Great Leader Sprucenuce
Gil
39 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Gollegacy Myths - Page 2 Empty Re: Gollegacy Myths

Post by Kaladin Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:44 pm

Gil wrote:
Zealous wrote:Hate to break it to you but CR is a winger lol just not a traditional one.

Xabi is not a scrub dude lol

He gets outclassed by any decent CM. Was extremely underrated at Liverpool and was my PoTS in 08/09 but he's been massively overrated ever since he's joined Madrid.

Mention any stand-out performance Alonso has had in a big game and I'll shut up about this.

Does Spain vs France, Euro 2012 count?

Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:48 pm

He hasn't been able to play CM for ages now..... why do you think Spain play him as a false 9 and Barca either play him as an AM or false 9.

It's not an opinion it is fact, CM's are suppose to distribute and not goal hang and constantly try hollywood through balls that never come off.

The same reason you call Alonso, Lampard, Gerrard etc etc scrubs for you are praising Fabregas for.....

The same thing your annoyed about Lampard for doing atm and not being disciplined enough Cesc would do.

Also Cesc has never played in a 2 man CM at least not technically, even in his days alongside Flamini the system was so narrow that Rosicky was practically alongside him with Hleb as an AM.

Could Cesc be a CM in a 3 man midfielder with a DM and a distributing CM alongside him like Rosicky was?

Sure but your talking about in a pivot and that he never has done and never will do.

Also Vibe if your going to troll at least come with some facts, because Ba has already scored this season Laughing

Also Modric was not playing at AM against Granada, he was playing as the 3rd CM in a 4-3-3 that Modric can do and to great effect, but a full blown AM?

Nope.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:50 pm

I have notice a trend, Gil likes to cheer for players who are sucking badly. Shocked he isnt leading the Kaka bandwagon with Huntsman
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:53 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:I have notice a trend, Gil likes to cheer for players who are sucking badly. Shocked he isnt leading the Kaka bandwagon with Huntsman

Explain
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:54 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Also Vibe if your going to troll at least come with some facts, because Ba has already scored this season Laughing

Nope.

Yeah but that's only because Cisse is incapable of scoring a goal so Ba had to evolve again,but he will devolve as soon as Cisse starts scoring Laughing At this rate,he's gonna devolve to a left back come mid-season Laughing He's gonna devolve so badly he's gonna become a primate...Then an ameba Laughing

Demba Ameba Laughing
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:54 pm

we played our usual 4-2-3-1 formation with Modric playing AM, no 3 CM bs
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:55 pm

Torres, Sturridge, Luiz, Cex now... im sure there are more
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:56 pm

Fkking iPad ffs Mad
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:01 pm

Vibe wrote:

Nope.

Yeah but that's only because Cisse is incapable of scoring a goal so Ba had to evolve again,but he will devolve as soon as Cisse starts scoring Laughing At this rate,he's gonna devolve to a left back come mid-season Laughing He's gonna devolve so badly he's gonna become a primate...Then an ameba Laughing

Demba Ameba Laughing
Laughing :bow:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:02 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:I have notice a trend, Gil likes to cheer for players who are sucking badly. Shocked he isnt leading the Kaka bandwagon with Huntsman

It's what you call an hipster troll.....

Make things up( wrong things) about players everyone has the same opinions on to create an argument.

For example, his ridiculous tirade against Messi when ever it's discussed, bringing BS claims as facts when they are not even close to it to create a discussion on it.

Like he forced Pep to quit, Argentina to be shit, Barca's downfall to begin, not even top 3 FK at Barca and restrict Xavi's assist count ( he only beated 20 assists in a season once btw) among other things to make a rant about someone to create discussion.

It's truly hilarious tbh.

Also Vibe your abundance of Laughing doesn't change the fact you can't hold a discussion and fastly losing credibility Thumbs up

Not in the mood to debate with someone who is interested in nothing else but making himself laugh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:09 pm

Also Vibe your abundance of Laughing doesn't change the fact you can't hold a discussion and fastly losing credibility Thumbs up

The scent of defeat in my nostrils...Dat smell :bow:

*inhales deeply*
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:12 pm

I agree with Gil I think this is a myth

Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:13 pm

cesc can play cm, its just that atm xavi and iniesta are ahead of him for barca, and xabi is ahead of him for spain. maybe because xabi is a bit better defensively. great post gil, he is a fantastic player and doesnt get the praise he deserves.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:15 pm

