What's the best phone already out/upcoming that's as good as/better than iPhone 5?

+41
nichabr
M99
Uncanny
Kamikaze692
white_star
stront96
VivaStPauli
Kick
Valkyrja
EarlyPrototype
Firenze
Kaladin
7amood11
BarrileteCosmico
RedOranje
Soul
Le Samourai
bazinga
vizkosity
spanky
Madvillain
Lupi
urbaNRoots
juvefan4life
ramzzm
Amar
Art Morte
RebaƱo Sagrado
Highburied
RED
CBarca
Blue Barrett
Thimmy
LeSwagg James
Dutti
RealGunner
FalcaoPunch
TalkingReckless
Lex
pUsHa
Onyx
45 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

What's the best phone already out/upcoming that's as good as/better than iPhone 5? - Page 6 Empty Re: What's the best phone already out/upcoming that's as good as/better than iPhone 5?

Post by TalkingReckless Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:44 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Xperia U isn't getting the Jelly Bean update, however is it possible to access its files etc and put the update on?

depends if the xda community are able to do it.... atm you can add ics on your own but it's a long process, took me a while to get my brother X U unlocked and rooted

TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

What's the best phone already out/upcoming that's as good as/better than iPhone 5? - Page 6 Empty Re: What's the best phone already out/upcoming that's as good as/better than iPhone 5?

Post by Onyx Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:35 pm

Just signed up on one of those forums.

There's like around 4.9m members on it. :bow: Shocked

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:53 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Just signed up on one of those forums.

There's like around 4.9m members on it. :bow: Shocked

Xda is a amazing fourm, some of the custom android roms on there are amazing...and done by normal people for free
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:33 pm

@Legend

Only problem with the Nexus 4 is the lack of an external memory slot. I read that the Nexus 5 might have a 13 megapixel camera which would be a huge - but if they insert some form of external memory slot I'll definitely buy it.

If they don't S3 is probably a better option for me though it's more expensive.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:50 pm

If you can get anything in the 32gb format, then external memory isn't much of an issue, unless you're planning on buying a 64gb memory card
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:16 pm

Lex wrote:If you can get anything in the 32gb format, then external memory isn't much of an issue, unless you're planning on buying a 64gb memory card

Only goes up to 16 and obviously actual formatted capacity is less (around 12). I'd probably buy it if it went up to 32 but if possible I'd buy the 64gb memory card just because I plan on using it for video recording quite a bit.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:19 pm

Ok

Windows 8 mobile vs Android , who wins?
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:29 pm

I am biased towards windows phones so Windows 8 mobile for me
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:36 pm

Is a windows phone exactly like windows on PC? hmm

Like the menus, buttons etc.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:00 pm

not exactly but similar build. The core is same
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:03 pm

What phone?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:30 pm

Is it necessary for a phone to have storage expansion?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:46 am

The reason there is no sd card on Nexus brand devices is because Google doesn't want fragmentation on the phone, as it makes the device run slower...

"Everybody likes the idea of having an SD card, but in reality it's just confusing for users," he said. "If you're saving photos, videos or music, where does it go? Is it on your phone? Or on your card? Should there be a setting? Prompt every time? What happens to the experience when you swap out the card? It's just too complicated."
-Matias Duarte

i have a 16gb galaxy nexus which is enough for me as i keep everything on cloud services, my music is on google music, i listen to Rdio, TuneIn etc.... never had videos on my phone as i hate watching it on my phone expect online ones, and there there are enough cloud storage apps like dropbox, google drive, skydrive and box etc....my dropbox has 12gb storage

but i do think it's stupid that Google doesn't sell a 32gb nexus 4.... it might come later as a 32gb Galaxy nexus came out a while later.
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:54 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Is it necessary for a phone to have storage expansion?

Depend, if you use cloud services and have Mobile Data plan and/or Wifi available, then external memory is not needed

however if you like to put all your music, vid etc on your phone or you have no wifi/Data Plab then you might need a SD card
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:08 am

Then why did people bash apple for never having "expandable" storage?
It doesn't make sense.

Especially now with all the different cloud and online storage services out there, but I can understand someone without Internet needs something like that.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:05 am

FalcaoPunch wrote:Then why did people bash apple for never having "expandable" storage?
It doesn't make sense.

Especially now with all the different cloud and online storage services out there, but I can understand someone without Internet needs something like that.

because cloud storage only became big in a last 1-2 years, before that it no one used it, and everything had to put on your phone
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:13 pm

There's a million other things to bash iPhone over, expandable memory is the last thing on the list lol
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:14 pm

A positive about the iPhone is the size imo.

Phones like the Xperia S and T are huge. Any phone over 5 inches in height is too big imo. Apparently the size is of phones is going to increase more. More phablets.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:32 pm

I remember in the early/mid noughties that the in thing was to have the smallest phone possible. Obviously no-one told the Galaxy Note II
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:54 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:A positive about the iPhone is the size imo.

Phones like the Xperia S and T are huge. Any phone over 5 inches in height is too big imo. Apparently the size is of phones is going to increase more. More phablets.

you should go for Windows Phones the HTC 8x is an amazing looking phone and it's only 4.3
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:51 pm

Lex wrote:There's a million other things to bash iPhone over, expandable memory is the last thing on the list lol

Like no pointless widgets? Apps being organized on a grid?
Flash? Oh wait...
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:24 pm

the New HTC one looks good and fast and has 1080p plus ridiculous pixels

http://www.theverge.com/products/compare/6863/6814/6116/5588/6082/6274

but it;s never gonna go big, new Galaxy should be coming in March/April
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:57 pm

Any views on the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:21 pm

My mate bought it last month, he likes it
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:28 pm

FalcaoPunch wrote:
Lex wrote:There's a million other things to bash iPhone over, expandable memory is the last thing on the list lol

Like no pointless widgets? Apps being organized on a grid?
Flash? Oh wait...
How about running a dual core processor? :facepalm:

What is this, the middle ages?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:28 pm

Or its maps telling you the Eiffel tower is in Hamburg Laughing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next