McAgger
RedOranje
Art Morte
Helmer
Red Alert
36 posters

Page 8 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 23  Next

Go down

The January Transfer Window 2013 - Page 8 Empty Re: The January Transfer Window 2013

Post by Art Morte Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:31 pm

It must be a forward and "a", because I'm not expecting multiple signings.
I guess Walcott is an option if we agree to meet his wage demands, but not sure why he'd see us as a better option than staying at Arsenal.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

The January Transfer Window 2013 - Page 8 Empty Re: The January Transfer Window 2013

Post by RedOranje Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:52 pm

Higher wages offered (something like 80-90k compared to 70-80k) and the fact that LFC were his boyhood club. While we're all plenty cynical these days I do think that that sort of sentimentality still exists to some extent. The bigger question is whether City or Chelsea will get involved... though if either of those does that will open up Sturridge/Sinclair. Whether either of those interest us (we know Sturridge interests Rodgers at least) is another story.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:08 am

^ He also wants more of a scoring role. I think the aggregate of these factors should be enough to give the club a chance of getting him.

I also like Leo from Vallecano , he's a flexible inventive player who can play anywhere across the attacking three or even in a direct TQ role between the lines if necessary.

The other obvious need is a genuine forward which could be a range of people but I'm not intrigued by any of the options. Maybe Ba, I like him as a player but he seems to be expensive based on what is being said.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:13 am

Tomorrow/today's papers apparently running a consistent story that the club are confident of signing Sturridge and Ince for a combined £18m, and that Rodgers is still monitoring Walcott and hopeful of bringing him in.

The Mirror (lol) are also suggesting we're interested in loaning Alexis Sanchez with an eye on a full move in the summer (again, lol).
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:20 am

Sturridge & Ince seem to cover majority of the Dailies today!! 18m pounds for both! Deals to be sealed by beginning of transfer window.

On the issue of who would i like to see here would be Demba Ba . . . now not near my first choice but just the one i think that can happen.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:24 am

RedOranje wrote:The Mirror (lol) are also suggesting we're interested in loaning Alexis Sanchez with an eye on a full move in the summer (again, lol).

Found this too but thought of it as too ridiculous to post! I mean how did they even come up with this theory! affraid
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:29 am

RedOranje wrote:and that Rodgers is still monitoring Walcott and hopeful of bringing him in.

I found the articles to state otherwise saying that because of Wenger's reluctance we have given up on the race for Theo . . . scratch
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:50 am

I'm going to turn suicidal if we sign Sturridge and Ince. :facepalm: I hope the papers are pulling it out of their arses. Really don't want them anywhere near Anfield. I mean signing one we could live with but both would just make me pull out the biggest facepalm of the Rodgers era.

Now Walcott I wouldn't mind at all. He's proven in PL time and again so I wouldn't be so worried.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:28 am

Sturridge & Ince are by now major possibilities & Walcott it seems a lost case. So Messiah sorry mate things ain't going according to our plans. Btw i still can't stop laughing at the Sanchez reports! rofl
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:05 am

RedOranje wrote:It's mid-December now so it's close enough to the window to ask this (IMO):

What are the January business wishlists for everyone (ins and outs)? Somewhat realistic, obviously.

In:
- Mertens (already explained why in this thread... somewhere)
- Remy (with Suarez going out on the right flank... again I have previously mentioned why)
- Holtby (KJH looks set to stay or is off to Arsenal, Holtby will become a red! Razz)
- Wilfried Bony (again Suarez shoved on the right. He's CLASS.)

Out:
- Downing (did well against West Ham and actually looked like he wanted to be a Liverpool player but I still want him gone. Third worst "flop" after Carroll and AA. *Not a fan of him at LB either)
- Cole (nothing against the guy, seems like a good bloke but his wages are a concern and unfortunately has lost his ability he once possessed)
- Pacheco (annoying and obviously doesnt have the quality. he's failed to impress the likes of Rafa, Roy, Rodgers and Kenny...)
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:48 am

Liverpool are kidding on they don't care that Walcott is off to United, and are ostentatiously making eyes at Barcelona forward Alexis Sánchez instead. They're also looking at Chelsea's Daniel Sturridge, Blackpool's Tom Ince and West Brom's Shane Long – the latter also having caught the attention of Bayern Munich – though Brendan Rodgers appears more preoccupied with getting shot of Joe Cole. A couple of papers insist he'll be leaving Anfield in January, though poignantly neither mentions a destination club. Whether or not this has anything to do with Rodgers's recent purchase of several house bricks, a hessian sack, some strong twist ties, and two tickets for the Mersey ferry, one return, one single, has yet to be verified.

