than Poland. :coffee:

Like I did not know that, you just discovered America congrats Columbus!! :facepalm:

So because I don't like Italy and I don't like their football you have to get all wound up? Watch and support who ever you like I don't care but your not going to convince me so don't waste your time!

I hope that the people defending Italy are Italians because if your a different nationality and supporting a team that is not your country, that's just retarded!

Of course I support my own country before Italy, what did you expect? But because they're not participating I'm going for Italy because most of their squad are Juve players.

7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by T0tti Fri 15 Jun - 23:05:52

Will Italy get 2004ed again ? - Page 3 Xin_43060123092713158497

loool Very Happy

:coffee:
T0tti
T0tti
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Sat 16 Jun - 1:29:10

People think Denmark v Swedem was fixed? :facepalm:

Do people not know about the rivalry between those two countries? It's like England vs Scotland or Argentina vs Uruguay. The notion that both teams would entertain the thought of letting their rivals get through the group stage is laughable. Now, if it had been for example Denmark vs Italy with Sweden needing to get through, you can imagine it in that scenario. But rivals helping each other progress? LOL!
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat 16 Jun - 1:33:32

Argentina would definitely arange a draw with Uruguay lol. It's me vs my brother against us vs a stranger.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Sat 16 Jun - 1:44:27

che wrote:so two teams playing out a predictable result that benefits them both is match fixing now?

:facepalm:

Well yes. That is what match fixing is. LOL
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Sat 16 Jun - 1:48:19

Germany Austria 1982. Happens all the time between cousins regardless of rivalry this time at Algeria's expense, who had beaten Germany in an historic match:

"West Germany versus Austria was a 1982 FIFA World Cup game that changed the rules of future World Cup tournaments. In German the match is known as Nichtangriffspakt von Gijón (lit. Non-aggression pact of Gijón)[1] or Schande von Gijón (lit. Shame of Gijón). In Algeria it is known as the Anschluss.[2]
The match was the last game of the first-round Group 2, with Algeria and Chile having played already the day before. With that game already decided, a win by one or two goals for West Germany would result in both sides qualifying, at the expense of Algeria, which had beaten Germany in the first game. After 10 minutes, Germany scored the 1–0 lead. As the game progressed, both teams seemed to be content with the result, giving the impression of both sides having an unspoken agreement to play for a 1–0 German win."
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat 16 Jun - 6:52:00

:facepalm: its just as likely Denmark and Sweeden would fix a result as it is Celtic and Rangers would fix a result ffs, this rivalry means more to them then eliminating Italy, honestly i think just getting out of the group was a big acheivment for these teams and was probably their main goal of the competition, I doubt that they cared who they played in the elimination rounds
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next