Mr Nick09
Kuru
the xcx
halamadrid2
Onyx
50 posters

Page 38 of 43 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 43  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 38 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 24, 2013 8:47 pm

true, but fullback implies that you can attack and create width on your side, which Jallet and VdW can do. they are hax but at least they play both ways. Having a player that is not competent going forward is like shooting yourself in the foot. why do you want to see two arbeloa's on the pitch?

Nacho isnt a fullback, that's it.

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 38 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Onyx Fri May 24, 2013 8:50 pm

Maybe we can just get a versatile midfielder/s like Essien who can cover the fullback positions. I doubt any WC fullbacks will be happy being backup.

However maybe someone old and experienced could join to be backup?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri May 24, 2013 8:51 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:true, but fullback implies that you can attack and create width on your side, which Jallet and VdW can do. they are hax but at least they play both ways. Having a player that is not competent going forward is like shooting yourself in the foot. why do you want to see two arbeloa's on the pitch?

Dude, read my post, I'm saying he can play there and that can be useful in a long season not that he should start with Arbeloa lmao. It's almost like you don't want him to succeed, just give the kid a decent shot.

I'd actually give him a shot at CB next season. Ramos-Varane will likely be our starters and he can be a good back up.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri May 24, 2013 8:52 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Maybe we can just get a versatile midfielder/s like Essien who can cover the fullback positions. I doubt any WC fullbacks will be happy being backup.

However maybe someone old and experienced could join to be backup?

I nominate Srna if we were to sign someone like that.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 24, 2013 8:58 pm

Zealous wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:true, but fullback implies that you can attack and create width on your side, which Jallet and VdW can do. they are hax but at least they play both ways. Having a player that is not competent going forward is like shooting yourself in the foot. why do you want to see two arbeloa's on the pitch?

Dude, read my post, I'm saying he can play there and that can be useful in a long season not that he should start with Arbeloa lmao. It's almost like you don't want him to succeed, just give the kid a decent shot.

I'd actually give him a shot at CB next season. Ramos-Varane will likely be our starters and he can be a good back up.
it's not that i dont want him to succeed, why wouldnt i? but i dont want us to fck with our fullbacks. no no, having arbeloa around is painful enough.

send the lad to a la liga side where he can grow, i would rather keep Albiol as back up CB.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri May 24, 2013 9:00 pm

Bayern have Rafinha and Contento as backups ffs, and they aren't better than Arbeloa and Nacho.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 24, 2013 9:05 pm

can they play both ways and space the pitch? yes, can arbeloa and nacho do that? no. what does "better" means really? nothing. think in terms of what they give you as players. And Bayern use that brazilian DM at LB a lot, while boateng also backs up RB. they can all attack and provide width. it's not a complicated quality, arbeloa and nacho just cant do it lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Fri May 24, 2013 9:20 pm

As i said, we need to get rid of this arbeloa dude asap.

Nacho can be the third backup for cb, rb and lb all together, used as a utility player.

We need to develop youngsters as an alternative to marcelo, carvajal who are more attack minded.

For example, if or when coentrao leaves, we should sign lucas digne (best balanced young lb i can find) and sign some other young rb (dob over 1992) like adam matthews (celtic, also balanced rb like digne).

Addition to that, we need to sign another world's most promising young center back (dob over 1992/3) to replace pepe and keep albiol.

At least thats what i think to secure our defence for a decades.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 24, 2013 9:27 pm

why would you sign another 20 yo CB when your two starters are 27 and 20? Ramos and varane need extensive game time to get used to each other. a 20 yo CB on the bench with no playing time is never going to improve, and dont expect every youngsters to look like varane, they certainly wont, from the bench. when your starting CBs are that young you need veteran presence for backup. decade my arse, more silliness. how many games of a Digne have you watched? like i am gonna believe that you actually went online to watch a Lille game just for their left back, please go.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Fri May 24, 2013 9:49 pm

Every top club needs at least 3 world class cb's.

I assume we call ramos and varane world class, the departure of pepe will make us weak in defence, which is why we need another young cb, after good scout report, we can always buy another middle aged cb who is gonno be expensive and all, but i would prefer if we have a young one instead. Albiol recent performances suggested we can rely on him (at least more then epep) while the new cb makes his way.

For your information, varane was the one who we had in the bench for a long time and he turned out just fine, just like nastasic, juan, marquenhos and every other young talented rated cb's out there.