Even Guardian are hinting at Sanchez but good thing they have a funny way about it . . rofl

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/dec/12/football-transfer-rumours-liverpool?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:58 am

Sturridge would be a big gamble and I don't think Rodgers is going for him.

If Lukaku was available, I'd like him. I wonder what are Chelsea's plans for him anyway. When it comes to Chelsea it seems so much more likely that if they need a striker to play regularly, they will buy a star, not count on a young up-and-coming player like Lukaku to fill those boots.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:25 pm

Was partially following Oliver Kay's webchat (at times reporter) more or less a reliable source & his whole session was based on the premise that Ince & Sturridge were done deals. Walcott not in Jan most likely. Nothing much on Sanchez or any other player.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:32 pm

I really wouldn't mind Sturridge... I think he'd combine well with Suarez and he has good off the ball movement, I think he'd fit this system well. Ince on the other hand I'm worried about... We've been bit before going for the top players from midtable or lower clubs (Charlie Adam, anyone?), and this guy's coming from the Championship without much of a pedigree. I mean, we already deemed him not good enough once, and a good year in the second league is enough to change that? Very much so not sold... Hope I'm proven wrong.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:54 am

There is no way Sturridge should be our number one target. He's the most selfish player I've seen in the last couple of seasons. He wouldn't fit in here. We already have a selfish player in Luis and and I'm not really seeing anything to suggest he'll combine well with Suarez tbh. I'd prefer Walcott and his massive wages >>> Sturridge.

If we fail to sign other players I guess I can accept if we sign him. But that's only if no one else is available or we fail to negotiate with another club for somebody else.

Tom Ince wasn't sold because he wasn't good enough. Liverpool offered him a new contract. He left on a free because he seeked first team football and he was too young for us to offer that to him. Although Sterling is the better player, Ince is good. But again. He is very selfish also.

I also find it harsh that you say we shouldn't sign players from midtable / lower clubs. We signed the wrong players in the last couple of seasons, sure. But there are some very good players out there playing for mid-table clubs: Ruiz, Michu, Ben Arfa and Diame from the top of my head. Relegation candinates also have Sessegnon, Benteke and Adel Taab.

I guess you can even count us as a mid-table side nowadays although we are on the way up. I'm still in the belief that we'll finish 5th but that's going off-topic. Signing a player from a "smaller" club isn't an issue.

The likes of Joe Allen and Mascherano have been snapped up for us in the past and have done well. (There's alot more. Alonso etc etc. Just used Allen as he's recent and I've always rated Javier. Razz)
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:36 pm

ynwa wrote:
Tom Ince wasn't sold because he wasn't good enough. Liverpool offered him a new contract. He left on a free because he seeked first team football and he was too young for us to offer that to him. Although Sterling is the better player, Ince is good. But again. He is very selfish also.

I also find it harsh that you say we shouldn't sign players from midtable / lower clubs. We signed the wrong players in the last couple of seasons, sure. But there are some very good players out there playing for mid-table clubs: Ruiz, Michu, Ben Arfa and Diame from the top of my head. Relegation candinates also have Sessegnon, Benteke and Adel Taab.

I should clarify. I wasn't trying to say that we shouldn't buy from lower squads; obviously that would be an unsustainable transfer policy, and we'd never unearth gems - like most of the squad we have now. Instead, I'm worried that we're targetting players who have excelled in an attack catering to their playing styles (see Charlie Adam at Blackpool, or even - to a much lesser extent - Downing at Aston Villa), which could be accomplished at lower sides. Accordingly, the results we see (and have appeared blinded by in the past) in terms of stats may not fit our club, and we are picking up players that perform at high levels against low quality opposition, but won't perform for us.

Obviously, this is less of a problem without Comolli in the picture, so I should worry less about it. I have faith in our scouting team under Rodgers, so should stop stressing about players I've never watched. In terms of Ince, the only information I have is that he left Liverpool just two seasons ago, and has excelled in the Championship since then. It makes me question what has changed - is his two years more of age enough on its own to warrant a starting spot? I haven't seen him play, maybe it is; maybe his play looks PL quality, and I just haven't seen it. I guess I'll have to wait and see.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:38 pm

ynwa wrote:
In:
- Mertens (already explained why in this thread... somewhere)
- Remy (with Suarez going out on the right flank... again I have previously mentioned why)
- Holtby (KJH looks set to stay or is off to Arsenal, Holtby will become a red! Razz)
- Wilfried Bony (again Suarez shoved on the right. He's CLASS.)

