Post by RealGunner Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:36 pm

Norwich Vs Arsenal Gervino-Arsenal_R_2341267b
GERVAIS

Norwich Vs Arsenal
Carrow Road
17:30 BST
Referee: L. Probert‎

Away we go

After the 2 weeks of International break, we are finally back to proper football as the greatest league of all times return this weekend but above of all, Arsenal are back in business. We travel to Carrow road to face a Struggling Norwich side but still very dangerous because struggling teams usually give their all to try and turn their season around. If we go in with an attitude of " it will be an easy job " then we might as well stay in London. Tomorrow will also be a test, just like it is every time to see how we perform after an international break. We will have around 80% of the team who played twice in last 4 days compared to Norwich who had about one or two. Therefore a test of our commitment and fitness will be on the show.

Tactics against the canaries.

Houghton has had a tough start back in the Premier League, Norwich are in the bottom 3 with 1 win in last 4. Compared to that we have been steady and composed. Our away win to West ham was confident boosting after a poor home result against Chelsea. But then how do we face Norwich ? The game might be quite similar to West ham, apart from the midfield battle where Norwich don't have a Diame. But our defence will have to face the height of Holt and the pace of Bennet and surman. The best thing to do will be to go with the same team that started against West Ham. However with injuries to gibbs, it will be interesting to see how Santos comes in at the left back.

Team News

For Arsenal, We have lost Theo and Koscielny to injuries during the international break. Diaby is still 10 days away while Rosicky has moved back to Czech republic to smoke on some marijuana and listen to Bob Marley. Fabianski is out for quite few months while Szczesny will or should be back in 3 weeks or so. Rumors circulating that Wilshere is in the squad against Norwich, but i don't know how true they are. Sagna is also nearly there and may be on the bench.

For Norwich, Sniffgrass is doubtful but think he will be ready.Defender Steven Whittaker is not yet ready to return from his ankle injury.

Potential Team for Arsenal

---------------------------------------Mannone-----------------------------------

Jenkinson-----------------Mertesacker--------------Vermaelen--------------Santos

--------------------------Arteta-------------Ramsey------------------------------

Gervinho----------------------------Cazorla---------------------------Podolski-----

---------------------------Giroud--------------------------------------------------

I am not sure who will start upfront. Wenger can go for Gervinho up top with oxlade on the RW or he can go with my formation.

Norwich Potential team

---------------------------------Ruddy---------------------------------------

Martin---------------Bassong--------------Barnett-------------------Garrido----

---------------------------Johnson----- Howson----------------------------

E Bennett-----------------------Hoolahan----------------------------- Surman

-----------------------------------HOLTTT---------------------------------------

Mertesacker vs holt should be good.

Match Stats (bbc)

Head-to-head

• Arsenal have not lost at Carrow Road in 11 visits since a 1-0 defeat on Boxing Day 1984 (W4, D7). They have also won a League Cup tie in Norfolk during that time.
  • Arsene Wenger's side have scored 18 goals scored in their last five Premier League meetings against Norwich, who have also scored in each of those matches.
  • Norwich are winless in their last nine matches against Arsenal home and away since a 4-2 victory at Highbury on the first day of the Premier League in August 1992.

Norwich

• Three points from seven games is Norwich's worst ever start to a top-flight campaign.
  • They have won only one of their last 12 Premier League games (W1, D4, L7).
  • The Canaries have scored with just 6% of their attempts on goal, the worst conversion rate in the division.
  • Chris Hughton has failed to win in his last 12 Premier League matches as manager since his Newcastle side won 1-0 at Arsenal in November 2010.

Arsenal

• The Gunners are unbeaten in their last seven away matches in the league dating back to April, and have only lost one of their last 12 on the road (W7, D4, L1).
  • Arsenal have trailed in 23 Premier League games out of 45 since the start of last season.
  • According to Opta, Santi Cazorla has created 21 scoring chances for team-mates from open play - the most in Europe's top five leagues this season.
  • Lukas Podolski is the only player to be substituted in each of the first seven Premier League games of this season.
  • Full-back Kieran Gibbs made his league debut while on loan with Norwich in February 2008, against Hull in the Championship.
  • This match is being staged two days before Arsene Wenger's 63rd birthday.

Final Points

Well it should be a Routine victory. We have more quality then them but will that be enough? Need to see. As long as we dont make stupid mistakes, defend well from the corners. We should be ok i guess

Last edited by RealGunner on Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Norwich Vs Arsenal Empty Re: Norwich Vs Arsenal

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:53 pm

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews
Jack Wilshere's agent says midfielder is in Arsenal squad for tomorrow's game against Norwich #SSN

GET IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:55 pm

Good write up RG Thumbs up

Anything less than three points would be unsatisfactory.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:59 pm

while Rosicky has moved back to Czech republic to smoke on some marijuana and listen to Bob Marley.

Sniffgrass

RG's previews. :bow:
Hoping for a comfortable win so tired players like Cazorla and Giroud can get subbed earlier. Thumbs up
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:16 pm

Mannone
Jenkinson Mertesacker Vermaelen Santos
Arteta Coquelin
Ramsey Cazorla Podolski
Gervinho

This is what I would start... my only dilemma is Giroud or Gervinho.

I expect to win this one easily... 7 guys from that team didn't play full matches on tuesday/wednesday. Norwich's defence is pretty bad so we might aswell start Gervinho upfront who can destroy that defence with his movement and pace but so can Giroud (decisions.... decisions)

A trashing would be welcome Very Happy
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:39 pm

Great Job RG.

