Is Zlatan Ibrahimovic the 2nd best 'Striker' in the world ?

+26
Ganso
danyjr
guest7
Arquitecto
Gemini
urbaNRoots
the xcx
BarrileteCosmico
FennecFox7
billionmillion
vivabarca38
Eman
Onyx
Mamad
7amood11
Harmonica
S
halamadrid2
fatman123
Kingofeverythingclassy
The Sanchez
Lord Hades
DRK
Forza
The Messiah
BigBadBen
30 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Is Zlatan Ibrahimovic the 2nd best 'Striker' in the world ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Zlatan Ibrahimovic the 2nd best 'Striker' in the world ?

Post by Lord Hades Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:13 pm

well for me strikers are basically judged first on their goal tally and ronaldo is much ahead of ibra in that category, and sure ibra is more creative( that point isnt arguably) but he isnt as consistent in all competitions at club level as is ronaldo, and that really matters.. plus ronaldo is faster ,which is a very important aspect in football .. just my opinion though

Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Is Zlatan Ibrahimovic the 2nd best 'Striker' in the world ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Zlatan Ibrahimovic the 2nd best 'Striker' in the world ?

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:47 pm

jiopsi wrote:I agree that his throughballs and build up play are good, but he scored only 23 open play goals this season, 35 overall 1/3 being penalties. Even in Italy Cavani (26) and Di Natale (24) scored more open play goals this season.

which is why i said he isnt a striker, Benzema scored 21 open play goals, doesnt mean he was bad

it just that the other forwards in Milan just arent on the same page as him, he has to do the creating AND scoring when he is best when he creates for others
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:52 pm

Lord Hades wrote: well for me strikers are basically judged first on their goal tally and ronaldo is much ahead of ibra in that category, and sure ibra is more creative( that point isnt arguably) but he isnt as consistent in all competitions at club level as is ronaldo, and that really matters.. plus ronaldo is faster ,which is a very important aspect in football .. just my opinion though

Ronaldo has to be practically fed in front of goal to score, i don't think he has ever scored a 1v1 with nobody pressing him

Ibra in our system would score more than Ronaldo imho, not only that but he would feed his team-mates as well not to mention his freekicks are 10^21341234 better than Ronaldos... Ronaldo gets dominated by the Ballesteros/Abates and all the other mediocre players of the world.... not seen anyone dominate Ibra when he is not lazily just walking around shouting at everybody
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:05 pm

there is neymar who i think 2nd best striker after messi
as a player neymar=ibra
neymar after getting europe experience>ibra and ronaldo
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:09 pm

neymar is better........at being a fanny other than that he is horrid, watched him plenty of times the new slightly poor mans Robinho in the making
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:42 pm

come on this is just ridiculous. Ibra is one of my favorite players, and imo is better for example then benzema. But ronaldo is much better like it or not. Honestly some people expect him to take the ball from his net and get past the whole team to be considered a good player. Unreal.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:48 pm

no i just expect him to be a better link up player and not just steal all our forwards goals, will never forget the game where he tried to steal Higgys goal and it ended up going out and then moaned at Higgy i mean seriously

if Ronaldo was put in Sweden, he would sit on the bench because he is so crap, that guy relies on service and if he doesn't get it, immediately becomes shite

quite different with Ibra and Missi they doesn't need service to be good, b'c they create it themselves
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:53 pm

Ibra is a SS, why are we comparing him to 9s? He's obviously better than the crowd of Falcao, Higgy, Gomez, etc. he can get a team built around his class, whereas these guys can't because they contribute relatively little to build up play.

As far as Ibra vs Ronaldo is concerned, I agree that if you put both of them in a championship side Ibra would come out looking much better, but some people here are suggesting Ronaldo is nothing more than a poacher, which is ridiculously wrong.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:53 pm

Laughing
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBadBen Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:56 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:come on this is just ridiculous. Ibra is one of my favorite players, and imo is better for example then benzema. But ronaldo is much better like it or not. Honestly some people expect him to take the ball from his net and get past the whole team to be considered a good player. Unreal.

Well no offense, but you have a Ronaldo avatar & signature.

Rightfully or wrongfully, I have to take your comment/opinion with a pinch of salt.

Ronaldo is faster & more clinical/better finisher. He's also better at long range efforts (Zlatan is good at them too mind), he scores some amazing goals from range every year. His free kicks are occasionally great from long range.

Thats about it really.

Zlatan is stronger, a better passer, better 'vision' (playmaking), better hold up play. As good as Ronaldo at penalties, if not better. Zlatans free kicks are better, at close range (20-25 yards).

And for me Zlatan is better at beating his man, 1 on 1, face to face, Ronaldo doesn't dribble past players as good as he used too. His dribbling has deteriorated, much like Wayne Rooneys has.

For me Zlatan offers more.