Holtby :bow: he started his first team career with Alemania Aachen, from where he went to Schalke and I come from Aachen Very Happy I like him and I would love to see him in REDS. But I say, as of now we have enough players who can play in the position where he plays now for Schalke. I would rather have a back up option for Lucas (a proper defensive midfielder), we all know how much LFC missed him.
Apart from that, Sturridge no no no please . So some other talented winger (who can hopefully score at least 10-15 goals in a season Wink ) and a forward like Wilfried Bony.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:49 pm

Jones extends his contract :bow: Deserves it tbh, performed great when Reina was injured and he's a great person that never complains.

The January Transfer Window 2013 - Page 8 Jones500
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:52 pm

Firstly, Brad, congratulations on your new deal - you must be delighted?

I'm happy - happy to stay on and happy the club have been supportive with me and seen enough to want to keep me here longer.

What does it mean to you to commit your long-term future to one of the biggest clubs in world football?

I said when I signed here it was a dream come true. It was something I'd wanted as a young boy - and that hasn't changed. I want to stay here as long as I can. At the minute, the club is on a progression and we're improving a lot. It's a good time to be here and I'm sure in the next couple of years, I'll be part of a successful squad.

Are you happy with the progress you've made since you arrived at the club?

Yes. Obviously there was a difficult time in the middle of that, and three managers in that space of time is difficult because football is very much about opinions. Some people rate you more than others and I think I've found that in my time here at Liverpool - some managers have thought more of me than others. At the minute I'm really happy working with Brendan and the group of players we've got. I'm delighted to stay on.

How much of an influence has Brendan been on you?

He's a big influence. When he came in, I don't think he was too sure about whether I was going to stay or not and I had to prove to him I was worthy of being here. He's a very positive guy and somebody that wants to be amongst the players, talking to them and making sure they know what he wants. He was very honest with me at the start and said maybe things weren't going to work out, but he was then just as honest to come and say to me I'd done well and proved myself to him. That's what you want from your manager - somebody that's honest, that you can talk to and is going to help you progress as a player.

You've made several first-team appearances so far this season - are you happy with how you've performed?

Yes. I was happy to get those chances. Obviously they came with Pepe getting injured, but you want to be able to prove you can do it at the top level - and I think in those games, I was able to show I was worthy of being here at least and being in and amongst the squad. Overall, it was a good period certainly for me, but also in the league games we had some difficult matches but got some good results. I was really happy to get that run of games. You don't always expect it - I don't think too many 'keepers who have been here with Pepe have had that chance, so I was happy to get the games and show I can perform when needed.

How much are you enjoying that challenge of trying to get in ahead of Pepe?

It's good. We've got a healthy relationship. With Peter Gulacsi as well, there are three of us working every day. John Achterberg [first-team goalkeeping coach] has been really good as well in pushing us every day. The four of us as a group are a hard-working team. I think a lot of people are sometimes not too sure what goalkeepers get up to during the week, but I can tell you it's not easy - John is pretty ruthless sometimes! We all get along well and drive each other. It's a good position to be in when everyone is snapping at the heels and wanting to be out there playing. When Pepe was injured, I had Peter right there and in training you can see there is good competition.

Finally, you've received great support from the Liverpool fans over the last few months - do you have a message for them?

I've said before, it's one of the biggest families in the world and I've been very lucky to receive the support they've given me. There is no other club I'd want to be at. Given the chance, as long as the manager wants me here, I'd be willing to stay - and that's been proven to be the case.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:36 pm

Getting sick & tired of articles starting with "Player has opened doors" just because they want EPL! ! Clubber
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:53 pm

Given that people have shared their lists it's only fair I share mine.

First and foremost let me say this: I am looking at targets through the prism of what I feel our continued approach will be. 4-3-3, "tiki-taka" is NOT my favourite approach to the game; I'm very much a Rafanatic in my personal views on footy. As many will know, I quite enjoy versatile players and formations and am in no way against having a "Plan B."

That said, we're at a stage in our history and development as a club where we are looking to establish an identity on the pitch that will (hopefully) guide us in the near-to-mid range future. That style is the possession-based system Rodgers favours. And so far this season we've seen the team slowly making progress in this style, in terms of both performances and, more recently, results. And this has come about despite the glaring fact that we lack some of the key components for making such a system work. As such, I think it more important that we focusing on bringing in the type of players that will further improve our "Plan A" rather than attempting to work on "Plan B", especially if the B players involve hefty fees or wages. I see no need for Ba currently. Bony is like Ince in that he's only come onto the radar this season or last, unproven against any serious opposition, AND he's a type of player that wouldn't really fit into our game plan.

