Great Leader Sprucenuce
Gil
39 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Gollegacy Myths Empty Gollegacy Myths

Post by Gil Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:04 pm

"Cesc can't play CM"

Possibly the dumbest piece of trash I've read on this forum. He mostly played in a 2 man CM until the 09/10 season when Wenger was forced to move him into an advanced position because of Ade's sale to City/RVP's injury. There weren't any other goalscorers in that Arsenal team so he was forced to become one. Before that year Cex wasn't considered a goalscorer and was regularly criticized for it by the British Press :facepalm:

Before that he dominated the likes of Viera, Zidane, Nedved, Emerson, Davids, Senna & Riquelme at the tender age of EIGHTEEN en route to the CL final & more than held his own in the Final against the likes of Xavi, Deco, Dinho despite Arsenal being a man down for over 70 minutes. Unless you're < 10 years/started following football after Barca's treble/ started following football after Madrid signed Kaka/Ronaldo I'm sure we all remembered what happened shortly after he was subbed off.

He had one of the all time great seasons in 07-08 where he was the second best player in the League behind Torres (joint 2nd with Ronaldo). Led a team of scrubs to within a grasp of the PL title, turned Ade into a 30 goal a season player & would have won the league if not for Gallas' meltdown/Eduardo's injury. Embarrassed Pirlo in the CL before getting screwed over by the refs in the QF's against Liverpool.

The amount of disrespect the guy gets on this forum & in Spain is downright pathetic. He's bailed out Spain in the Euros/WC three times in a row now and what's his reward? An unathletic scrub like Xabi Alonso still starts ahead of him. :facepalm:
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Gollegacy Myths Empty Re: Gollegacy Myths

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:11 pm

You love living in the past don't you.

Cesc cannot play CM any more he's a different player when we will you realise this?

Just like Modric isn't a AM or Wide AM any more, he's a CM.

Just Messi and Ronaldo are not wingers any more and Mascherano isn't a DM any more.

Players change and adapt to different roles over time and Cesc has not been a CM for a very very long time, long before he joined Barca in fact.

Stop living in the past.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:11 pm

Can't play CM for Barca.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:14 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:You love living in the past don't you.

Cesc cannot play CM any more he's a different player when we will you realise this?

Just Messi and Ronaldo are not wingers any more and Mascherano isn't a DM any more.

Players change and adapt to different roles over time and Cesc has not been a CM for a very very long time, long before he joined Barca in fact.

Stop living in the past.

I hate this forum. :facepalm:
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:17 pm

Hate to break it to you but CR is a winger lol just not a traditional one.

Xabi is not a scrub dude lol

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:24 pm

1.Ibra is a big game flop.

2.Serie A is a retirement league.

off the top of my head.Will think of more.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:24 pm

Gil wrote:

Stop living in the past.

Because someone has a differing opinion to yourself? real mature dude Laughing

Also CR spends majority of his time in the middle, he may start the game out wide but that doesn't make him a winger.

Might as well call every player who starts the game outwide "wingers" now.

Just a quick look at one of CR's heatmaps will tell you he isn't a winger.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:26 pm

cesc can't play cm in a team where playing as a cm requires staying put and distributing the ball to the forwards rather than hang around the edge of the penalty box and/or goalhang

better?
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:32 pm

Gil, get over yourself. Obviously, whoever said it, meant that he hasn't adapted well into a central midfielder for Barcelona, as the system requires more intelligence than Arsenal's. Also, isn't it ironic that you create this when you said Bale is better than Nani and Walcott?
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:35 pm

Gil wrote:

Stop living in the past.

Guess you should leave again....... but oh wait top of the table. Then again I doubt that will be the case for much longer, then you can do your disappearing act again :bow:.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:39 pm

Stop living in the past.

Exactly.

Just like Demba Ba has adapted to a wider role and is now completely incapable of scoring a goal Laughing
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:41 pm

Stop living in the past.

Funny you mention that, he played brilliantly for us at AM vs. Granada and did so vs. Spain aswell.

If you ask me, he can still play AM. So why would Cesc not be able to?

Cesc can play CM, he is just abit too direct for Barca. moar backpasses don hernandez dissapoint
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:45 pm

Gil wrote:

Stop living in the past.

scratch

If you hate this forum because of this post, then it's quite obvious you despise intelligent conversation. Mole wasn't even trolling. He replied with a well-substantiated point. If that's offensive to you in some way, I question your motives for being on here.

