VanDeezNuts
guest7
huntsman
93 posters

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Iker Casillas - Page 6 Empty Re: Iker Casillas

Post by titosantill Sun May 25, 2014 10:32 pm

lol people getting their panties in a bunch over iker's errors....we still won the game, end off...no ifs, ands or buts.....one of the greatest goalies oliver kahn made a huge mistake in a world cup final and his team lost that game.....so chill out with the iker bit

titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun May 25, 2014 10:34 pm

He deserved being saved by the others. All these years he saved the team time and time again.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:07 pm

Retire please. It's De Gea's time.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:09 pm

I don't think he is finished per se. But he has been on the bench the entire season except some Cup games where he barely had to do anything. Can't expect him to be sharp and at his best.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:15 pm

Iker the Terrible  Cool 
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:19 pm

I don't remember any thread about Buffon after the 2012 final. But Iker is a Madrid player.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:27 pm

what are you on about buffon was made fun of alot.. lmao
but i agree many Madrid players get criticized more then other players mainly because fans like you put them in such a high pedestal and it's only more satisfying to see your reactions.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:43 pm

We should all bow down to Huntsman, he saw this years ago.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:58 pm

oliver khan conceded five against england, against heskey of all people. iker's goal keeping today was a problem, but it wasn't THE problem....i've never been into spain or their possession based footy, imo its even worse than bus-parking. But their midfield and defense have to hold the most responsibility; what does busquets actually do? a defensive mid who isn't known for putting in slide tackles but rather for his "understanding on the pitch" (whatever that means), alonso is old and can't play when he is pressured by players who know what they're doing....even barca fans will admit that pique's wack and puyol has carried him, his whole carrier, ramos pique and alba lol, all caught out of position...lol @ people who compare iniesta to zizou, and casillas fumbled on two goals, out of 5, the score line could have been worse....xavi needs to smell the coffee, all that holding the ball nonsense is over especially when u don't have a messi who can create something from nothgin
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:23 am

Feel free to discuss spain vs. netherlands in this thread.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:30 am

Pedram wrote:We should all bow down to Huntsman, he saw this years ago.

Thank you finally for the acknowledgement.
My opinion will never change about this joke of a goalkeeper.
His best asset was and still is the fight or flight adrenaline rush response.
He was once a decent shot and penalty stopper due to the above condition, but never a great as the entire industry and most of the fans especially real madrid fans make him out to be.

Whilst on the subject even though this will never be acknowledged, he is the main reason behind madrid's failure in the past decade and especially in the last three years and not mourinho.

Madrid fans celebrate a CL victory that was handed over to them but few would agree that they had a chance to win the back to back CL if it werent for him.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:47 am

huntsman wrote:Feel free to discuss spain vs. netherlands in this thread.

Since there is already a few threads on it, I'd advise people NOT to.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:00 am

Kick wrote:
huntsman wrote:Feel free to discuss spain vs. netherlands in this thread.

Since there is already a few threads on it, I'd advise people NOT to.

Okay, can they discuss the present form of Iker and its implications on the chances of spain winning the WC?
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:16 am

Recent Iker threads merged.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:25 am

i lol, first people said madrid would never win ucl after mou left, now it has become "cl victory was handed to them..." Fact madrid won that title, mou is at chelsea....move on. khan conceded against england, two years later, he fumbled a shot in the world cup final that led to phenomeno's first goal, a year later, he was part of a bayern team (which included new acquisitions ballack and ze roberto) that finished last in the ucl group stage,conceding 13 goals in the process and behind ac milan, deportivo and lens...a year after in the same tournament he fumbled a roberto carlos free kick by letting it slip through his legs and leading his team to elimination in the process....iker made mistakes yesterday, deal with it, he will make more, that's just the life of a goalie, they can only do so much; netherlands would still have destroyed that spanish side regardless, they had no midfield nor defense. finally,which came first? the chicken or the egg? was casillas' form declining and then he got benched? or did mourinho have his little feud with him (off the pitch) and thus bench him for a whole year and for a player like adan, thus leading to his decline in form?....doesn't matter, what matters is people predicted x would happen when mou left, that wasn't the case, now it seems they're looking for all kinds of means to exonerate him, by spewing any and everything....as i said before, iker may have been a problem against the dutch, he wasn't THE problem.....
for the record, i hope spain bows out in the first round, would be a good humbling experience for the likes of xavi n pique
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:45 am

He is just not into it anymore. just look at his face. he is like a corpse. even Kahn said it last night that Casillas is somewhere else.

I don't know if it's his personal life or something else but he has lost focus. it was really hard seeing a legend like him make those errors last night.

Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:03 pm

Iker Casillas believes he must shoulder much of the blame for Spain's humbling 5-1 defeat to the Netherlands.

Louis van Gaal's side recovered from falling behind to a first-half Xabi Alonso penalty, with Arjen Robben and Robin van Persie both scoring twice and Stefan De Vrij adding another to avenge the 1-0 defeat the Dutch suffered in the final of the 2010 World Cup.