I also see no need for new central midfielders. We have Allen, Sahin, Henderson, Shelvey, Gerrard, Suso, and youngsters to cover these positions. The midfield positions have much more depth overall than other areas. You could make the argument for pursuing cover for Lucas, but even then I think there are other areas that are more pressing concerns.

With all of that in mind, here's my wishlist.
INS
Two wide-forwards/scoring wingers (in order of preference):
1. Walcott - Vastly experienced for his age, and showing signs of finally maturing into the type of player Arsenal fans have dreamed of him being since he was first brought in.
2. Remy - We haven't really been linked with him but his agent's said he'll be available for as little as 10m in January. He's no stranger to the goal and he can also offer something different as a CF if/when needed.
3. Sturridge - Yes, Sturridge. Most on here don't like him and the criticisms leveled at him at by and large legitimate, but I think most of his key faults (selfishness, attitude) can be attributed to his youth and with proper coaching they could be dealt with or channeled better. He's a lethal finisher when confident and could be just what we need as a goal-scoring wide forward.
4. Grosskreutz/Sanchez/etc - We've been linked with several other wide options in the past few weeks, though nothing serious. They're all on some level proven in top leagues though and would be improvements over playing a fullback, 18 year olds, or Downing on the wing.
4. Ince - I don't dislike Ince. I don't like Ince. In fact, I'm largely apathetic to the lad. I harbor no ill-will over the rejected contract offer last season nor am I particularly excited over his great performances in half a season in the Championship. He'd be a decent addition on current form and given that we're entitled to roughly 1/3 of his transfer fee we'd effectively be paying ourselves. But I'd worried if he was meant to be a key attacking addition.

A fullback on loan (preferably a LB):
I don't honestly know who would even be available here, but it's a position I'd like to address, if possible. We currently have one senior RB (Johnson) and one senior LB (Enrique), along with some youngsters (Wisdom) and players playing out of position (Downing, Henderson). Kelly is injury-prone and tends to be inconsistent and slow to get back up to pace when he's fit. Flanagan and Robinson obviously don't have Rodgers' faith for whatever reason and Wisdom is a very young CB playing out of position. If we could pick up a back-up to Enrique in January I think it would help the team all across the pitch. Johnson staying at RB rather than switching flanks repeatedly would add a bit of continuity to defense and allow him to develop a better understanding with whoever ends up at RW/RF.

OUTS
1. Cole - 90k a week. Yes, he's shown signs of actually finding some semblance of form in recent weeks, but I'd argue that's all the more reason to try to sell him while we can still get something for him.
2. Downing - Especially if we can loan a fullback.
3. Pacheco - Passed over by 4 separate managers now, I think it's time to let him move on.
4. Wilson - Not much to say here.
5. Doni - See above.

I rather doubt we can move on all 5 of those but even selling 3 or 4 of them would free up between £150k and £250k a week in wages. That's no small chunk of change, especially when you remember that transfer funds and wage funds come from the same central pot.

Ideally, then:
Ins:
Walcott/Remy
Sturridge/Ince
Fullback (loan)

Outs:
Cole
Downing
Wilson
Doni

First team:
Reina
Johnson - Skrtel - Agger - Enrique
Lucas
Gerrard - Allen/Sahin
Walcott/Remy - Suarez - Borini/Sturridge

Back-up:
Jones
Kelly - Coates - Carra - Loanee
Coady/Allen
Shelvey/Suso - Henderson
Suso/Sterling - Borini - Assaidi/Ince

RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:07 pm

Note that I want these players in the next 2 windows, not only in Jan.

Personal Preferences:

Ins:
1. Stevan Jovetic - I've said a million times why he'd be good for us

2. Giuseppe Rossi - same as above

3. Antoine Griezmann - Can play LW/RW/AM. He's amazingly talented with the ball and has a great eye for the pass. Not to mention his quickness and his price. La Liga players in general storm into PL with no problem. This guy is so good, I really hope our scouting team is watching him because soon he'll move to a top team and we won't be able to afford him. He can score goals from the wings, but he'll be perfect for us because he can play the AM position as well. Sometimes we need a player from the midfield to be able to beat his man on the run, and other than Suso we do not have that currently.

4. Theo Walcott - Out of the guys that we are linked with he's the only one I actually want in our team. Not only is he a die hard Pool fan but also a very good player.

5. Teemu Pukki - nuff said.

6. Davide Santon - I'm against buying from rivals and making them rich with our own money but this guy is good. We are definitely in need of a fullback and Santon can play both positions to perfection. Newcastle are shite at the moment, this could be the perfect chance to rue him away from them. With Downing gone, and Enrique showing inconsistency in the past year and half, Santon can be the perfect fullback for the next decade.