BigBadBen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:00 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
Lord Hades wrote: well for me strikers are basically judged first on their goal tally and ronaldo is much ahead of ibra in that category, and sure ibra is more creative( that point isnt arguably) but he isnt as consistent in all competitions at club level as is ronaldo, and that really matters.. plus ronaldo is faster ,which is a very important aspect in football .. just my opinion though

Ronaldo has to be practically fed in front of goal to score, i don't think he has ever scored a 1v1 with nobody pressing him

Ibra in our system would score more than Ronaldo imho, not only that but he would feed his team-mates as well not to mention his freekicks are 10^21341234 better than Ronaldos... Ronaldo gets dominated by the Ballesteros/Abates and all the other mediocre players of the world.... not seen anyone dominate Ibra when he is not lazily just walking around shouting at everybody

i was going to make a very sharp worded remark but after reading the rest of the paragraph i think you are kidding lol ..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:01 pm

BigBadBen wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:come on this is just ridiculous. Ibra is one of my favorite players, and imo is better for example then benzema. But ronaldo is much better like it or not. Honestly some people expect him to take the ball from his net and get past the whole team to be considered a good player. Unreal.

Well no offense, but you have a Ronaldo avatar & signature.

Rightfully or wrongfully, I have to take your comment with a pinch of salt.

Ronaldo is faster & more clinical/better finisher. He's also better at long range efforts (Zlatan is good at them too mind), he scores some amazing goals from range every year. His free kicks are occasionally great from long range.

Thats about it really.

Zlatan is stronger, a better passer, better 'vision' (playmaking), better hold up play. As good as Ronaldo at penalties, if not better. Zlatans free kicks are better, at close range (20-25 yards).

And for me Zlatan is better at beating his man, 1 on 1, face to face, Ronaldo doesn't dribble past players as good as he used too. His dribbling has deteriorated, much like Wayne Rooneys has.

For me Zlatan offers more.
Are those attributes reluctant to be an 2nd best striker?...You described him more as a playmaker rather than striker.

Last edited by Nameless on Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBadBen Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:07 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Ibra is a SS, why are we comparing him to 9s? He's obviously better than the crowd of Falcao, Higgy, Gomez, etc. he can get a team built around his class, whereas these guys can't because they contribute relatively little to build up play.

As far as Ibra vs Ronaldo is concerned, I agree that if you put both of them in a championship side Ibra would come out looking much better, but some people here are suggesting Ronaldo is nothing more than a poacher, which is ridiculously wrong.

What more does Ronaldo do, other than shoot & attempt to score ?

Every time I've watched him, in the last few years, he will play the occasional decent pass. And he will sometimes, when out wide, do about 15 step overs, before knocking the ball to the side and whipping in a cross. Sometimes the cross is very poor, other times it's pretty good.

He does the basics, like playing a short pass back to a team mate, before making a run.

But he's not exactly an amazing crosser, playmaker, passer, dribbler, etc etc

And his workrate/tracking back is exceptionally low for a 'winger'. He often gives his fullback no/little cover.

Don't get me wrong, Ronaldos a great player, anyone who scores 60 goals in 1 season is obviously an exceptional player, but Ibrahimovic is better, in my opinion.

And I agree, Ronaldo offers more than a Gomez/Huntelaar/Falcao.

Last edited by BigBadBen on Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:14 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling errors)

BigBadBen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBadBen Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:12 pm

Nameless wrote:
Are those attributes reluctant to be an 2nd best striker?...You describe him more as a playmaker rather than striker.

Those are good attributes for any attacking player to have.

Most people view Wayne Rooney as being a much better player/striker than Huntelaar.

Quite simply, many people, like their strikers to offer more than goals.

Much like many, Manchester United fans (and Sir Alex, it would seem), prefer Welbeck over Hernandez.

Hernandez may offer more goals, but Welbeck, can do so much more.

Last edited by BigBadBen on Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

BigBadBen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:14 pm

Eman wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:RVP is a one season wonder, i have just noticed how crap he is, his first touch is worse than Khediras
No. He has actually had outstanding goal and assist per game ratios for many years now, except this year he wasn't injured. You can't write off someone who had a great season with the only evidence being that he has played poorly for 1.5/2 games recently.

Just ignore him, van Persie scores most of his goal due to his fantastic first touch yet somehow he has a mediocre first touch.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:18 pm

One things for sure Ibrahimovic must be the strongest striker in the world lol, the way he bullied terry & lescott, was fascinating!

I would seriously consider what I'd want from my striker to call him the best though, and if you consider Ronaldo & Messi as strikers then, no he's not the best or 2nd best.

Gemini
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:21 pm

BigBadBen wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Ibra is a SS, why are we comparing him to 9s? He's obviously better than the crowd of Falcao, Higgy, Gomez, etc. he can get a team built around his class, whereas these guys can't because they contribute relatively little to build up play.

What more does Ronaldo do, other than shoot & attempt to score ?

Every time I've watched him, in the last few years, he will play the occasional decent pass. And he will sometimes, when out wide, do about 15 step overs, before knocking the ball to the side and whipping in a cross. Sometimes the cross is very poor, other times it's pretty good.

He does the basics, like playing a short pass back to a team mate, before making a run.

