AT the moment where does Cristiano Ronaldo belong to?

+7
Gil
vizkosity
SchinnerC
daneq
Le Samourai
VanDeezNuts
jibers
11 posters

Go down

AT the moment where does Cristiano Ronaldo belong to? Empty AT the moment where does Cristiano Ronaldo belong to?

Post by jibers Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:19 am

If an all time madrid and an all time United squad were created today, what club would Ronaldo be in? We all know Zidane and Bahggio would probably pick RM and Fiorenina over Juve and Beckhame would pick Uniyted over Madrid, but what team would Ronaldo start based on everything he's done?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

AT the moment where does Cristiano Ronaldo belong to? Empty Re: AT the moment where does Cristiano Ronaldo belong to?

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:34 am

more likely to start for the manu all time xi thats for sure.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

AT the moment where does Cristiano Ronaldo belong to? Empty Re: AT the moment where does Cristiano Ronaldo belong to?

Post by jibers Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:08 am

vanDEEZ wrote:more likely to start for the manu all time xi thats for sure.

Yea I thought so. I wouldprobably put him with a madriod all time 11 squad seeing as he wanted to go there. He would more likely be in a madrid squad than a United if it came down to choice imo. He didnt break any records for United, but hes already ypur best player since Zidane quite comfortably.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:13 am

You mean in terms of players who joined after Zidane left? Because Iker especially and a couple others are not impressed.

And he would not even make a all time 23 man squad.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by daneq Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:27 am

He would want to be in Madrid if up to him, obviously. For us? Meh, we won't argue, you can have him. He wouldn't make Madrids all time 11, but might just make ManU's
daneq
daneq
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:38 am

daneq wrote:He would want to be in Madrid if up to him, obviously. For us? Meh, we won't argue, you can have him. He wouldn't make Madrids all time 11, but might just make ManU's

Taking external factors out, yea he would. Him and best on either wings sounds about right. I love Giggs but Lets be honest, Ronaldo is a level above him, no shame in that tbh
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SchinnerC Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:46 am

Giggs has to be there ahead of Ronaldo imho. I was a Ronaldo fanboy, no shame in that but you simply can't disregard what Giggsy had achieved in his career with United. Beckham won't make the 11 either. He can't be better than Best.

What team does Cassano belongs to? tongue Take your time
SchinnerC
SchinnerC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:00 am

SchinnerC wrote:Giggs has to be there ahead of Ronaldo imho. I was a Ronaldo fanboy, no shame in that but you simply can't disregard what Giggsy had achieved in his career with United. Beckham won't make the 11 either. He can't be better than Best.

What team does Cassano belongs to? tongue Take your time

i think he meant talent-wise, ronaldo is better
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SchinnerC Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:13 am

Nope he was talking about Ronaldo being in our all time 11. Giggs is better technically and tactically too imo. What Ronaldo has though is flair and his natural explosiveness. I can't argue with Ronaldo being more talented though as mental qualities should also be categorised under talent.
SchinnerC
SchinnerC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:05 am

SchinnerC wrote:Nope he was talking about Ronaldo being in our all time 11. Giggs is better technically and tactically too imo. What Ronaldo has though is flair and his natural explosiveness. I can't argue with Ronaldo being more talented though as mental qualities should also be categorised under talent.

I'm sorry but this is just drivel. Tell me at what point was Giggs calle dthe best player in the world? Ronaldo is bettter than Giggs at his peak ffs.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SchinnerC Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:24 am

Yes and that's the point I was making. Ronaldo > Giggs because Ronaldo's mentally stronger. Scoring as consistently as he takes hunger and determination, that's a talent. But that does not mean he deserve a spot in United best 11 more than Giggs who committed himself to United for a decade and a half, winning 12 Premier League titles and 2 UCL titles amongst others. You should already know this.

Ronaldo is the better player overall but Giggs deserves a spot in the United all time 11 more than him.
SchinnerC
SchinnerC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:54 pm

I would put him in the all time United 11 for balance, to me it's a competition between Giggs and best because at their peaks they played very similar roles , running at defenders, dragging defenses apart, Ronaldo on the other side would benefit form that more than either of them.

I do think however, Giggs has done much more for United.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:50 pm

He's already a Top 10 Madrid player of all time. Lets not kid ourselves.

