urbaNRoots
The Lizard King
la bestia negra
VivaStPauli
rwo power
28 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Group B: Denmark vs Germany discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Group B: Denmark vs Germany discussion

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:23 pm

I dont disagree, but i also have to judge him by what he does and what he doesnt do. If he makes mistakes on his own and is culpable of poor defending, we have to say it. It's mitigated by the fact that the system and Alba left him open, but it's still a bit of a stinker.

On the other hand, i wont shower guys like Hummels and Badstuber as much as some do because their teams defend a lot better as a whole, and it's al;ways easier to double team an attacker than to go on 1v1 against him. But even then, they have looked more assured in my opinion.

I give more credits to guys like Agger and Pepe who are in suspect teams and have to carry a lot on their own.

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Group B: Denmark vs Germany discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Group B: Denmark vs Germany discussion

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:31 pm

agree with you there, Agger and Epep where probably the best defenders in this tourny so far considering who they have next to each other lol
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:37 pm

Agger deserves more credit than Pepe IMO..... Agger is by himself lol.

Yes Portugal's midfield is shat defensively but atleast Pepe has Coentrao, Alves and Pereira alongside him in the back 4 in fact its probably one of the better defenses.

Pepe has been great apart from losing Bendtner for one of the goals but lets not pretend he's keeping Portugal's defence afloat by himself.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:41 pm

I like how everyone is concealing some of Pepe's costly mistakes within the tournament.

Whats more funny (and tragic) is how they single out Pepe as the sole tower in the central defensive line and don't even mention Bruno Alves who has been an absolute beast.

Alves I would say has been even better than Pepe the butcher.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:44 pm

pepe at fault for 2 goals... alves>him in the euro (just in the euro,because hes shet)
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:46 pm

true but I think Agger lost out on duels as well, but he had to do the job of two lol, tbh i dont even rate Alves the game against both Denmark and Holland were shocking id love for Rolando to start next to Epep next time

Pereira is still a noob and Cacktrao is good when you play defensive, i thought Agger and Epep did exactly the same in the sense that they were the ones running forward to do quick interceptions and both excelled, but then i think it differs from person to person who you thought was the best, i think Epep edged it, while you think Agger did and tbh its very close because you cant really fault them for much

back four this tourny

RB-Epep-Agger-Lahm
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:48 pm

Ganso wrote:pepe at fault for 2 goals... alves>him in the euro (just in the euro,because hes shet)

Alves has been hopeless this tournament, i remember the time when people overhyped him and imo he is more of a liability than Albitrolol is, didnt know he was this bad until i saw him... goosh how bad he was

Epep was only at faul well semi-fault for one goal, he jumped too fast but the cross shouldnt even have happened hadn't it been for stupid Cacktrao
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:50 pm

So far its Debuchy-Hummels-Agger-Lahm IMO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:56 pm

Pepe made some mistakes, and so did most CBs in the tourney. He dropped his marking on two occasions on Gomez and Bendy, and they took a goal each time.

But i also recall Gomez blistering past Agger but failing to finish properly. Or RVP consistently getting in the back of Hummels on through balls but fluffing the finish.

same kind of mistakes, whether the attacker finishes is something else enterely.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:06 pm

Group B: Denmark vs Germany discussion - Page 4 EURO-2012-Public-Viewing-Hamburg

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:08 pm

Pepe could do nothing about Gomez's goal. He was easily going to clear that cross until the ball took an unfortunate deflection leaving Pepe nowhere. You can't blame him for that.

For Bendy even Alves was caught out and he should have been marking Dennish Rommedahl who cut the ball back and Denmark scored.

Yes Pepe is not carrying their defense and all credit should not go to him, but lets not pile every goal Portugal concede on him and he has been a beast and certainly better than Alves so far. Pretty sure he has made more tackles, interceptions and blocks than Alves. Well from an eye test it seems that way. Some stats might help.
Lets not forget he scored a crucial goal as well.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:05 pm

Agger & Hummels are hands down the 2 best CB's in the tournament. Pepe is nowhere near. He is above average,good maybe,that is it. Nothing impressive.

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:05 pm

Well, he still impressed me, but that's only because a lot of defenses have looked bad.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:41 pm

Badstuber has played better than any CB in this Euro tournament, next to him is Hummels.

it's not surprising that Real Madrid fans are here to praise the likes of Ramos who have played against defensive teams like Italy, and pathetic Ireland. even with that, their performance can't and doesn't still match Badstubers performance playing against much more stronger teams like Holland, Portugal and Denmark.

I repeat even with that their performance doesn't still match that of Badstuber.

I was just thinking that again Ramos and Pepe performance doesn't match that of Badstuber, on a second thought my worth as a football analysis is less than 50cent and yet I can come into a conclusion that their performance doesn't match that of Badstuber

I don't want to mention Pepe because he doesn't belong here, he's far behind especially when you take into consideration how Mario Gomez raped him.

and lets not forget that their performance doesn't equal that of Badstuber and also it was C.Ronaldo who destroyed Holland but before that lets remember that Gomez has already blew them apart, but what I'm most concerned with and want to point out, is that it was Boateng who kept C.Ronaldo in his pocket when they played Germany.

Taking all this into consideration I'm force to agree with stats and expect that this is the best defensive line-up so far in this competition.

---------------Neuer----------------
Boateng-Hummels-Badstuber-Lahm

Honorary mention: Agger, Bender and that's that.

Last edited by The Messiah on Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:48 pm

The Messiah wrote:Badstuber has played better than any CB in this Euro tournament, next to him is Hummels.

it's not surprising that Real Madrid fans are here to praise the likes of Ramos who have played against defensive teams like Italy, and pathetic Ireland. even with that, their performance can't and doesn't still match Badstubers performance playing against much more stronger teams like Holland, Portugal and Denmark.

I don't want to mention Pepe because he doesn't belong here, he's far behind especially when you take into consideration how Mario Gomez raped him.

and lets not forget it was C.Ronaldo who destroyed Holland but before that lets remember that Gomez has already blew them apart, but what I'm most concerned with and want to point out, is that it was Boateng who kept C.Ronaldo in his pocket when they played Germany.

Taking all this into consideration I'm force to agree with stats and expect that this is the best defensive line-up so far in this competition.

--------------------Neuer----------------
Boateng-Hummels-Badstuber-Lahm

Honorary mention: Agger, Bender and that's that.

at least you admit you are biased Laughing

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:21 pm

The Messiah :bow:

Denmark much stronger than Italy, I agree :bow:
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4