But he's not exactly an amazing crosser, playmaker, passer, dribbler, etc etc

And his workrate/tracking back is exceptionally low for a 'winger'. He often gives his fullback no/little cover.

Don't get me wrong, Ronaldos a great player, anyone who scores 60 goals in 1 season is obviously an exceptional player, but Ibrahimovic is better, in my opinion.

And I agree, Ronaldo offers more than a Gomez/Huntelaar/Falcao.

this was about the better striker ,their primary job is to threaten in an offensive sense . i dont think ibrahimovic is more of a goal threat than ronaldo ..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:24 pm

Too many flawed logics here Ben.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:24 pm

This title cannot be debated to well mostly due to the fact that Zlatan is simply by no means a striker in any form. Never has been for clubs (except maybe Ajax) and certainly not for Sweden. If anything he is a Trequartista who can score goals like anything.

That being said for me Zlatan is simply the most complete player within his category imo.

Pace? I guess no one has seen Milan vs Arsenal or just yesterday where lazy Zlatan made some incredibly pacy runs combined with his near super human strength.

There is NO ONE like him in football for me at the moment.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBadBen Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:26 pm

Gemini wrote:One things for sure Ibrahimovic must be the strongest striker in the world lol, the way he bullied terry & lescott, was fascinating!

I would seriously consider what I'd want from my striker to call him the best though, and if you consider Ronaldo & Messi as strikers then, no he's not the best or 2nd best.

It was hilarious, to see 'big man' John Terry getting shoved to the floor.

I swear, when Zlatan has the ball, some players are afraid to tackle him. You can see the fear on their faces.

Sometimes, he will stand still with the ball, whilst a defender is bricking it, infront of him, not even attempting to tackle him. He's one of the only players, I've seen who, will stand still, and at times, players won't even attempt to get it off him.

He uses his size exceptionally well, which gives him an extra dimension, playing as a target man, holding it up for his team mates to arrive.

He does what many people want/expect players like Andy Carroll to do. Use their strength/size to bully defenders. He does it so much better than the vast majority of target men, I've seen.

And he offers much more, due to his playmaking, ball control/dribbling, finishing. etc, etc

BigBadBen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:32 pm

yes zlatan does have pace but are you telling me his pace is as lethal as ronaldo's ? because thats just wrong, also zlatan doesnt have the highest work rate either , sure ronaldo is no di maria but he will still run a lot and work hard in an offensive sense.. this picture of him sitting in the box waiting for a throughball from ozil is just wrong imo
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:35 pm

I love Zlatan but he isn't better than Ronaldo.

It's very close though, but Ronaldo edges it.

Zlatan isn't a striker, but he can play there. He was a 10 in his youth and plays like a 10/SS for Sweden (plays behind Elmander).

It was Capello that transformed him into a ST. Capello saw he had a powerful shot and helped him improve his goalscoring, as he states in his book.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBadBen Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:39 pm

Lord Hades wrote:

this was about the better striker ,their primary job is to threaten in an offensive sense . i dont think ibrahimovic is more of a goal threat than ronaldo ..

Well if you think Ronaldo is better then fair enough.

I don't however. As I said, I among others, prefer strikers/attackers to do more than score. Ofcourse scoring is a huge part of their job, but Zlatan scores enough, 35 in 44 games is a great return, yes he scored many penalties (12), but Ronaldo scored 14.

And Zlatan has a better international scoring record. Ofcourse Ronaldo plays out wide, but as many are pointing out here, Zlatan is almost/practically is a SS.

But too each their own.

Last edited by BigBadBen on Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

BigBadBen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:40 pm

Yeah well he certainly has the attributes, it's just that messi is a freak of nature and is too good, and Ronaldo is overachieving, I think anyway.

If you want a target man/playmaker forward then ibra's the man lol!

I think it's fair to say that for national team ibra is probably the best striker though perhaps, since he's carrying sweden pretty well.

Gemini
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BigBadBen Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:45 pm

Gemini wrote:Yeah well he certainly has the attributes, it's just that messi is a freak of nature and is too good, and Ronaldo is overachieving, I think anyway.

If you want a target man/playmaker forward then ibra's the man lol!

I think it's fair to say that for national team ibra is probably the best striker though perhaps, since he's carrying sweden pretty well.

I agree, Sweden are practically a one man team.

Everything goes through him. Watching him for Sweden, is what makes me think/ know he'd be much, much better than Ronaldo, playing for a lesser team. He can carry a team on his shoulders.

Whilst this Portugal side isn't exactly amazing, its certainly better than this Sweden side. And for me Zlatan is much more impressive internationally than Ronaldo is.

Ronaldo hasn't impressed recently for Portugal, Nani has done better than him in many games.

BigBadBen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:34 am

halamadrid2 wrote:no i just expect him to be a better link up player and not just steal all our forwards goals

if Ronaldo was put in Sweden, he would sit on the bench because he is so crap, that guy relies on service and if he doesn't get it, immediately becomes shite

quite different with Ibra and Missi they doesn't need service to be good, b'c they create it themselves

/thread
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next