LeBĂ©ninois
Swanhends
Babun
71 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Messi in decline - Page 3 Empty Re: Messi in decline

Post by billy_gr Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:13 pm

Crimson wrote:TBH I actually enjoy watching Higuain, Di Maria and Messi more than I do watching Ronaldo, Di Maria, Higuain.......I feel so dirty Sad

Shocked

billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:39 pm

What BC said was right. He might not be pressing as much because of his muscle problem.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:32 pm

Nothing HGH can't fix.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:35 pm

HGH sadly can not cure obesity Laughing

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:50 pm

gnrfan wrote:Sad to say but the madridista is talking sense for once. Since the 2010/11 season messi's stats have exploded but his performances seem to have less ...magic. Much more lurking around the box, rustier dribbling, and just not the same joyous energy he used to have(his vision and passing have got much better tho). For me his apex was the 09/10 season when he had the best of both worlds so to speak. It's easier shown than said I think. Check out this vid of the "old messi" from pep's first season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1d9noEdl9E when is the last time his overall performance has been this good?

LOL, the reason he looked better for that team is because in my opinion that was the best team ever assembled. Instead of passing to Tello or Cuenca it was Henry and Pedro battling it out for a spot with Eto'o in the mix as well.

Not to mention a midfield of Iniesta, Xavi, and Yaya with Puyol still at his peak and Pique as a much better player then he was last year as he had a poor season. Add Dani Alves and Abidal and he has much better options to play with and a lot of teams couldn't double him as much.

But still you are talking about a guy who just had over 70 goals and almost 30 assists.

Talk about nitpicking, it's insane I mean is this a thread really asking for Messi to do more?

Also, you have no clue what the Argentina coach asks him to do as far as pressing but watching the last game vs Paraguay he was pressing all over the field.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:52 pm

Sometimes less is more dnmac.

I actually think that if Messi didn't focus too much on scoring Barca might have a better shot at trophies.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:06 pm

Of course Messi on wings looked better and more magical. in center its more difficult to do . if you want to look like PlayStation go to wings
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:27 pm

Gil wrote:Been saying this for ages now.his fetish for being the center of attention is exactly why Guardiola quit.

He scored 40 from out wide but wanted to play through the middle even though Barca had WC strikers like Eto'o & Ibra. He was averaging 40 again play upfront but he then wanted to become Barca's number one playmaker and Xavi who was averaging 20+ assists a season had to suffer for it.

Because he's a turnover machine & one of the biggest ball dominant players in footballing history, WC players like Villa, Ibra, Cesc, Sanchez etc haveactually regressed rather than improve when playing with him. Same thing with Argentina who have become a joke when he became the main man over there.

The faux choir boy act will never hide the fact he's a glory seeking stat padding w**nker.

Now people are wanking over his FK's despite not even being Top 3 in his own team at it. Laughing

Same with his crappy pens.

Single-handedly ruined Pep's & Barca's dynasty.

Messi has never scored 40 from the wing. It was Guardiola who moved Messi into a false 9, against Real Madrid, in the 2-6 win, in 08/09, so already you have been found out (nothing but a troll). And, thanks to Guardiola, Messi's tally, since moving to what is his more dominant position has increased rapidly.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrekkisfat Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:29 pm

So Mr.Messi only scored 73 goals.I dont think Everton even scored 73 goals in all competitions.
Shrekkisfat
Shrekkisfat
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:43 pm

Zealous wrote:Sometimes less is more dnmac.

I actually think that if Messi didn't focus too much on scoring Barca might have a better shot at trophies.

Jesus Christ, how many more trophies do you need this guy to win? I'm sorry but this 2 trophies in 2 years has really gone to some Madrid fans heads.

Messi had almost no help in the scoring department last year with Villa being Injured and Sanchez not on form all the time and with his 30 assists if he wasn't scoring he was putting it on a plate for someone else, shit even Xavi had to step up and have his best scoring year last year because he knew we had issues in that area.

Remember when Messi won La Liga and Wesley Sneijder had a beast year it was said that Messi didn't win enough that year.

Well that's the exact same year you guys had last year and you celebrate it like you won the triple or something.

Some of you need to get a grip. None of you have any clue how much he is told to track back by his managers and for a guy like me who watches all of his game there is a difference but it is very small and certainly not worth a thread especially when the man had almost 30 assists and 70 goals.

