Off Topic: Who Is The Third Best Forward In The World?

+15
Great Leader Sprucenuce
BarrileteCosmico
The Franchise
FennecFox7
The Sanchez
Le Samourai
Valkyrja
CBarca
Donuts
Ganso
Pedram
matpol
Jack Daniels
danyjr
messixaviesta
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Off Topic: Who Is The Third Best Forward In The World? Empty Off Topic: Who Is The Third Best Forward In The World?

Post by messixaviesta Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:30 pm

I suppose we can assume that the two best forwards in the world are Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.

So my question is who is the third best as of today?

There are quite a few very good candidates to consider. Hence I am really keen to know who you all pick.

My current instinct is to say Radamel Falcao.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Off Topic: Who Is The Third Best Forward In The World? Empty Re: Off Topic: Who Is The Third Best Forward In The World?

Post by danyjr Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:18 pm

Agüero and Van Persie.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Off Topic: Who Is The Third Best Forward In The World? Empty Re: Off Topic: Who Is The Third Best Forward In The World?

Post by Jack Daniels Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:28 pm

If you ask me? Zlatan.

Falcao maybe but still Zlatan for me.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:32 pm

Sergio Agüero for me.
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:44 pm

Ibrahimovic or Falcao, can't choose one.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:46 pm

Ibra is the third best imo.If Falcao keeps it up he can overtake that post though
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:53 pm

Ibrahimovic, Aguero then Falcao.
the sudden Falcao band wagon happened recently with his hat trick but consistency is what matters, yes I know he got third in goal tally.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:18 pm

Thanks for the replies guys.

I very much agree with all the names proposed. Falcao, van Persie, Aguero and Ibrahimovic.

No one wants to say Rooney?

Also the point that Ibrahimovic is still the best of them is perhaps correct. We need to wait and watch a little more on Falcao.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:30 pm

Donuts wrote:Ibrahimovic, Aguero then Falcao.
the sudden Falcao band wagon happened recently with his hat trick but consistency is what matters, yes I know he got third in goal tally.
what bandwagon?the guy has been a monster for 2 years
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:49 pm

I think Ibrahimovic edges out Falcao, but then I'd have Falcao and then Aguero.

I agree here with Ganso, there is no bandwagon, Falcao has been destroying defenses now for a while.

Ibra's just...he's been on the top for a long time now and he's consistently really ridiculously good every single year. His worst year was arguably with Barca and he still got what, 22 ish goals and 10+ assists?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:33 pm

Ibra or Falcao. On form Benzema can compete too. Aguero is injured for 6 months !?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:35 pm

Benzema can compete with Higuaín to earn a spot in his team. Very far from being the third best forward in the world, I wouldn't even put him in top 5.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:53 pm

It's interesting.

3 months ago I would never have said this ...but I think Huntelaar is up there, he's changed as a player, Falcao replica with less technique but incredible accuracy.

Benzema on form is needless to say my favorite to watch by some distance, his understanding of space and almost flawless link up play to go with the various wonder goals is lovely stuff. The epitome of Balance and grace with a little power thrown in.

Not sure if that adds to his argument as a forward though.

But right now he is off form and there are internal conflicts at Madrid between him and Mourinhio , so that player may not be seen for some time.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:25 am

Ibra, Aguero and Falco makes the top 5.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:05 am

Ibrahimovic significantly. Falcao as a pure 9, but ibra offers much, much more then scoring. FFS he was the attack and the midfield of milan.

FFS danyjr he said ON form
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:46 am

Ibra. So much so, I feel he is closer to Cristiano than Cristiano is to Messi. Dont want to get off topic so I wont go much further with that, there is no need to include Messi in this discussion at all.

Falcao is the best 9 in the world, I said as much a while ago, his recent goals do nothing to turn that light on for me.

Last season I said he would be 3rd top scorer after Cristiano and Messi in La Liga, he got that. This season, he will probably be even closer to them.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:35 pm

I think Falcao will get closer to them, but only because I can't imagine Ronnie and Messi scoring as much again.

Anyways I agree with Dani. Ibra is on a class of his own, his winning record speaks for him. I don't see PSG getting very far in the CL, so it's likely that his "CL flop" tag will stay there - but that is because most of the teams Ibra has played for make him into their system and there's not enough support for him. It might be the way he prefers it though.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:05 pm

Ibra then Falcao, prefer Ibra because his all round game is superior.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:25 pm

There's a lot of strikers who are all round better than Falcao.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:29 pm

Ibra for me too. Then Van persie, Falcao and Aguero/Benzema

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:14 pm

Benzema? Don't get me wrong, I like him a lot but to say he is the best striker after Messi and Cristiano is ridiculous. For link-up play I actually rate him higher than Cristiano and Falcao but in terms of lethality he's nowhere near the other 5. His consistency has been questionable, for the first season he was in Madrid he flopped, he hasn't been convincing with Les Bleus and while it is too early to make conclusions, his season isn't looking particularly good - for whatever reason but I'm sure he'll be back to his best soon.

Consistency is massive and that is what all the other 5 guys have. There are many players who play jaw-dropping stuff when on top form, Balotelli on top form plays like Pele but how often you see that?
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:57 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:There's a lot of strikers who are all round better than Falcao.

Strikers? Like who?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:14 pm

Messi, Ibrahimovic, Van Persie and maybe Tevez Aquero Surprised
least in my opinion
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:05 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:There's a lot of strikers who are all round better than Falcao.

Strikers? Like who?

Forwards. By all round I mean they offer more.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:55 am

Falcao is a great forward and does what a forward is a supposed to do.
Score.

But I see what you mean mt
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next