Gil wrote:"Cesc can't play CM"

Possibly the dumbest piece of trash I've read on this forum. He mostly played in a 2 man CM until the 09/10 season when Wenger was forced to move him into an advanced position because of Ade's sale to City/RVP's injury. There weren't any other goalscorers in that Arsenal team so he was forced to become one. Before that year Cex wasn't considered a goalscorer and was regularly criticized for it by the British Press :facepalm:

Before that he dominated the likes of Viera, Zidane, Nedved, Emerson, Davids, Senna & Riquelme at the tender age of EIGHTEEN en route to the CL final & more than held his own in the Final against the likes of Xavi, Deco, Dinho despite Arsenal being a man down for over 70 minutes. Unless you're < 10 years/started following football after Barca's treble/ started following football after Madrid signed Kaka/Ronaldo I'm sure we all remembered what happened shortly after he was subbed off.

He had one of the all time great seasons in 07-08 where he was the second best player in the League behind Torres (joint 2nd with Ronaldo). Led a team of scrubs to within a grasp of the PL title, turned Ade into a 30 goal a season player & would have won the league if not for Gallas' meltdown/Eduardo's injury. Embarrassed Pirlo in the CL before getting screwed over by the refs in the QF's against Liverpool.

The amount of disrespect the guy gets on this forum & in Spain is downright pathetic. He's bailed out Spain in the Euros/WC three times in a row now and what's his reward? An unathletic scrub like Xabi Alonso still starts ahead of him. :facepalm:
Agree with everything you said. :bow:
Free Cesc, he is suffering. eco smile
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:15 pm

I'm not getting into this CM/AM talk, because when Cesc Fabregas was at Arsenal he had a free-role. He could pick the ball deep and put a through ball, he could play higher up the pitch - he could play CM/AM/SS everything at the same time. Wenger gave him that freedom and it was worth it. He could do whatever he wanted because he had the talent to do it - there's a reason he contributed to 30+ goals per season. Wenger always gives the most talented guy in his squad a free-role - now it's Cazorla.

Gil wrote:The amount of disrespect the guy gets on this forum & in Spain is downright pathetic. He's bailed out Spain in the Euros/WC three times in a row now and what's his reward? An unathletic scrub like Xabi Alonso still starts ahead of him. :facepalm:

I must totally agree with this.

I still don't get the whole hate and disrespect for him, I mean yeah I get the whole point that Barcelona fans didn't want him because they didn't really need him - but that's where Guardiola failed, not Cesc. At other teams when a transfers "fails" the manager/contributor to the transfer is blamed, not the player himself. Man has contributed directly to approximately 35 goals in a "failed" season in 3 or 4 different positions he played and has scored/assisted in some important matches.

Just don't get it, really. I get Arsenal fans being "hurt" for whatever reason or Real Madrid fans hating on a new rivals arrived player it's normal - but I don't get the dislike from Barcelona fans themselves.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:27 pm

Has anyone considered the fact that i don't know Alonso gets picked above him because he is a vastly superior at that particular role?

Shocking i know !

Amazing how much incorrect "facts" Gil posts as facts though Laughing

He never dominated all those players, Arsenal's team was far from "scrubs" he never embarassed Pirlo, not to mention like Urban said he has never been a CM and never will be he had a free role which is why he was so effective.

I expect like all my other posts so far to met with a :facepalm: or some very unfunny jokes or just totally ignored as people seem incapable of debating it Laughing

Also no one is hating him or disrespecting him, it's just a simple fact that he isn't very comfortable as a CM and at country and club level there are superior players for this role.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:31 pm

Fabregas can play CM, but he is better in AM position.
If almost any top club bought him, they'd buy him to play AM, not CM.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:31 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:we played our usual 4-2-3-1 formation with Modric playing AM, no 3 CM bs
I'd been wondering about that. All the reports suggest he was palyed in Ozil's position, but I'm curious if he performed it in the same way. Ozil is your sterotypical #10 attacking midfielder, playing "in the hole" behind the striker. Modric hasn't really played that role in club football for a while now (if ever...). I'm curious if he played as far up the pitch as Ozil, or if he was a bit more withdrawn.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:40 pm

He didn't play CM exactly, however he dropped deep at times.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:23 pm

"Cesc can not play CM" "Cesc is an AM" this and that.LOOOL at he cannot suit the system.That isnt an excuse.We play a passing game,how can one not be suited into that.There are some players that didnt suit our system like Ibra but Cesc does.For example,Ozil is an AM not a CM but im sure if he did play for us hed put 50x better performances than Fabregas
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:01 pm

There are many outragously stupid myths on here, however this isnt one of them.