I LOL at a madrid fan saying if he didn't focus so much on scoring Barca would have a better shot at trophies when the year he had more assists ever in his career and almost anyone else in europe he won less trophies then in other years.

If you watch Messi you know he looks to create scoring, he doesn't look for goals and yes there's a difference. He's just as happy hitting that killer pass as he is scoring unlike someone we all know who barley celebrates with his teammates when they score.

This is especially obvious when he plays for Argentina when he has the likes of Di Maria, Kun and Higgy to work with.

I'm sorry for the rant but it really grinds my gears when people who celebrate Ronaldo try to act like Messi is selfish.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:05 am

gnrfan wrote:
Sad to say but the madridista is talking sense for once. Since the 2010/11 season messi's stats have exploded but his performances seem to have less ...magic. Much more lurking around the box, rustier dribbling, and just not the same joyous energy he used to have(his vision and passing have got much better tho). For me his apex was the 09/10 season when he had the best of both worlds so to speak. It's easier shown than said I think. Check out this vid of the "old messi" from pep's first season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1d9noEdl9E when is the last time his overall performance has been this good?

It's easy to look back on that season and remember only the magical moments. This last season was a grind, and Messi was outstanding, despite not winning a CL or liga. Sometimes, that's how it goes. It's football.
He shouldered the entire burden of a team riddled with problems, despite all the talented players. 73 goals and 35 assists FFS!
If you want to see magic, just go watch his best goals from last season. You won't be disappointed.

Either you're trolling or clueless.

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:07 am

Gotta agree with Babun here. His recent runs have been semi decent and looks like he has lost his first touch and decision making. I would have been looking for a backup right about now.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:21 am

Nameless wrote:Gotta agree with Babun here. His recent runs have been semi decent and looks like he has lost his first touch and decision making. I would have been looking for a backup right about now.
:bow:
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:28 am

Zealous wrote:Sometimes less is more dnmac.

rofl
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:56 am

The same goes for Cristiano btw (So you can stop laughing josh eco smile)
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:47 am

Gil wrote:Been saying this for ages now.his fetish for being the center of attention is exactly why Guardiola quit.

He scored 40 from out wide but wanted to play through the middle even though Barca had WC strikers like Eto'o & Ibra. He was averaging 40 again play upfront but he then wanted to become Barca's number one playmaker and Xavi who was averaging 20+ assists a season had to suffer for it.

Because he's a turnover machine & one of the biggest ball dominant players in footballing history, WC players like Villa, Ibra, Cesc, Sanchez etc haveactually regressed rather than improve when playing with him. Same thing with Argentina who have become a joke when he became the main man over there.

The faux choir boy act will never hide the fact he's a glory seeking stat padding w**nker.

Now people are wanking over his FK's despite not even being Top 3 in his own team at it. Laughing

Same with his crappy pens.

Single-handedly ruined Pep's & Barca's dynasty.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:48 am

Very Happy
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:59 am

108 goals directly contributed in a season. dat decline. Messi in decline - Page 3 Awesome_dat_ass
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:21 am

urbaNRoots wrote:108 goals directly contributed in a season. dat decline. Messi in decline - Page 3 Awesome_dat_ass

:bow:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:25 am

Dat decline in the number of trophies Messi in decline - Page 3 Awesome_dat_ass
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:31 am

Zealous wrote:Dat decline in the number of trophies Messi in decline - Page 3 Awesome_dat_ass
dnmac was right. Last season got to Madrid fans' head.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:43 am

Zealous wrote:The same goes for Cristiano btw (So you can stop laughing josh eco smile)

I am sure he wholeheartedly agrees with you on that one eco smile
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:36 pm

barca 2011 wrote:
Zealous wrote:Dat decline in the number of trophies Messi in decline - Page 3 Awesome_dat_ass
dnmac was right. Last season got to Madrid fans' head.

Dat jelly Messi in decline - Page 3 Awesome_dat_ass
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:55 pm

It doesn't matter if Messi had less "magic" or whatever last season. He scored 70-something goals for Barcelona so nobody should complain lol. If not pressing as much is what helps him score these many goals, then let him do it.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:50 pm

Him not pressing means he may score 70 goals, however Barca may not win anything again. :coffee:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:56 pm

Yeah Barcelona clearly didn't win because of Messi... he scores too much Laughing if not for him Barcelona wouldn't probably even finish 2nd Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next