In all honesty, I don't know why you're here if you don't want to hear other's opinions. Perhaps you just want to hear yourself talk. In that case, you can do that without us. The only advise I can give you is to go to your toolbox, get out a hammer, and use it to destroy your keyboard. It will save you and the rest of us a lot of headaches.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:49 pm

Gil wrote:"Cesc can't play CM"

Possibly the dumbest piece of trash I've read on this forum. He mostly played in a 2 man CM until the 09/10 season when Wenger was forced to move him into an advanced position because of Ade's sale to City/RVP's injury. There weren't any other goalscorers in that Arsenal team so he was forced to become one. Before that year Cex wasn't considered a goalscorer and was regularly criticized for it by the British Press :facepalm:

Before that he dominated the likes of Viera, Zidane, Nedved, Emerson, Davids, Senna & Riquelme at the tender age of EIGHTEEN en route to the CL final & more than held his own in the Final against the likes of Xavi, Deco, Dinho despite Arsenal being a man down for over 70 minutes. Unless you're < 10 years/started following football after Barca's treble/ started following football after Madrid signed Kaka/Ronaldo I'm sure we all remembered what happened shortly after he was subbed off.

He had one of the all time great seasons in 07-08 where he was the second best player in the League behind Torres (joint 2nd with Ronaldo). Led a team of scrubs to within a grasp of the PL title, turned Ade into a 30 goal a season player & would have won the league if not for Gallas' meltdown/Eduardo's injury. Embarrassed Pirlo in the CL before getting screwed over by the refs in the QF's against Liverpool.

The amount of disrespect the guy gets on this forum & in Spain is downright pathetic. He's bailed out Spain in the Euros/WC three times in a row now and what's his reward? An unathletic scrub like Xabi Alonso still starts ahead of him. :facepalm:

Preach :bow:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:16 pm

i think if cesc was in a team that needed a CM he could transition again if it suited his style of play.

if were talking about barca, he isnt a barca style CM.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:17 pm

Actually Ronaldo doesn't spend the majority of his time in the middle.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:21 pm

Vibe wrote:

Stop living in the past.

Exactly.

Just like Demba Ba has adapted to a wider role and is now completely incapable of scoring a goal Laughing

Laughing
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrekkisfat Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:24 pm

Se7en wrote:

Stop living in the past.

Funny you mention that, he played brilliantly for us at AM vs. Granada and did so vs. Spain aswell.

If you ask me, he can still play AM. So why would Cesc not be able to?

Cesc can play CM, he is just abit too direct for Barca. moar backpasses don hernandez dissapoint
He was amazing against Granada,Impossibru!
Shrekkisfat
Shrekkisfat
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:30 pm

Gollegacy Myths 6HU3
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:36 pm

Can someone kindly explain what makes Cesc incapable of playing in CM. I'm waiting.

donttreadonred wrote:
Gil wrote:

Stop living in the past.

scratch

If you hate this forum because of this post, then it's quite obvious you despise intelligent conversation. Mole wasn't even trolling. He replied with a well-substantiated point. If that's offensive to you in some way, I question your motives for being on here.

In all honesty, I don't know why you're here if you don't want to hear other's opinions. Perhaps you just want to hear yourself talk. In that case, you can do that without us. The only advise I can give you is to go to your toolbox, get out a hammer, and use it to destroy your keyboard. It will save you and the rest of us a lot of headaches.

Laughing
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:39 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Actually Ronaldo doesn't spend the majority of his time in the middle.

This. People actually need to stop pulling stats out of their ass.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:39 pm

Cesc isn't agile enough. Smile

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Cesc is the best B2B wing back trequartista in the world
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:42 pm

Zealous wrote:Hate to break it to you but CR is a winger lol just not a traditional one.

He gets outclassed by any decent CM. Was extremely underrated at Liverpool and was my PoTS in 08/09 but he's been massively overrated ever since he's joined Madrid.

Mention any stand-out performance Alonso has had in a big game and I'll shut up about this.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:44 pm

Gil wrote:
Zealous wrote:Hate to break it to you but CR is a winger lol just not a traditional one.

He gets outclassed by any decent CM. Was extremely underrated at Liverpool and was my PoTS in 08/09 but he's been massively overrated ever since he's joined Madrid.

Mention any stand-out performance Alonso has had in a big game and I'll shut up about this.

Does Spain vs France, Euro 2012 count?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next