Casillas, whose heavy touch allowed van Persie to nip in and score the Oranje's fourth goal on the night after he had earlier missed the cross for De Vrij's tap-in, acknowledged that he was below the standard expected of him and apologised to the Spain supporters.

"It's time to be quiet, to reflect and think about the next match against Chile as a final," the 33-year-old was quoted as saying by Marca.

"We apologise, and I am the first in line. Our fans must give out the criticism that comes to us and forget what happened soon.

"I have not been up to par and I accept that. We have not been fortunate, starting with me. Now only we think about the next game.

"I have to take the blame. All we could do is think about the next game when they scored the third goal and went further behind. I am mature enough to receive all criticism. We must sort ourselves out."
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:26 pm

Iker has been a professional player for over a decade and these last two games he has played have been his worst ever. I don't know what it is but his mistakes have been rookie mistakes you'd see in a 20 yo up and coming keeper not in a legend. He looks deflated, I mean who wouldn't. He went from the best keeper in the world to being benched two seasons in a row in LaLiga that's like benching Ronaldo forever after an injury. But form is temporary, class is permanent. He will bounce back I am sure of it
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:49 pm

I think he needs to leave Madrid and Spain... he doesn't look like he enjoys playing anymore. Needs to go somewhere where they let him play without all the pressure of being a national/club legend.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:14 pm

seriously, anyone who says iker casillas is a top 20 goalkeeper (even at his best) knows nothing about football.

Look at the type, the quality and occurrence of those errors. Does that look to you like a legend? GK make mistakes but the quality of the iker mistakes are unique. I honestly havent seen a single gk (pro or not pro) who make such mistakes with this frequency and same pattern.

You can easily identify the Iker bloopers; they carry his stamp; his trademark.

And i disagree with sportsczy who's trying to paint it as if its something which emerged recently or with those who try to portray it as the result of his benching the past two seasons.

Iker has always been clumsy with clumsy reactions. his biggest weakness is when there is time to react; his mind shuts down and he panics and suffers from the stuttering effect. If a ball is shot at him or if he encounters a sudden shot which requires an impulsive reaction, he'd do okay but give him some few seconds and his head overheats and he transforms to a headless chicken which is running in panic and not knowing what to do.

No time --> iker is okay
More time to react ---> iker is a joke.

you want to see a true legend?

this is a true legend

That's why i want to groom coutrois at Chelsea because he has some traits of King Kahn; nowhere as good as kahn ofcourse but he has some of those seeds. Cech, no offence, but its time to bow down.

Mourinho, you gotta do what you gotta do whether a Cech is a legend or not. I would be very disappointed if Mourinho didnt do something to bring back courtois and make him number 1 within 6months of next season. I do understand that fans are sentimental and i expect it from them but from mourinho i wouldnt expect it and will not accept it and i will criticize him openly if he continues to make the same mistakes. I give credit where credit is due only.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:59 pm

seriously, anyone who says iker casillas is a top 20 goalkeeper (even at his best) knows nothing about football.

You know nothing about football. bandwagon.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:13 pm

huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:25 pm

You show Iker blunders and Kahn super saves ? Great way of comparing them, nothing more to say
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:05 pm

lol that's what i call research bias, comparing iker's errors to khan's saves, only a 5 year old will fall for that....mourinho has gone, all these mourinho apologists need to quit it, every goalie makes mistakes...besides, except for the back pass blunder, most of those mistakes were as a result of shabby defending. i don't get why mou fans keep bringing this up, they are no longer madrid fans, they switch teams and allegiance whenever mou leaves a team, so why they're so concerned with iker baffles me.....buffon has made terrible mistakes, khan too, and iker will make more mistakes in the future, doesn't change anything.....people can be so fickle at times
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:16 pm

some kneejerk in its purest form going on here, AGAIN, AS USUAL.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:48 pm

Valkyrja wrote:You show Iker blunders and Kahn super saves ? Great way of comparing them, nothing more to say

I am trying to portray to you the difference in their personality, potentials, capabilities....its not just about the videos of kahn's super saves and iker's blunders.

Kahn is a true leader. He is aggressive and uses his aggressiveness to inflict fear in his opponents. A forward was once asked who do you dare most to play against, and his response was Kahn. Whenever i play against him in a one on one situation the goal seems to shrink and I see images of a lion closing in on its prey.  

Spoiler:

Iker on the otherhand invites strikers to score. Everybody hates Bieber and guess what? Iker is a belieber. He's more of a popstar than a GK let alone a legend.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

They say the eyes are the window of the soul, Kahn's eyes and jaw are those of a predetor. He would shred Iker into pieces. There's nothing bad about being nice if you dont mind finishing last.

I didnt just post blunders vs super saves. I rather tried to show the contrasts.

Hard work, ferocity, loyalty dedication

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

against mediocrity, laziness and confusion

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

You dont necessarily need a ronaldo or a messi to win trophies.
A team with a class GK and a solid defense can go a long way.
I hope i made myself a little more clear this time.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next