Its has been boring 2 weeks thank god EPL is back and Arsenal game is on TV in Toronto again. :bow:

I like the line up and I hope Wenger sticks with the same as you RG. I would not drop Giroud, especially for a team like Norwich where he can score few goals.

We need to score at least 3 goals.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:42 pm

I would definitely start Giroud in this game. First goal against West Ham, now a late winner for France in mid-week - guy is on a high at the moment and we're playing against a side struggling and leaking goals. It's the ideal time to play Giroud.

If we turn up and play well, I can't see us losing the game. Norwich do have means to hurt us and there's always a chance that something goes their way and this game ends up being the one that turns their season around. So I expect us to be thoroughly professional in this game. Get an early goal and maybe we could win by three or four.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:45 pm

A side question.. why Wenger keeps subbing Podolski?

Norwich are struggling but we are not in a better condition, considering the amount of injuries we have right now.

Id start Giroud and push him to score and gain his confidence back.

Excited with the return of Jack.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:47 pm

Great work RG

i would go with same line up as RG
if gerv can cause problems with his movement Giroud can do that even better plus he can help in physical battles as norwich knows they cant outplay us in our own way
remember how they tried to work on per with that fat rugby player trying to bully him

also Russel Martins style is more like a CB and he plays very narrow
so having Santos who can even be a goal threat when get into positions compared to Gibbs can hopefully be blessing in disguise

Holahan is decent player but partnering Holt with someone like him rather than conventional striker who acts more like striker than midfielder can play into our hands
we usually struggle in those 2 vs 2 situations with no spare man

few times that i watched tettey last season he worked hard in middle for liile helping Mvilla there
plus johnson crosses to far post when switching to left could create some chances versus chelsea
Norwich Vs Arsenal Screen15

with Garrido being their more composed fullback of them on that side

i always mention scoring first goal
last season in PL Away teams scoring first won on 65% of occasions Razz
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:53 pm

The only way I can see Giroud scoring few is if Wenger and Vermaelen threatened Gervinho he must pass and cross the ball once a while and not try to take on the entire team and the fans. rofl rofl

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:11 pm

It feels like it has been...so long since our last game. So very long.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:17 pm

Just don't start both Gervinho and Giroud Sad
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:19 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Just don't start both Gervinho and Giroud Sad

Gervinho is useless on the wings, bring him on for Giroud in the second half. I rather see Oxe on the wings, at least Oxe tries to cross the ball.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:40 pm

i will go with RGs formation.. we dont have much options.. injuries starting to take control and half of the team is out.. Walcott, Koscielny, Gibbs, Diaby, Sczeny...
Giroud is our only striker and he needs to play continuosly with the team to keep his momentum going.. and Gervinho at RW.. i think he can do well in the wings atleast against smaller teams.. sometime on bench will do Ox good.. as pointed, will be a good test for Santos too.. think he can put some crosses for Giroud.. would like to see more from Podolski.. i feel he is anonymous most of the time except when he scores and defends.. i want to see more play from him in the final third..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:53 pm

Wilson37 wrote:i will go with RGs formation.. we dont have much options.. injuries starting to take control and half of the team is out.. Walcott, Koscielny, Gibbs, Diaby, Sczeny...
Giroud is our only striker and he needs to play continuosly with the team to keep his momentum going.. and Gervinho at RW.. i think he can do well in the wings atleast against smaller teams.. sometime on bench will do Ox good.. as pointed, will be a good test for Santos too.. think he can put some crosses for Giroud.. would like to see more from Podolski.. i feel he is anonymous most of the time except when he scores and defends.. i want to see more play from him in the final third..

Have you seen the way he combines with Cazorla? Or are we watching different games? scratch

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:35 pm

Norwich Vs Arsenal 487430_350337531723006_1712798207_n :bow: :bow:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:03 pm

Podolski and Cazorla are immaculate together.

Great write up RG!

I feel like a man stumbling along dying in the desert. Please let this match be the oasis I crash into and drink in, I've missed you these past two weeks Arsenal Sad
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:06 pm

Wilson, check out the way Poldi and Cazorla ripped apart Liverpool a few weeks ago :bow:
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:45 pm

Poldi is like Arshavin in a way, seems like he has done nothing all game but pops up with a big goal or assist, however unlike Arshavin he always running around doing the dirty work without being noticed

If only Arshavin had that quality he would have been one of the worlds best
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:41 pm

Nice work RG.

Last season, this game was quite comfortable for us, even though we were 1-0 down following Mertesacker's error. Van Persie of course netted two good goals following Song and Walcott assists, funnily enough, all 3 players won't be involved tomorrow for obvious reasons.

I think Norwich have gone backwards since last season, mainly due to the manager change, and the fact last season was an over-achievement season by them. Even though Norwich have taken some batterings and not won this season, they still have the ability to give us a tough game at home.

I think Wilshere and Sagna will both be on the bench but I doubt either will appear unless we're comfortable with 20 mins to go or something.

I expect:

Mannone

Sagna Mertesacker Vermaelen Santos

Ramsey Arteta

Gervinho Cazorla Podolski

Giroud

Martinez, Djourou, Sagna, Coquelin, Wilshere, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Arshavin

Last edited by Samuelj29060 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:44 pm

Szczesny is still "two or three" weeks away
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:51 pm

Lex wrote:Szczesny is still "two or three" weeks away

Razz You know I meant Vito. Force of habit writing Szczesny.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:14 pm

Sagna to start and be on the bench :bow:

Not to batter you Sam Razz
MJ