People wouldn't be claiming Giggs ( :facepalm: ) was better than him if Messi wasn't born yet.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:14 pm

Are you serious? You are... ok then...I'll go ahead and name 15 Spanish players more legendary for Real Madrid than him if you want more say so.

Zamora
Camacho
Hierro
Pirri
Gento
Raul
Iker
Amanciano
Brutagueno
Zarraga
Michel
Chendo
Sanchis
Santillana.

Didn't even have to include naturalized guys like Santamaria and Di Sefano Laughing GTFO.

Football existed before Chelsea became relevant you know.

Last edited by Le Samourai on Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:15 pm

Gil wrote:He's already a Top 10 Madrid player of all time. Lets not kid ourselves.

People wouldn't be claiming Giggs ( :facepalm: ) was better than him if Messi wasn't born yet.

lol no he's not

Back to top Go down

Post by SchinnerC Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:29 pm

Some people think I wrote Giggs is better than Ronaldo :facepalm:
SchinnerC
SchinnerC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:32 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Are you serious? You are... ok then...I'll go ahead and name 15 Spanish players more legendary for Real Madrid than him if you want more say so.

Zamora
Camacho
Hierro
Pirri
Gento
Raul
Iker
Amanciano
Brutagueno
Zarraga
Michel
Chendo
Sanchis
Santillana.

Didn't even have to include naturalized guys like Santamaria and Di Sefano Laughing GTFO.

Football existed before Chelsea became relevant you know.

In terms of longevity maybe. But if we're talking about talent and individual accomplishments, he's a Top 10 player. Maybe even 5.

I mean it only took him 2½ seasons to become a Top 10 goalscorer in Madrid's history ffs. 2½!!!!!!!!!!

Was the little Chelsea dig necessary btw? Laughing
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:43 pm

Who the hell cares about goal scoring stats ffs?

Wasn't a dig at Chelsea, Chelsea is a club, it goes through cycles , It's you who is completely disregarding 100 years of history that you don't even have the slightest clue about.

Sanchez was a better goalscorer than him no matter what any stats say.He doesn't come close to Di Stefano , Puskas and Raul as a complete player.

In 1 season.he took more shots than Raul did in the last 6 seasons of his Madrid Carreer.....but it's some amazing anomaly that he's breaking scoring records.

Last edited by Le Samourai on Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:44 pm

This discussion is separated into two different levels that people will look at and decide which is more important to them:

Individual records
Longevity and Impact.

People will always value one over the other.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:05 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Who the hell cares about goal scoring stats ffs?

Wasn't a dig at Chelsea, Chelsea is a club, it goes through cycles , It's you who is completely disregarding 100 years of history that you don't even have the slightest clue about.

Sanchez was a better goalscorer than him no matter what any stats say.He doesn't come close to Di Stefano , Puskas and Raul as a complete player.

In 1 season.he took more shots than Raul did in the last 6 seasons of his Madrid Carreer.....but it's some amazing anomaly that he's breaking scoring records.

This is a borderline disgrace. Hence why I said Madrid suqd. Ronaldo wuuld never start for Madri's first 11.

...........................Iker.........................
......................Santamaria.......................
............Hierro......................Camacho...............
......................Redonodo.....................
.............Pirri.......................Zidane............
........................Di Stefano............Gento.......
.................Raul..................Puskas.................

Thats leaving out Sanchez, Santilla, Amancio from attack! Laughing

And Makelele as well. Hell even Sanchiz and helguera deserve more of a starting place ffs.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:11 pm

He (Ronaldo) would probably start more for Man Utd than Real Madrid all time XI. He had more impact with Man Utd than Real Madrid so far. Of course, one cannot ignore the records Ronaldo just broke in Real Madrid colours and to all I know, he might have the same impact at Real he had at Man Utd.

But at the moment, he would more start with Man Utd...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:12 pm

Gil wrote:He's already a Top 10 Madrid player of all time. Lets not kid ourselves.

AT the moment where does Cristiano Ronaldo belong to? Whats-going-on-in-this-thr
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:46 pm

Right now he would start for a United XI not a Madrid one, but when I regard the original question of the OP and you consider that he has always been a Madrid fan and that was the club he wanted to go to as a child, I think by the end of his career he will be more well known for his Real Madrid time than his Man United one. By that time I think he will be at least on the bench for an all time XI.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:07 pm

If he keeps performing like in the next 2-3 years, like he has done since he came, he will be on the bench of an all-time XI no doubt. The dude scored 150 goals in 3 seasons.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down