Liverpool vs Udinese | Thursday 20.05 BST | Europa League Group Stage Matchday 2 |

+6
7amood11
Art Morte
RedOranje
Arquitecto
McAgger
Nishankly
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Liverpool vs Udinese | Thursday 20.05 BST | Europa League Group Stage Matchday 2 | - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool vs Udinese | Thursday 20.05 BST | Europa League Group Stage Matchday 2 |

Post by McAgger Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:25 am

I wasn't really trying to blame Gerrard for those goals, I was just pointing out how it has become some kind of a jinx that whenever he misplaces a pass, something inevitably bad happens on the defensive end.

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Liverpool vs Udinese | Thursday 20.05 BST | Europa League Group Stage Matchday 2 | - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool vs Udinese | Thursday 20.05 BST | Europa League Group Stage Matchday 2 |

Post by donttreadonred Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:00 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:I wasn't really trying to blame Gerrard for those goals, I was just pointing out how it has become some kind of a jinx that whenever he misplaces a pass, something inevitably bad happens on the defensive end.
No offense mate. This is pointless and bordering on paranoia. The real concern is that the CBs aren't comfortable in the new system yet. With the full-backs afforded (and encouraged to take) more freedom in attack, they inherently more exposed to the counterattack and overloads following a loss of possession. Take a look at our goals against this season. Barring several moments of brilliance and a few of sheer bad luck, most are the result of a player losing possession when out of position, allowing the opposition to catch the CBs at a disadvantage. This inherent risk is only exacerbated by the absence of a true shielding midfielder like a fit Lucas Leiva. Agger and Skrtel are only now starting to become comfortable. Coates and Carragher are understandably a bit further behind. Moreover, the mental error (leading to a loss of possession when out of position) have not been eliminated by the more advanced position, which only further exposes the CBs.

This is the most crucial component to Liverpool's aspirations this season. If this isn't addressed, or we can't get our CBs and other outfield players to adjust, we are screwed. Now, that sounds incredibly pessimistic, which isn't what I intended. In fact, I think they are showing plenty of signs of making the necessary improvements. There has been a noticeable component of "bad luck" in several of our recently conceded goals. So, don't get too down. Remember, we also have one of the best, most adaptable CB partnerships in the Prem League. If Swansea can figure it out, Agger and Skrtel will be just fine. The only question is how quickly they can adjust.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:07 am

Although Hendo didnt have a mindblowing performance, he played well. His positioning was so crucial thoughout the game that there was less space and not so easy to get behind the second line for Udinese.
My opinion, Gerrard coming on the field was probably not required. To be honest, Gerrard has not yet learned about keeping patience and holding the ball. I would have gone either for Sahin or Suso (had he been there as a sub).
As we saw in the previous games also, we as a team are not quite gelled together yet, that partnership and lack of communication between defenders and between defenders and midfielders. If we see, Barcelona have also conceded few goals this season and they are having a difficult time at back due to injuries although they are top of the table, thanks to their attack.
But I am also happy that at the start of season we are learning more and more. I hope all these learnings will pay off in the coming future games.
As we are still looking for first home win in PL.I hope it comes against stoke.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2