His movement is horrible, he seems to have lost all clue about connecting play, spacing and where to position yourself in order to give your teammates options. How many times do I have to watch him hide behind opposing midfielders when Busquets or Xavi have the ball and are looking for a forward option?

That list you drew up is a crock of horseshit and you know it.

He dominated Nedved, Zidane and Riquelme? When on earth did he do that? The are offensive midfielders, they were nowhere near him. They rarely crossed paths in the games.

I dont recall the games exactly, but I do remember Riquleme putting on a clinic against only a missed penalty taking the shine off a fantastic performance.

Held his own against Xavi? What?

He wa schooled every single time. Dont make me go Billion on you and bring youtube of him getting span around and left on his ass.

A final point. I dont understand how it can be said he can play midfield, its just Xavi and Iniesta are in front of him so its hard to measure up. For the love of god Thiago and even Keita understand how to play in it, Cesc has no excuses whatsoever.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:32 pm

vivabarca38 wrote:"Cesc can not play CM" "Cesc is an AM" this and that.LOOOL at he cannot suit the system.That isnt an excuse.We play a passing game,how can one not be suited into that.There are some players that didnt suit our system like Ibra but Cesc does.For example,Ozil is an AM not a CM but im sure if he did play for us hed put 50x better performances than Fabregas

you realize you created and refuted your own argument within the same line.

my argument to why cesc doesnt fit the barca system is based on 1. that he is played out of position, and 2 his particular style is better suited to quick buildups, spontaneity, and quick transitions. barcas style is slow buildup, possession, 1 touch, every movement is well thought out etc.

back to the OP i think he CAN play CM as long as he is in a team that needs a CM, barca dont need a CM when they have iniesta and xavi. spain dont need one because they have xavi, xabi, and iniesta.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:54 pm

Gil wrote:"Cesc can't play CM"

Possibly the dumbest piece of trash I've read on this forum. He mostly played in a 2 man CM until the 09/10 season when Wenger was forced to move him into an advanced position because of Ade's sale to City/RVP's injury. There weren't any other goalscorers in that Arsenal team so he was forced to become one. Before that year Cex wasn't considered a goalscorer and was regularly criticized for it by the British Press :facepalm:

Before that he dominated the likes of Viera, Zidane, Nedved, Emerson, Davids, Senna & Riquelme at the tender age of EIGHTEEN en route to the CL final & more than held his own in the Final against the likes of Xavi, Deco, Dinho despite Arsenal being a man down for over 70 minutes. Unless you're < 10 years/started following football after Barca's treble/ started following football after Madrid signed Kaka/Ronaldo I'm sure we all remembered what happened shortly after he was subbed off.

He had one of the all time great seasons in 07-08 where he was the second best player in the League behind Torres (joint 2nd with Ronaldo). Led a team of scrubs to within a grasp of the PL title, turned Ade into a 30 goal a season player & would have won the league if not for Gallas' meltdown/Eduardo's injury. Embarrassed Pirlo in the CL before getting screwed over by the refs in the QF's against Liverpool.

The amount of disrespect the guy gets on this forum & in Spain is downright pathetic. He's bailed out Spain in the Euros/WC three times in a row now and what's his reward? An unathletic scrub like Xabi Alonso still starts ahead of him. :facepalm:

+1

To back your statement even more:

Arsenal played 442 in Cex' era as a CM.

He didnt have a free role until 2008/2009... Played with one partner in central midfield and was World class.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:29 pm

Gil is definition of EPLface
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:42 pm

billionmillion wrote:Gil is definition of EPLface

Its better than NO DEFINITION... Rolling Eyes
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:54 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:You love living in the past don't you.

Cesc cannot play CM any more he's a different player when we will you realise this?

Just like Modric isn't a AM or Wide AM any more, he's a CM.

Just Messi and Ronaldo are not wingers any more and Mascherano isn't a DM any more.

Players change and adapt to different roles over time and Cesc has not been a CM for a very very long time, long before he joined Barca in fact.

Stop living in the past.

Actually most heat maps show Ronaldo is mostly wide.

Anyway just because you changed position doesn't actually mean you can't play your former position.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next