First Team:
Reina
Johnson - Skrtel - Agger - Enrique/Santon
Lucas
Gerrard - Griezmann/Allen
Rossi/Walcott - Suarez- Jovetic/Griezmann

*Griezmann more advanced than Stevie (AM)

Back Up:
Jones
Kelly - Carra/Wisdom - Coates - Enrique/Santon
Coady/Allen
Shelvey/Suso - Henderson
Suso/Sterling - Borini/Pukki - Assaidi/Borini

Last edited by Messiah "Aggerswagger" on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:10 pm

I didn't mention who I want out but it's obvious

1. Sahin (return to madrid) summer
2. Downing
3. Cole
4. Doni
5. Wilson
6. Pacheco

*Carroll/Spearing : No return
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:36 am

@ Red and Messiah Agger:

Just out of curiosity, why do you guys feel we're in need for fullbacks? I feel we're covered well there and it's probably the position where we have depth. You have to remember if Glen or Enrique get injured Flanno, Wisdom and Robbo can step up and do a job. And when Kelly recovers he is too. I feel Downing is only playing as a LB so we can find a potential buyer for him.

I do feel we lack depth at CB though. Carragher isn't getting any younger and by the looks of it Coates isn't ready to step up to be a solid 3rd CB. (He's rotated with Carragher in terms of games.) I like Sama but can he stand up and perform next season? Or do you guys feel we should sign a CB in the next window or even the summer?

stevieg8 wrote:I should clarify. I wasn't trying to say that we shouldn't buy from lower squads; obviously that would be an unsustainable transfer policy, and we'd never unearth gems - like most of the squad we have now. Instead, I'm worried that we're targetting players who have excelled in an attack catering to their playing styles (see Charlie Adam at Blackpool, or even - to a much lesser extent - Downing at Aston Villa), which could be accomplished at lower sides. Accordingly, the results we see (and have appeared blinded by in the past) in terms of stats may not fit our club, and we are picking up players that perform at high levels against low quality opposition, but won't perform for us.

Obviously, this is less of a problem without Comolli in the picture, so I should worry less about it. I have faith in our scouting team under Rodgers, so should stop stressing about players I've never watched. In terms of Ince, the only information I have is that he left Liverpool just two seasons ago, and has excelled in the Championship since then. It makes me question what has changed - is his two years more of age enough on its own to warrant a starting spot? I haven't seen him play, maybe it is; maybe his play looks PL quality, and I just haven't seen it. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Oh. Sorry, I misunderstood. That does make sense and I do agree with it.
I've actually stated the same thing in response to MessiahAggerSwagger saying we shouldn't sign British players. I felt it was harsh to discriminate them like that and made the same point. We should sign players that suit us. We didn't do that when we bought the likes of Downing, Adam and Enrique. All three of those players are direct and were brought in to help Carroll settle - not help the team progress. Majority of our squad [it was still basically Rafa's] were all suited to playing in a passing mobile game.

And to be honest, even with Andy finding some form late last season, I'm glad Rodgers pushed him out. I have nothing against Carroll as a person (I've never met the guy) but he was never going to succede here. Suarez was superior in every way and I'm glad we built the team around Luis rather than delay the progress to help the 35m million man settle. It only would of hurt us more in the future.

Regarding Ince, I'll be honest and say I've never seen play a game live since he's left. But in the reserves whilst he was here he never seemed to pass and it was all about him although he was very good. Perhaps times have changed and Rodgers has seen something in him. I was just stressing the point that we didn't get rid of him for his quality rather he left for first team football.

And lastly, Rodgers scouting team. I'm actually happy with them. They don't necessary look at just the PL. We've been rumoured to sign players from the BBVA, Eredivisie, Ligue 1 and Bundesliga. (Havn't seen a player in the Serie A as of yet unless you want to count Borini in.)

Oh, and I think the (2 or 3?) City scouts have arrived early so they're probably working as we speak. You may argue that it isn't hard to scout at City with the amounts they've spent but they can atleast spot the quality. Who would you rather have spent 80m on: Aguero, Silva and Toure or Carroll, Downing and Henderson? With that said, City have signed some good players on the cheap. Kompany, Hart, Micah Richards, Clichy, Denis Suarez etc etc.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:37 am

I agree with Ynwa, we don't need a left-back.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:39 pm

If we dont buy a LB then we need a winger who can start every game every week.
Shouldn't be like Assaidi who plays only in the EL or Sterling who is too inexperienced or Downing who is too shite. Ince doesn't look like that signing.

But i wont deny that im pleasantly surprised by Enrique's form in his new role.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 23  Next