If you have read my post carefully it said:
we should sign lucas digne (best balanced young lb i can find)

doesnt mean he is the best lb out there, guaranteed world class and all, but he can be according to many and many scouts, researchers and talent hunters.

in fact i saw him play twice, and he was solid, but thats not why i rated him, i rated him based on what many many sources who regularly watch rate him, and watching him confirmed that. you might not believe that, but i do watch players that are really rated everywhere to see how good they actually are.

one more thing, go where, Laughing

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 24, 2013 9:56 pm

they turn fine because they are starting, and playing everyweek getting better, not because they are stuck on the bench. and again, this tells me just how little appreciation you have for how good Varane is. kid is a near prodigy, fact that you expect other noobs to be stuck on the bench and perform just as well is unrealistic. if Varane hadnt started to play regularly for us, he would have been gone this summer.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri May 24, 2013 10:29 pm

Varane is a phenomenon, you see a defender like him once in 20 years, it's no way you can compare him with Nastasic, Juan or Marquinhos. Yes, they are good, they will probably be WC in the future, but not in Rapha's class.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri May 24, 2013 11:02 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Varane is a phenomenon, you see a defender like him once in 20 years, it's no way you can compare him with Nastasic, Juan or Marquinhos. Yes, they are good, they will probably be WC in the future, but not in Rapha's class.
Please stop....
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri May 24, 2013 11:44 pm

SuperMAG wrote:As i said, we need to get rid of this arbeloa dude asap.

Nacho can be the third backup for cb, rb and lb all together, used as a utility player.

We need to develop youngsters as an alternative to marcelo, carvajal who are more attack minded.

For example, if or when coentrao leaves, we should sign lucas digne (best balanced young lb i can find) and sign some other young rb (dob over 1992) like adam matthews (celtic, also balanced rb like digne).

Addition to that, we need to sign another world's most promising young center back (dob over 1992/3) to replace pepe and keep albiol.

At least thats what i think to secure our defence for a decades.

Show some respect ffs
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Sat May 25, 2013 1:30 am

I am sorry. Arbeloa is a good back up, but Nacho?? Nacho should have been sent on loan to develop.
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sat May 25, 2013 2:19 am

Arbeloa (despite providing almost no attacking depth) can be a good backup. Nacho has proven he's athletic and can play the game but not to the point that he can backup up any potential RB we might bring in, LB, or even our CB for that matter.

I think a loan to any other team in La Liga/Bundesliga would be greatly beneficial for him.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Sat May 25, 2013 9:18 am

lol when did i ever said they are better then varane ffs. i said if we find a talent, and nature it, it can be as good as varane, i would be ok with having nastasic now as a 3rd cb. And besides, albiol has been great, much better then pepe did for whole season.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat May 25, 2013 10:33 am

I don't know whether you are aware of them but we have two defenders called Derik and Llorente under our noses. Maybe you should check whether they have been mentioned on your scouting network channel Rolling Eyes
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat May 25, 2013 10:54 am

We will know what kind of phenom Varane is in the next 2 years... right now, he's only played 2.5 months as a regular. Too early to call him the next defensive Messiah. But he has all the potential and i can't think of a CB who played like this at the age of 18-19. Most CBs come into their own much later.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat May 25, 2013 11:20 am

So Arbeloa and Nacho couldn't play in a cup game or against !?Zaragoza at home ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat May 25, 2013 12:28 pm

How is Di Maria doing with Argentina ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat May 25, 2013 5:12 pm

COPE saying we're interested in Barca's Thiago lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat May 25, 2013 5:17 pm

Zealous wrote:COPE saying we're interested in Barca's Thiago lol
That would make me laugh for years... maybe decades if he became a goat Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat May 25, 2013 5:18 pm

On a serious note, with Neymar gone to Barca, i give it a 99.9% chance we sign Bale. Zizou wanted him over Neymar to start with...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat May 25, 2013 5:18 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Zealous wrote:COPE saying we're interested in Barca's Thiago lol
That would make me laugh for years... maybe decades if he became a goat Laughing

Our number 11 is free as well btw. I could see us giving him that number for extra trolling.

Really hope it happens eco smile
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat May 25, 2013 5:19 pm

sportsczy wrote:On a serious note, with Neymar gone to Barca, i give it a 99.9% chance we sign Bale. Zizou wanted him over Neymar to start with...

Yeah big name signing for us is guaranteed now. Be it Cavani, Bale etc

Flo will want to drop a bomb in retaliation Proud
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 43 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 43  Next